• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seven Force, don't worry about it. It's not really a secret that I'm not very partial to the DKC games either.

I have CIB copies of DKC and DKC2... and am considering purchasing the third one just to round out the se-...

...I think I'll do it anyway.

Yes, we did. D:

---
As for the lists, Puppeteer looks great to me, too. It's pretty quick from the footage they released. To me, it is, anyway. I'm looking forward to it in the fall, myself.

And I've never played a Witcher game in my life, but I'd love to try this one out.

Why would you buy games if you don't like them...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I've actually never played DKC3 the whole way through. I played it little-by-little at a SNES kiosk at a Toys-R-Us until they removed the kiosk entirely.

...I was pretty dedicated and did that with FF7 too, heh. I used to ask my dad often to take me to Toys R Us just so I could play FF7 at the PS1 kiosk because we couldn't afford a PS1 at the time. I loved watching my cousins play through that game, and I wanted to do it myself. They predictably never had memory cards in there, so I ended up having to play the first two dungeons often, trying to speedrun them just so I could get to the next wondrous place as soon as I could. I was pretty bummed when they switched the game, but I ended up waiting for the PC version and played through that instead.

Come to think of it, I did that with Sonic 2 as well at a Genesis kiosk at Eaton's. Hah.

DKC2 is pretty dope. The first one is the best one though.
I disagree. The second one is the pinnacle of the trilogy partially because of better general control/level structure/character abilities.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So, that visit to Best Buy that I said I got on camera? Here's what I got on camera.

I'll warn you, it's far from a good video.
Thanks for taking lots of Wind Waker footage. :)
I'm not sure if I really like how it looks based on that. To be honest, I wasn't sure that I liked how it looked based on the ND footage.

3D World multiplayer predictably looked like chaos in a blender.

And you sounded like you had lots of fun. American accents are interesting (you guys do little different things here and there and it's not really noticeable unless you really pay attention to it from an outsider's/analyst's perspective).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm almost finished Ni no Kuni. Almost. Oh man, it feels good to almost be finished that stupid thing. Eff postgame content. Noi can suffer through that if he wants to, but I've suffered enough. I want to play something I'll enjoy.

Taking everyone's advice and starting the Uncharted games after I finish this nonsensical poorly-designed RPG. And fuck it. Soul Hackers, here I come.

I haven't played that game
yet
but it can't control worse than Secret Rings.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

toxic tower

how is this shit supposed to be fun

like, at all
Wasn't that one of the hardest levels in the game by far? You've gotta be quick, and hold down the A button a lot for jumps. Oh, and Rattly can jump in mid-air after stepping off a platform. Outside of that, I don't remember much.

I'm almost finished Ni no Kuni. Almost. Oh man, it feels good to almost be finished that stupid thing. Eff postgame content. Noi can suffer through that if he wants to, but I've suffered enough. I want to play something I'll enjoy.

Taking everyone's advice and starting the Uncharted games after I finish this nonsensical poorly-designed RPG. And fuck it. Soul Hackers, here I come.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Wasn't that one of the hardest levels in the game by far? You've gotta be quick, and hold down the A button a lot for jumps. Oh, and Rattly can jump in mid-air after stepping off a platform. Outside of that, I don't remember much.

Toxic Tower is kiddie level ish compared to Animal Antics-Sqwaks Private Hell Portion

Never let it be said that I didn't give the game a fair shot. Didn't think I'd get any sleep unless I beat this tonight. Final Boss was surprisingly legit. Great theme, too.

y27wULQ.jpg

(Yes, I know there's a secret world and a true final boss. No, I'm not bothering with unlocking it.)

PKrockin

Thankfully, Shadow the Hedgehog is busted and won't play past the first 30 seconds of the first stage. Instead my sister and I played the campaign mode of Metroid Blast in Nintendo Land. All this third person shooting makes me wish for a Kid Icarus sequel on the Wii U.

All this "the DKC games were good" revisionist bullshit is gross.

They're OK, but they have plenty of dumb bullshit. DKCR has the least dumb bullshit, so it's the best one. Tropical Freeze will probably be even better.

Kokonoe

Banned
Shadow is actually the best part of Sonic 2006.

The rest of the game you're playing as characters that die easily and take forever to kill stuff. Then, when you get to Shadow, all you have to do is spam the ranged AoE combo brokenness, the A button, and whipe out everything all at once.

Kokonoe

Banned
I think it's harder to tell for the "Average Sniper Joe" since Brawl used a more detailed, 'serious' artstyle while the new Smash uses a more cartoony artstyle.

While I prefer the focus on the cartoony and colourful style i've got to say, I preferred Brawl Bowser. One of things I particularly loved about both previous smash incarnations of Bowser was how he felt more beast like, from his sounds, movement and visual appearance he was a far cry from the one you see driving karts with Mario.
SSB4 Bowser is taking an overhaul on all these points which is fair enough, I look forward to seeing how that all plays out as well but it's definitely one more focused on the modern Mario games, thus i'll miss my more Bestial Bowser, he truly felt like Smash's own.

That said at least we might be able to drop Giga Bowser now, I want to drop giant bowling balls out of the Koopa Clown Car.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Comedic-in-style cartoon for Sonic? So... AoStH?

(I don't watch TV anymore.)

All this "the DKC games were good" revisionist bullshit is gross.
This man knows the busi--

BUY KILLZONE SHADOWFALL
AW SHIT.

So many shills. Shills everywhere. Maybe he's going to post exclusive PS4 pictures in SonicGAF soon. D:

Thankfully, Shadow the Hedgehog is busted and won't play past the first 30 seconds of the first stage.
You were saved from bad game design and a nauseating narrative.

Nvotxmk.gif
Praise that disc for being bad.
qJNa3bu.gif

ni no kunis' shitty endgame and final boss can bite me
Why are you still playing this horribly-designed and overrated game for the platinum trophy? Even I'm not doing it and I usually try to platinum every RPG I come across.

God, this game freaking reeks of bad game design.

Noi

Why are you still playing this horribly-designed and overrated game for the platinum trophy? Even I'm not doing it and I usually try to platinum every RPG I come across.

God, this game freaking reeks of bad game design.

awful games are what I live for.

im only not getting time and eternity because im broke and Lightning Returns because I've given SE too much money for garbage games already

I bet that banner would give qq a heart attack, better post a warning.

I know I had one!

I dunno about over there, but in the states, Sonic X still re-runs on Saturday mornings. I don't think it's ever left the Saturday morning rotation even once since 2005.

Couldn't tell you for sure as to its current status, but it was on for a fairly long time on mainstream UK TV.

Sonic X is wildly out of date in terms of brand representation, of course- maybe SEGA only just clocked on that it needs to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom