• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Did I miss something? What's going on with the AC thread?

Bloody creepy hell.

People seem obsessed with catering to the creeps. Lewd this, lewd that...I feel like strangling things.

It's an innocent looking game, keep the creepy stuff private for the love of all that is holy.

Bloody creepy hell.

People seem obsessed with catering to the creeps. Lewd this, lewd that...I feel like strangling things.

It's an innocent looking game, keep the creepy stuff private for the love of all that is holy.

...Scumbags. Hopefully stump keeps an eye on them. Fucking weirdos.

Quackula

Bloody creepy hell.

It's so annoying...and I have never even played AC before! I just don't get why they're doing it.

I think if you're a Sonic fan you kinda relinquish any right to avoid a series because of creepers in its fanbase.

It happens with p. much everything it seems. I haven't even touched any AC threads despite the fact that I plan to pick up the 3DS bundle.

Kokonoe

Banned
Not quite, that's the reason this thread exists! This is the only tame children's video game OT I've seen here, and I remember everything. Everything.

Although to be honest, I've seen worse stuff with my time in Pokemon communities than with Sonic communities which says a lot. However, when I went to that one Regional last year everyone was nice and didn't seem crazy. I guess it's just the internet.

-edit-

If anyone is getting a Mayflash Gamecube to PC adapter, expect it to only work well with emulators since the dead zone is like impossible to setup in games without em and you move entirely in one direction.

Luckily it works perfect in Dolphin.

Had a pretty shitty week, but tried to stay on the bright side, and for that optimism, today I was rewarded with a JP 3DS that decided to stop working, and both my backup netbook and cellphone being out of commission. At this point, I'm fully expecting to not get into the job training program I applied for, just to keep things consistent.

...Sorry, just needed to vent a little.

Sucks about missing E3, Coldman :/

Had a pretty shitty week, but tried to stay on the bright side, and for that optimism, today I was rewarded with a JP 3DS that decided to stop working, and both my backup netbook and cellphone being out of commission. At this point, I'm fully expecting to not get into the job training program I applied for, just to keep things consistent.

Eh, worse things have happened. Sorry to hear about your week, like.

BlackJace

Good fortune will come your way. Keep your head up and don't try to beat yourself up.

I think if you're a Sonic fan you kinda relinquish any right to avoid a series because of creepers in its fanbase.

It happens with p. much everything it seems. I haven't even touched any AC threads despite the fact that I plan to pick up the 3DS bundle.

Pffft, I was a Sonic fan waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before the creepiness kicked in, I'm still going to call a spade a spade.

Edit:

Take care Seven Force

And in Sonic Generations 3DS, you unlock new missions via either using 5 play coins, streetpassing people, play some stages x amount of times (apparently), do stages in time attack, etc. Using the play coins was the best thing to do at the time because barely anyone had a 3DS around here. Recall that I got the game the day it came out, you see. Haha. The missions serve as a bulk of the game as the main game itself is very short.
I live near downtown Minneapolis so I get a decent amount of streetpasses, I'm pretty sure I've only gotten one for Generations. It doesn't seem to be a very popular game.

qq more

Sonic fans weren't creepy from the start though.

Aw, sorry to hear that. :/ I wish you good luck on getting the job.

qq more

Even then it still took years for me to find anything.

I only met one creepy Rouge the Bat fan in a forum I used to moderate at.

No one liked him and it got to the point everyone got sick of him and I was happily able to permban him for good. Never heard from him ever again :) But I'm baffled that the higher ups let him stay there for as long as he did. He was completely terrible from the start for many reasons.

I think that's the only interaction I ever had with a creepy Sonic fan and I hope it'll be the only one.
Unless RocKXLight is one of them considering he very recently said Sonic 06 should keep the Sonic X Elise romance plot

I found things pretty much immediately.

>_>

But whatever.

I for years, had a policy of not involving myself with any of the fan communities and just enjoying the games as is. I think it's served me well.

EDIT: I almost tempted just to let them corrupt the AC thread so bad, the mods have no choice but to lock it and then keep them under a close eye once the game comes out.

Unless RocKXLight is one of them considering he very recently said Sonic 06 should keep the Sonic X Elise romance plot

C'mon man that plot was deliciously twisted. lol It's pretty much the only reason I like it, because everyone else hates/can't wrap their mind around it.

But I just popped in because I wanted someone to discuss Unleashed and Generations with. I've been playing through the two again for the past couple of days, and I'm actually starting to like Sonic Unleashed more because of the controls and gameplay, also you actually have to put in work to score high in the ranking system.

I like Generations huge overwhelming stages, but the ranking system really doesn't encourage me to master them, and some mechanics like Light Dash and Wall Jump just aren't that good to me as they were in Unleashed.

I just want to know if anyone possibly felt the same.

qq more

Nope nope. No one here is going to defend that scene. Not in this thread. NOPE, NOT ALLOWING THIS. *crosses arms*

Anyways, I definitely agree the ranking system in Generations is way too laxed. I can get a S-Rank without much effort in half of the levels. And I sort of like the rail switching controls being mapped to the L/R buttons in Unleashed... kind of odd this wasn't in Generations. Only thing I didn't like about Unleashed's controls was how Jump and Homing Attack were separate buttons, it kind of messes with me after playing the other games.

Overall I like Generations more because the level design feels so much more refined. Unleashed's Day stages are great for sure though.

I'm slightly turned off AC because of the pervs running the asylum there...=P

Yeah, I went into the OT just wanting to express my desire to get the game, and I see images of "Lewd Leaf". Needless to say I left the topic pretty quick.

I won't let some pervs ruin my enjoyment of what is sure to be a fun game, however.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
He's applied for an account, right?
Do you think he listens to me? I've told him to see if he can grab another ISP e-mail in the future, but I don't think he's gonna do it. I really want him to, though. I'm tired of him being left out. Both him and Culver, at that.

I think Culver should also think about re-applying. If he's been waiting for more than a year, I think that might be rather lengthy since people have been getting approved more often as of late. It's not like two years ago anymore where qq, Beef, Seven Force, etc. and I were waiting for a year to be approved. People are being approved in a matter of months now, and it's more frequent than per annum like it used to be.

she's not even interested in the new animal crossing game

how can she even look herself in the mirror at this point is beyond me :(
I played the first one! It's just not a genre for me.

Aw, that sucks. If you need the Giant Bomb E3 bombcasts, and if they put them up quick, I could message them to you if you want. That's a real bummer, though, since you don't want to be spoiled for that. :(

That's really shitty. Man, it's like a deluge. I think you should hold your head high, though. And again, good luck for the job training program. I'm sure you did well, regardless of all the crap that's going on. Sometimes, you've just gotta cry it out. take a breath and do something else, or put your energy into something else so you can get rid of your frustration. That's not fair to you, though. I'm sorry. But things will get better. Don't beat yourself up, okay? *hugs*

I haven't had much of a good week either because it was... argumentative, to say the least. And the other day, I got into a fight with a good friend of mine over effing nothing and that really tore me apart until we apologized and made up for our argument last night with some mellow tunes. I hate being mad over stupid stuff like that, especially when it's with someone I'm close to.

Nope nope. No one here is going to defend that scene. Not in this thread. NOPE, NOT ALLOWING THIS. *crosses arms*

lmao too late. It was the only thing I could salvage from the shit fest was the narrative. Seeing Sonic and Elise rolling in that HD grass was amazin', when they looked at each other, I looked back at the camera like it was a Disney romance scene filled to the brim with inuendo.

tumblr_lx6tic5sFo1r9x0sdo1_400.gif

It was so wrong.... but it was so right....

Especially after Mephiles straight death beamed his ass DBZ-Freiza style.

Anyways, I definitely agree the ranking system in Generations is way too laxed. I can get a S-Rank without much effort in half of the levels. And I sort of like the rail switching controls being mapped to the L/R buttons in Unleashed... kind of odd this wasn't in Generations. Only thing I didn't like about Unleashed's controls was how Jump and Homing Attack were separate buttons, it kind of messes with me after playing the other games.

Overall I like Generations more because the level design feels so much more refined. Unleashed's Day stages are great for sure though.

Yeah, I actually started to prefer the homing attack on X before Generations then it was back to same ol', and I did perfer L & R grinding.

But when I play Chemical Plant Zone, and take the left tube path to the orange rings and get to the super strict prompt for Light Dash, it always reminds me why I prefer Unleashed. Freedom to Dash over any set of rings at any time, like the good ol SA2 days. That and revisiting it is really making me appreciate the Hubs, Level Design and visuals a lot more. Even as Werehog.

It feels so calm and mellow, a well made setting.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm going to put my foot down and say that no one appreciated that scene either. Not in this thread.

Sorry. It's not something that I'm willing to discuss, particularly because the majority of people in this thread aren't really for the nonsense that was in Sonic 06 to begin with.

I'm going to put my foot down and say that no one appreciated that scene either. Not in this thread.

Sorry. It's not something that I'm willing to discuss, particularly because the majority of people in this thread aren't really for the nonsense that was in Sonic 06 to begin with.

I suppose I understand. It never really bothered me back then beause I never took it seriously. Despite the fact that it was questionable anyway, and then they hit the almighty reset button at the end. But what was the purpose of having to choose between Amy and Elise anyway?

Got a new iPod Touch. Lots of cool games on there. Ridiculous Fishing, Super Hexagon and Rayman are my favourites so far. Really looking forward to the upcoming Phoenix Wright Trilogy release. :D

Do you think he listens to me? I've told him to see if he can grab another ISP e-mail in the future, but I don't think he's gonna do it. I really want him to, though. I'm tired of him being left out. Both him and Culver, at that.

I think Culver should also think about re-applying. If he's been waiting for more than a year, I think that might be rather lengthy since people have been getting approved more often as of late. It's not like two years ago anymore where qq, Beef, Seven Force, etc. and I were waiting for a year to be approved. People are being approved in a matter of months now, and it's more frequent than per annum like it used to be.

Hell, I got in before you, and that was a 3 month wait IIRC. They should just re-apply.

As for E3, yeah, I just want conference links. No way I'll catch anything live really- Sony's is at 2am, anyway. If any of you find any YouTube links or anything on Gamespot or anything, a PM would be very much appreciated.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm impressed by all of these lists! It looks like I have some catching up to do...

Yes! I played that game intensely for like a year. I would always start out maps with elaborate plans and grand intentions before eventually just brute forcing my way through things by impulsively hiring dozens of workers and plopping things down wherever I could find space.
Now you guys make me wanna revise my list because I didn't add explanations to mine! I should, anyway. Wall of text coming up soon (because I know Nocturnowl missed that). Bean, Noi, and Seven Force showed me up last night. I've gotta reclaim my throne and crown.

And yessss, that's what I did too! Put things everywhere and hire everyone. (Sometimes I never knew what I was doing but it worked out in the end. It was just so addictive.)

For all the hype around GGXrd's models, usual arcsys BGs are in full effect. the UE isn't helping all that ugly.
Oh yeah, totally. I dunno why they never take any notes from other fighters. I love how GGXrd's models look, but then I look at the BGs and I have to wonder why they haven't taken a page out of SNK's wonderful playbook.

Because shit:

BKc9NTy.gif

y7alXdB.gif

SNK, pls.

This thread is going places I'm not sure I want to go
Hence why I put my foot down often. I do not want people to feel discomfort for going into bits that they do not want to go, especially based on their past experiences on GAF and other fora (like you guys seem to be talking about above?). I'm sorry about that, Arc. If you kinda want to discuss it, it should go into the Sonic Lost World thread. But gameplay discussion is totally fine here.

Got a new iPod Touch. Lots of cool games on there. Ridiculous Fishing, Super Hexagon and Rayman are my favourites so far. Really looking forward to the upcoming Phoenix Wright Trilogy release. :D

Hell, I got in before you, and that was a 3 month wait IIRC. They should just re-apply.

As for E3, yeah, I just want conference links. No way I'll catch anything live really- Sony's is at 2am, anyway. If any of you find any YouTube links or anything on Gamespot or anything, a PM would be very much appreciated.
Yup. They should. And I know they're gonna read this, so re-apply, guys!

How's Rayman and Super Hexagon? I know Stump really liked Super Hexagon, but I'm not sure what Rayman's like.

And sure, no problem. If there's an On the Spot with some GB guys, I'll tell you about those too. I usually watch those anyway (because I want the stupid GameSpot badges).

Rayman is notable just for how fucking good it looks- it looks spot on with Legends. I know the Ubi Art engine is designed to be super flexible, but it's an incredible looking game, and seeing that on a little screen is awesome. I bet it looks astounding on an iPad. As for how it plays, it's Legends if Rayman ran by himself. The challenge still comes from grabbing all the Lums, and it controls fairly well. That said, I'm only one world in (don't want to rush it, of course, it's only got 5 worlds each with 10 levels), and the second world introduces the hover which seems a bit unintuitive. Far from an endless runner, anyway- there's proper level design here, and it's incredibly fun.

Super Hexagon is the fucking worst. I love it so much.

Hence why I put my foot down often. I do not want people to feel discomfort for going into bits that they do not want to go, especially based on their past experiences on GAF and other fora (like you guys seem to be talking about above?). I'm sorry about that, Arc. If you kinda want to discuss it, it should go into the Sonic Lost World thread. But gameplay discussion is totally fine here.

Nah, it's cool. I really just wanted to talk about Unleashed vs Generations anyway. I just happened to come in when qq brought up that time when me Vajeet was talking about keeping the plot to 2006 and thought it was funny so I messed with him a bit.

EDIT:

Are you guys talking about 2D Backgrounds or somethin?

Keep your chin up Seven, as far as shitty weeks go i'm there with you and by comparison my week feels pretty tame compared to that, not much else you can do but keep on going when it comes down to it, I'm going to send some positive vibes, you'll get into your program dammit just because.

Now you guys make me wanna revise my list because I didn't add explanations to mine! I should, anyway. Wall of text coming up soon (because I know Nocturnowl missed that).
Well it's always a fun read.
Lists without reasons lack that extra insight that makes listing things interesting.
That said mine was the barest of bare minimums regarding explanations.

I actually loved the KOFXII backgrounds alot. They were very detailed and the light/shadows blended in with the sprites. Along with all dat color it was amazing.

It's the only draw back to XIII I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom