• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, it's the truth. It's only slight, but WiiU can outperform the PS3 and 360.

OK, fine, but if the difference is that slight, it's insignificant, no? It's not exactly the advantage the Wii had over the Gamecube.

Point is, I don't see any reason to be surprised that this doesn't look miles better than Generations purely by default.

I read a bit more on the game from the recent IGN article (bleh).

But what I read made me feel pretty interested towards it now. Still have my doubts despite the PR game, but we'll see in the next couple of months or so. I do find the concept of

zL = Run
L = Full speed Roll

to be kinda questionable. Also the fact that Run automates the parkour. I probably would like it better if it was something like timed hops or directional inputs.

No boost makes me sad, so they better have some kinda amazing ass style/trick/score/rank system that puts DMC4 to shame. Like I want to get compliments from any sort of crazy shit I do, SA2 style.

Or else. It's 2013, I ain't taking no shit from you Sonic Team, ask Capcom. lol

Seriously. Do not fuck me on this. I never question the games until today.

Anth0ny

THPS 1 and 2 were soooooooo good

But THPS3 was god tier. I wish they kept making them like that. THPS 4 was alright but that was the beginning of the end for me. I was even amused by THPS HD. They need to bring that shit back somehow. 2 minute runs. Awesome music. 60 fps. That's all I ask for.

Random thought: Sonic Lost Worlds demo at Best Buy during E3 week? Nintendo pls

PKrockin

Being old-time Sonic fans who had fallen out of the series since SA2 until I just played Colors, my sister and I are going to marathon the rest of the series we either missed out on or haven't played since we were kids. We picked names out of a hat to decide who plays which game.

She got CD, Adventure, Heroes, Unleashed, and Generations.

I got Shadow, Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2.

FML

TheOGB

Banned
RIP in peace PKrockin
You'll be fine... after therapy?

I really only need maybe 2 more great games to come out later this year to guarantee a Wii U purchase. Gotta get dat Lost World

Sciz

Being old-time Sonic fans who had fallen out of the series since SA2 until I just played Colors, my sister and I are going to marathon the rest of the series we either missed out on or haven't played since we were kids. We picked names out of a hat to decide who plays which game.

She got CD, Adventure, Heroes, Unleashed, and Generations.

I got Shadow, Secret Rings, Black Knight, and Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2.

FML

You might need regular doses of Colors to ensure that you're still a fan after that lineup.

PKrockin

You might need regular doses of Colors to ensure that you're still a fan after that lineup.

Just a few minutes of listening to Planet Wisp will make it all better. Awesome soundtrack.

On the bright side no Sonic 06

I already suffered through that game. It was the first Sonic game I played since SA2.

She should have to play that one just to balance it out, and PKrockin gets S3&K or something.

I'll probably end up playing S3K anyway, I could beat it with my eyes closed by this point but it's so good.

Tizoc

am i a walrus

The jury's still out on whether it's Rotor or Boomer though.

Now GAF you now me to be the kooky crazy guy, but this is enough to make me go Terminator on Japan-
Scans from Famitsu unveiled a new story character. He's called Hibiki Kohaku and voiced by Mitsuhiro Ichiki. Scans shows him with the new playable character Kagura Mutsuki. Hibiki has black hair and wears a version of the NOA uniform. He looks like a girl.
Japan and their feminism, lol.

On another note, it seems Tsubaki Yayoi won the character poll for BlazBlue from a while back. Here are the results from Dustloop.

Top 10 BB characters:

1. Tsubaki Yayoi
2. Noel Vermillion
3. Hazama
4. Ragna the Bloodedge
5. Jin Kisaragi
6. Makoto Nanaya
7. Hakumen
8. Kokonoe
9. Bullet
10. Rachel Alucard.
Not too surprising, though it's kinda funny that the
character whose birthed through incest won the poll. I sincerely hope it's because they sympathize with the character and not due to some...fetish.
Then again there's Noel and her characterization would appeal to Japan.

Hang on...

Next characters in ranking are:

11. Nu-13
12. Platinum the Trinity
13. Taokaka
14. Celica A. Mercury
15. Arakune
16. Izayoi
17. Jubei
18. Bang
19. "Other"
22. Azrael.

I'll update when more new info comes out.

WHERE IS TAGER!?!?!?!?!?!?!? WHY IS AZREAL'S MANLINESS SO LOW?!!?!?
FUCK THIS WORLD!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Gonna take a break from GAF and the internet in general for a few days. I need it. Stress has resulted in a decision to re-dye my hair completely (which kind of hurts because I take so much care of my hair because I love it, but... clearly I haven't been lately), and I need to help out more at home due to certain circumstances and current issues. It's been a while since I've played a video game in-full, too, and I'm pretty annoyed with myself about that since the whole point of taking a vacation was to relax.

Various people will know where to find me if they need me, even if I won't be around all the time. Even then I don't know how often I'll check.

Started on this today. Hope the plat will reach my hands soon, since I heard it's easy. Like 2-3/10 easy. Hell, I got a trophy for getting a dang book ([新米捜査官]. 捜査手帳を受け取った). Otherwise, the trophies are Tales-esque (complete monster book, complete all recipes, win 1000 fights, 2000 kills, hook all kinds of fish, etc.).

Oh. And the Title Screen theme is doooooope. That saxophone and electric piano.

2013-05-29-0537109xut4.jpg
2013-05-29-053714v8umz.jpg

2013-05-29-053602k5uso.jpg
2013-05-29-0517371zui6.jpg

2013-05-29-035558dluhp.jpg
2013-05-29-053542dxuhl.jpg

I... kinda think it's a little short? That's the general vibe I'm getting anyway! Or maybe it's going faster because practically everything is voiced in the scenario. Well, the sooner I get this done, the sooner I can start on Tales of Innocence R.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzYB0JTpOOY

Finally some proof. This is one of those things I read about a long time ago, then had an almost impossible time finding again, and even then it was only one tiny bit of scattered text. Started to wonder if I was remembering it wrong.
I was seeing that in the tcrf thing today! I'm surprised it actually works! I'd kinda like for it to be replicated in Gens PC port, but I doubt it'd exist.

PKrockin

It's sad how a Dreamcast launch game from all the way back in 1998 can stick out in my mind as looking good because it's 60FPS and has no motion blur to turn the screen into a big smudge.

Not too surprising, though it's kinda funny that the
character whose birthed through incest won the poll. I sincerely hope it's because they sympathize with the character and not due to some...fetish.
Then again there's Noel and her characterization would appeal to Japan.
Well that's news to me! of course things got even madder after the one which I played through.
No Taokaka in the top 10? this list is worthless to me.

Gonna take a break from GAF and the internet in general for a few days. I need it. Stress has resulted in a decision to re-dye my hair completely (which kind of hurts because I take so much care of my hair because I love it, but... clearly I haven't been lately), and I need to help out more at home due to certain circumstances and current issues. It's been a while since I've played a video game in-full, too, and I'm pretty annoyed with myself about that since the whole point of taking a vacation was to relax.
I can hold the fort here, trust in me, when you return it will be The Nocturnowl thread of iron fist rule, i'll usurp you princess and that middling king of Sonic Gaf known as Professor Beef just like old times!

The brief period where my internet crapped out a few weeks back was actually a pretty nice respite from all things Gaf so there you go.

Tizoc

Well that's news to me! of course things got even madder after the one which I played through.
No Taokaka in the top 10? this list is worthless to me.

You'd think Japan would be too hard on the fanservice crazy cute neko character lol.
Maybe it's because Tao's black =V
Also, from her TVTropes bio
Her canon path reveals much of her family's history. The Yayoi family is one of the oldest members of the Duodecim - the twelve noble families who helped form the original NOL. Her house and the Kisaragi house, which Jin belongs to, have very close relations with one another. Both families are quite famous, but also infamous within the NOL. Both families have very strange ethics, which causes them to be seen disdainfully in the eyes of the other families. In the Kisaragi's case, they take in children from all around the world due to their talents, and are seen as mercenaries. In the Yayoi's case, however, they are the opposite - family is the most important thing. So important, in fact, that when children began exhibiting weaker ars magus aptitude were born, members started resorting to incest and inbreeding in the mad delusion they would get stronger. Tsubaki is not the first-born child of her family - she is the first to survive. The day she met Jin, however, was like meeting a long-lost relative to her, and the two became close friends throughout their childhood.

You'd think Japan would be too hard on the fanservice crazy cute neko character lol.
Maybe it's because Tao's black =V
Also, from her TVTropes bio
Well there we go, though while i'm not exactly well versed in her character I doubt that her dubious origins played that much of a part in her ranking but what do I know?

Random Sonic related roundup since I seem to have stumbled upon a few things that weren't Lost Worlds related over the past 24 hours.

Orioto whips up an awesome Sonic 1 piece, give it a look
Jun Senoue helps a Gaffer out with some Ska music
Oh gee whiz, our favourite hedgehog is getting a pricey figure, I remember when these guys made statues within a reasonable price range...

Village

Well there we go, though while i'm not exactly well versed in her character I doubt that her dubious origins played that much of a part in her ranking but what do I know?

Random Sonic related roundup since I seem to have stumbled upon a few things that weren't Lost Worlds related over the past 24 hours.

Orioto whips up an awesome Sonic 1 piece, give it a look
Jun Senoue helps a Gaffer out with some Ska music
Oh gee whiz, our favourite hedgehog is getting a pricey figure, I remember when these guys made statues within a reasonable price range...

* sees the last link*

I need some money...

Various people will know where to find me if they need me, even if I won't be around all the time. Even then I don't know how often I'll check.

Take care of yourself. A break from the internet is always good for productivity. (I need to do the same.)

Hello, big Sonic fan. Loving the look of Sonic: Lost World.

I heard people in the debut trailer thread talking about multiplayer. Is that just the co-op Iizuka told IGN about or is there some other style? (competitive I hope)

qq more

Take care of yourself. A break from the internet is always good for productivity. (I need to do the same.)

I heard people in the debut trailer thread talking about multiplayer. Is that just the co-op Iizuka told IGN about or is there some other style? (competitive I hope)

Competitive

AFAIK on 3DS

So, who here is ready to eat my dust? Lost World's multiplayer totally has me hyped. If it's anything like SA2:B's I'm gonna be hooked for life.

3DS has confirmed online multiplayer, but the Wii U version so far doesn't. Hope that it gets confirmed soon.

So, who here is ready to eat my dust? Lost World's multiplayer totally has me hyped. If it's anything like SA2:B's I'm gonna be hooked for life.

3DS has confirmed online multiplayer, but the Wii U version so far doesn't. Hope that it gets confirmed soon.

I actually hope the multiplayer is like SA2B + Sonic 2 with a more detailed scoring system.

Style
Time
Rings
Items
Enemies
Score

But then again, more needs to be seen to discuss style since the parkour elements will be automated when you hold run. (probably AC style.)

Kokonoe

Banned
Actually, I'm going to mimic Schala here and stay away from GAF and the IRC for 7 days. I'll make it a bet, if I fail to do so in that time I have to use a K-ON avatar not of my choosing.

-poof-

qq more

Actually, I'm going to mimic Schala here and stay away from GAF and the IRC for 7 days. I'll make it a bet, if I fail to do so in that time I have to use a K-ON avatar not of my choosing.

-poof-

oh......

I hope the break will make you feel a lot better when you return!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom