• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Sorry for the triple post but I just had to post this

22Nh7Qi.gif

*dead*

I was a gigantic idiot when I registered back in 2008 and never fully verified my account. About 5 years later, I found out my blunder and can finally post, all thanks to procrastinating for finals. When I read/heard that getting approved here took awhile, I was blown away that is was taking as long for me as it did lol.

It feels so weird to finally be able to post in this thread, when I've played the role of lurker so long. Can't wait to dig into Lost World info with you guys later, y'all are easily the best Sonic community to me by far.
Welcome! It's rare to see posts like this, and it warms my cynical old heart.
Welcome. Welcome to SonicGAF.

It's safer here.

Now I'm conflicted between using this or "& Knuckles" for the 3rd OT...if it ever gets that far.

Tirod

Now I'm conflicted between using this or "& Knuckles" for the 3rd OT...if it ever gets that far.

Considering the number of posts you guys have managed to contribute during the radio silence prior to Lost World and the new Nintendo/SEGA partnership, I'd say you needn't worry.

Tizoc

Far as XBO goes, why not just buy games when they go on sale or cheap? Games in Europe drop in price mad quick if you just wait for a while.

Sorry for the triple post but I just had to post this

22Nh7Qi.gif

I'm gonna risk and just ask...what does the 1 degree mean exactly?

Tizoc

It's a play on the old joke "it's called xbox 360 because you turn 360 degrees and walk away." Except this time it's just 1 degree.

Ah I see, never knew about that joke, haha. Thanks~

So am I the only one whose looking forward to SEGA mainly during E3? I actually do keep my expectations at check, but I really wanna see some announcements from them in E3...
Yakuza 5 for PS3 and PS4 YOPO THANK YOU BASED NAGOSHI!

Kokonoe

Banned
After Generations, pretty darn excited.

-edit-

Gaming side sure is crazy right now, it's like everyone is acting like a PR salesmen.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That's why before, during, and after E3 I usually just stick to PMs and Community anyway. Heck, I did that a few months ago when I got tired of Gaming Side's shtick.

I was a gigantic idiot when I registered back in 2008 and never fully verified my account. About 5 years later, I found out my blunder and can finally post, all thanks to procrastinating for finals. When I read/heard that getting approved here took awhile, I was blown away that is was taking as long for me as it did lol.

It feels so weird to finally be able to post in this thread, when I've played the role of lurker so long. Can't wait to dig into Lost World info with you guys later, y'all are easily the best Sonic community to me by far.
Welcome aboard! Ahaha, I almost missed that e-mail when I applied to GAF as well. Hope you enjoy your stay!

I love how they assume self-published is uncurated.
I figured you'd get a kick out of that bullshit, so that's why I kept it in the screencap. Honestly...

Far as XBO goes, why not just buy games when they go on sale or cheap? Games in Europe drop in price mad quick if you just wait for a while.
Eh, you kinda missed the point of several issues that people have brought up in several threads entirely. And for that matter, games don't completely drop in price as fast over here in Canada unless you luck out somehow.

I buy used most of the time (and no, this isn't from only EB or Best Buy or Future Shop or whatever; this is from other people whether online or people I know) because it's more convenient for me. As a result, much of my library consists of games that I haven't bought myself. Either they're hand-me-downs (and shoot, I guess you can't even do that now, can ya, without having to pay the fee for it), stuff I got pawed off on me for free because people didn't want it (again, I'd have to pay the fee to be able to use the game in the first place), or it's stuff that I just paid buddies or acquaintances $5-15 for. So, yes, as someone who plays used games often, this does get on my nerves.

I mean, shoot, I got quite an expansion to my Wii library just because my cousin sold the console off, and I got my first pick at the games he was going to sell off. Not being able to buy used or get a game when someone's finished playing it is just not convenient to my playing lifestyle at all. Heck, now that I think about it, a lot of the stuff I've played has also been borrowed from other people. I like borrowing games from others (and previously, from stores) because it's easier on my wallet. I know that they're backpedalling on that, but I think it's pretty dang ridiculous that they never factored that in. Essentially, their DRM model simply lacks adequate foresight, especially with respect to my buying habits.

Kokonoe

Banned
http://youtu.be/hJxLqjLWZvE

Sonic 06 never fails to entertain
Is there some hidden joke I'm missing? lol

I can't even imagine how crazy E3 is going to be.

Oh, boy. This will my second GAF e3, but I may just stay away from chatrooms and the internet while it's going on. Easier to concentrate on what's going on.

Don't even bother with the board during that time?

It's not a matter of during, right now it's all of the time. Oh yeah, and people really liking dog characters.

Super Metroid Symphony is awesome...never has Kraid's Lair sounded so good.

I've never been on a message board during E3 and I don't plan to start.

I had an odd dream where Sonic Lost World was like this 2.5D title where Sonic took missions in open stages from SOLDIER NPCS, he was in a skyscraper, the visuals were like the new Duck Tales style crossed with Sonic Advance sprites, he had a gun! A GUN!
When I pondered that this wasn't at all like the one teaser shot we had my mind instantly shifted to something else entirely.
Still not as strange as some of the stuff that's come out of Professor Beef's crazed dreams.

Oh and there was also this nightmare where MS showed a new console and everything just kept getting worse and worse, every piece of news was like another sharp jolt of terror...hang on that was no dream!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
qq, you told me you were going to bed an hour ago! GO TO BED.

Fuck, now I have to finish Zero no Kiseki by September. I need this. I need this. I'm not even sure which version I want to get yet, but man. I am psyched.

I am also enjoying the fact that they're finally adding a small battle addition to the games. I like the AT battle system and all, but after three games of it, I think we need a change. That's not to say I didn't enjoy Nayuta no Kiseki's blend of Kiseki and Ys (because I really did; I truly missed platforming in Ys and Nayuta gave that to me), but I'd like to see some battle changes in the mainline Kiseki games:

Tactics Link - Using the next gen tactics orbment "Arcus", you can perform link attacks with comrades. You may perform a link attack when the opponent's fighting stance is broken. If you foster better and deeper bonds with allies, you'll get better abilities. I know I like to compare the series to Suikoden a lot, but this takes the cake and makes me feel all giddy. Eeeeee, we get to go to the Kiseki version of Harmonia and we get to have combination attacks styled after Suikoden IV's. omg.

It's rare that I get excited for anything relating to RPGs now, so let me have this. >.>

the-legend-of-heroes-s1xhp.jpg
the-legend-of-heroes-eis3q.jpg
the-legend-of-heroes-c5api.jpg

Yes. NEW BATTLE UI TOO OH MY GOD.

*cough* You all were saying?

Oh Rockman X on Wii U, etc.

I had an odd dream where Sonic Lost World was like this 2.5D title where Sonic took missions in open stages from SOLDIER NPCS, he was in a skyscraper, the visuals were like the new Duck Tales style crossed with Sonic Advance sprites, he had a gun! A GUN!
I hope your dream doesn't come to fruition because oh lordy that doesn't sound pleasant. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. That's not what I want at all.

Oh and there was also this nightmare where MS showed a new console and everything just kept getting worse and worse, every piece of news was like another sharp jolt of terror...hang on that was no dream!
That's no nightmare! That's a hilarious dream.

Tizoc

Eh, you kinda missed the point of several issues that people have brought up in several threads entirely. And for that matter, games don't completely drop in price as fast over here in Canada unless you luck out somehow.
OK I can get the whole region thing, and I may have been unfair mainly as EU is my main region.

I buy used most of the time (and no, this isn't from only EB or Best Buy or Future Shop or whatever; this is from other people whether online or people I know) because it's more convenient for me. As a result, much of my library consists of games that I haven't bought myself. Either they're hand-me-downs (and shoot, I guess you can't even do that now, can ya, without having to pay the fee for it), stuff I got pawed off on me for free because people didn't want it (again, I'd have to pay the fee to be able to use the game in the first place), or it's stuff that I just paid buddies or acquaintances $5-15 for. So, yes, as someone who plays used games often, this does get on my nerves.

I mean, shoot, I got quite an expansion to my Wii library just because my cousin sold the console off, and I got my first pick at the games he was going to sell off. Not being able to buy used or get a game when someone's finished playing it is just not convenient to my playing lifestyle at all. Heck, now that I think about it, a lot of the stuff I've played has also been borrowed from other people. I like borrowing games from others (and previously, from stores) because it's easier on my wallet. I know that they're backpedalling on that, but I think it's pretty dang ridiculous that they never factored that in. Essentially, their DRM model simply lacks adequate foresight, especially with respect to my buying habits.

Heh well it would really help if the digital ver. of any released title iss sold for under 60, like say, $40, with an extra discount for Gold Members/Whatever it'll be called in the new Box.
Then again my other option was to wait a year, get the system, by then some older games would be cheaper, and you can experience them.
Moderation compadre, don't rush it and focus on your backlog~

Speaking of which, gonna spend the next few days aiming for getting 30,000 kills in Hokuto Musou 2 and get the Platinum for it (should take me a week at most if I'm diligent enough lol).
Then jump back and Platinum Alice: Madness Returns along with finishing Unfinished Swan.

By then I'd have finished Tales of Graces f and MAYBE Platinuming it along with LEGO Lord of the Rings @3@

Got the last achievement on PC Sonic Generations the other day, making it the second I've ever bothered to full-clear. Staggeringly good game. I still need S ranks on Egg Dragoon, but that's probably a bit beyond my tolerance.

Worst achievements:

- Can't Touch This (obviously)
- Time Attacker (crashes constantly on PC)
- 100% Challenges (I did this once and wasn't online so it didn't pop, had to do them all again :I)

Tizoc

Well~
Managed to swap out my afternoon shift for morning shift for next week.
Managed to get 10+ days off during July for EVO 2013.
Managed to swap out my night shifts after my leave with another staff so I have morning shift when I get back.

Only thing I just realized is that EVO 2013 is during Ramadhan haha.

When I pondered that this wasn't at all like the one teaser shot we had my mind instantly shifted to something else entirely.
Still not as strange as some of the stuff that's come out of Professor Beef's crazed dreams.
I had a nightmare that I found the N-word on a building in Earthbound, and then I walked up some grassy hill explaining to somebody who didn't think it was a huge deal (no face to the guy, sorry), coming up with as many off-color puns as I could between him and I in my attempt to explain it. However, somebody overheard us, got offended, was all like "Excuse me?" so I tried to get away from there, but they followed me and tried to lynch me with a garden hose.

Thank goodness I don't act like that in reality.

Sciz

Oh hey, Sonic Retro unearthed a pretty cool SA1 prototype with a version of that long lost Windy Valley level in it. The thread's here, though you could just look at the article I wrote for TSSZ if you don't feel like sifting through a 6+ page thread for the important stuff ;P

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/22/sonic-retro-uncovers-pair-of-sonic-adventure-prototypes/

Oh, sweet.

Interesting that those test maps are so big on Genesis-style curved geometry. They must have at least been trying to get some proper physics working.

iavi

Oh hey, Sonic Retro unearthed a pretty cool SA1 prototype with a version of that long lost Windy Valley level in it. The thread's here, though you could just look at the article I wrote for TSSZ if you don't feel like sifting through a 6+ page thread for the important stuff ;P

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/05/22/sonic-retro-uncovers-pair-of-sonic-adventure-prototypes/

It's amazing that even after all this time, stuff like this is still just found. Always amazing.

I hope your dream doesn't come to fruition because oh lordy that doesn't sound pleasant. Nope. Nope, nope, nope. That's not what I want at all.
You should have seen it, it was plain bad, did I mention the soldier NPCs were like Weasel men as opposed to humans? straight up Conker's Bad Fur Day stuff with a Sonic fandom twist.

That's no nightmare! That's a hilarious dream.
It kept me up into the unearthly hours of the morning because there was a steady flow of hilariously bad news, just when you thought it couldn't get any worse another thread zoomed in to the effect of "oh yes, it can get worse".
I'm sure it was a nightmare to the MS fans at least.

So I guess JC got banned
Man, he was on an undefeated streak and now he's had two bans in quick succession, JC's monster push is over, he's in the GAF doghouse.

I had a nightmare that I found the N-word on a building in Earthbound, and then I walked up some grassy hill explaining to somebody who didn't think it was a huge deal (no face to the guy, sorry), coming up with as many off-color puns as I could between him and I in my attempt to explain it. However, somebody overheard us, got offended, was all like "Excuse me?" so I tried to get away from there, but they followed me and tried to lynch me with a garden hose.

Thank goodness I don't act like that in reality.
I imagine it was actually kind of scary when it happened, No Psi powers to save you it seems, well at least i'm not the only one with a recent nonsense dream related to video games.

Oh and it seems Sterling tackled the Sonic Cycle in his latest rhymedown spectacular, I found it rather amusing myself.

qq more

This is neat. I kind of want to see Sega actually successfully make a momentum-based 3D Sonic game. This beta looks like they tried to but ended up doing a different focus in the final game (not that it's a bad thing, I enjoyed SA1 a lot).

Perfect summary of that thread.

EDIT: Looking at it now, it seems things has actually settled down... at least for now. Certain people should change their damn disturbing avatar though.

So I guess JC got banned

Again? What happened?

Anth0ny

Again? What happened?

I heard he posted spoilers for some anime. That's a paddlin.

So I went on a 3 day vacation to Montreal, and I figured I could clear both Sonic Advance and Sonic Battle off my backlog.

I learned two things:

1. Sonic Advance is probably the hardest 2D Sonic ever made (and I've played the Game Gear games)

2. Grinding Emerl is fucking boring as fuck during those first few hours.

I barely proceeded through either game ._.

1. Sonic Advance is probably the hardest 2D Sonic ever made (and I've played the Game Gear games)
What? It's probably the easiest of the trilogy. You can breeze through pretty much the entire game in an hour or two your first run - I know I did, back in 2001. Only real hard spots are Egg Rocket onwards (which aren't hard so much as they require memorization) and the special stages (which have very awkward perspective correction, so things look like they're in places they're not, making grabbing things or timing things a bit of a pain without some practice).

Hey if you guys can actually control spinball then more power to you, pinball has never been my ally and in a game like spinball that greatly requires jumping back and forth between multiple areas of the levels/tables only intensifies my suffering, I can't even imagine what the last stage must be like.

Also that options music man, holy heck, my ears do not agree with it!

Triple Trouble is pretty decent, I replayed it last year I think maybe I can find some thoughts on it in the other thread.

Anth0ny

What? It's probably the easiest of the trilogy. You can breeze through pretty much the entire game in an hour or two your first run - I know I did, back in 2001. Only real hard spots are Egg Rocket onwards (which aren't hard so much as they require memorization) and the special stages (which have very awkward perspective correction, so things look like they're in places they're not, making grabbing things or timing things a bit of a pain without some practice).

There are fucking random spikes and projectiles everywhere. Amy is horrible. Also, Egg Rocket. Put the two together and I'm stuck for an hour.

I feel like the game may have been balanced around Sonic, as I actually had a harder time finishing the game with Tails and Knuckles. Amy... forget about it.

qq more

I watched a video of Sonic Triple Trouble on the eShop and it looks like something I'd enjoy playing.
That game is great, buy it!

There are fucking random spikes and projectiles everywhere. Amy is horrible. Also, Egg Rocket. Put the two together and I'm stuck for an hour.

I feel like the game may have been balanced around Sonic, as I actually had a harder time finishing the game with Tails and Knuckles. Amy... forget about it.

I felt the level design in Advance 1 was pretty decent except for Egg Rocket/Cosmic Angel.

And Amy mode was fun, it wasn't too tough. You just have to take a different approach on how to go through the zones.

In checking the old thread to see if I had any thoughts on Triple Trouble as whole (I don't seem to) I stumbled across a post that involves me responding to a Shadow Hog post about a weird video game related dream with my own weird video game related dream, uncanny considering the dream related posts earlier today.

I did remind myself of that Knuckles in the sub marine boss battle from triple trouble, I do not remember it fondly.

Hey if you guys can actually control spinball then more power to you, pinball has never been my ally and in a game like spinball that greatly requires jumping back and forth between multiple areas of the levels/tables only intensifies my suffering, I can't even imagine what the last stage must be like.

Also that options music man, holy heck, my ears do not agree with it!

Triple Trouble is pretty decent, I replayed it last year I think maybe I can find some thoughts on it in the other thread.

We'll agree to disagree but I enjoyed the music of Spinball, thought Toxic Caves was the best tune out of that bunch.

qq more

We'll agree to disagree but I enjoyed the music of Spinball, thought Toxic Caves was the best tune out of that bunch.

Toxic Caves and Lava Powerhouse are great. I don't remember much else of the OST other than the bad options song. I should look into hearing the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom