• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

Keep stocked with better healing items, keep a healer around, pass your turn onto your healer(s) if you need to heal quickly, buy armours when you can, keep adding skills via skill whispering. Get the jump on your enemy. Like, it's harder for me sometimes because my L-button is borked on my launch 3DS so I have to jam on it to do everything, but it's still doable. Enemies simply play on the same playing field as the player; this is not some sort of RPG where the enemies just stand around and do nothing because their AI is braindead, and you end up having the advantage and can get rid of them just by holding down A/X/Auto-Battle. Get a Napaea at the beginning of the game and you should be okay, especially if you transfer Dia over to your MC. Remember you can transfer the same skill that a demon has that your MC has as long as it can level up.

And because I'm going magic-focused with Flynn, I'm increasing his Mag/Ag/Luck statuses (luck will give me a higher likelihood for crits, for example) I'm not dumping much into strength because half the time I'm going to be casting magic in order to get an extra turn or to get the Smirk. Smirk allows you to do more damage and gives you a little stat boost for that battle, so carefully time it so that you get it at the beginning of your turn.

For most MCs in SMT, always go magic-focused. You aren't typically going to physically attack unless you're at the beginning of the game with less skills. So focus on Mag/Agil so you can hit enemies with their weakness faster. I like pouring things into luck because it'll affect phys crits, and the rate at which stat spells hit an enemy (so freezing an enemy, etc). Going for a Mag/Str build would mean that the MC wouldn't be likely to finish enemy groups off by himself. So going one extreme or the other (but you'll have an easier time with a Mag build) would be more beneficial to you. If you're going for a physical build, bear in mind that some enemies are resistant to physicals and that Pierce skills seem to only be available from DLC demons. You cannot learn passive skills.

The stats work like this (very briefly):

Strength: Self-explanatory. Boosts Gun skill damage. Boosts melee damage output.

Dexterity: Use this to max your gun damage output. Trust me.

Magic: Self-explanatory.

Agility: Affects turn-order and the likelihood of getting pre-emptive strikes.

Luck: Affects critical hits. People tend to underrate luck, but the luck stat is really one of my favourite types of stats next to Agility.​

You can look at the SMT4 wiki for more info in terms of predicting damage output (Japanese Link): http://www34.atwiki.jp/megaten4/pages/273.html

Either way, welcome to SMT's Normal Mode. Hard mode is apparently unlocked when you beat the game or when
you answer the wrong thing and get the bad ending

But I heard that it takes a looooong time to restart after you die and that there's not soft-reset? That sucks.

Wow, that's a lot more than a expected, thanks. I'm dumping most of my points into Dx and Ag, so I guess it won't hurt to put more into Mg.

I'm getting the hang of things, I just have to figure out how to deal with Medusa.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
(it's a joke about that game's pacing and structure, I believe AniHawk came up with it)
Oh. Derp. >.>

Wow, that's a lot more than a expected, thanks. I'm dumping most of my points into Dx and Ag, so I guess it won't hurt to put more into Mg.

I'm getting the hang of things, I just have to figure out how to deal with Medusa.
Ah, I see. Don't go all in Dex and Agility, especially since it's starting to affect your strategy and damage output. Put some into Phys or Mag depending on what sort of build you want to go for.

I'm considering spending money I don't really have on M&L4 just so I can talk about it in this thread as a big "nurrrr" towards all you damn SMT players >:|
Oh I can, but you probably don't want me to otherwise i'll be taking the princess's title of "doesn't like games" all for myself.

I'm busy replaying Okami. And then I've got Okami 2 and Okami 3 to play too!
See I tried this with the HD version and as good a trilogy as it is they are hard to revisit, I beat Okami 1 and i'm just so tired of Issun the annoying bugger and the games deluge of WORDS slowing the game to a crawl.

PKrockin

I have the Wii version but I'm still clinging to the desperate hope of a Vita version so I haven't played past the first few hours yet.

Ducktales HD is looking real fine. It's still blows my mind Capcom is doing this.

The 3D rendered backgrounds are a bit disappointing, and the cutscenes drag a tad too long for my liking, but otherwise yeah, it actually looks pretty nice as far as the actual game itself goes. Kind of a stark contrast to Strider, really.

Of course, some people are already convinced it's going to be terrible, but opinions and all that.

Looks far better than that Castle of Illusion remake, in any case.

He's here...

ken_penders_sonic.jpg

EDIT: Archie confirmed that the Sonic archives will continue to be published. Also,
Metal Sonic as a pirate.
Neat.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ugh, Penders. No freaking thank you.

That guy screams entitlement.

Speaking of more ugh, I've managed to procure a copy of this game. I'm going to play it a bit later so I: a) know I won't have to take Gravol every time I play it/so I can test whether or not I'll get nauseous, and b) won't look like an idiot when I inevitably stream it. But I'm playing SMT4 right now so bleeeeh!

I'm looking at the titles of these songs, but all I hear is "Generic RPG Battle/Town/Sadness Theme A"

Goes without saying that he can do much better. Not that I blame him for not really trying, considering the game in question :V

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
OK. I am going to start this while I babysit.

I just want to see if it triggers my motion sickness or not. I don't want to cut a potential stream short just because of a potential health issue. I say this because I was watching a stream that Aeana linked a while ago and that thing was making me feel ill just because the FOV/field movement was fucking garbage.

EDIT: Holy shit this install is long... 4.5 GB INSTALL WHAT

I saw that game in a Gamestop, I didn't think they'd actually bring it here, who's the audience for??
People who play shitty video games.

qq more

I saw that game in a Gamestop, I didn't think they'd actually bring it here, who's the audience for??

For those that wants to play a genre saving game!

Seriously answer: Probably some weird perverts

I'm surprised they're even bothering localizing such a niche game when it was considered one of the worst games of its year in its own country.

Noi

It's not the first time NISA localizes a quality game.

Last_Rebellion_Boxart.jpg

They pretty much buried the game and would love to not talk about it as well! And it's another terrible game with decent art~

"You never cease to surprise me Italian Plumber, I thought that Volcano planet you were on erupted in space"
"What-a can I say, I die hard WOO HOO!"

It's like the Super Mario game of my nightmares and not in the good Subcon way.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm crying at the start of this game. Crying of laughter. Everything about this game is just... omg.

The scene blocking... dijsoitjweitjstjsofjsfjsfs

Uttered by a little Toad in Peach's home:

"This castle's so big, I sometimes get lost. And then I cry a little."
Perfect.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I am so interested in the stream just to see how horrible the game is
I'll stream it later. I just don't want to seem like shit at the game first + I want to make sure I don't have to scarf down the gravol. Won't be talking over, though; not in a position to.

#ican't

The conversations in this game are so... fucking... bad. VIDEO GAMES.
"What kind of men are you into?"
"STOP TALKING TO ME!"
"I like men cold but they should be like a boy next door."

/dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom