• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
evo13-smashsalt-starth0kre.gif
So much salt.

Were they told in advance that it was 2/3 vs 3/5? Or was that just an unwritten rule thing?

Dropping in for a bit...

Those matches were so sweet. Melee matches always get me so tense - my right hand is sort of numb now from squeezing it, lol.

I would've flipped so much if Wobbles actually had won, but I guess you can't win 'em all. Congrats to Mango *clap clap clap*

Lot of July birthdays in this thread. >_>

Mine's on Tuesday.
I'll be here to drop dat shoutout!
Mines next Saturday
You too!
I am done with Sonic if they add those dumb satam characters.
I'm with you on that plan. Fuck Satam/Archie.
Except Sally... she can stay. The rest of these bitches gotta go!

STICK THROWING OUTSIDE OF MAHVEL

Fuuuuuuuuuck, so goooood.

I feel bad for Smash cuz it has to come after that. That's why KoFXIII is like my favourite game of EVO, no matter what--just because the players just know their shit, the animations are so hot, and there's more than one background. Even over SF4. I think this year's topped last year's.

-sits in the back of the room, thumbs up with nodding approval- Schala you the motherfucking truF.

I love SonicGAF.

qq more

I'd be happier with SATAM characters than the majority of the cast from the newer games. Fuck Silver

...Actually come to think of it. There's a lot of characters I dislike but Rouge and Silver are the only ones I actually hate. :lol

gwiz210

Idk if this is appropriate for this topic (mods feel free to delete if so) but I thought you might all appreciate that my band collaborated with Jun Senoue. He's the audio director for the Sonic Adventure games, Heroes, Shadow, and various other things in the franchise. He's also in Crush 40.

The album can be heard here: http://sunnysideupska.bandcamp.com
The song is track 8, Dead Society. The guitar solos are him, it sounds very distinctly adventure-era sonic.

Idk if this is appropriate for this topic (mods feel free to delete if so) but I thought you might all appreciate that my band collaborated with Jun Senoue. He's the audio director for the Sonic Adventure games, Heroes, Shadow, and various other things in the franchise. He's also in Crush 40.

The album can be heard here: http://sunnysideupska.bandcamp.com
The song is track 8, Dead Society. The guitar solos are him, it sounds very distinctly adventure-era sonic.

Cool. I'll give it a listen once EVO is over.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wheeee~ I'm through Green Hill Z... no wait it just says Green Hill. How come Tails acted like he didn't recognize the place? He had to be there at least half a dozen times by now given how many games its featured in! The collectables must be well hidden since I didn't find a single one in either act. btw whats up with moving right onto the next level without a boss fight?? That's not the Sonic I know!

Wheeee~ I'm through Green Hill Z... no wait it just says Green Hill. How come Tails acted like he didn't recognize the place? He had to be there at least half a dozen times by now given how many games its featured in! The collectables must be well hidden since I didn't find a single one in either act. btw whats up with moving right onto the next level without a boss fight?? That's not the Sonic I know!

As far as the actual main console games go, Tails has never been to Green Hill.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Chemical Plant Zone finished! I did the Act 2 before 1 now which is madness by my standards. Didn't feel much different from GH an I'm not a fan of music cutting out when underwater but I did get a funny moment of regular Sonic facing the screen while going down a ramp lol. I wanna buy that Genesis thing but I keep spending my moneys on 1ups x.x Still no boss so this games officially borked an whats with all this space ta run an jump around for??

As far as the actual main console games go, Tails has never been to Green Hill.
They can't go referencing some non-main games an not others! Tails was there in Sonic Battle and at least one of the Advance games retcons be damned >.>

Tails has bad memory after being sent out by Sonic to take out whatever threat lies ahead, too many hits with those pods from the Metropolis boss will do that to a fox.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
YOU GUYS

THAT MAHVEL FINAL

Also yeah, KI looked meh. I do not want to hear "combo breaker" for the next month.

Chemical Plant Zone finished! I did the Act 2 before 1 now which is madness by my standards. Didn't feel much different from GH an I'm not a fan of music cutting out when underwater but I did get a funny moment of regular Sonic facing the screen while going down a ramp lol. I wanna buy that Genesis thing but I keep spending my moneys on 1ups x.x Still no boss so this games officially borked an whats with all this space ta run an jump around for??
You're free to get a game over if you want because you'll get 5 lives back anyway. You'll get more red rings as you probably get more skills (which makes it easier to get them). Learning the ways to get to some of the multiple paths which have some red rings is also a good thing.

Bosses are actually set at the end of each era. So when you finish Sky Sanctuary, you'll have to do some of the special stages to unlock the bosses. The world/white space map is just there for your to chase around music notes and stuff when you finish off special stages, or to get to certain special stages.

And yeah, do Act 2 before Act 1 because Classic Sonic's reactions are funnier than Modern Sonic's.

TheOGB

Banned
Was that the best EVO? It could be hype still flowing, but that was a damn good EVO.

James Chen is crying. Best EVO.

Waifu love pillow from P4A community to Mr. Wizard. Welp.

Was that the best EVO? It could be hype still flowing, but that was a damn good EVO.

Waifu love pillow from P4A to Mr. Wizard. Welp.

Nearly everything was hype. Smash was fucking great, Street Fighter was awesome, and Marvel damn near gave me a heart attack. I think I barely survived that Cloud805 v. Wong match.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Dat oil.

Waifu love pillow from P4A community to Mr. Wizard. Welp.
Seth was on the verge of tears, too. :lol

My fave moments were the KoF finals, the Mahvel Top 8, learning why people like Melee so much, realizing that the Ice Climbers were like Dante's Doppelganger style, watching Xian have neat style, and a buncha other stuff.

Oh, snap. EVO Japan possible?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nintendo could've appeared at EVO. Saved the Mega Man reveal trailer for EVO. Could've made people buy into the hype. Maybe showed some Smash 4 gameplay.

But nooooooooo. Ruining the brand.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Literally lol'ed at the thought of Nintendo actually intelligently marketing stuff.
Nintendo Directs are masterful marketing tools for people who do not follow social media actively, are not home during the day, and for those who don't stay glued to the internet often.

What are you talking about?

Nintendo Directs are masterful marketing tools for people who do not follow social media actively, are not home during the day, and for those who don't stay glued to the internet often.

What are you talking about?

Fair enough, Nintendo Direct slipped my mind.

Was speaking more about Smash in particular, though. Having it at Evo (along with a reveal) would have been great for them, especially in light of the Melee drama, and especially since it'd be a great way to capitalize on the crazy hype said tournament had. There's so many obvious, but beneficial steps they can take with getting the hardcore on board in regards to Smash 4, but I don't see them ever taking them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fair enough, Nintendo Direct slipped my mind.

Was speaking more about Smash in particular, though. Having it at Evo (along with a reveal) would have been great for them, especially in light of the Melee drama, and especially since it'd be a great way to capitalize on the crazy hype said tournament had. There's so many obvious, but beneficial steps they can take with getting the hardcore on board in regards to Smash 4, but I don't see them ever taking them.
I... was joking. >.>

I honestly think Nintendo Directs, as being one of the more crucial points of getting information about games from Nintendo (especially as a substitute for an E3 conference) is kinda bogus. Now, Nintendo Directs every quarter/bimonthly? That's ok. For new trailers and stuff. But the E3 thing? Nah, man. That was bs.

But having Smash at Evo would've been so good for them. Good publicity for the FGC. Good publicity for them in general. Maybe trying to take into consideration what the top Melee players want to be implemented in Smash 4 like other companies seem to do with Marvel/SF4, etc? It's a win-win situation for them, and I have no idea why they hadn't taken a step forward with this at all. It's completely silly on their part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom