• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This game got to me at the wrong time since I'm busy with other stuff. :x

dsc00839xfs91.jpg

Oh well; to be fair, I wanted to buy it when it went budget, but I had points to burn.

so is literally everyone at Capcom working on Deep Down then

what are you doing KEEP STRIDER IN HOUSE
I think they're trying the Konami strategy. Shhhhh!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I still have to credit Capcom for contributing to the Retro Revival just a little, though.

People tend to talk a lot of smack about this generation, but I thought it was alright. I got to play a lot of games I enjoy. Not a lot of games in the genre that I generally stick to, but that allowed me to explore more and rediscover genres that I used to enjoy. I feel like my tastes have become more diverse as a result of how this generation went. And I appreciate the return and revival of the 2D platformer genre, too. I missed it a lot.

This game got to me at the wrong time since I'm busy with other stuff. :x

dsc00839xfs91.jpg

Oh well; to be fair, I wanted to buy it when it went budget, but I had points to burn.

Isn't the game supposedly terrible?

The Capgods fell into Hell and became Crapcom, then escaped but landed on their head, becoming Capcpom

Yeah, I think this is a good way to put it.

(Still better than what Konami became this gen, but that's a rant for another time)

I really hated it...the graphics were hard on my eyes, the music a mess and Dante needs to shut up and like not exist...seriously just shut up Dante!

qq more

I never played DmC (let alone any DMC game) but the only thing in DmC that stood out for me was that news station boss fight. That was brilliant, but man I don't really care for the game otherwise. Dante looked so awful and his face... I just want to punch it really hard.

BlackJace

And the award for Most Cruelly Drawn-Out Final Mission goes to Project X Zone. Two hours and 10 minutes. This is not okay. It's not.

Good ending, lots of feels, but holy shit is the second half of the game a massive slog. Overall, the game is passable, and I'm glad I got the chance to play it, but I don't think I'm going to replay the NG+ for a loooooong time.

I haven't played the full game, but I enjoyed the DmC demo enough to want to get around to it at some point.

The "fuck you" exchange with the boss in the demo was kinda embarrassing, though.

Spinluck

I really hated it...the graphics were hard on my eyes, the music a mess and Dante needs to shut up and like not exist...seriously just shut up Dante!

Yea, I think it's worth noting that I NEVER played a prior DMC game before that one lol.

But yea, I thought it was fun. Music did suck though, nothing I can really remember.

I swear he used to be a better artist...what happened?!

Does this mean we never have to hear about the Ancient Walkers again? I like that possibility...

Penders' Ass-Mouth said:
We’ll be seeing more of her and other characters in the cast along with story pages over the next several weeks. The talk on the nets seems to center on, “Who’s going to buy Pender’s comic?” We’ll folks, a comic was never in the plans. So what are the plans? Digital downloads, graphic novels, possible film, TV, and/or Internet projects, character licensing, yes. But never a comic. Your comments and questions are welcome in the new “The Lara-Su Chronicles” forum. And look for the new Web site, http://thelara-suchronicles.com, coming soon!

LAWL.

Remember when we were calling them "Capgod" at the beginning of the generation/like in 2008?

Man, I wasn't even around on NeoGAF in 2008 but I had the same mentality. Capcom was on such a roll at the beginning of the gen. Ace Attorney, Monster Hunter Tri, Street Fighter IV, Ghost Trick, Dead Rising, the revival of Bionic Commando and classic Mega Man... And then shit happened.

Capcom didn't go downhill. They fell off a cliff and exploded.

Also that art is ghastly.

Village

I'm not convinced that didn't actually come from a fifteen-year-old on Deviantart.

I could draw better than that at 15 and I know 15 year olds who can draw better than that, to be fair I get paid to do that now. However that is a 12 year old, not a grown man who used to get paid to do this right? right?.

Also why the fuck does she look like an old lady?

PKrockin

I could draw better than that at 15 and I know 15 year olds who can draw better than that, to be fair I get paid to do that now. However that is a 12 year old, not a grown man who used to get paid to do this right? right?.

Also why the fuck does she look like an old lady?
Well, 15 in Deviantart years.

Mr Swine

Banned
Ugh that Penders drawing looks worse and worse each time he puts up a picture of his Lara-Su chronicles.

But Ken Penders owns Evil Sonic and Robo Robotnik (Eggman). Can Sega stop him from using those 2 characters or is Sega screwed?

Ugh that Penders drawing looks worse and worse each time he puts up a picture of his Lara-Su chronicles.

But Ken Penders owns Evil Sonic and Robo Robotnik (Eggman). Can Sega stop him from using those 2 characters or is Sega screwed?
Probably. Lara-Su is technically an original creation; Evil Sonic and Robo-Robotnik are literally Sonic and Eggman.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What the fuck is that thing? Horrific. Penders' writing was never really that good, and it's evidenced by how cruddy the comics got towards the end of his run. And his art was atrocious.

This looks atrocious.

Watch him take Enerjak too...

Even though Knucklesjak was such an inferior character compared to Dimitri that it's tough for me to be too choked up about that...ugh...that arc was so disappointing to me...=/

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
And the award for Most Cruelly Drawn-Out Final Mission goes to Project X Zone. Two hours and 10 minutes. This is not okay. It's not.

Good ending, lots of feels, but holy shit is the second half of the game a massive slog. Overall, the game is passable, and I'm glad I got the chance to play it, but I don't think I'm going to replay the NG+ for a loooooong time.
Then I'm glad I didn't stick around for too long. That's not okay by any means in terms of game design, because you're forcing the player to waste their time. Games should be snappy, and if a sequence is lengthy, make it worthwhile and not repetitive (ie: the stairwell in FF7 is actually nicely-designed because of the dialogue despite being long).

I hate it when a game's designed in a manner that's repetitive and ends up feeling like a complete slog. So I'm kinda glad you posted some semi-final impressions.

Yeah, I don't like how it looks or sounds very much at all. Going from Rising to that was kind of like a culture shock.

And I really don't like that stringing combos together was super-easy, easier than DMC1/3. Nah. This isn't action games. It's just boring to the touch, and I feel like the whole affair was completely effortless. If I felt like a Tales game spurned more effort into pulling off higher-hitting combos, you did something wrong.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Can we get to a new page, please?

Watch him take Enerjak too...

Even though Knucklesjak was such an inferior character compared to Dimitri that it's tough for me to be too choked up about that...ugh...that arc was so disappointing to me...=/
Dimitri was actually interesting, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom