• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got New Leaf, too? Do you want to trade FCs? That goes for you, too, Kokonoe (I sent you a PM about that but I dunno if you saw it or not).
I should probably note that i'm not really one who's often up for the online stuff and all that, plus timezone differences I gather (you're clearly on the side of the term Soccer, you can't be no Brit!)
But if that doesn't bother you then shoot me a PM.

He's a true gem that eclipsed the rest.

qq more

I bet you guys wish you had a silver fishing rod.

iqbi0BgHAGqMP.JPG
iEEx7PvB9wtIn.JPG
Get a golden fishing rod so you can say you have a golden rod. It would be very fitting for Johto!

By the way, when are you able to change your hair?

It grows into a tree that gives nothing but perfect fruit. Apparently after you pick the fruit a few times the tree stops bearing fruit period, though. I planted a perfect cherry and got a perfect cherry tree, so then I planted the three perfect cherries I got from it to get three more perfect cherry trees.

I'll try that, thanks!

Think I'm going to write up a Top 5 of my favourite games I've seen at E3, from my thousands-of-miles-away-from-the-actual-show armchair previewer perspective. There's a lot of cool shit that's been shown off and I want to give certain games their due. Gonna post it in here, like, seeing as the actual GOTS thread is a bit, well, shit.

Any other tome writers are free to join in. ;P

So that's what the perfect fruits are about, I found a perfect apple shortly after starting up and planted it anyway.

Oh and i'll chip in to the top 5 tome or whatever, you guys will never guess my number 1, not ever.

Think I'm going to write up a Top 5 of my favourite games I've seen at E3, from my thousands-of-miles-away-from-the-actual-show armchair previewer perspective. There's a lot of cool shit that's been shown off and I want to give certain games their due. Gonna post it in here, like, seeing as the actual GOTS thread is a bit, well, shit.

I can dig that.

I should probably note that i'm not really one who's often up for the online stuff and all that, plus timezone differences I gather (you're clearly on the side of the term Soccer, you can't be no Brit!)
But if that doesn't bother you then shoot me a PM.

I'm not the biggest for online, either, but for a game like Animal Crossing it can be fun to change things up every now and then. Besides that I got Coldman's FC after I throttled him by asking politely.

You post first, so I know how much longer mine will have to be

I'm not the biggest for online, either, but for a game like Animal Crossing it can be fun to change things up every now and then. Besides that I got Coldman's FC after I throttled him by asking politely.

The contract is sealed.

In other news I just lost my top 5 post I was making, fiddlesticks, well it had barely taken off anyway, plus I don't really have that much to say about games I can only see and not play.
May be a while before I get back to it.

Yea, Coldy should go first.

The contract is sealed.

In other news I just lost my top 5 post I was making, fiddlesticks, well it had barely taken off anyway, plus I don't really have that much to say about games I can only see and not play.
May be a while before I get back to it.

...which is why I'm typing it in Notepad.

EDIT: Also, mine isn't a "Top 5" moreso "Favoruite 5". I'm not good with "Top" lists.

BlackJace

Yeah why not.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

You go ahead first. I was going to propose doing something like this last night and then I felt super-tired and didn't carry it out. So, great minds think alike! Go for it, Coldman.

I do have a draft I'm in the middle of writing, and I'd love to post it in here.

qq more

I think I'm going to write very detailed thoughts on the E3 games I'm looking forward to as well.

You'll see the smart side of me :O

NEO0MJ

I guess this is the best place to ask. I'm planning on buying Sonic Generations. unfortunately I don't have a good PC, only a PS3. I was wondering if the PS3 version is worth buying. I played the demo a couple of years ago and it was pretty choppy, did they improve it in the game? Is it even 60 FPS?

qq more

I guess this is the best place to ask. I'm planning on buying Sonic Generations. unfortunately I don't have a good PC, only a PS3. I was wondering if the PS3 version is worth buying. I played the demo a couple of years ago and it was pretty choppy, did they improve it in the game? Is it even 60 FPS?

All console versions of Generations are 30FPS. Only the PC version is 60FPS. The frame-rate is pretty consistent (as in rarely dips) in both the PS3/360 versions if I'm not mistaken though.

You go ahead first. I was going to propose doing something like this last night and then I felt super-tired and didn't carry it out. So, great minds think alike! Go for it, Coldman.

I do have a draft I'm in the middle of writing, and I'd love to post it in here.

I think I'm going to write very detailed thoughts on the E3 games I'm looking forward to as well.

You'll see the smart side of me :O

I could probably write something, but then it would probably degenerate into a rant about how I hate Microsoft and Capcom and how Sony's conference blew my mind. Then it would end with me saying how I'll end up getting a Wii U first.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I felt like the framerate in the PS3 version was a little better than the demo's framerate, but you'll still get dips here and there particularly in watery areas. For the most part, though, when I was getting severely nauseous with the demos because of the framerate, the final version wasn't as bad.

It's not 60 fps; like qq said, that's only reserved for the PC version. If it's the only version that you can access, and if you can find it at a reasonable price, bite the bullet. It was the version I played, and I had a decent time with it. Framerate dips are noticeable when you're in heavy water areas like Chemical Plant, though.

I could probably write something, but then it would probably degenerate into a rant about how I hate Microsoft and Capcom and how Sony's conference blew my mind. Then it would end with me saying how I'll end up getting a Wii U first.
I haven't read a coherent rant from you yet, so go for it. Hahaha.

I will be doing no such thing. :D

#teamterse
You can totally be terse, too.

There were a lot of good games at E3 this year, narrowing it all down to 5 was tough but I've gone and written up a little something for 5 games at least, but if you were expecting actual analysis and stuff then well i've gone for a different approach, after all it's hard to truly put a game under the magnifying glass until you've actually played it.
This list isn't so much my outright favourite 5 E3 games as it's 5 games i'm looking forward to that happened to be at E3 in some capacity.

So without further ado, here's 5 games that were at E3 that Nocturnowl is hyped for...in RHYMING FORM! I'm dropping the tomes tonight for a book of poems.
(note: actual rhymes may not be perfect, some may also seem crude but it's all in good fun)

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies
A download only title it may unfortunately be
But I’ll willingly suffer Nintendo’s draconian account policy
Just to spend another game in court
Pointing my finger with sidekick support
The jump to 3D has gone off without a hitch
I’m not even sad about those sprites we’ve had to ditch
At least with no box Capcom’s typos are in the clear?
But with all the in game text “the miracle never happen” I fear

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2
A long trailer was shown with cutscenes galore
They keep holding out on gameplay, oh what a bore
Yet from the little snippets of action I sighted
It looks like an improvement so I’ll get excited
While the first game was a bit of a mess
With clumsy titans and Vampire Chess
There were the makings of a good game at its heart
With visual design like a work of art
The sequel will hopefully iron things out
And leave me with a game I’m gladly tout

The Wonderful 101
A year ago it was revealed and people did joke
About the graphical quality of that one NPC bloke
Some feared that surely Kamiya was not working on this?!
Yet here we are now and the game looks like bliss
Characters form together to make giant fists, whips and swords
These abilities used to take down the enemy hordes
It’s got the makings of yet another Platinum hit
If Wii U owners don’t buy it I’ll ask them “do you eat shit?”

Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U
This hype train left the station around two years ago
We’ve had enough fuel to keep it going though
But at long last the first stop was in sight
On the way every newcomer was analysed no matter how slight
We all thought we were ahead of the curve
Yet Sakurai still delivered a swerve
We finally arrived at the first stop on the line
Wii Fit Trainer?! our character lists need a redesign…

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
While a lot of Gaf groaned I smiled with glee
It was the return of the return of Donkey Kong Country
Some say Retro’s talents are wasted on this
To them I say my arse you can kiss
Retro saw my wishlist and followed it through
Dixie and Dave Wise?! My hype levels grew
In a year full of platformers it may be the greatest of all
I’ll be having fun with it while all the whiners still bawl

There's lots more games that i'm pumped for be it Bayonetta 2, Dark Souls 2, Rayman Legends, Sonic Lost World, Killer is Dead, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart/3D World and so on, maybe Puppeteer and both Batman variations as well but they're being approached with more cautious optimism.
Then there's barely announced titles like Fez 2 and Hotline Miami 2 that have like no information yet i'm also looking forward to.
And I haven't even touched upon other big names like FF and MGS, basically there's a ton of good looking games out there.

A Link Between Worlds

Nintendo are always good at mining their banks of beloved worlds and historic titles for a nostalgic shot-in-the-arm of a new title. Sometimes they come on a little strong, however, and "ALttP2" looked like one of those games at first. However, since it gained its rather cool name, the first 3DS Zelda suddenly seems a lot more promising. Far less of a nudge and a wink to SNES fans, it genuinely seems like a return trip to the world of 16-bit Hyrule... just by way of 3D instead. The gameplay appears to match the inventiveness of Spirit Tracks (it had good dungeons, damn it) with, well, ALttP, and the exciting use of 3D and the surprisingly speedy puzzle solving adds to a game that probably shouldn't excite me so much, but damn it, it just looks like they're firing on all cylinders with a portable Zelda again. It's been so long.

DHduHOa.png

Oh, the music is gorgeous too. Hype-O-Meter sez: 8/10.

----------------------------------

Titanfall

I've always secretly admired CoD from a philosophical point of view. It's pretty clear that the aim of Infinity Ward with the modern FPS multiplayer they introduced in CoD4 was to give players a snappy, accessible, instantly gratifying shooter that was fun with friends or going solo against the world. Problem is, the series fell almost immediately to excess, a focus on single-player spectacle without capitalising on the mechanics put to work in the multiplayer, and a player base that just sucked. I expected the Infinity Ward runaways to make up for that. What I didn't expect, and what I DEFINITELY admire, was that the newly christened Respawn have moved on from the FPS staples by way of two of my favourite things in games- parkour, and big ass mechs. Giving you a giant fuck-off robot suit to work towards breathes new life into the idea of what a "perk" or "killstreak" can be, and their refusal to adhere to the cliched, slow-moving tank-esque mech design featured in many Western games is both refreshing and vital to not completely bore the shit out of me. Throw in some wall-running that takes the already fairly lithe CoD soldier and makes him dangerously nimble to the point of actually being able to take on a mech, and damn son, you've just described the most exciting FPS experience I could ever imagine a big publisher throwing money out.

fZ9kCq4.png

The only downside is it's not coming to PS4 yet. Hype-O-Meter: 7/10.

The Phantom Pain

I don't give a fuck about Kaz, but I'm already in love with Skull Face. Kojima can throw drama, A-list voice actors, drop-dead gorgeous visuals, the promise of exciting narrative themes and the prospect of bringing this insane canon full circle at me all he wants, but I'm here for the stealth horse, the improved CQC, the ridiculous cast of side characters... I'm here for you, you magnificient bastard. I really do want to see more of the gameplay first, but Kojima is essentially saying here "here's your MGS3 sequel, hope you like it", and both the focus on brand-new types of MGS gameplay (Open-world! Horses!) and a narrative that doesn't seem like it's going to be checking the boxes so much intrigues the ever-loving shit out of me.

62Ow18J.png

Kiefer sounds pretty good to boot. I'll reserve full judgement until I hear him say "tasty". Hype-O-Meter: 9/10.

Second Son

Ohhhh, so THAT'S what Second Son refers to. "inFamous 3" would have been just fine, if not an immediate get, but their break from the past looks like it's working a charm, with an likeable enough new protagonist and his seemingly beleagured older brother being brought in to replace Cole and co. The dialogue so far has all been smart and snappy, and not enough games dig into the relationships between siblings, so I'm glad Sucker Punch are trying something different here. It'd be good enough just to have the story no longer holding down the series, but everything else appears to have undergone a huge makeover too- the fantastic graphics, with the vibrant Seattle environments, plus neat destruction effects are very, very welcome after two games with super grey war-torn cities. Oh, and the gameplay looks better too- a refinement on iF2, sure, but the new smoke powers- in particular using vents like pipes in Mario or something- adds to the traversal possibilities in combat scenarios. Again, it just looks like a buttload of fun.

7cyMRK7.png

Less Nirvana covers, though, please. Hype-O-Meter: 8/10.

XV

YO, SON, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT FINAL FANTASY. The few games I've tried in the series have either gone straight over my head, or they were XIII. But XV is different. I flipped the fuck out about this when I watched the Sony Conference- part of that was the
Duke Nukem Forever effect, part of that was being right about the re-naming, but mostly it was a) how stunningly beautiful this looks and b) how damn fun it looks. All of Noctis's powers are exactly what I want to have- a protagonist running around an Uncharted-esque game bare-handed, summoning swords Psylocke-style and teleporting on top of fools like 50 feet up the side of a cathedral. The gameplay trailer reinforced how much of a blast the combat looks, with brilliant team moves and all sorts of madness. The scale is incredible- not just when Noctis is lodging his sword into airships or collapsing monuments, but in standard combat, with swarms of enemy soldiers accompanied by huge monsters. It genuinely feels like
your party is in some deep shit- like the whole world is coming after you. Hopefully the scale maintains, because scenes like Noctis rising up out of the water to see the Leviathan roaring in the distance are just mind-blowing.

Vnlp9Y0.png

The plot sounds like more of a good old-fashioned romp than I was expecting, too. Somehow. Fingers crossed the game keeps its head out of its arse. Hype-O-Meter: 9/10.

Noi

I thought it was really cool that Super Punch essentially looked at the trophy count for IF2 to determine the plot for 3. "More people went for the ending where
Cole dies
, so we made that canon." Plus the confirmation that the new MC actually takes powers from other people, so we'll likely get a full assortment of stuff to play with instead of being limited to just electricity and ice or fire like in IF2.

I actually haven't paid much attention to E3 outside of the MS/Sony conferences and Nintendo's Direct, other than watching previews for games I already had an interest in beforehand.

I did notice a lot of people in that "worst game of E3" topic citing Knack. I can't say as I agree - the videos I've watched look pretty fun. A lot like a game you'd get during the PS1/PS2 era. True, the combat's a bit basic, but I'll reserve holding that against it until I've tried it for myself; some legitimately great games have been built around absurdly basic combat systems, anyway.

Other than that game, though, I'm not exactly falling over myself for the PS4... Like, no question in my mind that Sony both won E3 2013 and won their spot as my non-Nintendo/PC console, between them and Microsoft... but FFXV and KH3 are gonna be ages off, inFAMOUS doesn't do much for me (although nice to see Col. Mustang Knuckles Travis Willingham getting more work), Killzone definitely does nothing for me (it's not really the kind of FPS I'm looking for), I've never been much of a MGS fan (I'm not good at stealth)... I dunno. I figure if I wait a couple of months, most of the notable flaws with the system that Sony's deliberately glossing over can come to light, or kinks in the system can be ironed out.

Non sequitur, but why is there an Assassin's Creed character in that FFXV promo image?

NEO0MJ

All console versions of Generations are 30FPS. Only the PC version is 60FPS. The frame-rate is pretty consistent (as in rarely dips) in both the PS3/360 versions if I'm not mistaken though.

I felt like the framerate in the PS3 version was a little better than the demo's framerate, but you'll still get dips here and there particularly in watery areas. For the most part, though, when I was getting severely nauseous with the demos because of the framerate, the final version wasn't as bad.

Had a feeling it was 30, but was hoping I was wrong. Oh well, but thanks anyways. Might wait and see if I pick up a new PC, the idea has been floating in my head a lot these days.

Final Fantasy XV

Going into this E3, I had pretty low hopes for Square Enix. I haven't enjoyed a home console Final Fantasy game from them since Final Fantasy X (That was nearly 12 years ago. Insane how time flies!). It was pretty obvious Versus was going to be revealed/rebranded, but even then, I didn't have hope for anything of substance to show up aside from a huge CG trailer with maybe 20 seconds of gameplay, like pretty much every other previous trailer for the game. But man. I wasn't prepared for this at all. First off, I'm actually genuinely interested in the world and characters. (Former, moreso than the latter) The "Fantasy based on Reality" idea behind the game is always the main thing that's kept my interest. It looks realistic, yet distinctly Final Fantasy. I love that there's seemingly a character party with meaningful interactions during combat. And the scale, man. Damn. It's a little too early to say anything definite, but it really looks like a world that might be enjoyable to explore, assuming they stick to their guns regarding the open world aspects. I'm digging the character designs, too. Nothing really spectacular, but pretty great compared to the last few Final Fantasy offerings. There's nothing that's stuck out to me as really dumb or anything. (So far.)

The combat mechanics interest me the most, though. There's potential with the on the fly weapon switching (I hope to hear more about this soon!), and the teleporting mechanics seem neat, too. I'm curious as to how much control you'll get over the latter, though. At this point, my only concern are the amount of scripted events in the game. As cool as they look, I hope that they don't go too overboard with them (This is the team responsible for Kingdom Hearts II, after all), and that the control of the game is in the player's hands most of the time. I really, really hope the platform switch to PS4 lets the team realize their ambitions fully, because this is the most excited I've been for a Square Enix game (Or a game in general, really) for a long, long time. I'm definitely left wanting to learn more (especially in regards to the combat mechanics) about the game.

Good stuff, Square-Enix. You have my undivided attention now.

Super Mario 3D World

Probably sacrilege, but I'll say it: I'm glad this is coming out over another Galaxy game. I like 3D Mario games, but I'm not sure what it was about them that never compelled me to finish them. Every time I play Mario 64, I get to about 45 or so stars before I just tire of the game. I can never manage to get past the first hour of Sunshine. I've been on Freezeflame Galaxy in Galaxy one for the past few months because I just can't work up the motivation to go back to it. 3D Land's the first 3D Mario game that hooked me from the get go, probably because it's the 3D Mario game I always wanted as a kid. I remember always wanting a 3D Mario game where instead of the huge sprawling worlds on 64, we got shorter, tighter levels in the vein of SMB3 or World. 3D Land scratched that itch for me (Even if the first half of the game is piss easy) and I'm glad it's being expanded upon for 3D World. The SMB2 cast being brought back and fully playable is a nice touch, as is the co-op (Though I would have loved for it to be online enabled, even if Nintendo hasn't done that in a mainline Mario game before).

I understand the dislike being directed at it since it's really safe compared to what could have been an entirely new 3D Mario game with fresh ideas, but as someone who loved 3D Land (I'd put it in my personal Top 3 Mario games, though my taste in Mario is... quite different from others) I can't wait to try this, and is yet another reason for me to actually kind of want a Wii U at the moment.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS

screen-9.jpg

Yes, I'm listing this over the Wii U version. Why? One simple reason, really.

Portable. Smash Bros.

This could very well be the mother of all productivity killers. For me, given how much time I've put into each Smash game (Even Brawl, flaws and all), I could see myself actually spending more time with this version of the game than the Wii U version. The newcomer choices are... inspired, to say the least. Villager's cool (I give it a week before that meme gets run into the ground), Wii Fit Trainer's just the kind of quirky choice that could only come from Sakurai, and Mega Man's cool, I guess. I think having Mega Man in a bunch of other crossovers beforehand really dulled the excitement factor of that announcement, so it's less "HOLY SHIT MEGA MAN YES YES" and moreso "Oh, Mega Man. Neat."

Panzer Dragoon V Crimson Dragon

Yeah, it's for a platform that I have no intentions of owning, but being a shameless Panzer Dragoon fanboy, I can't help but be interested in it. And luckily, it seems to be Panzer Dragoon in all but name. Fantastic looking environment, dragons shooting lasers, it's all there, plus controller support is supposedly in, which is great, because I'm not a fan of Kinect. Apparently, the director hinted that the 360 version isn't actually cancelled, and something may come up with that, which I hope ends up being the case, because I'm far more likely to pick up a 360 in the future than I am an XBone. It looks like the sequel (spiritual or otherwise) to Orta that I've always wanted. Orta is pretty much my favorite Xbox game, after all.

inFamous: Second Son

I'm not that huge of an inFamous fan. I've played a decent amount of the first one and had fun, and I've only played about an hour or so of the second game, and that was entertaining, too. But even with the power sets given in the game, I've always wondered how the game would play with even more unique powers. Second Son seems to be answering that for me. The smoke powers are a nice change-up from the usual elemental powers, and the ability to suck out the powers from other people sounds like it could have loads of potential, too. Coldman pretty much it up all of the same points I had to say about the game (Notably the vent traversal, that seems cool as hell), so I'll just say that Second Son is the first inFamous title I can say I'm truly looking forward to.

Noi

I'd probably get Smash for 3DS since it's not enough to get me to buy a WiiU, but hearing that there's no crossplay and that the 3DS is going to mean less characters overall makes me kinda upset that the 3DS version exists.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fantastic lists so far, you guys. Seven Force and Coldman have definitely got some games that I'm considering to put on my list, and I kinda agree with parts of the XVersus bit, but again, how the game looks in terms of scale means little to me these days.

Nocturnowl's list made me giggle. I loved it.

But I'll have something nice to say all the same. :)

there's no crossplay and that the 3DS is going to mean less characters overall
Wait. What?

Picked up my brother from work today and we played The Last of Us for a couple of hours.

Now a lot of games have been given a 10/10 from the media, and almost none of them deserve them.

This game?

Ten out of fucking ten.

Seriously the best game Naughty Dog has ever made. They fucking nailed it, I don't even like Uncharted that much.

qq more

Wait. What?

It sounds more like Sakurai is going to have issues putting in as many characters as intended for the game due to making 2 separate versions.

It does not mean it'll have a smaller roster than Brawl does. People read too much into what Sakurai says. He has stated however that he'll try his best to fill in the roster as much as he can.

We already have 12 confirmed characters and there's a wholeee bunch of characters that will obviously return. So I'm not concerned about the roster being 35. I can see it being 40 or 45 with some veterans not making the cut. So far we already have 3 newcomers and 3 other rumored ones (and they sound likely at this point).

Final Fantasy XVersus

1371254092145.gif

RULES OF NATUURRRREE.gif

Ever since I blade FF7 all those years ago as a wee lad, this is the game I was dreaming of. When I saw that trailer, the amount of joy I felt could have powered the United States for 50 years if it could somehow be turned to energy. Everything I ever wanted from an FF, everything I dreamed of. It's happening. It's fucking happening.

The Witcher 3

The Witcher 2 was a great game, but it didn't quite live up to its potential for various reasons. Now, The Witcher 3 is shaping up to be a return to form for WRPGs with a gorgeous expansive setting and writing that far outclasses Bioware's schlock. This will truly be one to remember.

MGS V

iPeKOmd5Jek6q.gif

Man I hope they don't notice my leg or the saddle...

MGS4 was crap.

There.

I said it.

But this? THIS! This right here looks like a true tactical espionage game with the potential to surpass MGS3. Stealth gameplay in an expansive setting will lead to emergent gameplay opportunities never before seen in the franchise, it will be truly interesting.

I only just watched the full "directors cut" trailer for MGS5, well I think I see why a certain 3 odd minutes weren't shown at the conference.
I'm sort of intrigued, I don't rate MGS4 at all so it's keeping me a bit sceptical on MGS5 still, I guess it doesn't help that during the snippets of Kojima talk last week he was touting the awesome powers of realistic graphics and motion capture making for more cinematic cutscenes, well that's great and all but i'd have preferred knowing what all of this fancy stuff meant for the actual gameplay.
On the other hand I played Snake Eater for the first time last year and left that one quite positively so maybe 4 was just a big misstep into a pile of poop.
So yeah, keeping an eye on it while also keeping my expectations in check.

'K guys, here's my list (alphabetical order):

The Division - AKA the "Watch_Dogs of E3 2013 that isn't Watch_Dogs". It's even being made/published by Ubisoft! This game came completely out of nowhere at the end of Ubisoft's conference (right off of a very boring voiced info dump of a reveal trailer). Even though the game takes place in yet another post-apocalyptic world, I actually like that it does't look too ransacked and that there isn't a deathly amount of gun-metal gray/ bullsh*t brown. The thing that really interested me the most was the game's UI, which takes cues from Dead Space. I like how the names of the streets are above the players head, and I love the way the world map is set up. Even though the game is billed as an "open world RPG" I'm not getting any RPG vibes from it, so I'm hoping we get more info on that aspect in the future.

Final Fantasy XV - It was actually a toss-up between this and Final Fantasy XIV: a realm Reborn. I had always been interested in XIV because I'd always wanted to get into a console MMO and thought that the universe looked really interesting. Also, Akihito Yoshida (Mmmm...). The reason why I'm excited about this title is pretty much the reason why everyone else is interested in it: It's a Final Fantasy game that actually looks cool. The closest I've come to actually playing a Final Fantasy game was the Japanese demo of Type-0, which I really liked. I also really like the locations/set pieces we saw in the trailer. I've always wanted to see a JRPG that wasn't Persona to take place in the modern day, and this looks to be it.

inFAMOUS: Second Son - ...or as I prefer to call it, Delsin May Cry. when this was announced I had a pretty similar reaction to the one I had with Bayonetta 2's announcement: "...really? ...OK." I wasn't absolutely against another inFAMOUS game, but I wasn't really sure if they really needed to make another game in the series considering how the second game ended. With E3 being the prime place to show off the game in action, I immediately fell in love with it, with the game becoming my second most anticipated game. Over-world traversal looks much smoother than the previous titles with Delsin's added abilities to turn to smoke and zip through vents, and unlike Cole, Delsin actually looks like an interesting character from the start. I like his design, and even though he does give off some douchey vibes, at least it looks like he's enjoying his powers unlike most characters that deem them "their curse" or some crap like that. It also helps that they give him a brother in the form of Travis Willingha- er, I mean, Reggie, which easily builds off of Cole and Zeke's relationship building in inFAMOUS 2, which was great. Overall the E3 presentation of the game made me go from "meh" to "this looks awesome", unlike the indifference I still have with Bayonetta 2.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain - ...not much to say about this one; open world Metal Gear just sounds really friggin' cool. Shit, I just want to hear that song again.

Puppeteer - To round out the list, I pick the title that is not only the riskiest first party title shown at E3, but also my most anticipated title for the rest of the year. This game speaks to me both aesthetically and atmospherically; not only it dares to capture the spectacle and wonder that Super Mario Galaxy had, but also serves as a reminder that fairytales could not only be magical, but also rather oppressive and scary. Another thing that I've loved about the game is that, just like with inFAMOUS Second Son, everything that we've seen has been completely in game. Yea, fuck your CG trailers (I'm looking at your specifically, Rayman Legends; seriously, who's idea was it to make a CG trailer for that game?)

PKrockin

OK, Secret Rings and Heroes are done.

Sonic Heroes is a decent game. The core gameplay is good. The new moves are fun to use and the controls are mostly good. The obvious problem is the sheer length of the levels and the repetition of having to play pretty much all the same levels four times. Had they given each area 3 acts instead of 2, and cut two teams out, it would be a good game. Instead a lot of people are going to get tired of it long before they finish (which is okay because the final boss is bad).

This seems to be a trend with 3D Sonic games: padding them out way too much. Like they're afraid to release a short game.

Secret Rings sucks my nuts, and sucks them hard. I hate this game so much. That's not hyperbole. I hate it. This is the only game I've ever wanted to just snap in half. It's not fun. It's never fun. The only feelings I can derive from this game are boredom during the cutscenes, and frustration and anger during the gameplay. It's impossible to have fun when you're wrestling with the controls every second to do the simplest things.

BlackJace

After a long day out, I was all ready to get back into the FF XIV beta phase 3. But nooooooo, Square's shit client presents the same update bugs as phase 2.

Hell, its even worse now cuz I was able to get around the error by deleting the corrupted files and forcing it to overwrite them until it was done in phase 2. Now that doesn't seem to work here.

Sigh, maybe it'll work tomorrow...

Just cleared out a good chunk of my backlog in the past 2 days, so I figured I'd give DKC2 another shot and try to beat it again, since I got stuck on that Mudhole Marsh level. Didn't feel like dealing with the bullshit save token stuff, so I just used the 50 lives coded and figured I'd knock this out in one go Got to Mudhole Marsh with 20 lives and proceeded to lose all of them there.

Man, fuck that game.

Just cleared out a good chunk of my backlog in the past 2 days, so I figured I'd give DKC2 another shot and try to beat it again, since I got stuck on that Mudhole Marsh level. Didn't feel like dealing with the bullshit save token stuff, so I just used the 50 lives coded and figured I'd knock this out in one go Got to Mudhole Marsh with 20 lives and proceeded to lose all of them there.

Man, fuck that game.

jUXuMOoeklt6N.PNG

Just know that YOU forced me to do this. It's completely out of my hands at this point.

Man, fuck that game.

are you jontron and/or egoraptor

Man, fuck that game.

In my day...we didn't have...cheat codes...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Seven Force, don't worry about it. It's not really a secret that I'm not very partial to the DKC games either.

I have CIB copies of DKC and DKC2... and am considering purchasing the third one just to round out the se-...

...I think I'll do it anyway.

In my day...we didn't have...cheat codes...
Yes, we did. D:

---
As for the lists, Puppeteer looks great to me, too. It's pretty quick from the footage they released. To me, it is, anyway. I'm looking forward to it in the fall, myself.

And I've never played a Witcher game in my life, but I'd love to try this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom