• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

That's actually the first time I hear the boss theme for Vanilla Sonic 3... I like S&K's way more. >>

Also count me in the liking Colors more than Generations camp, though in my case it's a preference to all new content over what's basically a "Best of" collection. (I realize it's still technically all new, but you know what I meaaaaaan).

On one hand the Sonic 3 boss theme reminds me of the sort of theme i'd expect to hear from a comic relief villain who has a group of suck up cronies while & Knuckles is awesomely awesome stuff of awesome.
But holy jones, i've only just now noticed the Sonic 3 Knuckles theme percussion running through that boss theme which has elevated in greatly.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Only a B- for Transformed? That's a pretty solid A for me, for certain.
The physics and vehicle handling can be strange, as Seven Force said. But also, the split-screen isn't that great, there are control issues, there exist AI issues, it lacks a DNF marker which would be handy for multi, and it's just unpolished here and there. Even then, the first game's better by comparison, even when Transformed does some neat stuff and looks like a visual spectacle. The first game's roster is much better than the second game's, and you have more options available to you in the first game as well.

Also, Bean wanted to throw his ratings in here. I think I finally have a rival when it comes to grading harshly, because I was expecting him to throw an A here and there. He's generally much nicer than I am.

DBean said:
Rush: B-
2k6: F
Rivals: F
Rush Adventure: B-
Rivals 2: D-
Unleashed: D+
All-Stars Racing: B-
Colors: B
Generations (HD): B+
Generations (3DS): C-
Episode II: C-
All-Stars Racing Transformed: C+

Mario & Sonic: D
Mario & Sonic Winter: B-
Mario & Sonic London: C

Now that I think about it a little more I don't dislike it that much... I prefer the rest of the music much more, though.

This is acceptable.

Also count me in the liking Colors more than Generations camp, though in my case it's a preference to all new content over what's basically a "Best of" collection. (I realize it's still technically all new, but you know what I meaaaaaan).

This is another reason why I prefer Colors. I like getting introduced to new environments, whereas Generations' levels are kind of a "been there, done that" deal, though in fairness that's is the general point of the game.

Heropon

After doing 40 resets to get S3&K I realize it's too late and my head isn't in a good enough condition to play a platformer. I really wanted to play it, but there are times when it's better to just give up.

Jesus, what's will all the JRPG threads lately?

Someone insulted Riki in one of them, so I just stay away from those threads.

AniHawk

rush - 7
rush adventure - 5
rush colors - 6
colors - 7
generations - 7
secret rings - 5

average: 6.2/10

those were all the ones i played from the generation. generations 3ds is the current generation and not last gen so it doesn't get counted.

Heropon

Riki is actually one of the best characters in Xenoblade, which is funny because I usually hate characters like him.

I loved him and the Nopon because they were a subversion of the forest race trope. Seeing how they could be even more flawed than humans, it made them more relatable than those stupid races with superiority complex in other games and media.

rush colors - 6

I laughed.

Rush - 6.5
06 - 3
Secret Rings - 5
Rush Adventure - 7
Rivals 2 - 4.5
Chronicles - hahahaha
Unleashed PS360 - 7.5
Black Knight - 5
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - 7.5
Sonic 4: Episode I - 6
Sonic Colours Wii - 8.5
Sonic Colours DS - 5.5
Sonic Generations - 8
Sonic 4: Episode II - 5
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - 8.5

Kokonoe

Banned
Secret Rings: 2.5/10
Free Riders: 2.5/10
Sonic 2006: 3/10
Sonic Rush: 4/10
Sonic Unleashed PS360: 4.5/10
Sonic Colors: 6/10
Sonic 4: Episode II: 6/10
Sonic 4: Episode I: 7/10
Sonic Colors DS: 7/10
All Stars Transformed: 7/10
Sonic Rush Adventure: 7.5/10
All Stars Racing: 9/10
Sonic Generations: 9/10

Can't properly rate Rivals as with both games, I turned them off a few minutes after from being awful.

-edit-

Gosh, I didn't truly realize how much I didn't enjoy Sonic as much that gen.

BHZ Mayor

Confirmation AniHawk lurks this thread

He probably saw my post about Jak 2 and was waiting for an opportunity to hate it. Speaking of which, I just finished this mess of a game. I promise this game didn't piss me off as much as it did in this playthrough. I just did a playthough a couple of years ago (shortly before the collection was announced) and didn't come out even a tenth as jaded as I feel now, even going so far to defend it here when the collection was announced. It almost feels like Mass Media somehow programmed the port to be even more annoying. Those hopping bastards at the Metal Head Nest and those scorpion things (all of my hate) during the final boss had me literally screaming "Leave me alone!" It's as if this game was picking on me. And did Naughty Dog not know what checkpoints were back then? Also Kor with his missing face texture is kind of creepy.

Congratulations Jak 2. You've made it on the list of games I will never play through again, along with Donkey Kong 64, AKA the "How on Earth did I like this when I was younger?" list.

On to Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, thank God.

PKrockin

What's the point of the skills in Generations? There's no fun skills. It's just stuff that should be available to begin with. In the Genesis games, I didn't have to buy a skill before Sonic could get shields or land on his feet when he got hit.

Heroes (GC): C
Sonic 06 (360): F
Secret Rings: Fuck you
Black Knight: D
Unleashed (PS3): C
Sonic 4 Ep1: D
Sonic 4 Ep2: D
Sonic Colors (Wii): B
Sonic Generations: B

I really want to replay Sonic Colors now. It's almost an A, and I might appreciate it more revisiting it after all these shitty Sonic games. On top of that some of my frustration with that game came from still not being used to the modern Sonic gameplay and controls, coming off the Genesis and Adventure games. I'm much better at this stuff now. One thing's for certain, I know the levels were better than Planet Wisp in Generations.

TheOGB

Banned
New Lost World screen
sgNKgiZ.jpg
different times of the day hnnnng

Love this song. S&K mini-boss music while still good feels more generic to me. Not as memorable.

Dem beatz.

http://youtu.be/GZH1o8N9PXU

Sonic 3's music goes hard. That's why I love it.
Sonic 3 Genesis music is funky. I love it

I prefer this one muchos grande more.

Sonic 3's boss theme I don't care much for.
European Sonic 3 cover so ugly

ChamplooJones

Formerly Momotaro
He probably saw my post about Jak 2 and was waiting for an opportunity to hate it. Speaking of which, I just finished this mess of a game. I promise this game didn't piss me off as much as it did in this playthrough. I just did a playthough a couple of years ago (shortly before the collection was announced) and didn't come out even a tenth as jaded as I feel now, even going so far to defend it here when the collection was announced. It almost feels like Mass Media somehow programmed the port to be even more annoying. Those hopping bastards at the Metal Head Nest and those scorpion things (all of my hate) during the final boss had me literally screaming "Leave me alone!" It's as if this game was picking on me. And did Naughty Dog not know what checkpoints were back then? Also Kor with his missing face texture is kind of creepy.

Congratulations Jak 2. You've made it on the list of games I will never play through again, along with Donkey Kong 64, AKA the "How on Earth did I like this when I was younger?" list.

On to Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando, thank God.

Now, let's us never mention that game again.

Tizoc

Bleh off the top of my head:
Sonic 1: A
Sonic 2: A
Sonic 3, &K, 3&K: A
Sonic 3D Blast: B-
Sonic Adventure 2 (PSN/Steam/XBL release): C+
Sonic Pocket Adventure: A
Sonic Unleashed PS2: B-
Sonic Generations: B
Sonic & SEGA Racing: A
Sonic Racing Transformed: A+

TheOGB

Banned
We goin old school now too?

Sonic 1 - B+
Sonic CD - A-
Sonic 2 - A
Sonic 3&K - A+
Sonic R - C for Can You Feel the Sunshine
lolno, D+
Sonic Schoolhouse - Why
3D Blast - D+
Game Gear games - Iizuka: *laughs*
Spinball - C- (seriously)

Anth0ny

great:

sonic 1, 2, 3K

good:

adventure 2, cd, generations, game gear games, advance 1

okay:

sonic r, adventure 1, battle, heroes, sonic jump, simon wai's sonic 2 beta

bad:

06, advance 2/3

dogshit:

colors, unleashed, sonic 4, chaotix, ds games

haven't played all the games yet, I'm going to try Shadow/the Wii games when I feel like torturing myself

Sonic 1 - 8.5
Sonic CD - 7
Sonic 2 - 9
Sonic 3&K - 10
Sonic R - 11++
3D Blast - 7
Sonic Adventure - 7
Sonic Adventure 2 - 6.5
Sonic Battle - 7
Sonic Heroes - 6
Shadow the Hedgehog - 5
All Hail Shadow - 9

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Happy birthday, Seven Force! I genuinely hope you have some fun today. You deserve it.

Also, shit, I have to post the cake now, don't I? I hope you have a better cake. You more than likely will.

kakwy4cyeszw.jpg

Tizoc

Yo Schala so like dat Index... you feelin' OK?

Happy birthday, Seven Force! I genuinely hope you have some fun today. You deserve it.

Also, shit, I have to post the cake now, don't I? I hope you have a better cake. You more than likely will.

kakwy4cyeszw.jpg

Happy b-day, tried to find chaos emeralds cake but I settled for this one-
full_7709_81265_SonicHedgehogCake_1.jpg

qq more

Sonic 06 (PS3): ...I'll get back to this one. 0.5/10 so far
Sonic 06 (360): 1/10 (gave up at the snow level, so awful)
Unleashed (Wii): 5/10 (played upto Holoska Night Act 2)
Unleashed (PS3): ?/10 (need to play further on this enough to give a score)
Colors: 8/10
Generations: 8/10

Sonic 4 Ep 1: 4/10
Sonic 4 Ep 2: 4/10 (I sometimes can't decide if it's overall better or worse)
Sonic Rush: 5.5/10
Sonic Rush Adventure: ?/10 (I'll give it another go sometime. It was better than Rush from what I've played)
Sonic Colors DS: ?/10 (I haven't played enough to judge, but it's the best of the DS games so far)

Secret Rings: 1.5/10 (I played the first level and a few missions. NOPE. NOT GIVING IT A SECOND CHANCE)

Tizoc

Haha.

People having a meltdown over the mere thought of Nintendo acquiring Atlus is hilarious, to say the least.

Well I secretly want Sony to acquire them...but they didn't do shit to get MonHun on a Sony system, so there's a very low chance here.
...unless Atlus goes Indie, then they'd be all over them...

Kokonoe

Banned
Hey guys, I'm gonna take a break from SonicGAF till after Lost World releases as I'm going on media blackout for Sonic Lost World. Have a good one!

Rlan

I like some of the little things in Lost Worlds, like how his "normal run" has reverted back to a classic "blurred feet" type, while the "can't stop" levels use his adventure style run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom