• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

qq more

Same, but if I'm smart I won't watch it or else I'll end up buying it to see how bad it is first hand.

Lucky I'm not huge into RPGs, especially on consoles. So there's no way I would ever be tempted to buy it.

Especially helps that it's a weeaboo perverted as fuck game, I can't stand them. Even just borrowing would make me feel bad. :lol

They definitely went and shod every major character who wasn't already. Rotor's got boots. Nicole's got some kind of shoes on. Bunnie probably technically isn't, but her robo-feet look more like boots than they used to.

What I'm trying to wrap my head around is why Antoine seems to be wearing less now when they've been making everyone else wear more.

Village

If I may interject with some hedgehog. Sonic Lost World I releasing and that seems to be more of a colors type thing. If they go back to a generations kind of thing afterward, is there anything in sonic you would like to see return? Maybe you thought it was good, maybe it wasn't implemented to the best of its ability and you see potential in it. Anything at all from older sonic games that you would like to see implemented

I have a few Ideas.

-Rewarding the player for doing well: generations sort of did this in the sense that if you took the high road, more often than not, while it took a bit of skill and attention to maintain, once you got up there it was easier than the lower road. This tends to be the case in many sonic games, however one of my favorite things about SA2 was the fact that in the linear levels, if you had a bunch of rings ( that being the determinant for doing well in this instance) you got a shield. On the house, I liked that kind of thing besides not dying it put a little more incentive on doing well. And implemented differently in any future sonic games, I think could be wonderful.

- A bit more music variation: If sonic games ( most of them anyway ) are good at anything, its music. And for the most part it is varied, I would just like a bit more experiment in some other genres that kind of thing.

- All of angel island: In older( or in this case 2d because of the sonic advanced games) Sanic's angel Island looked like ruined temples, made sense, and it was interesting to look at. In newer sonic's Angel island was just a large island With 1 large ruined temple, why can't I have both. I liked the Aztec theming with the newer one and I liked the vastness of the temples in the older ones, like Sonic and Knuckles. Why can't we have both nice things.

- Incentive to play though more than once: Mission modes, harder difficulties, stuff like that. And unlockables, While the sonic museum was interesting I never really felt the need to do anything in generations. Aside from my usual completionist's tendencies, and even then It felt like work sometimes. Having a little extra to keep me there would not be a bad thing.

- Costumes for different characters: I like costumes, I like a lot of them. I like unlocking them, Give me costumes to unlock. I dunno give tails a mechanics outfit or something. Or Amy her Sonic Riders outfit. I like costumes.

- Blazes world: Blazes world, the one with out silver was a very interesting place, it seemed like it was far more water based than sanics world , and while were only introduced to a piece of it, I would like t see more this other world entails. What type of cities do they have, make it a level, they travel by ship, maybe there is a level where sonic/shadow/blaze ect, is running though a bunch of ghost ships and you get hanted by dead sailors. That kind of thing

- Do more with aliens: I like aliens, sega likes aliens apparently do more with them. While I cannot say the same about the game play in sonic colors, I loved the theme. I would like more aliens, shadow had aliens maybe you can do something with that. Maybe the wisps are afraid of him because maybe black doom was some kind of war lord or something and well technically that is his kid. I may not like sonic like sonic lost word but I am always appreciative of aliens, Maybe Blaze's world already has warp space travel all ready and we have whole universes to explore beyond just the wips and such. I liek Aliuns Moar plz.

Treasure hunting: While I myself am not the biggest fan of those levels, I never felt the levels were a bad idea. Just implemented poorly I think if some more effort was put into it, these could be nice breaks from running levels. Just.. implemented better. MUCH MUCH BETTER. To their credit though, in SA2 they did house the better music of the game. So that is something right?

Well that is my .. thing, i guess.

You all have any ideas?

You need to embrace RPG's, it's probably the best genre of gaming after platformers...so much goodness...just as long as you avoid the bad stuff.

qq more

You need to embrace RPG's, it's probably the best genre of gaming after platformers...so much goodness...just as long as you avoid the bad stuff.

I should really get back to Dragon Quest. I've only ever finished IV... But yeah, fantastic series though.

As for me not getting into RPGs as much as everyone are, it might be due to the fact I really prefer playing short games over long ones. Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga's length being 20ish hours is perfect for me!

I should really get back to Dragon Quest. I've only ever finished IV... But yeah, fantastic series though.

As for me not getting into RPGs as much as everyone are, it might be due to the fact I really prefer playing short games over long ones. Mario & Luigi's Superstar Saga's length being 20ish hours is perfect for me!

Unless you want to do everything in the game, you can get through most RPG's in a decent amount of time...of course this might be me saying this after having played some RPG's multiple times and knowing how to break the game so I can beat everything with ease. If you hate long RPG's, do NOT play Persona...good games but way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for me to replay anytime soon.

qq more

Unless you want to do everything in the game, you can get through most RPG's in a decent amount of time...of course this might be me saying this after having played some RPG's multiple times and knowing how to break the game so I can beat everything with ease. If you hate long RPG's, do NOT play Persona...good games but way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long for me to replay anytime soon.

2 l8 I was 60 or so hours into Persona 3. Cool game but I took soooo many breaks. I should probably get back to it soon and see how much further I can get before taking another break!

Another reason why anyone that hasn't played Chrono Trigger (you know who you are) should do so. Short, sweet, and little to no filler to be found in the game at all.

2 l8 I was 60 or so hours into Persona 3. Cool game but I took soooo many breaks. I should probably get back to it soon and see how much further I can get before taking another break!

Persona 4 is better anyways...you should try playing the first Kingdom Hearts...don't go any further than that, the series just isn't as good as the first one. Once you get guarding down, you'll feel like a pro and it makes fights a lot easier.

My friend convinced me to play it, I still do not see what all the hubub is about with that one.

Well, whatever your thoughts on the game, I was recommending it moreso for the fact that it's relatively short and doesn't require a huge time commitment like most RPGs out there these days.

Village

Well, whatever your thoughts on the game, I was recommending it moreso for the fact that it's relatively short and doesn't require a huge time commitment like most RPGs out there these days.

Ah sorry.

It isn't bad however I wasn't moved by it like so many were. I guess its because I may have played in the wrong period in my life.

PKrockin

On the other hand it's hard for me to get back into after I stopped playing midway through. I have a half dozen time periods available and no idea which one to do stuff in.

qq more

Persona 4 is better anyways...you should try playing the first Kingdom Hearts...don't go any further than that, the series just isn't as good as the first one. Once you get guarding down, you'll feel like a pro and it makes fights a lot easier.

I take it the 3DS game isn't good? I was a bit interested in it since it featured Tron Legacy and that was a great movie.

In speaking of RPGs, I should get back to replaying Pokemon Blue... I'm at the worst part of the game. You can probably guess what it is.

Village

I take it the 3DS game isn't good? I was a bit interested in it since it featured Tron Legacy and that was a great movie.

In speaking of RPGs, I should get back to replaying Pokemon Blue... I'm at the worst part of the game. You can probably guess what it is.

Its very good actually.

So is the one for the psp, and the final mix version of 2 is the best game in the series.

I've heard it's decent, I can't say for sure since I haven't tried it yet, though I plan to but still the KH HD game is coming out early September, time to get on it!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
are you people trying to kill me

Okay, let me accrue enough GP or whatever to get some skills from the 2-branch skill tree, and we'll see about setting up a stream tonight. I'm not gonna bore people by learning how some enemies work + gaining some GP. You probably just want to see... the ... story... progression.

I wasn't even paying attention to the story.
bSVr5cd.gif

Ah sorry.

It isn't bad however I wasn't moved by it like so many were. I guess its because I may have played in the wrong period in my life.
It's not that. You're probably just looking for a deeper story filled with melodrama, even though you can most likely find that between the lines and especially towards the ending with the sidequests.

I love the game because it lacks bullshit. It's straightforward, and it's designed very well by a group of very talented people. It's a game that doesn't waste the player's time with unnecessary fluff or filler content. I wrote about it here, somewhat, describing it as one of the most beautifully-designed games I've ever played. I've also, because I was requested to, written about one of the era's map designs here (game/ending spoilers for those who haven't played it).

I usually like writing about dungeon map designs, especially for older RPGs. I've played lots of garbage, but it's nice to see a game do everything right.

qq more

IIRC he just explains the End of Time again.

Uhh... the teleporter maze?

Rock Tunnel. It was the bane of my existence as a kid! I remember after so much struggle I finally made it out of there and went to Lavender Town... and accidentally encountered my rival and lost so I had to start over the damn tunnel again. And no, I'm not using that dumb Flash HM!

Although going through it right now in this replay... this isn't so bad anymore. But man, I can't stand caves in Pokemon.

qq more

My Pidgeotto is poisoned and I don't have any Antidotes and the only way to get one is by leaving this dang tunnel and head all the way back to a town to buy one.. or I can just continue through this stupid cave and get it over with.

PKrockin

Which era did you just finish? If you just came from 2300 AD, you should go into the door behind him. If you have already done so, go to Medina Village 1000 AD.

What does the name of your save say? Usually that's a hint on what you should be trying to do...sorta.

I finally found my cart and loaded my save... 9 hours, level 20, Fiendlord's Keep, the Middle Ages (600AD). I saved on a throne that's on the left path when you go in the castle.

edit: oh shit nevermind I stepped on a sparkle near the exit of the castle and got teleported to a new area. lol I thought that was a save point.

Rock Tunnel. It was the bane of my existence as a kid! I remember after so much struggle I finally made it out of there and went to Lavender Town... and accidentally encountered my rival and lost so I had to start over the damn tunnel again. And no, I'm not using that dumb Flash HM!

Although going through it right now in this replay... this isn't so bad anymore. But man, I can't stand caves in Pokemon.

I think I've identified the problem.

Village

It's not that. You're probably just looking for a deeper story filled with melodrama, even though you can most likely find that between the lines and especially towards the ending with the sidequests.

I love the game because it lacks bullshit. It's straightforward, and it's designed very well by a group of very talented people. It's a game that doesn't waste the player's time with unnecessary fluff or filler content. I wrote about it here, somewhat, describing it as one of the most beautifully-designed games I've ever played. I've also, because I was requested to, written about one of the era's map designs here (game/ending spoilers for those who haven't played it).

I usually like writing about dungeon map designs, especially for older RPGs. I've played lots of garbage, but it's nice to see a game do everything right.

I do not mind games lacking some context, I like bloody earthbound for god sakes. everything presented never interested me at all. I understand why people say its good, The theme the characters , everything.

Eh.

While I do like the nuts story in KH , the reason I like KH above all else its because its fun to play and the worlds and characters are interesting. I never felt that way about Chrono Trigger. It just kind of happened, but not in a good way lIke earthbound. It just happened .

Hover Bot 2 years ago
Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!Wild ZUBAT appeared!Got away safely!

It's amazing how accurate this is

Now I think I'm gonna get back to finishing Pokemon Blue. Last I remember, I just beat Giovanni.

I should really get around to replacing the save batteries in my Yellow, Gold and Crystal cartridges, too.

qq more

In the anime he grew up to become less of a jerk and became a scientist. All that is gone now though.

boo Gary was da best

EDIT: I love that Disable just disables a random move instead of the previous used move. It saved me a bunch of times.

Yeah, keep on disabling Growl so I can continue throwing money at your face, Jigglypuff!

In the anime he grew up to become less of a jerk and became a scientist. All that is gone now though.

That jerk still sat in the Silph tower and waited while I dealt with an entire skyscraper full of Team Rocket goons and has the nerve to challenge me to a fight...he's forever jerk status in my eyes!

Village

boo Gary was da best

EDIT: I love that Disable just disables a random move instead of the previous used move. It saved me a bunch of times.

He was, he even had an island with a bunch of ladies and a car during one the pokemon epsodes, while he was a scientist. However I do not know if that was the regular series or the mini series that showed off non ash characters, that actually had gold in the damn anime. Actual gold. That was cool

qq more

He was, he even had an island with a bunch of ladies and a car during one the pokemon epsodes, while he was a scientist. However I do not know if that was the regular series or the mini series that showed off non ash characters, that actually had gold in the damn anime. Actual gold. That was cool

I remember that GSC special episode. That was pretty awesome. I wish they replaced Ash and co.

Mt. Moon may have been a bit annoying, but cool people made sure to grab a Geodude and a Clefairy. And it got fucking NERFED in GSC.

Pokemon-GSC-Kanto-MtMoon-2.png

THE FUCK IS THAT

qq more

To be fair, just about all of Kanto got nerfed in OG GSC.

(Still cool as fuck to play through, though.)

Yeah, the very fact they even managed to fit THAT much into the cartridge was crazy. People shit on GSC's Kanto too much. I miss Cerulean Cave though... just for Mewtwo lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom