• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Village, I never said it was stupid to know how your systems worked and what tools went into making it more efficient. Don't put words into my mouth.

You are talking to someone who opens up her video game systems from time to time to restore parts, clean parts, hastily finding duct tape to put stuff like batteries on because she can't solder worth a crap, recalibrate lenses, cut parts out/modifing in order to get rid of the hardware region-locking, etc. In that sense, I like learning about how it works. So I'm not completely ignorant with respect to how a console works. I also used to build my own desktops before I switched to a laptop for most of my stuff, so yes, I do know how important RAM is. In the late 90s/early 2000s, I played more on my PC than anything else, so I know that holding back on some capabilities might feel like a detriment, but that isn't to say that what happened this generation with respect to mods and PC versions outright being better than their console counterparts won't happen again this time. Though to be fair, I go more for stylization and art styles as opposed to graphical upkeep.

But in terms of "oh wow, so and so are making a huuuuge mistake; let's all laugh at them based on how detrimental it is!" That stance? That stance is absolutely silly. I never thought the console wars nonsense or even the slightest hint of it was ever a necessary topic of conversation. It's probably because growing up, I had access to most of the machines in some capacity (whether going to one cousin's house or the other), so I really didn't care. And now that I have disposable income, I'm fine with just grabbing whatever system (and from whatever region--though I really frickin' hate region lock) to play whatever I want. But all of this talk about "tee hee this system's going nowhere", "sales indicate that this system is the best!", "this system's going to fail because it wasn't made up well!" or whatever they usually say every single generation just becomes tiresome after a while, and I just prefer playing games over thinking about that stuff. I mean, it'd be nice to see what first parties can do with the systems that they've released with the equipment they put inside of them, whether it'd be aesthetics through graphical enhancement via realism or mere stylization. And that's what I like seeing: first party stuff.

But knowing what's in the system and what it can do, that's fine. There's nothing dumb about that. What's dumb is using it as ammunition to completely talk in circles repeatedly with vague hints to serious console war positions because it's just silly after a point. In the end, the hardware/company becomes more important than the software that is produced for the system, which utterly bewilders me. Sales talk is important because it lets us know how the industry is doing as a whole, and whether or not people are breaking even on platforms, or if consumer purchases will be able to sustain a platform or game or industry to a point, but not to the point of just using it as a way to say "my system is better than yours" because there's just no fun in that for me.

The software really is more important than the hardware to me since that's what I spend the most time with whenever it comes to video games. That's what allows consoles to have legs. To that end, if I see something on another console that I don't have and that I want, I'll try to save up and get it. Because I just like playing video games. I'm not as invested into the industry because my field is in medicine/languages. I use games as something to do in my leisure time and more recently, as a way to play/interact with my friends who don't live in the country. So yes, the software truly is more important than hardware discussion to me at times.

Village

Wasn't trying to put words in ya mouth, sorry.

While I think some of it is console wars and what not, I do some of it was disappointing people thinking what could 8 or whatever GBs of ram on a console could do. Now while what we have is still a lot more than what we got now. I think the disappointment stems from imaginations going ape thinking about what could Naughty Dog or someone else do with something like that.

As far as software vs hardware, I care about both equally really. What is in the console, and what is in the console. I care about the picture and the paint and the brushes and whatever.

Not saying if you do not, that isn't a bad thing though, Just how I feel about it.
Just to reiterate though, its still a lot of ram.

-It is true the Ligtning's Bust size increased from C cup to D cup in LR. Its done by Toriyama.

Toriyama finally found what was missing from the FFXIII franchise, bless him

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, don't worry about it, Village. I just get irritated with feeling that people construe my words into something else since it seems to happen every once in a while. :)

Regardless, I get your stance. And I get that people are irked with respect to how much devs can crank out with less RAM (though as you said, it's more RAM than last gen so I'm still expecting to be surprised). It's just something that's not a huge point of contention to me, and that's okay too.

-It is true the Ligtning's Bust size increased from C cup to D cup in LR. Its done by Toriyama.

Toriyama finally found what was missing from the FFXIII franchise, bless him
JC, read this article even further for more silliness.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/07...ning-returns-ffxiii-emerge-yes-theyll-jiggle/

Q: Is it true you said you wanted Lightning-san’s size from a C cup to a D cup?

Nobuhiro Goto (Character Modeling Designer): Toriyama-san said “I want it bigger” so…

Motomu Toriyama (Director): [What a] cop-out! (laughs)

Goto: Yes, it was enlarged.

Q: Was it a C cup until now? Does it even jiggle this time?

Goto: Yes!

Toriyama: it’s determined by clothing, like the so-called corrective underwear. (laughs)

Masaru Suzuki (Designer): There’s an unreleased costume that exposes the l’Cie scar on her chest. Please think [carefully], is there any other information that should be disclosed? (laughs)

Note that Japanese cup sizes are different from US cup sizes. So, it's really like a B -> C.

...also please note that, no, this isn't the thread to discuss certain things like that particular subject matter in depth (ie: don't post pics and other stuff). So keep discussion in-check and limited to discussion about how it applies to the game instead.

Village

* reads article*

I am trying to find words. Alright. I am a bit weirded out by the fact that the someone thought, that that needed to be talked about out of all the things to talk about in your game. The fact that lightning scarred fans from FF that is your subject matter.

Ya know what fine.

Its just fuel to my "fan fiction vs publication" theory fire. I do not know how it applies to the game besides the most literal. But i guess this is a selling point

" hey dress up your waifu.. also jiggles."

There are only so many ways you can say this game sucks, why are they still paying attention to the XIII series...why Lightning, why her?!...what's the point? Watching a trainwreck means you're still watching a trainwreck, what good is there?

o_____________________o

KCT8Fuz.jpg

qq more

Oh look we're halfway now.

Oh, Metroid NES. That game is so damn hard. Do you guys find it a hard game? I do. It's so hard and evil and still a fun game except you always start with 30 health no matter the max health oh my gksdgjkasdgaskdjgasdfl;asl;askf;aslfa

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Bean and I watched the Rockman 4: Minus Infinity speedrun last night and we were dismayed that the guy didn't save everyone! He didn't save Beat, and he didn't care about Eddie. :(

It was still lotsa fun, though. I was dead tired and completely headachy, but I had lots of fun watching it. Also, lol at people thinking the automated bit in Dive Man's stage was playable.

Also, yes, it's your fault, qq. >:|

So it turns out I can enjoy games still, who knew?
Now you can play guess the game that Owl enjoyed to the point of basically being nitpick free, maybe it'll take you until the next page to figure it out? maybe it's a trick question and there is no game but your guesses will carry us through regardless.

Or we can just keep bullying qq, who are the real monsters here? you bullies? or those Furby abominations? yeah, okay it's still the Furby.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Now you can play guess the game that Owl enjoyed to the point of basically being nitpick free, maybe it'll take you until the next page to figure it out? maybe it's a trick question and there is no game but your guesses will carry us through regardless.
You never gave a hint, though.

It can't be MGR or The Last of Us, right?

qq more

Is it Earthbound?

Loose lips sink ships...who's the chattiest member of Sonicgaf? I rest thine case

Well you see.. um, there's 2 qq mores! One posts 85% of my posts and the other posts 15% and I'm the 15%! I'm innnoccentttttt

I tried ┐( ̄ヮ ̄)┌

Or we can just keep bullying qq, who are the real monsters here? you bullies? or those Furby abominations? yeah, okay it's still the Furby.

The Quiet Game?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Shitposting / posting for the sake of having a post is actually harder than I thought it'd be.

It's weird to not be posting something like a quip in return or something substantive/longer.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Whaaat? Fix this!
It's because I tend to skip breakfast since I don't have time for it. Fitness-wise, it's a freaking terrible thing to do since you should be eating 6 little things per day instead of three big things, but I just tend to lack the time.

Yesterday was actually really bad for me because I'd barely eaten all day and it affected my energy and I ended up being sick, which led to the massive headache I had last night.

In the strange land I hail from waffles are immediately considered as the potato variety.

You never gave a hint, though.

It can't be MGR or The Last of Us, right?
For the record I did enjoy MGR, just not quite to GotY levels, it's certainly list worthy though.
Still waiting on TLOU, I was set to borrow the game of a friend a week ago but through a series of events i'm still playing the waiting game, maybe next week.

Is it Earthbound?
I considered downloading this but didn't feel in the mood for a JRPG right now.

Nintendo sure isn't PALs with Nocturnowl.

ho ho ho ho ho ho
Oh but we are PALs, at least the modern chaps are my chums, after all it's thanks to them that i'm enjoying this game right now while America still waits.

Well now it seems kind of obvious.

The Quiet Game?
I've already lost the game, i'm sorry Phantom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom