• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

I only play the mainline Sonic games, they're the only ones that count.

kristoph1-glasses%28a%29.gif

Kokonoe

Banned
Power Rangers The Movie on the SNES rules, I'm replaying it right now and I'm having a blast.

I never actually owned the game, I just would always play someone else's copy every now and then when I was a lot younger.
Oh my...soooo good...=D

Haha, figured you'd like it!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
By the way, the 22nd anniversary celebration already happened in Japan at Joyopolis, as you can see in this Famitsu article.

Takashi Iizuka showed up to talk about the history of Sonic the Hedgehog. Okay, basically he gave a powerpoint presentation about Sonic's history. I don't think there's anything new to learn from this for us, though.

l_51c6df7ee77f1r6ubt.jpg

• He talked about Tails and Knuckles first. He talked about how no one had heard of Echidnas in-house, so it became a topic of discussion.
  • Iizuka really likes E-102 Gamma, apparently.
  • Shadow was only really supposed to appear in SA2 but because he was incredibly popular among fans, they brought him back for more Sonic games.
  • He barely talked about Sonic Heroes according to the article. :V
  • He talked about Sonic 2006. Apparently Silver the Hedgehog is popular in Japan. What. And then he said Blaze the Cat was in the game as well.
  • He talked about how Sonic Riders has the uncommon bird character in the series.
  • Then Famitsu wrote one line about how Sonic Lost World is basically about giving the players a new playstyle. I looked at another article (there are pictures in this other article, so check it out!) where it said, "it's not only vertical and horizontal view of the screen, but rather their new direction with respect to the orientation will allow for a greater degree of freedom for the player. You and use the scaffolding, and Sonic deserved more dynamic spaces [and camera angles, I assume]". Both versions' directors talked about the game. Kishimoto says to look forward to a fall release. Bayashi says that everyone's losing sleep. They talked about Windy Hill, but we saw footage of that at E3, so you guys know about the tubes. They talked about a multiple lock on, like, apparently you can beat multiple enemies in one attack. Using the Wii U Gamepad, you can enjoy competitive mode without making use of a split screen.

In the 3DS version, you can control Sonic's speed with R. You may also continuously homing attack just like in the Wii U version (ie: attack multiple enemies, I assume). You'll find different things to enjoy about each the Wii U version and the 3DS version.
  • Tomoya Ohtani took to the microphone, as he is Sonic Lost Worlds' sound director. He said he earnestly worked hard to add traditional music that would benefit the action of the game. They're trying to include multiple genres as usual. There will be no vocal music for stages this game, despite the fact that it's great that vocal music was a large component of this series. They're orchestrating the music for both the 3DS and Wii U versions.

You can view more pictures of the event here. But I chose some to post here.

l_51c6df81678beqmuvh.jpg

l_51c6df83aa6c1hauqd.jpg
l_51c6df8404a5f2guck.jpg

l_51c6df841d0fc7euuj.jpg

Do note that if you see the picture of a Sonic-themed 3DS LL, that is not a 3DS LL; that is a case set worth 2900+ yen!

Aw man, Sonic the hedgehog songs are awesome! Whenever they're orchestrated for a final boss makes fighting the final boss more awesome. No vocals for Sonic Lost World disappoints me greatly.

You should make a thread on the 22nd Anniversary, Schala. Your post already makes a good OP.

Also, Sonic is 22 years old. He has finally stopped his crazy partying days (Sonic 06) and has finally matured (Wild World).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Usually by E3 we get an indication of what the vocal theme is supposed to be.

The reading of that sentence was "the themes will be orchestrated for both versions" vs "the theme song will be orchestrated". Let me fix that. But no. No vocal music for stages.

You should make a thread on the 22nd Anniversary, Schala. Your post already makes a good OP.

Also, Sonic is 22 years old. He has finally stopped his crazy partying days (Sonic 06) and has finally matured (Wild World).
Ah, I don't think it's kinda worth it this year to make a thread, to be honest. I usually think anniversaries with 0 or 5 at the end of them are worth threads. Let's wait three years.

qq more

I actually prefer no-vocals over vocal tracks. Not that they're bad or anything, songs like Open Your Heart are great. But I was always a bigger fan of more traditional Sonic music. So the news of no vocals doesn't exactly bug me.

EDIT: Actually, fuck that. I want more Knuckles raps. Please make a Knuckles spinoff with Knuckles rap please

Also, Silver is popular? He's one of the worst characters in the franchise. There's absolutely nothing redeemable about him...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Also, Silver is popular? He's one of the worst characters in the franchise. There's absolutely nothing redeemable about him...
I bet it's because he's voiced by Daisuke Ono over there.

It's just like how Mega Man X is voiced by one of my favourite Japanese voice actors, ever (Takahiro Sakurai). Of course X is going to be a popular character because his seiyuu is great.

Village

I actually prefer no-vocals over vocal tracks. Not that they're bad or anything, songs like Open Your Heart are great. But I was always a bigger fan of more traditional Sonic music. So the news of no vocals doesn't exactly bug me.

EDIT: Actually, fuck that. I want more Knuckles raps. Please make a Knuckles spinoff with Knuckles rap please

You have a good soul.

Ah, I don't think it's kinda worth it this year to make a thread, to be honest. I usually think anniversaries with 0 or 5 at the end of them are worth threads. Let's wait three years.
I mainly thought it'd be an interesting thread because of the stuff Iizuka said, but whatever.
Besides, a Sonic thread on Gaming Side would quickly turn to shit.
Strangely, I have faith it won't. I don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom