• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
I can't say I forgive them, that was an idiotic decision and the community had to 'fight' just for a Nintendo game to be streamed.

qq more

I haven't completely forgave them but I'm just surprised they've actually changed their mind. I expected them to be themselves and ignore all of the complaints (I'm more impressed at how quick they gave up). But yes, you're all right. It was completely unnecessary that this happened in the first place.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Like either Kamiya or Capcpom give a crap.

I haven't completely forgave them but I'm just surprised they've actually changed their mind. I expected them to be themselves and ignore all of the complaints (I'm more impressed at how quick they gave up). But yes, you're all right. It was completely unnecessary that this happened in the first place.
Because it would have been a PR nightmare. Friendly Nintendo of America certainly doesn't want to put on that facade for people who don't follow games news very much!

Add in the whole cancer research fundraising thing and cancelling something in relation to that would've been a disaster for them in terms of positive PR. Not that surprising at all.

BlackJace

You trying to get Smash banned permanently? This is like when they tried to sneak in outlawing slavery in the Declaration of Independence.

One step at a time, my brotha

LOL stop man, you're killing me. Fuck I wasn't expecting that.

I was JUST having a convo with my dad about that

TheOGB

Banned
This must be the most recent in a series of tests given to us by major publishers to see how much shit they can get away with, by announcing something terrible on purpose, then going back on it to look good

Wow, I guess I missed a lot while I was visiting some friends. Fucking Nintendo man, I swear to--
And Beef, this is for you. This was taken earlier today, lol.

resizekey1e6a1a1efdb0l1sx9.jpg
A canoe! :D

Noi

Hello from the middle of nowhere, Canada!

I'm at a point in PxZ where I've recruited every character and learned every attack. You'd think I'd be close to the end of the game by now, but this fucking "let's chase after Skeith" subquest won't fucking end and I'm already tired of fighting the same bosses every other level.

...Apparently I still have 10+ chapters to go. Buh.

BlackJace

Hello from the middle of nowhere, Canada!

I'm at a point in PxZ where I've recruited every character and learned every attack. You'd think I'd be close to the end of the game by now, but this fucking "let's chase after Skeith" subquest won't fucking end and I'm already tired of fighting the same bosses every other level.

...Apparently I still have 10+ chapters to go. Buh.

You know what's really getting old? The whole "start chapter with a reasonable amount of enemies, and then three turns later, BAM, boss introduction along with an additional 30 enemies and chapter title drop" thing. Every. Single. Stage.

Noi

You know what's really getting old? The whole "start chapter with a reasonable amount of enemies, and then three turns later, BAM, boss introduction along with an additional 30 enemies and chapter title drop" thing. Every. Single. Stage.

P. much. And I fall for it like a sucker every time.

"Huh, this chapter seems pretty reasonable for once, maybe it won't take a whole hour to be- wait has there been a title drop ye- oh god dammit its generic PxZ villain/Skeith/Lord Raptor/etc again"

Let's talk about good Sonic games
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is flat-out amazing on PC.

Although I don't recall A ranks being so easy. Yeah, I've failed a few times, and most of these GPs I'm pulling through by the skin of my teeth (it's astounding how many times I came in first overall for a GP considering the very few times in said GP I actually came in first), but I'm still getting a lot of A ranks on my first try.

It kind of annoys me that another guy I know on a different board is constantly moaning about how Sega hasn't released a game that's interested him in five years (other than PSO2, of which he has no faith in it coming to the West). I point out SaASRT, and how it was undergoing a free weekend at the time, and all he would say is "I don't even play Mario Kart anymore, so what's the point?"

(I did struggle to think of other good Sega games, though. He really hated Generations when I bought it for him, so Colors is probably similarly out - and outside of Sonic games, what do we have? Valkyria Chronicles? Yakuza? Binary Domain?)

Noi

It kind of annoys me that another guy I know on a different board is constantly moaning about how Sega hasn't released a game that's interested him in five years (other than PSO2, of which he has no faith in it coming to the West). I point out SaASRT, and how it was undergoing a free weekend at the time, and all he would say is "I don't even play Mario Kart anymore, so what's the point?"

(I did struggle to think of other good Sega games, though. He really hated Generations when I bought it for him, so Colors is probably similarly out - and outside of Sonic games, what do we have? Valkyria Chronicles? Yakuza? Binary Domain?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2D_Votd2Y&feature=youtube_gdata_player

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You have Virtua Fighter, the finest and most honest fighting game known to man.

I must also note that the guy's always been very cynical; he couldn't stand Sonic Adventure at launch. Most people agree the game hasn't aged well, but I'm not sure how many of them turned their noses up at it the day it came out...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I must also note that the guy's always been very cynical; he couldn't stand Sonic Adventure at launch. Most people agree the game hasn't aged well, but I'm not sure how many of them turned their noses up at it the day it came out...
Then it's not worth your time to make him think otherwise if he's going to continuously bellyache about something no matter what.

Finally saw Wreck-it Ralph; great movie, but I felt that they kinda used up all of the references in the first half and the second half kinda fell flat on the comedy.
I felt the same way when I saw it last year. Good movie, but I totally felt the same way with respect to the references and stuff.

WiR was awesome throughout, I don't know what you guys are talking about. We didn't really need those references to keep showing up, it isn't what the movie is about.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
To each their own, I guess. I dunno, when my ..bf... (lordy, I dunno what to call him anymore) I saw it and then discussed it in the dessert cafe, we just felt like the movie fell short towards the end. I mean, it's good, just... eh. I felt something was missing from it.

Also, I think I'm done with Project X Zone. I usually see games through to the end, but I can't handle the repetitiveness and length of combat. The phrase I like to use is "I like games that respect the player's time", and this doesn't seem to be respecting my time...
...because of nonsense like this. It's getting really really old.

With that said, Minis on the Move is really great. I dunno, I feel like I'm enjoying it more than I should. I'm finished two modes now. Gonna finish off the third. Dunno if I'm gonna touch Jungle Maze more in-depth because I kinda don't like the mode in general.

To each their own, I guess. I dunno, when my ...bf... (lordy, I dunno what to call him anymore) and I saw it and then discussed it in the dessert cafe, we just felt like the movie fell short towards the end. I mean, it's good, just... eh. I felt something was missing from it.

Also, I think I'm done with Project X Zone. I usually see games through to the end, but I can't handle the repetitiveness and length of combat. The phrase I like to use is "I like games that respect the player's time", and this doesn't seem to be respecting my time...

...because of nonsense like this. It's getting really really old.

With that said, Minis on the Move is really great. I dunno, I feel like I'm enjoying it more than I should.

I still don't get it...just what was missing from it? What were you expecting/what were you wanting from the latter half?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom