• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

I think that used games stuff was debunked by the Xbox Support Twitter. Also is anyone having their 'users who quoted you' gone from the User CP?

Nope, it got dedebunk apparently. The anti used games system is real :/

And yeah, I don't see the "who quoted you" thing either. Wonder if it's removed for the sake of the site's server during conferences?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think that used games stuff was debunked by the Xbox Support Twitter. Also is anyone having their 'users who quoted you' gone from the User CP?
Did you read the new thread? I would take the word of the company VP over a twitter guy.

And yes, that's gone for me. Ahaha, I barely check User CP to begin with. I just go right to my subscriptions first.

qq more said:
I seriously want rain, it cools everything down and I love the atmosphere of it.

Thunderstorms I'm not in the mood for right now :/
I like sunshine a lot more! Whenever it rains, I generally have a less-than-stellar day.

And yeah, I don't see the "who quoted you" thing either. Wonder if it's removed for the sake of the site's server during conferences?
OT and avatars are the next things to go for E3, then.

This board is going to crash and burn during E3.

If I'm on vacation then...I may just go out and enjoy the fine Colorado weather and come back in the evening and read the aftermath.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.
Stop digging this hole even deeper and deeper.

WEL- oh I see you beat me to it.

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

wilsonofu2s.gif
wilsonofu2s.gif

wilsonofu2s.gif
wilsonofu2s.gif

In my mind i'd given MS the benefit of the doubt, oh it can't end up being as bad as all the rumours say, surely not, that would be plain silly!
How quickly I forget how silly this industry of ours can be, well I don't want to entirely write them off quite yet, at least until they actually show games but...well yeah, that was a snoozefest of an event, I spent most of it looking up the differences between Doki Doki Panic and SMB2.

Anyway i've yet to actually see gaming sides reaction to this event , off I go to high drama no doubt.

For what it's worth, I think MS will run away with the UK market once again, purely because they'll have CoD and FIFA on their side.

I've been holding this viewpoint for some time myself, of course i'd love to be wrong but lets just say I know my fair share of people shackled to that combo and I can't imagine them giving much of a damn about anything else that isn't advertised to hell and back again.

So anyway, I got beaten by Wart in SMB2 like 10 times earlier today, it was crushingly humiliating until I finally remembered how to approach that Froggy Fuck effectively, you know those situations where all you need is a 5 minute break and you come back and dismantle a problem with ease, ah sweet satisfaction to replace the growing frustration. The NES version just doesn't feel right to me anymore, I need SMA Toad's squeal of a voice.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How does this keep getting worse?
KuGsj.gif

Nocturnowl said:
So anyway, I got beaten by Wart in SMB2 like 10 times earlier today, it was crushingly humiliating until I finally remembered how to approach that Froggy Fuck effectively, you know those situations where all you need is a 5 minute break and you come back and dismantle a problem with ease, ah sweet satisfaction to replace the growing frustration. The NES version just doesn't feel right to me anymore, I need SMA Toad's squeal of a voice.
Wart is allergic to vegetables and he should never eat them unless you want to get out of Dream Land, and he has a sick boss theme.

Man, I don't know if I can not play the NES version of that game. I just prefer it. SNES version is alright, but overall, I prefer the non-All-Stars versions of those games.

Well, I'm not buying it (Xbox One) based on the information released today. Primarily because of the no used used games thing, which is a big nono for me. Reauth every day is also super not cool, even though I have internet.

Also, I like rain, except when I'm outside in it :(

What next in this series of unfortunate events

-anthrax ends up inside the packaging
-it explodes when you insert a used game
-consuming any non-PepsiCo product in front of the Kinect makes your hard drive auto-wipe
-microphone glitch causes livestreams to be activated silently by basic respiratory noises
-Don touches a bunch of kids

Wart is allergic to vegetables and he should never eat them unless you want to get out of Dream Land, and he has a sick boss theme.

Man, I don't know if I can not play the NES version of that game. I just prefer it. SNES version is alright, but overall, I prefer the non-All-Stars versions of those games.

I've always been the other way round myself, I played both the NES versions and All Star versions around the same time, so I ended up leaning towards the spiffier visuals and updated music, though in most of these cases what you play first just always feels right.
Your first point begs the question, why the hell does he keep a vegetable spewing machine in his throne room?! ah videogames, you don't have to make sense.

Hold the phone, the empty husk of modern Rare reviving one of their series? I should not get even slightly hyped for this for many many reasons but I can't help myself.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh yeah, Kinect's always going to be listening to you, right? So you can't disable voice commands?

Did I hear that right?

I've always been the other way round myself, I played both the NES versions and All Star versions around the same time, so I ended up leaning towards the spiffier visuals and updated music, though in most of these cases what you play first just always feels right.
Your first point begs the question, why the hell does he keep a vegetable spewing machine in his throne room?! ah videogames, you don't have to make sense.

Hold the phone, the empty husk of modern Rare reviving one of their series? I should not get even slightly hyped for this for many many reasons but I can't help myself.
It's more than likely Killer Instinct.

I played the NES version first, so I guess that's why I prefer it. But I don't mind playing the All-Stars version either. The Advance versions, though... no thanks. He probably keeps the veggie machine in there to remind him of his hate for all things leafy and green! He just bashes 'em around.

Between the dog pictures and the Xbox One situation getting weirder and weirder, I've been laughing a lot in the past hour.

Though it might also be the heat making me insane or something.

Oh yeah, Kinect's always going to be listening to you, right? So you can't disable voice commands?

Did I hear that right?
I think it was like, once he got the Xbox's attention by saying "Xbox, blah", he didn't have to repeat the initial "Xbox" to use another command because it came right after the first - I think there's some sort of icon or something indicating when the console's listening to you.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't like looking at it very much, but my Facebook feed seems mixed.

"New xbox stop, I just want to use a controller."

"where the fuck is my nhl on the new xbox"

"The controller's great and all, but where are the games? I don't like Sony, but at least they had the decency to show me something that isn't Call of Duty. Where the fuck is the new Fable?"

"i just use VOD now. why would i care about live cable on xbox"

"The new xboxOne looks pretty awesome. I don't know if I would buy it over the PS3 (Or maybe the new playstation system... we'll see because it looks boring), but the interactivity is pretty sick."
Heh.

ColtraineGF said:
I think it was like, once he got the Xbox's attention by saying "Xbox, blah", he didn't have to repeat the initial "Xbox" to use another command because it came right after the first - I think there's some sort of icon or something indicating when the console's listening to you.
Ah, I see. Thank you.

I'll say this as a linguist: I was always intrigued by the voice recognition software in Kinect. How it would pick apart different accents, different languages, different dialects of those languages, etc. I would imagine that Kinect would pick up what I say to it, but if someone like my mom talked to it, it wouldn't be able to pick it up at all despite her speaking English (but she speaks a completely different dialect of English that's hard for people to decipher). I have to wonder how further along they are with that tech.

Major Nelson with dat damage control lol
Not only am I lending out my game, but I'm lending out my profile!

Noi

I've always thought the Kinect was a really impressive piece of tech whose applications could be greatly used for many things. There's plenty of youtube videos of people using it for impressive stuff.

...For video games though? Naaaaaaah.

TheOGB

Banned
But then it's gotta be listening while the system is off so it can hear the "Xbox, On" command, right?

Actually (going more off topic), I wonder what the whole no-used-games thing will do for the console's chances in Japan, low as they probably were already? Seeing as how the used games market is very important there and all, might just be another reason to ignore it completely.

Or maybe MS doesn't really care about how it does over there in that aspect, so they just said "whatever" and did it anyway. Either way I hope they take another look at that policy before launch.
But then it's gotta be listening while the system is off so it can hear the "Xbox, On" command, right?
Hmm, well it's already been said to be able to operate at different power levels, so I imagine it just listens for that command when the unit is on standby. I guess you could always plug Kinect out when you turn it "off"...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I really wonder what MS is going to do about Japan and other parts of Asia. I wonder if they care, really.

I've always thought the Kinect was a really impressive piece of tech whose applications could be greatly used for many things. There's plenty of youtube videos of people using it for impressive stuff.

...For video games though? Naaaaaaah.
I remember playing Brain Age all those years ago and having to pronounce Blue and Brown awkwardly to actually get Brain Age to register them. Haha. I see that it has place in games, but I don't think people would actively want to use voice commands all the time in gameplay.

Lots of people like Dance Central, though. Though to be fair, a lot of people I know go the Just Dance route.

crazy buttocks on a train said:
xclusiv snathcup by aocompny
Ooooooh. I wonder by whom?

And now Wii U is getting EA games oh wow wtf is going on
This day is just getting weird. @_______@

Noi

Lots of people like Dance Central, though. Though to be fair, a lot of people I know go the Just Dance route.

Its only good application for games. Just look at all the kinect games that have some shoe-horned dance mode because it's the only thing that works well.

iavi

didn't the Dead Rising 3 snatchup by MS rumor come out a a couple weeks ago? The series started, and sold best on the 360, so I wouldn't be surprised--at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom