• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Really need to see the other levels they have in mind, the initial "green" zone reveals are rather bland to me.
Yup, same. I wonder how the style's gonna carry out in other stage-types. Hey, I wonder what types of stages we're going to get.

>Ruins?
>Water?
>Fire?
>Industry?

All I'm sayin is Stomp/downward dash better still be in, ya feel me.
Looking at this, seems like Sonic's going to be more agile than he was in the past.

Wii mode on Wii U is like GCN mode on Wii. It's basically functioning as the original system.
That's a bit disappointing. Bah.

I don't want to be reminded at the fact you can't even do that.
stupid Nintendo :(
Okay, this means that you're never going to beat games that even Anth0ny has beaten, then.

Disappointing.

iavi

Yup, same. I wonder how the style's gonna carry out in other stage-types. Hey, I wonder what types of stages we're going to get.

>Ruins?
>Water?
>Fire?
>Industry?

No Industrial themed levels please. Bane of the series. Sega can keep dat.

I totally want a fire/iced theme level again ala Lava reef, though. Straight Cool Edge is getting kind of tired. REAAALLLLY tired, actually.

Tirod

Sonic Team could have easily just made assets for new environments, designed some levels in the mold of the Modern levels in Generations and called it a day (Which to be fair, I probably would have been okay with), but Lost World seems to be filled with a bunch of ambition (relative to the rest of the 3D games) and forethought that to be honest, I didn't even think Sonic Team was capable of. I just hope they'll be able to follow through 100% on their vision for this game.

I hold the same opinion as you in regard to the bolded.

In regard to Sonic Team's vision, did they recently hire new staff for the title + the future, or is it the same team as the past couple of titles? Everything I'm reading from that IGN write-up just makes the game sound even more rad and different from previous games, which is why I'm wondering if there was "flipping of tea tables" or whatever that expression is that stems from Miyamoto.

Kokonoe

Banned
And people were saying the graphics weren't good.

ZtY3clc.jpg

This really needs to be in PSO2...sounds like it'd be perfect for a final dungeon.

It's actually normal level music! but Episode IV is very dangerous so it's warranted.

PSO has such good music. There's just something about them I really like the most about but I can't place my finger on what exactly it is. Maybe it's the instruments.

I think it's because it sounds like a deity literally crafted the music specifically for our dirty human ears. PSO2's falz music is pretty good, but outside of that they really could step up it's OST as although it's good enough, it's not memorable enough.

Tricktrack Part 2

qq more

Clearly Sega needs to sue Bungie, considering the Marathon trilogy is totally free now.
No. Bungie is actually SEGA.

PLOT TWIST

And people were saying the graphics weren't good.

ZtY3clc.jpg

It's actually normal level music! but Episode IV is very dangerous so it's warranted.

I think it's because it sounds like a deity literally crafted the music specifically for our dirty human ears. PSO2's falz music is pretty good, but outside of that they really could step up it's OST as although it's good enough, it's not memorable enough.

Tricktrack Part 2
That looks gorgeous. Simple yet so nice.

Also that song sounds... very familiar. Where was this song used in the game?

Kokonoe

Banned
Now picture it stretched to fit a 1080p screen :(

or downsized to fit the Wii U pad :O

It'd actually look great on the Game Pad due to the LCD monitor type screen and it being smaller.

I think I'd rather go for 720p 60 FPS since I'll be playing on the Game Pad anyways and 60 FPS is godlike.

iavi

It'd actually look great on the Game Pad due to the LCD monitor type screen and it being smaller.

I think I'd rather go for 720p 60 FPS since I'll be playing on the Game Pad anyways and 60 FPS is godlike.

Yeah, I'm super down for 60fps and Off-screen play. I've got my PC to get my graphics whoring in.

Still, I'm going to miss the mod support :(, especially after we saw how amazing it turned out with Generations.

Teknoman

I seriously hope they go with a more Sonic CD style soundtrack to go with the new meets retro look. Generations was nice, but its going to be great to hear another brand new soundtrack.

Might just have to do a 1- 3&k playthrough in honor of this.

qq more

After playing Sonic Gen on PC w/ 60fps, I really hope this game will be 60FPS as well.

If not... oh well... but it would be really nice seeing as how simplistic it looks. It's probably not too taxing on the GPU.

iavi

It's an exclusive on a system that's stronger than the 360/PS3, at 720p; I'm going to have to demand 60fps.

If not, I'm gonna start a petition.

Kokonoe

Banned
All right, I can take the Pokemon Gold bashing, I can take it when people call Sonic Adventure an abomination, I can take it when people call Mega Man 7 unplayable, but Sonic & Knuckles having a poorly designed last boss...

Someone is about to DIE.

Waiting until E3, but the preview makes me feel better since it looks like they're trying to find a medium between slow and fast segments.

Still reserving for more gameplay videos and stuff.

Let's just say I'm really excited. My most looked forward to 2013 game.

High as the Rocky Mountains

IiIiiiii~ believe in Seeeegggaaaa~~

There's nothing tooooo iiiiit~

-nervous chuckle-

Sonic Team could have easily just made assets for new environments, designed some levels in the mold of the Modern levels in Generations and called it a day (Which to be fair, I probably would have been okay with), but Lost World seems to be filled with a bunch of ambition (relative to the rest of the 3D games) and forethought that to be honest, I didn't even think Sonic Team was capable of. I just hope they'll be able to follow through 100% on their vision for this game.

I actually wanted that. New assets, a whole new world well detailed and awe inspiring. When I see chequerboard stages I always feel like I gotta take looking forward to this game with a grain of salt.

Just got home from work and goddamn this game looks fantastic. Still love Generations but it's refreshing to see them completely shake up how 3D Sonic works again. The parkour elements make complete sense for 3D Sonic, curling up into a ball's re-replaced boosting and it looks like some crazy mix of Mario Galaxy and Sonic Xtreme.

Has Blaze/Sega1991 been around lately though? Minus the whole 'multiple Sonics-standing in for Wisp powers' thing, this sounds a lot like that Sonic Dimensions rumor him/TSSZ reported on last year, right down to Nintendo's involvement.

realize the Wii U is far worse than what Nintendo should have gone with, but ports like Need for Speed and Deus Ex sort of give me hope if it's the lead system developers can get more out of it than they can with its contemporaries

qq more

All right, I can take the Pokemon Gold bashing, I can take it when people call Sonic Adventure an abomination, I can take it when people call Mega Man 7 unplayable, but Sonic & Knuckles having a poorly designed last boss...

Someone is about to DIE.

Oh no! Koko has gone...

...ah you know what I'm going to say

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Has Blaze/Sega1991 been around lately though? Minus the whole 'multiple Sonics-standing in for Wisp powers' thing, this sounds a lot like that Sonic Dimensions rumor him/TSSZ reported on last year, right down to Nintendo's involvement.
Blaze actually posted a thing on his tumblr where he agreed with my reservations about the game, but he took it down and I think it's going to go up on TSSZ since he told me he was considering it.

He did leave this up, though. lol. http://blazehedgehog.tumblr.com/post/51591912515/this-ign-preview-for-sonic-lost-world

-nervous chuckle-
Just say what you want to say in this thread because no one's going to bite your head off for saying what you told me. :p

Just say what you want to say in this thread because no one's going to bite your head off for saying what you told me. :p

lmao, I brought the sword and the shield anyways, and I love you guys.... but...

As of now, (until further details are released)

I really don't see this as the future of Sonic. I was looking forward to a true expansion after games like Unleashed and Generations, and now I see floating stages with that X-treme/Knuckles Chaotix feel with some funky mechanics. Sonic's slower than ever, and I don't see the adrenaline. The new six villains look very un-Sonic-like in design (yet colorful). The appeal that Sonic games used to have is fading in exchange for some random whimsical adventure (which I don't think is terrible, but there has to be a hint of edginess). Not only that but another Solo Sonic adventure......

Everyone is hype but I feel like they're creatively bankrupt when it comes to the franchise.

At first I thought they were trying to come up with new concepts of gameplay and wanted to master making a solid Sonic game before expanding, but it's starting to feel like "Just another Sonic Game."

Hopefully the gameplay and scoring/ranking + new mechanics will make it an even more attractive Sonic game, but for now, as a Sonic fan throughout my entire existence.... I can't say I'm hyped.

Maybe the new mechanics will create new standards in Sonic 3D (like Light Dash, Boosting, Drifting, Tricking). Getting rid of those will feel like a huge step back on progress in my opinion.

EDIT:

Holy Crap, there was something else I noticed in the Lost World trailer:
no grind rails

and Rail Grinding.... ;___;

Huh, you're right. I'm okay with that, since I never really cared for them in any of the 3D games. Always kind of seemed like a crutch for when they had no other ideas for how to pad out a level.

Your face pads out levels!

:mad:

Nah you're right, it's time they designed levels properly.

Sciz

And good riddance to rails. Boosters are lazy level design, but rails were just the designers' way of not having to do any work at all.

iavi

And good riddance to rails. Boosters are lazy level design, but rails were just the designers' way of not having to do any work at all.

Boosters are still in, though. Right there in the trailer. Still directing traffic too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom