• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I just woke up from a dream where I went to a Lightning Origins demo thingy and got a DLC code for costumes printed on the back of a card shaped like a P-Wing.

:/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I can't dance for beans at all, so he probably did a better job.

Ruby giving another interview about Sonic Lost World, talking about the Parkour system and camera changes. Wisp abilities are returning because they were popular in Sonic Colours and seemed to have been desired in Sonic Generations. Bringing back old ones like Laser and Drill, and bringing in new ones.

Lightning Raccoon Tail costume DLC incoming.
Don't give them ideas. The sky seems to the limit for them like it is for Tales.

Sounds like a nightmare to me.
The way I woke up certainly indicated that it was. And apparently the Lightning Returns demo gameplay was truly underwhelming, and I was right about the ATB and Schemata/whatever they want to call Paradigms/Optimae now being limiting. My rant feels vindicated.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, if they're bringing back older Wisp powerups, I wonder if they'll make additional time for more shields. Those were nice to see in Generations.

the what now
Schemata is plural for Schema in the third declension in Latin. If we were going by first declension principles, the plural would end up being schemae. But since the English descended term "schema" uses schemata as one of its accepted plurals (with the other being "schemas"), I can probably assume that they're using the third declension form. They seem to love using the Medieval / Modern Latin variants of Latin words throughout the series, anyway. At least that's what I can tell when I looked at the Latin species used in the subseries, and especially the pronunciation of the Latin words (since Medieval Latin is pronounced differently from Classical, Archaic, and some Vulgar Latin).

It's what they want to call Paradigms/Optimae now. Instead of "Outfit".

Now if they wanted to be clever, they'd use something like vestimenta or vestis (as a menu option, probably) or vestio ("I dress; I clothe; I adorn"--and if you know Italian, yes, that is where the verb vestire came from). But nooooo.

Well, if they're bringing back older Wisp powerups, I wonder if they'll make additional time for more shields. Those were nice to see in Generations.

Schemata is plural for Schema in the third declension in Latin. If we were going by first declension principles, the plural would end up being schemae. But since the English descended term "schema" uses schemata as one of its accepted plurals (with the other being "schemas"), I can probably assume that they're using the third declension form. They seem to love using the Medieval / Modern Latin variants of Latin words throughout the series, anyway. At least that's what I can tell when I looked at the Latin species used in the subseries, and especially the pronunciation of the Latin words (since Medieval Latin is pronounced differently from Classical, Archaic, and some Vulgar Latin).

It's what they want to call Paradigms/Optimae now. Instead of "Outfit".

Now if they wanted to be clever, they'd use something like vestimenta or vestis (as a menu option, probably) or vestio ("I dress; I clothe; I adorn"--and if you know Italian, yes, that is where the verb vestire came from). But nooooo.

Huh. You learn something new every day.

Just one more game of this nonsense and it'll hopefully all be over

TheOGB

Banned
hahaha
Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine eShop description said:
Look, it was the 90s, and matching contortionist strings of goo-beans was just something that we did back then. It’s hard to explain if you weren’t there, but this game is a window into the culture of my people.

Oh! Also it is basically a Puyo Puyo game, which is to say exactly a Puyo Puyo game, but remade with a Sonic theme, because again, it was the 90s, and that’s how we rolled.

One neat thing about the Game Gear versions of Genesis titles is they often had something unique going for them – in this case, a “Puzzle Mode” that didn’t appear in its 16-bit cousin. Nineties! Yeah!

GAMERG0D

Didn't see it mentioned here (I think) but Lost World comes out October 13th, the day after Pokemon and the same month as WW HD. My poor wallet.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Give that PR guy a raise. That's excellent and accurate.

Didn't see it mentioned here (I think) but Lost World comes out October 13th, the day after Pokemon and the same month as WW HD. My poor wallet.
That was an error on the PR sheet, and the game is scheduled for Holiday 2013 still. I would gather that it might be in November, but I'd love for it to be a little earlier.

Randomly funny reviews are the best

wendys-google-map-listing.jpg

I used to have a Gold rod in both the GC game and Wild World, also had my Golden Net, Golden Watering Can, Golden Slingshot, Golden Axe, Solid Gold House and my Rocket Car...okay I made those last two up.

But I certainly toiled away for both the the rod and net, I doubt i'd ever get either again which in turn makes that Silver Rod pique my curiosity, speaking of AC my copy just finished downloading, yippers!

Kokonoe

Banned
I used to have a Gold rod in both the GC game and Wild World, also had my Golden Net, Golden Watering Can, Golden Slingshot, Golden Axe, Solid Gold House and my Rocket Car...okay I made those last two up.

But I certainly toiled away for both the the rod and net, I doubt i'd ever get either again which in turn makes that Silver Rod pique my curiosity, speaking of AC my copy just finished downloading, yippers!

Getting the silver rod is not so bad except for the part where it requires you to spend like 190,000 bells to get the museum expansion, donate at least one item to each exhibit in the museum (the hard part requring Crazy Redd who can scam you on artworks), talking to Blathers 14 different days so you can flag the part where you can create the Museum Shop in Public Works.

If it was just what it's required to get the rod, catching 30 fish, not so bad, but all that other stuff is a nice fun Cactuar saddle while riding a Chocobo making you scream the loudest Moogle words the world has ever heard.

and my Rocket Car...

Me too!

ibdS8LikiAweUf.JPG
iAowoOOu15ntC.JPG

(really, though, this is awesome)

Getting the silver rod is not so bad except for the part where it requires you to spend like 190,000 bells to get the museum expansion, donate at least one item to each exhibit in the museum (the hard part requring Crazy Redd who can scam you on artworks), talking to Blathers 14 different days so you can flag the part where you can create the Museum Shop in Public Works.

If it was just what it's required to get the rod, catching 30 fish, not so bad, but all that other stuff is a nice fun Cactuar saddle while riding a Chocobo making you scream the loudest Moogle words the world has ever heard.
I think I understand, well until the Final Fantasy jargon, well not the usual FF jargon of faux Latin but you get the idea.

Me and Blathers are bros, 14 days nights is no sweat.

Me too!

http://i.minus.com/ibdS8LikiAweUf.JPG[IMG][IMG]http://i.minus.com/iAowoOOu15ntC.JPG[IMG]

(really, though, this is awesome)[/QUOTE]
Sweet, it's almost as awesome as the Metroid tank, almost.

Animal Crossing agrees with me on the whole soccer vs football debate:

HNI_0010.JPG
HNI_0011.JPG

So... What happens if you plant a perfect fruit?

It grows into a tree that gives nothing but perfect fruit. Apparently after you pick the fruit a few times the tree stops bearing fruit period, though. I planted a perfect cherry and got a perfect cherry tree, so then I planted the three perfect cherries I got from it to get three more perfect cherry trees.

Reeeaaaally need to get an axe, though. I want to clear out some trees to make room for more fruit, paths, etc.

(really, though, this is awesome)

Whaaaat, I want F-Zero! :( Also Majora's Mask, but that's neither here nor there. I did get an awesome Mario pipe today, though.

Me and Blathers are bros, 14 days nights is no sweat.

You got New Leaf, too? Do you want to trade FCs? That goes for you, too, Kokonoe (I sent you a PM about that but I dunno if you saw it or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom