• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I... was joking. >.>

I honestly think Nintendo Directs, as being one of the more crucial points of getting information about games from Nintendo (especially as a substitute for an E3 conference) is kinda bogus. Now, Nintendo Directs every quarter/bimonthly? That's ok. For new trailers and stuff. But the E3 thing? Nah, man. That was bs.

But having Smash at Evo would've been so good for them. Good publicity for the FGC. Good publicity for them in general. Maybe trying to take into consideration what the top Melee players want to be implemented in Smash 4 like other companies seem to do with Marvel/SF4, etc? It's a win-win situation for them, and I have no idea why they hadn't taken a step forward with this at all. It's completely silly on their part.

It's nearly 3 AM and my mind's still trying to process this past EVO. My sarcasm/humor detector's all but busted, haha.

For fun?

What is this "fun"?

The Smash players looked like they were the most serious out of everyone, I felt. Everyone else was all :D *handshake* after winning/losing in Marvel/SF4/P4A/KoF, etc.

Well Schala, "F" is for friends who do stuff together. "U" is for "you" and me. "N" is for "aNywhere" and aNytime at all

DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEAAAAA

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Poor Noi also missed out on this: Killer Instinct and Xbox One Get Booed at EVO 2013

Also FinestKO's streaming stuff still http://www.twitch.tv/finestko/

Well Schala, "F" is for friends who do stuff together. "U" is for "you" and me. "N" is for "aNywhere" and aNytime at all

DOWN HERE IN THE DEEP BLUE SEAAAAA
"F" is for frolicking through all the flowers~ "U" is for Ukulele. "N" is for nose picking, chewing gum and sand licking here with my best buddy Beefy!

I USED TO HAVE THIS CUTE SPONGEBOB BEANIE BABY AND IT WAS SO CUTE. I don't know where it is. ;-;

"F" is for frolicking through all the flowers~ "U" is for Ukulele. "N" is for nose picking, chewing gum and sand licking here with my best buddy Beefy!

I USED TO HAVE THIS CUTE SPONGEBOB BEANIE BABY AND IT WAS SO CUTE. I don't know where it is. ;-;

This one?

QJgyRYs.jpg

Also, I would shake hands with people after matches but I wouldn't be all ":D" afterwards. :lol

Noi

I can't even watch the anime suite cause the twitch app is a pizza shit with no search function. Fuck twitch.

Ah well, the two days I was at EVO were pretty hype. Wish I had been there for Day 3, but I'm thankful enough that my family trip aligning with EVO was a happy coincidence.

TheOGB

Banned
I can't even watch the anime suite cause the twitch app is a pizza shit with no search function. Fuck twitch.
I know where that came from and I had to read that more than once before I got it

It felt like the first time all over again

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This one?
How did you know?!

How?! D:

Ah well, the two days I was at EVO were pretty hype. Wish I had been there for Day 3, but I'm thankful enough that my family trip aligning with EVO was a happy coincidence.
What about Stream Chat? Phantom advertised it in here earlier, and it's worked kinda nicely for me.

I asked about this in the "stupid gaming questions that don't deserve their own thread", and I was told I would get a better response here. So, here goes:

I was wondering... why does everyone go gaga over Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone music? That was one of my least favorite tracks in the game, with me preferring the songs in Angel Island Zone, Hydrocity Zone, Launch Base Zone, Flying Battery Zone, etc.

I just don't get it. The song barely has a beat to go along to it and is also rather repetitive. There are also plenty of ice levels in the future games that, in my opinion, feature more memorable music, most notably Diamond Dust Zone in Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis).

qq more

NO HOW DARE YOU DISLIKE THE SONGSDF;GJSD;LSDKLGHSDLASASG;KLA
AH
ADH'
ADHSDKS;L
GH
hadh
s
jhsdhl'sd;'sdhl

just kidding

It's all about preference. It's not my favorite song, but there is a merit to it. I mean it's a pretty relaxing song (not to mention kind of catchy).

But yeah I'm a bigger fan of Diamond Dust's music.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ice Cap is generally beloved because of the sound samples and bassline for one. It also sounds like Smooth Criminal or Who Is It.

Even not knowing that when I was younger, I did fall for the bassline.
Ice Cap Act 1 - Bass & Percussion
Ice Cap Act 2 - Bass & Percussion

I don't think I've ever found out, since I inquired when I was like 4, why the tag on Beanie Babies say 'ty'
Named after this dude.

But yeah I'm a bigger fan of Diamond Dust's music.
Which version of Diamond Dust, though?

Saturn
Genesis

I feel like the only person on the planet that actually likes the S&K Collection Ice Cap music.

I don't think I've ever found out, since I inquired when I was like 4, why the tag on Beanie Babies say 'ty'

Always wondered this, too. My grandmother used to collect them, so some of the closets would be full of boxes with TY tags sticking out of 'em.

Ice Cap is generally beloved because the sound samples and bassline for one. It also sounds like Smooth Criminal or Who Is It.

Even not knowing that when I was younger, I did fall for the bassline.
Ice Cap Act 1 - Bass & Percussion
Ice Cap Act 2 - Bass & Percussion

Named after this dude.

Which version of Diamond Dust, though?

Hm, no wonder. I don't care at all about the bass or any percussion instrument, really. I pretty much focus on the melody (along with any harmony that goes along with it), and Ice Cap Zone doesn't really deliver on that at all for me.

Kokonoe

Banned
Swag.

joH3BpC.png

And I still have never played Majora's Mask, think I'll play it soon since I don't want to wait another year for a remaster, if it happens.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ugh, I ask myself why I get platinum status every year. I have Majora's Mask's soundtrack already. Posters... are... uh, I don't have room for them. I have those other games already. I actually would've taken a statue at this rate.

Strongly considering giving my prize to someone else, and I have the people in mind already.

Tizoc

Sonic 1 ios plays so gooooooooood. Wish itd get released on steam at least.
If only sony can be as lenient with some of the big devs as they with indies....

I never make Platinum because I'm a pushover that always gives away my CN codes.

Hell, I think my JP CN account has more credit than my US account, heh. Too bad the JP one doesn't have many downloadable games. (Something I'm really glad the US version implemented)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Hell, I think my JP CN account has more credit than my US account, heh. Too bad the JP one doesn't have many downloadable games. (Something I'm really glad the US version implemented)
Can we order stuff from JP CN if we wanted to, or do we need a Japanese address for it? Because I have a ton of points for that stuff.

Heck, I think I have some Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland + Xenoblade + Last Window points for EU CN but I dunno if I can use them.

I never make Platinum because I'm a pushover that always gives away my CN codes.

I already platinumed myself for this year lol.

Can we order stuff from JP CN if we wanted to, or do we need a Japanese address for it? Because I have a ton of points for that stuff.

Heck, I think I have some Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland + Xenoblade + Last Window points for EU CN but I dunno if I can use them.

Pretty sure you have to have a Japanese address. I'm not sure if something like a deputy service would work though, since I've never ordered any physical goods from there. (Which sucks, because there's been quite a few rewards I wouldn't mind snagging, particularly the soundtracks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom