• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, the price is upped because it comes bundled with Mario and Luigi RPG 4. I was looking at this Mickey Mouse one, which looks like it has a tasteful cover, but then I'm like, "What would I even do with the game that comes with it?"

I think I might go for the DQ Monsters one because it looks soooo cuuuuuute.

I just hope it's still in stock by the time I get to ordering it because I do want to prioritize getting a Wii U first.

Such lies!
Hahahahahaaaa.

BlackJace

I wish more people realize that Lost World looks less "pretty" than Generations and Unleashed because of the difference in art style. Gens and Unleashed went for the realistic look, while LW is more cartoonish.

And I'll take that considering LW looks sharper, more vibrant and will run at a non-janky framerate.

Thanks. I'll be sure to enjoy this DAMN 28th birthday.
I already forgot I was 23.

Why are Sonic threads such a tragedy?

Anatomy of Sonic Threads
  • Classic Fans that just won't let go.
  • Modern Fans that gotta put up with the Classic Fans shit.
  • The overly optimistic.
  • Trolls who just have nothing better to do, but wish either death of the franchise or make fun of it for 2004-2006.
  • People who just want a good DAMN Sonic game.
  • Archie/SatAM fans
  • The creepy side of the fanbase. (If you know what I mean)
  • The illiterate.
  • Arc Christelle - Hates everybody and considers his arrogant ass opinion superior above others.

Am I missing anything?

--------
Speaking of Damning, QQ I see what you meant about the multiplayer during Sky Fortress Zone. But God damn that music was so good. I was impressed.

I still haven't completed it yet (getting those Cows Emeroos is one hell of a challenge. Multiplayer would definitely come in handy. But I got two more to go.)

However the repeated playthroughs make me enjoy the game even more so I'm satisfied.

Also, the new Colors Lost World video got me more enthusiastic about the game, may not be the Unleashed speed I love, but it's a decent pace and is starting to look fun tho. Ass for those Bosses.... while their design isn't bad..... it's so out of place it's killing me. Even watching the red guy give his monologue, my response was "Dafuq you doing here?"

EDIT:
I wish more people realize that Lost World looks less "pretty" than Generations and Unleashed because of the difference in art style. Gens and Unleashed went for the realistic look, while LW is more cartoonish.

Unleashed Level Aesthetics > LW. Although I'm sure they'll both be good games, I enjoy when Sonic tries to blend in both. I wish they would attept Cell Shade though. It'd look so damn good. lol I almost touched myself.

The IGN video trailer IQ is always so...low-res, like what the fuck. So was the intial trailer. Gonna hope that's just on Sega's end fucking up the coding and not the power of the Wii-U

BlackJace

The IGN video trailer IQ is always so...low-res, like what the fuck. So was the intial trailer. Gonna hope that's just on Sega's end fucking up the coding and not the power of the Wii-U

I'm convinced IGN doesn't know their way around a computer. Their mobile app, and mobile site itself are garbage.

qq more

Anatomy of Sonic Threads
  • Classic Fans that just won't let go.
  • Modern Fans that gotta put up with the Classic Fans shit.

I'd really appreciate it if we don't refer to them as Classic Fans. I'd rather called them lapsed fans. I'm a bigger fan of the classic games than the modern games but even I like half of the Modern games like Adventure and the last 2 games.

This is my problem with some of the people in that thread, they generalize classic fans and it honestly irritates me.

TheOGB

Banned
"Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you just accept that, lie down and die."

what the fuck, man

Dude even sounds like Dan Green a little

"Your fate is to be destroyed. Why don't you just accept that, lie down and die."

what the fuck, man

I know! Since when do people die in a Sonic game?

That was way more sinister than I was expecting, but I like that.

Er. I don't really like the notion of singling out other members in this thread at all. :/
Disagree, for the most part. I think more people should be called out in order to be held accountable for their bullshit. Though it should be in the specific thread and not in his particular one, I suppose.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...For fear of being argued with, I really think Operation Rainfall doesn't research the games they try to organize a campaign around localizing at all.

For instance:
  • Genso Suikoden: Woven Web of a Century: Good ideas, bad execution, extremely budget and very average; lol this game had no budget and Konami gave 0 fucks when developing it. My impressions here.
  • Valkyria Chronicles 3: It is getting a fantranslation that's apparently halfway done, homebrew on PSP is ridiculously easy, and like Sega will weigh the pros and cons of the cost to localize a PSP game on a digital service for a platform that's kinda lagging in the west
  • Yakuza 5: I have little qualms with this one and it's one I'd like to see localized. But with the company they chose? Probably not.
  • Yakuza 1+2 HD: Little qualms with as well, but I wonder if Sega will ever feel the need to localize it themselves when they get out of their little financial rut; Sega's playing it safe right now with respect to spending, and it's benefitting them quite a bit right now
  • Shining Hearts PSP: I think this says it all right here
  • Beyond the Labyrinth: A legitimately good soundtrack, with a good battle system, but outstays its welcome in the long run and becomes incredibly repetitive towards the end, apparently. A better 3DS game to go for would probably be Fantasy Life.
Not to mention that the localization company they've partnered with has an odd résumé, and were responsible for the hilarious Wild Arms 2 localization. And the voicework in Enchanted Arms was hilarious too when I played it.

So... I dunno. The whole thing just boggles my mind.

I'm also on break for now at work, so I haven't seen this Lost World thread you guys mentioned. Rest assured I'm going to read it when I get home and be disgusted with the rest of you.

BlackJace

Man, its rough in that thread. You would think with the general apathy around Sonic around GAF, the thread wouldn't attract so many animated people, but damn.

Man, its rough in that thread. You would think with the general apathy around Sonic around GAF, the thread wouldn't attract so many animated people, but damn.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. Guess it goes hand in hand with more people actually caring about the series these days.

CorvoSol

Bought Sonic Generations in the steam sale, I did. Now I have to learn how to mod so I can get the Unleashed levels added in. Is it hard to put that mod on?

Sciz

Bought Sonic Generations in the steam sale, I did. Now I have to learn how to mod so I can get the Unleashed levels added in. Is it hard to put that mod on?

There's a straightforward application bundled with it that puts everything where it needs to be and toggles mod content on and off.

TheOGB

Banned
I wish Club Nintendo had better Elite rewards, or the 3DS had more Virtual Console games. I already got Smash 64 with coins, and Sakura Samurai looks alright, but I don't think it'll hold me for long. Guess I'll go with Link's Awakening then since I've been wanting some NES/GB style games to play lately (also got Mega Man 9 and 10 on XBL sale today).

Edit: Oh god, immediate GBC nostalgia ಥ_ಥ

GAMERG0D

I wish Club Nintendo had better Elite rewards, or the 3DS had more Virtual Console games. I already got Smash 64 with coins, and Sakura Samurai looks alright, but I don't think it'll hold me for long. Guess I'll go with Link's Awakening then since I've been wanting some NES/GB style games to play lately (also got Mega Man 9 and 10 on XBL sale today).
They've dropped the ball recently on those prizes, pretty disappointing. I went with the soundtrack because I got posters last time and MM has the best soundtrack in the series imo.

I'd really appreciate it if we don't refer to them as Classic Fans. I'd rather called them lapsed fans. I'm a bigger fan of the classic games than the modern games but even I like half of the Modern games like Adventure and the last 2 games.

This is my problem with some of the people in that thread, they generalize classic fans and it honestly irritates me.
You're right, I felt like I was giving Classic fans too much shit when I wrote it. I couldn't think of the perfect term to describe the people in-between, who grew up with the classic, enjoyed the later games and aren't irrational.

I understand tho. I hate it when Modern fans are generalized as new kids who never experienced the classics. (I literally grew up with Sonic lol)

what the fuck, man

Yeah that line was so outta place. I liked how sinister it sounded.... but the design of the characters, and the motivation lacks the justification. (IMO)

I know! Since when do people die in a Sonic game?

That was way more sinister than I was expecting, but I like that.

SA1 and on. even Sonic and Blaze met that end screen a couple of times.

Man I miss Terror Level Red (SA2) Eggman.... he was so gangsta.... That was some good villainy. While I appreciate the newer comic relief Eggman, I do miss the brilliant mastermind at his best, always one step ahead.

TheOGB

Banned
Yeah that line was so outta place. I liked how sinister it sounded.... but the design of the characters, and the motivation lacks the justification. (IMO)
Definitely agreed on how it sounded (I'm pretty sure that's Mike Pollock too, I kinda listened to it a lot :p), but it was such a cruel line to use out of context like that, lol.

As for Eggman, they definitely gotta get him on his Archie swagger level status in the games.

BlackJace

Port begging has to be up there on the most annoying things people do. It comes off as even more pathetic when those same people berate another system that doesn't get something their favorite system has.

The only way you'll catch me port begging is if Shenmue 3 somehow became Wii U exclusive.

The good news is it's never gonna be made so I won't have to worry.

:D

D:

I once had a dream that Sega said they would fund Shenmue 3 if literally every person on NeoGAF pitched in $5.

I was the only one who declined, so the project was cancelled. I didn't get banned, but I did feel like staying offline for a couple days.

qq more

I once had a dream that Sega said they would fund Shenmue 3 if literally every person on NeoGAF pitched in $5.

I was the only one who declined, so the project was cancelled. I didn't get banned, but I did feel like staying offline for a couple days.
Why didn't you fund it!? YOU FOOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom