• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBlue

Lost World is garnering really polarizing opinions it seems. I still have to reserve judgment on it. I actually like the somewhat slower impressions, considering the "boost through the stage really fucking fast" trope got old, and sacrificed some platforming finesse.

Still cautiously optimistic.

And happy birthday, Noi.

This is my view-point as well. Nothing there looks horrifically bad to me. At worst, some parts look mediocre. I dunno. I'm interested to see how Lost World turns out, though it wouldn't surprise me if it takes them another game or two in that style to perfect it, ala the "Boost Trilogy".

TheOGB

Banned
Birthdays, shout outs and fangames. Happy birthday Noi! (and you were right Schala, my birthday's on the 13th of October)

Oh god, I really hope Rayman Legends doesn't actually cost more on Wii U

This is my view-point as well. Nothing there looks horrifically bad to me. At worst, some parts look mediocre. I dunno. I'm interested to see how Lost World turns out, though it wouldn't surprise me if it takes them another game or two in that style to perfect it, ala the "Boost Trilogy".

Even with Generations they still hadn't perfected the Boost style, which is why it still saddens me that they just decided to change gears out of the blue with Lost World.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
True to my word, I got so excited during the DKCR speedrun and fell asleep. :)

They're on RE: Code Veronica, eh?

I'm interested, myself. Like I said, I only have videos to go off of, so I wouldn't know how some of this stuff directly works unless I have a demo to play with.

...which I hope Sega releases soon, because I'm eager to see how this works for myself.

I was randomly searching my name looking for replies and found this:

awwww :) you da best
I also remembered that it was precisely February 14th, because you'd mentioned it during Valentine's Day talks.

Also, I don't ever remember mentioning when my birthday was, but OK!
I remember you mentioning it to me when you got banned last year. "I'm one of the few GAF members whose ban coincided with his birthday, no less!" Since your ban was up on the 3rd of December, I shall assume that your birthday was on the 3rd or 4th of November because I remember you wishing you a belated birthday at that time as you were banned.

Guys, you have to remember that I have a good memory for some small things, and when I was growing up, I pretty much knew everyone else's birthday in my class and the other classes in my grade. Now, if only that translated to school stuff that I don't have much of an interest in, and it'd be smooth-sailing for me.

TrueBlue

Even with Generations they still hadn't perfected the Boost style, which is why it still saddens me that they just decided to change gears out of the blue with Lost World.

Perhaps perfected is the wrong word to use, but it had definitely been improved and refined through the three games. I would even say that fan feedback seemed to influence said improvements.

To tell you the truth, I'm not expecting Lost World to hit it out of the park with this new style, but I'm glad they're trying.

Your powers of deduction are terrifying.
It's the third.

I'm sure this is like a Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny kind of thing

They say that all good gaffers get a gift from the birthday princess, she knows all the dates for everyone's birth and is said to deliver a cake* specially designed to your personal preference.
Just don't leave DKCR playing in the background when the times comes, it's said to knock her into a deep slumber and then she'll miss your birthday with dreams of bananas and monogrammed ties.

* a picture of a cake, these powers have their limits after all.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Contrary to Sonic himself I've been taking Generations really slow! Only just did Sky Sanctuary
not-zone
and some of them challenge stages the other day. Why'd they pass over Sonic 3? Segac you suck! SS was much better then the first 2 stages! It looked an felt like it had different paths an platforming! I liked the challenge with the huge baddies but why'd they all just sit there being glorified platforms?! The hammer hopping one with Amy was way strange. Speaking of strange the game seems no less wonky then gifs of Sonic 4 made that out to be. One time hitting a slope Sonic stopped moving completely (button presses did nothing!) an slid all the way down totally unanimated lol.

Contrary to Sonic himself I've been taking Generations really slow! Only just did Sky Sanctuary
not-zone
and some of them challenge stages the other day. Why'd they pass over Sonic 3? Segac you suck! SS was much better then the first 2 stages! It looked an felt like it had different paths an platforming! I liked the challenge with the huge baddies but why'd they all just sit there being glorified platforms?! The hammer hopping one with Amy was way strange. Speaking of strange the game seems no less wonky then gifs of Sonic 4 made that out to be. One time hitting a slope Sonic stopped moving completely (button presses did nothing!) an slid all the way down totally unanimated lol.

I just started playing Sonic Generations last night, and finished up a few challenges after clearing Sky Sanctuary.

So far it's been pretty good; I got the game off of Steam and had some issues setting the whole game up, but I can imagine that it will be smoother sailing from here on out. Whether I will enjoy it more than Colors will remain to be seen.

Village

I just started playing Sonic Generations last night, and finished up a few challenges after clearing Sky Sanctuary.

So far it's been pretty good; I got the game off of Steam and had some issues setting the whole game up, but I can imagine that it will be smoother sailing from here on out. Whether I will enjoy it more that Colors will remain to be seen.

You should play the unleashed mod for it if you havent. Its fantastic.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Same. I don't like like doing that either. I hate wasting an entire day.

Thinking about skipping out on this Mega Man 8 speedrun and actually doing a Time and Eternity stream.

chalk that up as a successful day!

tried 8...dat junction system...dat protagonist...no bueno

It's overwhelming at first but once you get the gist of it, it's pretty cool. You'll want to give the card game a try, it's hella addicting and you can mod the cards to get either a bunch of spells to junction or other items. Squall is pretty cool but I think his character takes a hit once he falls in love with...ugh...

BlackJace

is that the subtitle

will fit right in with other nonsensical Square tiles like 358/2 Days, Dissidia 012, and Dream Drop Distance

edit: Rinoa is the fuckin' worst and should die in a fire oh my GOD

That's the phrase dropped in both trailers, yes. I actually kind of like the setting. Though I wouldn't mind a return to high fantasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom