• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sciz

Dave Polsky writing for Sonic? Huh. He's not my favorite FIM writer, but he's not bad either, and Sonic might be more his speed.

Dave Polsky writing for Sonic? Huh. He's not my favorite FIM writer, but he's not bad either, and Sonic might be more his speed.

OhYou.jpg

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I dunno about over there, but in the states, Sonic X still re-runs on Saturday mornings. I don't think it's ever left the Saturday morning rotation even once since 2005.
I think we stopped getting reruns of that show in, like, 2007.

...I don't even know if there's such a thing as Saturday morning cartoons anymore outside of the cartoon-centric station that I don't even get anymore.

Haha, it's because I don't really watch TV anymore. Don't have time for it, and everything just seems boring as heck. I think the last show I actively watched was House, and that was only up until the episode where he gets shot.

Edit: Wait, no I watch sports. CONFEDERATION CUP YO.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
WATCH MORE OF IT
I saw that the show relied more on the intern characters that I didn't care much for when my dad used to watch it, and I was like, "Nope, no more of this."

I wasn't really into it for the character relationships, but I watched it for the reasons why my medical school peers watched it: for the hospital equipment in action, how board members can affect how a hospital is run in a dramatic way at times, and patient diagnoses (which ended up becoming repetitive and one-note to me after a while). I didn't care much for the characters outside of House (playing Metroid: Zero Mission) at all.

I saw that the show relied more on the intern characters that I didn't care much for when my dad used to watch it, and I was like, "Nope, no more of this."

I wasn't really into it for the character relationships, but I watched it for the reasons why my medical school peers watched it: for the hospital equipment in action, how board members can affect how a hospital is run in a dramatic way at times, and patient diagnoses (which ended up becoming repetitive and one-note to me after a while). I didn't care much for the characters outside of House (playing Metroid: Zero Mission) at all.

you can forget about that pudding then, missy

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But Beefy... ;-;

Blaze or Bean can make me my pudding, I guess... :(

You guys still watch TV?
I just watched the Confederations Cup match on my laptop. Really great streaming by CBC so far; better than the nonsense I had to put up with sometimes by CTV for the Olympics and the Euro Cup in 2012. >.>

But hockey games? Gotta be on TV.

But man, I hate the commentary that CBC had for that match. I was better off watching it in another language instead, I think.

I was gonna say. Polsky was considered the worst writer through Season 1, until Season 2 came and Merriweather Williams brought us "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well", which AFAIK is still considered the worst episode in the entire series.

Not that I personally disliked "Feeling Pinkie Keen" or "Over a Barrel", and "Too Many Pinkie Pies" was absolutely brilliant, but, y'know, there you are. I don't know how this portends for a new Sonic cartoon.

If you guys are going to discuss MLP then don't mind me and kiddo going all out on discussing the avatar bet :)
But this is relevant, because he's doing a Sonic cartoon!

I'm only discussing as much as necessary within that context, anyway: that his quality, while I personally don't take issue with it, is apparently low enough that others do.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hey guys, if you're going to discuss all this other stuff I hope you don't mind if I discuss Pokemon Gold and how much I love it.

qq more

Pokemon Gold is the reason I'm still alive right now.

Look at this guy, it was the first nighttime Pokemon I saw!

e2nT1D4.png

Pikablu > Pikachu

WLSYOHH.png

Hoothoot rocks! Listen to his cry, isn't it awesome? Dunsparce is another great one with an awesome cry.

And yes, Pikablu >>>> Pikachu. I remember capturing a "Marill" and just named it Pikablu. I remember capturing it again in Gen 3 and did the same thing but made it one of my powerful Pokemon this time! I think it's in my Platinum game now... or Heart Gold. I gotta check sometime.

Kokonoe

Banned
Hoothoot rocks! Listen to his cry, isn't it awesome? Dunsparce is another great one with an awesome cry.

And yes, Pikablu >>>> Pikachu. I remember capturing a "Marill" and just named it Pikablu. I remember capturing it again in Gen 3 and did the same thing but made it one of my powerful Pokemon this time! I think it's in my Platinum game now... or Heart Gold. I gotta check sometime.

The majestic Hoothoot cry, so beautiful. ;_;

guys why is Marill a fairy type now

Uhh.....logically, I have no idea. lol

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So thanks to Sonic 3 Complete...is there any reason to play the Genesis versions anymore?
If you feel like hooking your Genesis up for the day and playing 'em on your TV if you don't have it hooked up to your PC, sure. :p

Also for the novelty of stacking carts on top of each other.

Noi

I wish I had a reliable current-gen method of playing Sonic 3. It's still my "favorite" but I haven't played it since I was a kid, and it never came out on PSN (which would have been a backbone port, but it's still SOMETHING.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wish I had a reliable current-gen method of playing Sonic 3. It's still my "favorite" but I haven't played it since I was a kid, and it never came out on PSN (which would have been a backbone port, but it's still SOMETHING.)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for PS3. Easy plat, too.

I wouldn't go with the DS Classic Collection, either. I don't really like how those ports function in general (they're ROMs on an emu, meaning you get some blurring or slowdown). They removed the 2-player modes (for semi-obvious reasons, but multiplayer on DS is genuinely a thing, so...) in both Sonic 2 and Sonic 3&K. The removal of the menus doesn't allow you to implement the cheats, either. Pause is on the touch screen vs the Start button which really boggles my mind.

I really dislike that DS Classic Collection. Poor form.

Oh, and you get stuff like this, too. Glad someone else spotted it on the Internet.

scc-007nhxlr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom