• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quitis did right by telling her off

Of course she then tried to go and apologize in the middle of a freaking mission but I digress...

wait, no I won't...Rinoa is a black hole of suck who causes everyone around her to act completely stupid

She is like Willy from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, but without any of Kate Capshaw's comedic timing. She is so fuckin' childish and irritating and sulky/broody, and the dumbest scene in the game is caused because of her stupid little temper tantrum and oh my GOD Rinoa is terrible what the hell do you see in this woman Squall

Village

What.

No.

Tidus is awesome. Rinoa is just an annoying teenage brat

Naaaah. He is.. annoying. However to be fair I find most ff10 characters annoying. However he gets extra annoying points for having a cool ( while horrible irresponsible) ass dad.

I will admit comparing him to Rinoa is a bit to far though.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Third Time and Eternity stream archive here:

I'm not going to stream it anymore. Every time I stream the stupid thing, I get a headache (unless you really really want me to because I know there are some in here who are interested in the story... qq more).

In all honesty, I think the first chapter and the very beginning of the second is more than enough to see how the plot goes.

I didn't expect all of the opening's plot threads to be resolved as quickly as it was, forcing the writers to come up with completely new ones out of their ass to force the exact same end result/impetus to happen and prolong the game. I can't decide if that's lazy or not. Probably is.

Rlan

Posted this on my tumblr today, got preeeeeetty popular:

tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco1_250.jpg
tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco2_250.jpg

tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco3_250.jpg
tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco4_250.jpg

tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco5_250.jpg
tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco6_250.jpg

tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco7_250.jpg
tumblr_mo2sfzi9Lb1rkrwaco8_250.jpg

http://oldgamemags.tumblr.com/post/56533422024/the-multi-page-advert-for-the-original-sonic-the

qq more

Third Time and Eternity stream archive here: http://www.twitch.tv/dark_schala/c/2641521

I'm not going to stream it anymore. Every time I stream the stupid thing, I get a headache (unless you really really want me to because I know there are some in here who are interested in the story... qq more).

That game managed to become even more painful. I'm done with it too. Fuck that awful stupid game. FUCK

Sonic 06 was far more amusing to watch...

Village

Sega of America knew how to market a goddamn game, man. Shame the Japanese side of things were out to sabotage them.

I would argue both west and the east both did things to the detriment of the franchise. Also sabotage in like quotation marks because sonic still exists and does quite well with his gaggle of furry compatriots.

Unlike some blue robot we know.

I would argue both west and the east both did things to the detriment of the franchise. Also sabotage in like quotation marks because sonic still exists and does quite well with his gaggle of furry compatriots.

Unlike some blue robot we know.

I'm not talking about Sonic, I'm talking about the internal politics behind what went on on the company in general during the 90s.

There are enough good Mega Man games that I'm okay with the series going to sleep for a while. Plenty out there to replay if I get the itch. Capcom certainly could've handled it better, though.

Rock had a hard life. He needs some time to rest.

I'm not talking about Sonic, I'm talking about the internal politics behind what went on on the company in general during the 90s.
Japan had it right on a few things, like going with the Saturn instead of the 32x, which was a disaster. But in general it seemed like SOA was interested in competing whereas SOJ preferred to own up to their niche of fighting and racing games, which they'd dominated.

Kokonoe

Banned
Did any of you guys post in this thread?

Game Systems owned in Chronological Order

Here is mine, it's pretty much in the frame they were released in outside of the Microsoft and Sony consoles. The Wii was where I finally got the point of "All right. Time to experiment." Outside of SEGA and Nintendo, at least.

In order:

NES
SNES
Genesis
Game Boy
Saturn
N64
Game Boy Pocket
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Dreamcast
Gamecube
DS
PSP
Wii
Xbox 360
PS3
PS2
Wii U
3DS

qq more

Here's mines:

Genesis
NES
Gameboy
Game Gear
Sega CD
SNES
Sega 32X
N64
Gameboy Color
Dreamcast
Gameboy Advance
Gamecube
PS2
Gameboy Advance SP
DS Phat
PSP
Wii
DS Lite
GP2X
DSiXL
PS3
3DS
Gameboy Advance SP AGS-101
RetroN 3
Sega Saturn
Wii U
I can't help but feel I'm missing a system or two.

EDIT: er, it just came to me. How did I forget? Retron 3. :lol

Village

There are enough good Mega Man games that I'm okay with the series going to sleep for a while. Plenty out there to replay if I get the itch. Capcom certainly could've handled it better, though.

Rock had a hard life. He needs some time to rest.

The problem is rock has been sleep for a while its not like he just went to sleep.

I need to make a thread on what went wrong in the 3d x games.

qq more

It wouldn't be as much of a big deal if they didn't cancelled everything :/

I mean, if MML3 and MMU were to come out and there's suddenly silence on the franchise afterwards, I wouldn't be as bitter. I would be a bit worried instead... but that's certainly far better than what has actually happened.

Village

I mean, if MML3 and MMU were to come out and there's suddenly silence on the franchise afterwards, I wouldn't be as bitter. I would be a bit worried instead... but that's certainly far better than what has actually happened.

I would be confused, you letting the thing you can sell to kids fall by the wayside. It honestly seems like they have given up on megaman.Especially since they are having some type of initiative to bring some new Saint seiya type thing that is all kid focused. It makes you think why that couldn't have been a new version of megaman. Maybe they do not know what to do with the guy, maybe they are low on cash. I dunno

Mega Man 10 was three years ago. In relative terms that's barely a nap.

There are different mega mans. So depending on who you are talking to the longer the nap is.

For me the nap started around ZX and advent, when did those games come out?

Also I think a 3 year nap is a coma, rock should see a doctor.

qq more

Honestly, it still feels like they did it to spite Inafune. I wonder if Inafune got on their bad side?

Also ZX Advent was a 2007 release if I'm not mistaken...

Yeah, like I said, they certainly could have handled it better.

The whole Legends 3 thing was a farce. I understand the idea of "talk about the project before it's even greenlit to demonstrate fan demand and show the suits that it's worth pursuing" but when that doesn't work out you just wind up with no game and a small but vocal group of fans that feel like they were screwed around.

Honestly, it still feels like they did it to spite Inafune. I wonder if Inafune got on their bad side?

Even if he didn't get on their bad side, it's clear that he was the higher up championing the series. It doesn't have to be spite so much as silence where there was a voice advocating Mega Man.

Village

I dunno, but Inafune was one of the largest supporters of DmC before he got out apperently. Because he really likes western games, I dunno right now. You do not have your franchise kind of sinking, then suggest some sinking ship shit to another franchise and then just leave.

I should play advent again, had a bloody ninja transformation. And it was purple, best thing ever.

Anth0ny

Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about all this RAM controversy

It sucks that the OS is hogging so much

but it's whatever

BlackJace

What is it about fucking RAM? Half of the muh fuckas don't even know about the intricacies of memory. To them, higher means better and low means worse.

PKrockin

I couldn't care less. In fact I wish people would stop pissing themselves over specs like this. All I see it leading to are more games that have to sell 3 million to break even.

Village

I kind of care, just because I cannot comprehend why you would need that much OS ram. And there was this arguement about how this could be halting game future of game development especially on PC's.

On the flip side, That is way more ram than the last consoles had. That is way more ram than the last of us had, last of us was big as shit. I

So I understand why they would care however I am not angry about the situation.

BlackJace

Oh yeah, we are kind of breaking the "no thread whining in SonicGAF" rule. But fuck it, we've had three awful threads on this shit.

It's fucking Random Access Memory, nothing to risk your account for.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Am I the only one who doesn't care at all about all this RAM controversy

It sucks that the OS is hogging so much

but it's whatever
I really don't care.

I just want to play video games. I want to have fun and not care so much about the stupid piece of plastic and metal that I use to play the game on outside of the fact that it's in working order.

Village

I really don't care.

I just want to play video games.
I want to have fun and not care so much about the stupid piece of plastic and metal that I use to play the game on outside of the fact that it's in working order.

To the bolded I usually do not take this stance because its often used to mute conversation about race and gender in video games. In this instance i kind of agree.

however to the non-bolded, its nothing really wrong or stupid about caring about the thing you play your games on. Knowing how it works is certainly a benefit, for repair,upkeep, maybe pursuing a career ect. However I know that the fact that it could been more powerful is a bit disappointing for some. I think its a bit silly because well its still way more ram than we have now, but for some its important. Epically the guys on the PC, who get ports and all that I can see why they feel this holding games back for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom