• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

I was smiled upon by the gods for leaving GAF apparently. Literally hours from my last post, I found a hundred dollar bill in my medicine cabinet.

Not posting really did help, its been a relaxing few days for me to actually get shit done. I missed the threads on the Xbox 180 though lol.

Sciz

A thought:

The next Sonic game features villains that look like they came out of a Saturday morning cartoon.

Meanwhile, it leaks that there's going to be another Sonic cartoon.

hmmmmmmmmm

Anybody know where these came from:

20-line-sonic-sticker-4.jpg

LOL crying Tails.

Reverse Google Image Search only produces this Chinese article.

Google Translate said:
"Free tokens" on-line services, download the designated software tokens can get Line

LINE conducted an "equivalent exchange" in the cards action.

Android users want to buy a Line maps, and now there is another way.

Line at the 20th launched the "LINE free tokens" (LINE Free Coin) services, as long as the user downloads LINE specified application, you can get Line tokens to pay for premium content maps and other consumption. Currently in Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, the three began to implement, is expected to gradually expand to other countries. However, this activity is currently only open to the Android platform, iOS platform no import program.

About the Service earliest published between May of this year. Part for the Taiwan market, open the downloaded application specified as the "Line Dragon Flight", "Line Bubble", "LINE I love Coffee", the average availability of 35 units each download free tokens; currently expected future applications in addition to the official Line program, we will also be open to other manufacturers to join.

Meanwhile, as expected in the autumn with the Wii U / 3DS launch platform "Sonic" latest work "Sonic Lost World", SEGA and LINE (​​Japan) to launch the exclusive expression maps, in addition headed protagonist Sonic Sonic, partner "tower Wales', 'Amy' and the rival "egg head doctor", total 40 species; price 170 yen.
Sonic Sonic and Tower Wales go to save Amy from the evil Egg Head Doctor!

Noi

It sounding more and more like Xbox 360 II

which is what people wanted in the first place

But not what Microsoft designed, and still $100 more expensive.

So now they have a console that's been designed for years to have intrusive DRM in place and required Kinect functionality, but now 90% of the stuff it was designed around got removed. What's the point of it now? They may as well re-reveal the console with all the stuff that's changed cause almost none of it applies anymore.

(I'm for thinking that they didn't need to cut the family sharing just because they removed the DRM, but we know now that "family sharing" was glorified demos too. :v)

Edit: Oh, I guess the TVTVTVTVSPORTS still applies, so it's not totally an obsolete reveal yet.

Honestly while the 180 is good, honestly the image of what the fuck the Xbone is supposed to be now is in shambles.

They need to re-reveal it so it makes sense again.

Just make a kinect version that $499, and a kinect-less version of $400. Also, drop the Cloud shit and just say "Dedicated servers for all games". As a Gears of War fan, Gears 3 dedicated servers was a breath of fresh air after P2P crapshoot of Gears 1/2 for years. Dedis in Halo, CoD, etc could be a big selling point versus Sony's online infrastructure(also downloads that don't take a million billion years)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Honestly while the 180 is good, honestly the image of what the fuck the Xbone is supposed to be now is in shambles.

They need to re-reveal it so it makes sense again.
Yeah, I haven't been paying tons of attention outside of the briefest of details, but I honestly don't know what the console's supposed to be about now.

Also, drop the Cloud shit and just say "Dedicated servers for all games".
I have friends who think the Cloud is the most appealing thing about it. They think it's all new and mystical and shit. I don't even know.

I'd just like to take a moment to share this thread with you all
Hahahahaha. Just show him the picture of the octopus doing 500 different things.

Noi

The cloud is like the flying nimbus, only the pure of heart can use it.

There goes 90% of the XBL community.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
That shit cracked me up when I read it. (But yeah, that's from this week's issue, so I'll genuinely feel bad if people do feel like they'll get spoiled on it if they haven't gotten it yet this week. Even if it's a gag.)

Poor Bean. If he peeks in here, he's going to be spoiled on the gag, but I don't think he'll mind. I hope not. -_-

That shit cracked me up when I read it. (But yeah, that's from this week's issue, so I'll genuinely feel bad if people do feel like they'll get spoiled on it if they haven't gotten it yet this week. Even if it's a gag.)
No kidding. My bookstore has been consistently a week behind everyone else for a while now. Ugh.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Archie needs to progress to Mega Man X...because I need to see Zero in action.
I wonder what the possibilities are for a Mega Man X series. Ian's already working on three books as it is...

We're only on Super Adventure Rockman / Mega Man 3 right now in the Classic MM series.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Do American convenience stores / newsstands carry issues? That's where I used to get mine when I started reading the comics again until I went to my local bookstore/comic store and asked for issues to be put aside for me.

I know you can grab them on Google Play if you have an Android device. I imagine that it's the same for other online services. But I guess some people are like me and would like the physical product.

Noi

Do American convenience stores / newsstands carry issues? That's where I used to get mine when I started reading the comics again until I went to my local bookstore/comic store and asked for issues to be put aside for me.

I know you can grab them on Google Play if you have an Android device. I imagine that it's the same for other online services. But I guess some people are like me and would like the physical product.

I didn't actually know they were on google play! Are those all the issues out right now?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I didn't actually know they were on google play! Are those all the issues out right now?
Just up to Part Eight.

For people on Android:

Act One: Kindred Spirits:

Arc Two: Into the Warzone:

Not up yet:

Arc Three: Chaos Clash:
  • Part 9 - Sonic the Hedgehog #250 - July 3rd
  • Part 10 - Mega Man #27 - July 10th
  • Part 11 - Sonic Universe #54 - July 23rd
  • Part 12 - Sonic the Hedgehog #251 - August

...wonder if I should crosspost this in the Worlds Collide thread...

Nope. They used to, but haven't in years. Not even DC/Marvel stuff.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nope. They used to, but haven't in years. Not even DC/Marvel stuff.
Oh, shoot. That's so strange to hear. Probably because more people might be reading comics digitally now? Is that more common in the States? :/

I remember I used to pick up the comics back when we had Cub Foods...which was waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when the Endgame saga was going on...
Oh man, I think was maybe 9 when that was going on? Yeah, 1997, so I was definitely 8-9 since #48 was in April 1997.

I remember it vividly because that's when I was ordering the older Sonic specials I never bought prior.

OMG Aero

So am I the only person in this thread who read the vastly superior Sonic The Comic?

Getting the last issue and then reading the editor's note at the back saying it was the last issue of the comic ever was so sad for me as a kid.

Sciz

Oh, shoot. That's so strange to hear. Probably because more people might be reading comics digitally now? Is that more common in the States? :/

It's getting there, thanks to tablets taking off and places like Comixology running good deals once in a while.

(you see Microsoft, that's how you transition people to digital. Slowly, and with good deals and services)

So am I the only person in this thread who read the vastly superior Sonic The Comic?

Getting the last issue and then reading the editor's note at the back saying it was the last issue of the comic ever was so sad for me as a kid.

I tracked down an archive of it last year out of curiosity, thanks to people like you. The short answer is that it's just as weird as the Archie series ever was, just in a completely different way.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I still find it strange that we never seemed to have gotten those here even though we get UK editions of some magazines sometimes, or French editions of books (but that's because of Québec).

But I'm sure other UK SonicGAF members will probably say that they read it. Edit: And Sciz, lol.

Yeah. eBook readers and tablets and shit are taking over now.
Boooo. I dunno. I can't stare at a screen for too long these days. My eyes get all twitchy. I don't think I'll completely convert to reading eBooks yet.

I used to read Sonic the Comic during the '96-'99 era, starting just before Sonic took an extended stay in the Special Zone.

It was pretty good, I guess. Having Mick McMahon as an artist was a mistake, though. His style really didn't work with the comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom