• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Added black borders for fun.

IE5JKlH.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I miss the borders myself. I need more structure.

...Also I think Phantom's username would get cut off more because of that. >.>

qq more

I've never made a GAF thread in the 2 years I've been on this forum...

I'm using the NeoGAF Dark forum skin. It's pretty neat although a bit glitchy since they're still working on the compatibility for the new layout.

I figured there'd be GAF layout talk in here too. This thread's like a mini-forum. I never know what I'm going to see entering it.

I remember I used to pick up the comics back when we had Cub Foods...which was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when the Endgame saga was going on...

My first exposure to them was in Lazarus, when it still had a bookstore. (Back when it... still existed too.) Back with the original miniseries, but I don't think I bought the very first issue. I did start buying it by the time the first issues started rolling in, and subscribed.

Hey, remember comic books... in the MAIL?

Tizoc

Now that I think about it...the Archie Sonic comic is prob. the VERY first comic book I've ever read in English. My early comic books were the translated Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck comics tho.
So I'd say Mickey, Donald and Sonic were my first foray into comics =P

Oh and I was reading the Endgame arc I think, and I was easily able to follow the plot. The idea a Sonic comic existed blew my mind though haha.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I figured there'd be GAF layout talk in here too. This thread's like a mini-forum. I never know what I'm going to see entering it.

Hey, remember comic books... in the MAIL?
They still send 'em via the mail! I still get magazines in the mail. And someone I know still gets comics in the mail!

And yeah... it kinda is like a mini-forum, isn't it? I kinda don't mind that. I appreciate it quite a bit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Actually, going with what I said above, I just want to say that I'm happy to have started posting alongside the lot of you. We may have our disagreements at times, but I enjoy myself in this thread the most.

Whether we talk on GAF or off of it, I appreciate you all a lot. There are some of you with whom I've started speaking to more in-depth, and our conversations mean a lot to me. You guys (and Bean and Culver since you're both definitely part of SonicGAF to me) make me laugh and feel better when I'm having a bit of a stressful time. So, thank you.

Yep, been doing that. Which reminds me I need to read Vol 4 of the Mega Man comic.
Yes. :mad:

Psxphile

Wanted to add a post or posts there about my experiences playing through and beating both PSI (retranslated) and PSII, but felt kind of ashamed of the fact that I had to apply hacks to PSII to reduce all the grinding involved. Nothing more than a XP/Meseta multiplier and minor script/text fixes, but still... even though I finally (finally) finished PSII after first spying that huge end-game spoiler in a magazine over two decades ago (ugh), I feel like I've completed it dishonestly. It's weird... but, I just don't have time to farm experience and money just to be able to complete a dungeon and progress like when I was younger.

Currently playing PSIII as well, with that Easy Edition patch. I feel even worse.

Noi

Wanted to add a post or posts there about my experiences playing through and beating both PSI (retranslated) and PSII, but felt kind of ashamed of the fact that I had to apply hacks to PSII to reduce all the grinding involved. Nothing more than a XP/Meseta multiplier and minor script/text fixes, but still... even though I finally (finally) finished PSII after first spying that huge end-game spoiler in a magazine over two decades ago (ugh), I feel like I've completed it dishonestly. It's weird... but, I just don't have time to farm experience and money just to be able to complete a dungeon and progress like when I was younger.

Currently playing PSIII as well, with that Easy Edition patch. I feel even worse.

Don't be! The PS2 version of the collection even officially added an "Easy" mode that's just a Meseta/XP multiplier and it made PS1 a lot more enjoyable to me, which is what counts! It's not like you save stated to avoid deaths, and it's no different from people who speed up emulators on RPGs to make grinding go by faster.

Psxphile

Don't be! The PS2 version of the collection even officially added an "Easy" mode that's just a Meseta/XP multiplier and it made PS1 a lot more enjoyable to me, which is what counts! It's not like you save stated to avoid deaths, and it's no different from people who speed up emulators on RPGs to make grinding go by faster.

Yeah, I originally justified it by thinking 'hey, it's in the Complete Collection, so why not?' The patch notes for 2 even mention that the creator was attempting parity with the collection's easy mode. Though I still had to contend with the "slow march of death" i.e. PSII and PSIII's regular walking speed.

PSI was played straight besides looking up some maps for the tougher dungeons. I first played it with the original PSG soundtrack but then I switched to the FM. Not sure which one I preferred more, to be honest: FM is superior, but the PSG has a decidedly '8-bit charm' going for it. Sound effects were definitely worse, though.

Obligatory "Tower is the best dang dungeon-raiding music ever" comment.

PKrockin

Now that I'm unlocking more attack options and getting more used to combat, Unleashed's Werehog stages actually aren't that bad.

Still way too damn long and too many dumb platforming segments though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So... How about that Sonic After the Sequel? :D
I still have to play it! Everyone else here says it's better than Before the Sequel in gameplay, level design, and music.

I'm eager to play it, but I have quite a few games that I'm trying to get through right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom