• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Haha. It's been raining here all day, too. Real crummy. It's only gonna be sunny on Saturday. And after that, it'll rain a lot.

Tired of rain.

Siliconera preview of Lost World.

Cites really clunky controls and meh level design.
That control scheme just sounds kind of weird to me. I think I'd have to try it out myself. But yeah, agreed with the level design--but, again, I have to try it for myself.

Don't give me that!

Anyway, RPG's are looking up for me lately.
I can't wait until TGS in September for even more footage or info or something. May not be what I want in a mainline title, but it sure as hell looks kinda interesting to play because of some of the mechanics shown in that gameplay trailer.

Falcom needs to hurry up and announce Ao no Kiseki Evolution for Vita already. >:|

And uh, I guess I might have to either import a Japanese 3DS or wait for a region-lock solution for 3DS because I really want to play Dragon Quest 7. That is the only DQ game I haven't played before outside of DQ10, and I'm dismayed that nothing seems to be in the cards for it apparently. Really disappointed.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if the FFXIII series is decreasing in quality over the years, that doesn't give me much faith in FFXV! (I'd like to be wrong...)

I think the level design in Lost World looks ace, actually. I've long been a fan of alternate gravity systems, and what kinds of potential opportunities it opens up for level design - and it seems Sonic Team's making the most of it, with alternate paths opening up depending on what side of the level you choose to run down. (The control issues, though, are obvious just from watching it... I have little faith Sonic Team will fix those. Hopefully they're not so bad as to ruin the game.)

I don't mind a little rain, we could use it. It feels like you could drop a match in an open field and the whole state will go up in flames.

I get the feeling that Lost World will be an okay game, at this point i'm expecting maybe a slight step down from Colours and Generations but it will be solid enough that i'll have fun with it and it will hopefully lay some foundations for improving upon this new formula much like how Unleashed became the base for better games because the parkour system seems pretty good and has fun potential. But by all means i'd like it to prove me wrong and be better than those two games.

I'm still a tad disappointed that we didn't get one last swing at Unleashed style but with a refined approach to the rather dynamic and split path modern stages of Generations and most importantly of all involving sections of "Action Master" proportions.
Remember Action Master? what a delightful tease that mission was.

qq more

I'm still a tad disappointed that we didn't get one last swing at Unleashed style but with a refined approach to the rather dynamic and split path modern stages of Generations and most importantly of all involving sections of "Action Master" proportions.
Remember Action Master? what a delightful tease that mission was.

I just looked that up... Clearly there's a bunch of great missions I've missed out on.

I just looked that up... Clearly there's a bunch of great missions I've missed out on.
I recommend it, the bubble shield focused missions and that one board mission for Rooftop Run off the top of my head. The missions really are a mixed bag.

Maybe I'm just misremembering, but I don't remember anything particularly special about that mission...?

It required you to make use of all of Sonic's various moves in relatively rapid succession, basically it demanded more from the player and an understanding of modern Sonic's abilities that can feel underused in the main game.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
YES. Action Master! I almost forgot that I used to think, "Man, I'd love another Sonic game just like Action Master!"

God, Action Master was so good.

Sigh. Nocturnowl, I'm sad now.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if the FFXIII series is decreasing in quality over the years, that doesn't give me much faith in FFXV! (I'd like to be wrong...)
Entirely different team behind it:

Producers: Shinji Hashimoto (joined Square in 1995; producer of FF8/FF9), Yoshinori Kitase (everyone should know him by now)
Scenario Writer Kazushige Nojima (FF7/8/9/10/10-2, FNC mythology)
Character Design: Roberto Ferrari (The Last Remnant, Moon Diver, one thing on Generator Gawl, and oh man I can't believe I'm writing that show's name in 2013)
Main Programmers: Hiroshi Harata (battle program in FF7, FF8; main program in KH), Kentaro Yasui (programmer in FF7,FF8, KH1/2)
Planning Directors: Yuichi Kanemori (more KH staff - battle planning), Takayoshi Nakazato (battle planner in FF7, Director of Dirge, Crystal Tools map planning director)
Planning Director (World): Takeshi Endo (stage planning in FF7/8/9)
Planning Director (Event): Jun Akiyama (Vagrant Story, KH, FF7/12/14:ARR)
Graphic Director (Character Model): Tomohiro Kayano (FF7/8/9/10, Parasite Eve, KH)
Graphic Director (Animation): Tatsuya Kando (FF7/8/9, Parasite Eve, TWEWY)
Graphic Director (Map Model): Masahide Tanaka (FF7/FF9, KH1/2)
Graphic Director (Visual Effects): Shuichi Sato (FFX, KH1/2/CoM, FF13)
Graphic Director (System Menu): Takeshi Arakawa (KH1/2/CoM/BbS, FF8/9/10, Director of Dissidia)
Art Director (Character): Tomohiro Hasegawa (FF8/9/10/10-2, Dissidia, BbS)
Art Director (Map): Takayuki Odachi (FF7, Parasite Eve, Dissidia, FF13-2)
Movie Director: Takeshi Nozue (CG/Animation/Movie since FFIX)
Director/Concept/Character Design/Base Story: Tetsuya Nomura

...barely any of the FF13 staff are on this.

It had a bunch of platforming challenges. Although it looks kind of short but it looks like a nice direction for the Unleashed/Generations gameplay.

It required you to make use of all of Sonic's various moves in relatively rapid succession, basically it demanded more from the player and an understanding of modern Sonic's abilities that can feel underused in the main game.

Yeah, I remember now. I was getting it confused with the Classic Sonic Mission that required all of the shields.

Well that's a promising start

I'll say.

Seriously can't wait to see more of this at TGS.

tumblr_mocbesWs8E1rhik2ho1_400.gif

Even without the obvious Kaz face this is a killer .gif.

edit: oh shit

tumblr_mo8mfvLLL51r7g3qjo1_r3_500.gif

Noi

The teams behind the XIII series and the KH games/Versus are pretty different. The latter actually make good games most of the time!

Fake Edit: Booo, schala. Boooooo.

CorvoSol

Well, while I agree that the FFXIII series has been a nosedive to hell, its worth noting Square has different teams, and that the Kingdom Hearts team did XV, and that Kingdom Hearts has improved dramatically in quality lately (Birth By Sleep was pretty damn good.)

The wait is gonna be painful.

Brawl's slow speed was a killer...I only played it at a Best Buy for like a minute and that's all it took for me to realize it wasn't as good as Melee.

I'm of the camp that people can play however they like, that said back in the melee days I got pretty damn tired of some of the people I played with only using three of the many stages and playing exclusively as Fox, Falco and Captain Falcon.

Anyway, low items for me minus the recovery items, super spicy curry, mallets, Dragoon and Smash Ball.

I like to also have the bats on hand but my siblings always throw them off the stage because I rack up an impressive kill streak when I get one...=(

qq more

I like to also have the bats on hand but my siblings always throw them off the stage because I rack up an impressive kill streak when I get one...=(

I remember the first time I charged the bat item in SSB64 and did an instant kill on someone. My mind was blown. I ended up attempting it a bunch after that :lol

So fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom