• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Super Weege Time
Sonic Xtreme Galaxy: Colour Generation
That Rayman Game that I'll Probably Grab Once It's Cheap
Donkey Kong Pina Colada
Peach's Fabulous 3D Floatventure

Good year for platformers.

You missed "Sony Stage productions present: The Out-Nintendoer" which will hopefully be pretty good but otherwise that list is right on the money, I will have them all.
Clearly 2012's lacking game lineup was just testing me and here in 2013 I am rewarded with plentiful platformers.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Please be a repeat of 2010/2011.

I couldn't handle 2012. Even up to today, I'm still unsure about that list I made, when I still agree with my 2010 and 2011 lists.

Village

New Super Weege Time
Sonic Xtreme Galaxy: Colour
That Rayman Game that I'll Probably Grab Once It's Cheap
Donkey Kong Pina Colada
Peach's Fabulous 3D Floatventure

Good year for platformers.

Fixed.
I wish that thing was like generations.

Also DK Pina Colada , my sides.

tumblr_mjxp1uOy9Y1rfpp1do1_500.gif

Please be a repeat of 2010/2011.

I couldn't handle 2012. Even up to today, I'm still unsure about that list I made, when I still agree with my 2010 and 2011 lists.

I think we've already done better than last year here in 2013, likewise i'm unsure about my list and not just because I didn't get to play Hotline Miami until this year.
Then again i'm always unsure about my lists, even my 2011 one could use some switcheroos.

qq more

Actually yeah I'd say 2013 is shaping up to be a fantastic year due to all of these platformers. It's my favorite genre after all.

And it's not just them that made it great this year, Metal Gear Rising looks super great I should get that sometime. Hotline Miami looks cool... I should've grabbed it during a steam sale... I'll check if that's out now. Also New Leaf is addicting, oh god.

And I heard many good things about Last Of Us (despite the nutjobs saying it changed gaming to them forever and they can't enjoy anything else anymore), Fire Emblem and so on.

I've already got 3 definites for my eventual list(Metal Gear Rising, Bioshock Infinite, and The Last of Us which is currently at the top and it's gonna take some dark video game magic to upset it I think), and a few other solid titles I've played this year(Guacamelee, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Runner2). So far, so good(and better than 2012)!

BlackJace

I've already got 3 definites for my eventual list(Metal Gear Rising, Bioshock Infinite, and The Last of Us which is currently at the top and it's gonna take some dark video game magic to upset it I think), and a few other solid titles I've played this year(Guacamelee, Call of Juarez Gunslinger, Runner2). So far, so good(and better than 2012)!

Are you holding out for Dream Team?

I'm predicting a not-as-good version of Bowser's Inside Story, which is just fine by me and can probably sneak in near the bottom of my top 10 list

Yes, I'm predicting GotY lists in July. I am the worst.

BlackJace

Yes, I'm predicting GotY lists in July. I am the worst.

Nah, that just means you're very satisfied with the year so far, which ain't surprising. I've loved 2013 so far. Having trouble keeping with all of the shit I need to buy is a great sign (though not for the wallet, lawd).

So far I have Metal Gear Rising, Fire Emblem Awakening, Guacamelee, and soon to be Shin Megami Tensei IV.

GAMERG0D

Lists? Hm... I'm probably only getting these this year.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
GTA V
Pokemon Y
Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Upcoming Final Fantasy VIII Steam release

I have a feeling GTA V will beat TLOU for GOTY.

Noi

Tentative and in no particular order:

Metal Gear Rising
Guacamelee
Corpse Party: Book of Shadows
Muramasa Rebirth

Has potential but havent played/isnt out
Dragon's Crown
Last of Us
Rune Factory 4
Dynasty Warriors 8
THE PLAYSTATION 4!!!!!
Octodad
Time and Eternity

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think we've already done better than last year here in 2013, likewise i'm unsure about my list and not just because I didn't get to play Hotline Miami until this year.
Then again i'm always unsure about my lists, even my 2011 one could use some switcheroos.
Well, if I could make one change to my 2011 list, it's to put Trails in the Sky FC lower than it is.

So far, Metal Gear Rising... and, um... Guacamelee, maybe? I liked the first Corpse Party more than the second. Minis on the Move looks like it would be an honourable mention title. Um... umm... *shrug* I've been playing more older games this year, I've noticed. And some of the stuff I've played this year that came out this year have just been things that underwhelmed in the end, or I ended up tearing it apart when I'd finished it.

I suppose I feel as though some of the bigger games have simply bored me.

I can't fuck with that Corpse Party, man. I've heard good things, but I'm too much of a punk.
If I can play both Corpse Party games, you certainly can. :p

Most of the fear comes from the binaural audio. Even if you don't understand the language, man you can feel the tension in everyone's voices.

Shocking admission: I've never played Rayman Origins.

I dunno, I was a big fan of Rayman and Rayman 2, but something about the demo for Origins just never clicked for me. So, if/when I pick up Legends, the remade levels would actually still be all-new content, as far as I'd be concerned.

Any Top 10 list that has Animal Crossing might as well just have a blank space, imo. Or you could add some real chores on that list.

Using a broom is just under Metal Gear Rising on my list of Top 3, for example.

Original Rayman was fun but far too hard for my tastes.
It's better when you cheat for infinite continues, so you don't have to be weighed down with worries about whether or not the game's in a practically unwinnable state.

I know the idea of completely nixing something as important to the game's design as extra lives is a bit extreme, but basically, completing Rayman with infinite continues is a tough but fun challenge; completing Rayman with limited continues is a Herculean task. The game's got plenty of challenge and difficulty to spare without that artificial limit in place.

Sciz

Look at all dat nothing!

You call it nothing, I call it a gauntlet of shai-hulud.

I dunno, I was a big fan of Rayman and Rayman 2, but something about the demo for Origins just never clicked for me. So, if/when I pick up Legends, the remade levels would actually still be all-new content, as far as I'd be concerned.

Origins doesn't really take off until halfway through or so when you've finally got all the abilities and the level design hits a groove of pure wall-running madness.

I only played it because it came it with my Vita. It was okay but I wasn't as keen on it as as everyone else. I didn't like the shmup stages and there was something about the design in some of the others (which I can't remember so can't really expound on) that didn't click with me.

Legends looks great and the demo was fun but it's not a day one for me with all the other great games this year.

Noi

Corpse Party isn't scary in the jump scare kinda way, but in the oppresive atmosphere and feeling of dread. There's brutal, cringy stuff happening in the game, you know it's gonna happen, but you still dread pressing the X button and reading/seeing it occur anyway.

The origins demo on consoles is awful. It's a mix of randomly chosen levels that doesn't actually teach you how to play the game, which turned me off from getting it.

The demo on the Vita version is actually the first few stages in the game, which of course makes for a much better demo to teach you how to play and did a 180 on my opinion of the game. Bought it the next day and loved the hell out of it. So I'm looking forward to Legends now... on Vita, since that's where I played Origins.

It's better when you cheat for infinite continues, so you don't have to be weighed down with worries about whether or not the game's in a practically unwinnable state.

I know the idea of completely nixing something as important to the game's design as extra lives is a bit extreme, but basically, completing Rayman with infinite continues is a tough but fun challenge; completing Rayman with limited continues is a Herculean task. The game's got plenty of challenge and difficulty to spare without that artificial limit in place.

Unlimited continues are the only way I could play that again.

Well, if I could make one change to my 2011 list, it's to put Trails in the Sky FC lower than it is.

So far, Metal Gear Rising... and, um... Guacamelee, maybe? I liked the first Corpse Party more than the second. Minis on the Move looks like it would be an honourable mention title. Um... umm... *shrug* I've been playing more older games this year, I've noticed. And some of the stuff I've played this year that came out this year have just been things that underwhelmed in the end, or I ended up tearing it apart when I'd finished it.

I suppose I feel as though some of the bigger games have simply bored me.
Similarly most of the bigger games i've played this year while still good left me underwhelmed as well, it's like i've swam through a sea of 8/10 titles, and you know that's not bad either but i'm still waiting on the one game that truly passes the smile test where I suddenly find myself with a stupid grin while playing because the game overcame my inner critic.

I remember that demo disappointed me a lot when I first played it, I jumped in as excited as can be, then I jumped in the game itself and a wave of crushing disappointment crashed into me, I didn't dig the games physics at all.
And really I still don't like them that much, fortunately the game is great in all other areas and Legends feels a bit better to play as well.
This isn't to say it has bad platforming physics or anything, i'm just not that much of a fan of them.

I didn't know Nocturnowl was in Sonic Lost World.

http://abload.de/img/mnnhhdfsys38.jpg[img][/indent][/QUOTE]
This has already made my morning.

[quote="Professor Beef, post: 71229811"]Nocturnowl is making sure Sonic stays on the right path in life and doesn't slip into his Sonic 06 ways.[/QUOTE]
I'm also trying to analyse the games physics with my fabled "platforming perception".​

I should be procuring a copy of it soon to stream and stuff. Just cuz I'm curious as to why Japan hated it outside of the obvious reasons.

Wow, even JAPAN hated this game? If they didn't like it, then what makes NIS America think that it would do well here?

I just put the page into an English translation. Here is what the part of the very first review on the page said, that just about sums it up:

A few minutes for the first time the game is enough to know that it is useless shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom