• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Aha, man this article that Noi had forwarded me a long time ago is incredibly interesting, making reference to how songs composed in Asia have certain chord progressions that make them distinguishable.

Even without lyrics, it sounded like a typical J-pop song.

Also, yo, PhantomOfTheKnight, if you start saying that XSEED should localize Zero/Ao before localizing SC/3rd, I'm going to give you a smack. The Kiseki games don't freaking work that way at all and I don't get why people are like, "lol, let's skip two crucial games in a series in terms of narrative standpoints and character evolution so we can get two games where we'll be completely lost as to why these characters are showing up in this capacity". I kinda get where everyone else who played the other games in the series is coming from with respect to that now. It's actually driving me up the wall, and I think it's partially due to not having a lot of sleep under my belt today and thus being incredibly cranky.

BlackJace

Project X Zone is everything I expected it to be. Repetitive, not challenging, grindy. But that really doesn't get to me since I play it in short bursts, as muscling through will make you one burned out camper. Is it the best game ever? Hell no. Is it a great game? Nope. Is it okay? Even that's debatable. Point is, I'm enjoying my time with it, but I cannot stress enough ( as I do in the OT), to know what you're getting into first.

I don't regret the purchase at all, it makes for a perfect hold over until Megaten IV.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I am not in a good mood, lest I say something that I'm going to regret, but man Project X Zone is mechanically boring. That's solely what I'm disappointed with (though I should have expected it with NxC) and the poor QA doesn't help.

I'm started to get stressed out again, so... ugh. Just feeling down. I forgot to pay off something for school, so I can't register for classes today. Some other issues that've cropped up in the past few days or so already had me feeling down. Yesterday really didn't fucking help in the slightest.

And then I got so angry that I broke one of my favourite pens that I've had for years. Fantastic.

Also, yo, PhantomOfTheKnight, if you start saying that XSEED should localize Zero/Ao before localizing SC/3rd, I'm going to give you a smack. The Kiseki games don't freaking work that way at all and I don't get why people are like, "lol, let's skip two crucial games in a series in terms of narrative standpoints and character evolution so we can get two games where we'll be completely lost as to why these characters are showing up in this capacity". I kinda get where everyone else who played the other games in the series is coming from with respect to that now. It's actually driving me up the wall, and I think it's partially due to not having a lot of sleep under my belt today and thus being incredibly cranky.

I never did it before, why would I start now? I've been actively avoiding Kiseki threads because of it.

I bought Project X Zone knowing full well I was going to be buying it primarily for the fanservice (The characters from different companies interacting with each other type of fanservice, not the shit ton of jiggling cleavage shots type), and that the main game was repetitive, grindy, and simply, not all that great. Is that shallow of me? Probably. But I'm such a sucker for crossover games that I was going to end up picking this up anyway.

I am not in a good mood, lest I say something that I'm going to regret, but man Project X Zone is mechanically boring. That's solely what I'm disappointed with (though I should have expected it with NxC) and the poor QA doesn't help.

I'm started to get stressed out again, so... ugh. Just feeling down. I forgot to pay off something for school, so I can't register for classes today. Some other issues that've cropped up in the past few days or so already had me feeling down. Yesterday really didn't fucking help in the slightest.

And then I got so angry that I broke one of my favourite pens that I've had for years. Fantastic.

Lately, when I've been irritated or just flat out mad about shit, I get a snack, find the funniest movie/stand-up comedy I can think of within reach and just watch that. Actually works out well most of the time.

PKrockin

Lately, when I've been irritated or just flat out mad about shit, I get a snack, find the funniest movie/stand-up comedy I can think of within reach and just watch that. Actually works out well most of the time.

Yeah, Dark Schala, you like Let's Plays. Try this one. It's a buggy disaster of a game played by a guy with the most awesome French Canadian accent ever, tripping over his own imperfect English trying to keep up with all the stupid things happening. It really gets ridiculous in level 2 (Skull Caverns) and 3 (Ruined Temple)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l9TSESBoYA

this is the real reason why you said you don't want us to hear your voice. you have a french canadian accent don't you

Tizoc

I've been wondering about something lately:
In Sonic 1, Eggman's theme was very omnious and dread inducing, whereas in Sonic 2 it felt more like 'his theme'.
Is there an interview with music team on Sonic 1 and on Sonic 2 about how they went about making music for the games?

Guys this isn't a day to be miserable, it's a day to celebrate, another year has gone by and I've accomplished nothing! I've got a streak going on here, YEAH!

...okay i'll join the misery, the sonic cake is right, God is dead.

PKrockin

Speaking of Robotnik themes, is Sonic 2006 the game that introduced the awful Eggman theme used in Unleashed and Colors? Because... it's awful. Really awful. It feels like a 5 second loop. I'll take his Adventure or Adventure 2 theme any day. At least those were appropriately mechanical sounding.

Yet another reason for that game to be purged from history.

I hope things start looking up for everyone. :/ If' you all need to vent, feel free to do so or PM it to someone or whatever. I know it helped me out when things weren't going so great for me either.

Speaking of Robotnik themes, is Sonic 2006 the game that introduced the awful Eggman theme used in Unleashed and Colors? Because... it's awful. Really awful. It feels like a 5 second loop. I'll take his Adventure or Adventure 2 theme any day. At least those were appropriately mechanical sounding.

Yet another reason for that game to be purged from history.

Yeah, it's weird how that theme's ended up becoming something of a leitmotif for him. Kind of a shame, since the actual boss mixes from 06 were far and away the better versions of that track.

All CRT TVs have been outlawed, gaming can only be done on HDTVs

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but hey, you'll save money on those S-Video to RGB converters now
Actually, if this made getting an XRGB cheaper, I'm not sure I'd be so down on it.

I mean, you'd lose light-gun games, which is kind of a big deal, but I rarely played those.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Don't know if this has been posted. https://mobile.twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/354661737414410240

How can I display the text without the need to click the link?
We actually did have embed tweets enabled on GAF when the new layout was rolled out, but people started abusing them and the feature was taken away very quickly.

Just PrtSc it, and edit it in paint if you can, then upload it, like so:

VoHz6ea.png

That's a good way of dealing with it. I usually try to find things that make me chuckle a lot.

Someone messaged me, talked to me for a while, and cheered me up like he usually does when he gets the chance. And then I did something that made us start laughing for like 10 minutes. It's the littlest, stupidest thing to get into hysterics about, but God, it cheered me up so much. And then he made me laugh even more, and I'm just so happy that he was there. He's probably reading this right now feeling all proud of himself. :p

Yeah, Dark Schala, you like Let's Plays. Try this one. It's a buggy disaster of a game played by a guy with the most awesome French Canadian accent ever, tripping over his own imperfect English trying to keep up with all the stupid things happening. It really gets ridiculous in level 2 (Skull Caverns) and 3 (Ruined Temple)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l9TSESBoYA

this is the real reason why you said you don't want us to hear your voice. you have a french canadian accent don't you
Oh nooooo, I live near Toronto so I don't have a French Canadian accent at aaaaallllllll. Nah, parts of SonicGAF has heard my voice before, and it's passable (also cheek-pinching-worthy according to Lightning Lord, but no one listens to him).

Is that Psychedelic Eyeball? Yessss, it is. Thank you! I haven't seen this one before. :)

Guys this isn't a day to be miserable, it's a day to celebrate
WAIT A MINUTE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NOCTURNOWL!

Have some awesome music to celebrate!

ALSO SOME GUY'S CAKE.

rjstc.jpg

Sciz

I've been wondering about something lately:
In Sonic 1, Eggman's theme was very omnious and dread inducing, whereas in Sonic 2 it felt more like 'his theme'.
Is there an interview with music team on Sonic 1 and on Sonic 2 about how they went about making music for the games?

There's this, but it doesn't go into detail.

Speaking of Robotnik themes, is Sonic 2006 the game that introduced the awful Eggman theme used in Unleashed and Colors?

Yeah. Every single time you hear it is a Hideaki Kobayashi track.

I thought Project X Zone, based on the demos I played, seemed kind of rough. The second demo, where you face Dural at the end, was terrifying because she basically destroyed half my characters in one shot each.

WAIT A MINUTE

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NOCTURNOWL!

Have some awesome music to celebrate!

ALSO SOME GUY'S CAKE.

http://abload.de/img/rjstc.jpg[img][/indent][/QUOTE]
The biggest surprise here is that I wasn't swerved by some Sonic Chronicles music, truly the greatest gift of all.

That Mario and Sonic cake is probably more appealing than the next Mario & Sonic game.
Well that guys name has the last two letters right, close enough.

[quote="ViewtifulJC, post: 69186706"]Owl, I've got sexy pics ready for your b-day buddy, I'm wearing DK's tie[SPOILER][I] and nothing else[/I][/SPOILER]

PM sent, enjoy[/QUOTE]
oh mercy, even the hair has been styled appropriately into Kong's coconut look, you guys must be green with envy right now that you can't see these saucy snaps.​

NoA has lost it's mind. No Melee streaming at Evo. REALLY?

Sakurai sent them a cease & desist letter, stop playing Smash competitively

Fans raised $90k for breast cancer research to get the game featured, turned out in DROVES for the largest Melee tournament ever, and Nintendo decides that it would be a bad idea to allow people all over the world to watch this event.

they lucky they sometimes make some really good games, cuz goddamn are they some backward-ass fucks

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I thought Project X Zone, based on the demos I played, seemed kind of rough. The second demo, where you face Dural at the end, was terrifying because she basically destroyed half my characters in one shot each.
I haven't played the demo, but generally, if you keep healed up, use XP items, and keep your characters together adequately to get a support attack + solo assist in, it's okay. Using TP% skills usually works. Some characters have global heals that should be taken advantage of, but the best thing is to get rid of enemies asap. Perhaps the demos were like all RPG demos: not being representative of the game in general.

The biggest surprise here is that I wasn't swerved by some Sonic Chronicles music, truly the greatest gift of all.

That Mario and Sonic cake is probably more appealing than the next Mario & Sonic game.
Well that guys name has the last two letters right, close enough.
My name is not Professor Beef. :)

And yeah, I like the bottom of the cake with Luigi just being there for no reason. Hahaha. It made me laugh.

NoA has lost it's mind. No Melee streaming at Evo. REALLY?
I was just coming here to say, "What the fuck, Nintendo? What are you doing?" I actually watch EVO, so actually watching footage and understanding why you guys sing praises about it would've happened had it not been for Nintendo's... whatever they did. What are they thinking, really?

EDIT: Noi even brought up that they raised money for Smash to be at EVO for a charity event. Um.

I think Nintendo needs to get better PR. And by better PR, I mean PR that works better in conjunction with the internet/internet lifestyles.

I noticed the paywall on Something Awful was lifted.

So I've spent almost all day reading their Steam Greenlight thread.

Only 34 pages in out of 155, and wow at a lot of the crap they've stumbled upon. It's pretty hilarious!

Noi

Nintendumb.

PxZ drowns you in healing items and you can use as many as you want per turn, even using them on other people. It's pretty easy.

qq more

So I've spent almost all day reading their Steam Greenlight thread.

Only 34 pages in out of 155, and wow at a lot of the crap they've stumbled upon. It's pretty hilarious!

Wait what?

oh and Nintendo can go fuck themselves

Sakurai sent them a cease & desist letter, stop playing Smash competitively

Fans raised $90k for breast cancer research to get the game featured, turned out in DROVES for the largest Melee tournament ever, and Nintendo decides that it would be a bad idea to allow people all over the world to watch this event.

they lucky they sometimes make some really good games, cuz goddamn are they some backward-ass fucks

Nintendo is fucking stupid.

Not even Square Enix would be that dumb.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Recorded 30+ minutes of Tales of Xillia footage, and the AI still didn't do what I wanted them to do (ie: use the chance-based skills when you're linked to them and not manually controlling them). Oh well. But wow, the capture card works and records fantastically. I got most of the footage I had wanted for gifs/screenshots for the OT. Might have to re-record Elise's stuff because I believe I had Tipo On/Off disabled and that defeats the purpose of the Elise stuff. I should probably get around to typing the stuff out and getting it out of the way ASAP.

Yeah, thank goodness. There were some LPs I wanted to catch up on for a while, but the darn paywall was an unwanted obstruction.

Nintendo is fucking stupid.

Not even Square Enix would be that dumb.
Yeah, I doubt even SE would be all, "No recordings of Dissidia allowed because lawyering! Please be excited for Dissidia 3!"

Kokonoe

Banned
I was going to stay out of this thread to avoid Sonic Lost World spoilers, but I just want to vent here that Nintendo has truly done one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen in the gaming industry.

It's like that battle with Game Genie that they lost back in the day, but like a billion times worse. There is no logical sense to be had here, and I have endured quite a bit of their bull on their consoles for far too long for me to accept this.

It's like we can only enjoy their games the way they want us to.

Kokonoe

Banned
And why this late in the first place? It's like they deliberately went out of their way to make the worst of the situation.

People have been rounding up money, planning how they can get rides and plane tickets to EVO.

iavi

I was going to stay out of this thread to avoid Sonic Lost World spoilers, but I just want to vent here that Nintendo has truly done one of the most idiotic things I've ever seen in the gaming industry.

It's like that battle with Game Genie that they lost back in the day, but like a billion times worse. There is no logical sense to be had here, and I have endured quite a bit of their bull on their consoles for far too long for me to accept this.

Has Lost World leaked or something for there to be spoilers floating around?

qq more

Seriously, it is absolutely fucking baffling they would do something like this.

Their next big game of the franchise is coming out next year for a console that's DYING, and they just pissed off the very fanbase. They could've leave it be so more people will be exposed to the franchise. They could've let the community grow and have a bigger presence in the fighting scene. It would've probably help make Smash Bros a valid fighter to many naysayers' eyes. This would've probably helped sales of SSB4 by a notable margin thanks to the exposure.

But no, they don't want to do that because they're selfish. They've screwed over everyone that was looking forward to the SSBM streams. Thousands of people were going to watch that. And they just say flat out reject the very idea of Smash Bros being streamed to a huge crowd for no real reason.

What is the fucking gain from this, Nintendo? Really? What is the loss of Smash Bros being streamed? I don't get it. I don't get half of the things you do anymore. I recall Iwata saying the Wii U is suppose to bring back the hardcore gamers but they're doing an absolutely terrible job at that for many reasons. And this is seriously not helping them.

Ridiculous.

iavi

No, the correct term would be "Media Blackout"

When games I an highly anticipating are coming out, I usually avoid all details. Spoilers probably wasn't the best word but it was the closest.

Oh, I see.

Had me searching for gameplay vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom