• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Let's try not to talk bad about other site members in this thread. I'm not in the mood for it at all, and it's mean and exclusionary, regardless of everyone's opinion of said user(s).

It's actually a bit of a put-off, to be honest. :/
sorry i tend to get carried away

Why are you messing the play up for the both of us? Ruining our date. >:|
I didn't attack the King this time, but instead of kissing your hand I kissed the Evil Dragon King's hand. Apparently it broke a curse and turned him into a beautiful maiden. We all lived happily ever after!

...except for Schala, who was left on stage. Tee-hee!

Then we went on a gondola ride, where you mentioned "timing was everything." Then you chickened out on what you were gonna say. :| Then Phantom revealed he was a Shinra spy. Probably because I named him after Cait Sith. >.>

I just now beat the Temple of the Ancients, and I guess Schala was mad at me ruining the play because she suplexed the Demons Gate.
One of Tifa's Limit Breaks is a suplex, which just so happened to deal enough damage to finish the boss.

OMG Aero

I didn't attack the King this time, but instead of kissing your hand I kissed the Evil Dragon King's hand. Apparently it broke a curse and turned him into a beautiful maiden. We all lived happily ever after!

Then we went on a gondola ride, where you mentioned "timing was everything." Then you chickened out on what you were gonna say. :| Then Phantom revealed he was a Shinra spy. Probably because I named him after Cait Sith. >.>

I just now beat the Temple of the Ancients, and I guess Schala was mad at me ruining the play because she suplexed the Demons Gate.
One of Tifa's Limit Breaks is a suplex, which just so happened to deal enough damage to finish the boss.
As someone who has never played FF7 this looks like the scrawlings of a mad man.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

I've always been told that I have horrible taste in men. And you were supposed to take the initiative after I said that, Beef. God! Why are men so silly and aloof? They can never ever take a dang hint at all. >:|

Which is why I suplexed qq more's evil wall. You leave me onstage alone? Gonna suplex everything now.

qq more

well on the bright side my evil wall is gone which means my house is no longer evil

you owe me a wall and you're the one paying for it

That's funny, my friend just said Dwight Howard was like a bad girlfriend. "You should know how I feel without me telling you! *runs off to Houston*"

well on the bright side my evil wall is gone which means my house is no longer evil

you owe me a wall and you're the one paying for it
Might as well add a new house on top of that, because the Temple of the Ancients is literally now a giant crater.
This reads like the ravings of a man who had too much sugar.

Quiet, you! You stole all our materia and I went through hell to get it back! >:|

Sonic 4 episode 1 and 2 are on the ouya now, what sucks is that episode 1 is the mobile version so shitty mine cart and pinball table included. Ep2 is the same as every other episode 2 and the HD version with all the visuals.

wow, episode 1 has really compressed textures for it's background and it runs at 30fps.

Got my new laptop today. Aside from some minor issues compared (like Windows 8), I am pleased with it so far.

Listening to the FFIX battle theme and the speakers are real nice. And the keyboard lights up and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Listen to that soundtrack on FLAC and hear the goodness...or if you're fortunate and have the physical copy, burn it to lossless for eternal musical goodness.

That reminds me the next Final Fantasy soundtrack I want is IV. Then I can get VII, VI, VIII and I'll be good.

Don't worry Meccanical, I'll always be direct with you, no matter where we are

iSYors1p5ZOAC.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
JC was right, man. Remember Me feels by-the-numbers in terms of being a game, but the Memory Remixes are actually good. The art is fantastic, and the world is so neat. It's just a bit of a shame that the game doesn't seem to be capitalizing on it so far. Like... it's weird that I'm playing on Memory Hunter, and it's posing little problems so far.

And...

Why are men so silly and aloof? They can never ever take a dang hint at all. >:|
I got a message from Bean stating how he took minor offense to the latter portion of this, too. Booooo, you guys are no fun.

Nah, just kidding. Dudes are awesome. Y'all just get on my nerves every now and then by not paying attention to certain things, but I can't expect you all to pay attention to implications, tone differences, and body language all the time since men and women just communicate differently. This is a fact.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just tell us what you want in explicit detail ladies.
Women like being subtle because sometimes some of them think they're being cute.

Other times, sometimes I certainly do feel like some of them are just being completely uncommunicative and I don't know what they want.

Somewhat topical, as we're on the subject of the other gender. Went to Chicken Out for dinner tonight; I was gonna do Five Guys, but when I found out the Chicken Out next door had reopened (it had shut down a year or so prior, and I figured that was the end of that), I hastily changed my plans to go there instead (turkey burgers are a lot healthier than Five Guys burgers, I'm certain). Fair enough meal.

But what really gets me is, as I'm leaving, this woman comes in from the front door and makes a beeline for the end of the line (well, I say "line", but it's 8:30PM, the place is practically empty). Inconveniently, this puts her directly in my path to the exit.

Now, at this point I'm not thinking anything of it at all. But as soon as I stretch my arms out (because, well, my arms needed a stretch), I swear I heard the woman belt out "get back!"

I mean, at first I thought she said "you're back!" - expressing her surprise that the store had reopened, much like I had - but I'm pretty sure this woman thought I was about to do something wholly inappropriate to her. By stretching my arms. Um.

I... didn't really stick around to figure out what was going on there. I mean, why should I? I was already heading to the door. But man, that weirded me out.

BlackJace

What I think happens is that men are so concerned with how the girl in question (or girls in general) views them, and are so caught up in her that it causes them to not pick up on signals. On the other side of the coin, the girl then thinks the guy isn't interested, or is just really REALLY oblivious, when in reality, they might be interested.

It's just a big ball of miscommunication.

What I think happens is that men are so concerned with how the girl in question (or girls in general) views them, and are so caught up in her that it causes them to not pick up on signals. On the other side of the coin, the girl then thinks the guy isn't interested, or is just really REALLY oblivious, when in reality, they might be interested.

Story of my highschool life. :/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hope TorontoGAF (Anth0ny) is doing alright. It's not flooding here, and we have power now. :x

But holy shit, insane. One of my friends said that one of the biggest train stations here was completely flooded and water was coming down the stairs. These pics are amazing, really.

And Beef, this is for you. This was taken earlier today, lol.

resizekey1e6a1a1efdb0l1sx9.jpg

If that's the case, I think guys really need to start being natural. Just say what you feel. Maybe I'm different from a lot of girls, but I'd rather you be blunt with me and say what's on your mind, even if it's probably going to hurt my feelings. I just want to know what's going on with you.

Sometimes it takes courage to be blunt, but sometimes you've gotta take the leap and be blunt. You feel better when you say what's on your mind, really.

Rlan

Grabbed both Sonic 4 Episodes from the Ouya Store to see how they stacked up.

S4E1 suffers from.. well, being an old Android release. The menus, backgrounds and UI are really low res while Sonic etc are HD models. Kind of like playing an iPhone-only game on an iPad. It also suffers from being the mobile version of the game, so when you go around a loop the whole world rotates around it. It's very disorientating.

S4E2 looks way nicer, just seems to run at a low, varying framerate. If they dropped the resolution from 1080p it'd probably be way better.

From this, the lack of an Ouya "start" button is frustrating, as there's no defined way to do it here. the Sonic games use the "U" button, which is the left-most button on the main controls.

It does claim that the Metal Sonic stuff will unlock if you have both. I imaging that looks way better in S4E2 than in E1.

Basically waiting for Taxman to release Sonic 1 and Sonic CD to show how this shit is really done!

qq more

ugh I forgot how awful the Steam port of SADX was. It still has framerate drops on a computer that can run Sonic Gen at 60fps

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Friggin' finally, Ao no Kiseki Evolution got announced. I've been waiting for that announcement since like... E3 or something. Too bad it's in 2014, and I'll have to wait to play Sen no Kiseki, but I'm so happy that I can finally play the thing!

Finished up the main Mario mode in Minis on the Move, and I'm about to beat Puzzle Palace. When I said puzzle games were like my crack and that's why I try not to play them often, I wasn't lying. I tear through these things whenever I get the chance and try to play them more than I probably should.

That fishing minigame wasn't the worst thing, though. I'd thought that I'd read complaints about that. It's kinda not that bad. The cube minigame is the best one out of all of them to me. Anyway, I'm glad Bean encouraged me to play it. It's better than I'd thought it was gonna be.

I've also been playing Project X Zone, and as I said in the Whatcha Been Playin' thread:
Project X Zone disappoints me in that I feel like it's too easy sometimes? I mean, yeah, I'm totally getting a lot out of the fanservice here but man I wish the game were a little better. I also got to the bit where you play as X and Zero for like one chapter and they take them away. :/
I've had the game freeze on me three times. I'm not the only one with this issue, either. I've seen a few people say that the game's frozen on them, and it started freezing up on Noi before I even started it. Urgh, frustrating sometimes.

Full Defends are just impractical unless you're really low on health, which isn't always. It's best to defend or counter whenever possible. I haven't discussed this with anyone else, really, but it just seems like the combat... feels passive sometimes? Outside of proper calling for support + single unit help at the right timing (ie: juggling, getting the right height/distance/knockback to make all of the attacks actually connect), I just feel like whatever I do sometimes doesn't matter. I dunno if Noi'll able to give a response since he'll be on his phone for most of the day tomorrow, but some of the early pair units not getting a freaking fourth attack until like level 17 is a complete bummer.

The game honestly feels like it should be played in short bursts because missions are generally repetitive. It's a shame, really. I'd heard that the game isn't that great, and I realized it wasn't going to be great outside of the nods to the series that everyone comes from (which I genuinely enjoy), but I didn't think it was going to be as easy as this, tbh. I feel like the game outstays its welcome at times despite using multi-attacks and XP items to make maps go along faster.

And... I feel like the sprites could be so much better in places. The sprites on the battle map can be better, and the sprites in-battle could use some tweaking. If anyone else (Pietepiet) is playing this, I'm guessing that they can offer more insight into that if they're seeing what I'm seeing here.

It's a so-so game is basically what I'm trying to say. I love it for the series references and most of the characters included because I recognize pretty much everyone. But there are some downsides to it as well. I also wish they'd kept the vocal OP theme in, since that made me super-hyped to play the game in the first place. What I love, though, is the game's appreciation for continuity. There is an attack reference to Xenosaga (I don't even like Xenosaga and I recognized that), X having a ton of attacks from X1-X4 (X3's Buster Upgrade, too, which is neato), Zero having his dash cancel from X4, Vile having some attacks from Maverick Hunter X, some references to some cutscenes from Resonance of Fate, tons of references to Misadventures of Tron Bonne... etc.

Just lotsa nice stuff. It's just too bad that the game itself is kinda mediocre and repetitive.

And the font they're using is kinda suck. >.>

Yay @ sales for The Last of Us and Little Witch Academia 2's Kickstarter being funded in under 6 hours!

Also started Rose of Versailles; pretty good this far. Plenty of lulz in it too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom