• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackJace

I learned about Bomberman through Atomic Bomberman on the PC. Complete with quips by Billy West and Charlie Adler, even though I had no idea who either of them were when I bought it! (I do now, though; Fry and Buster Bunny, respectively.)

If Bomberman Live or whatever the PSN/WiiWare equivalents are still around, those are decent ways to check the series out.

I've never actually played the N64 ones, I must confess.

Super Bomberman 1-5
Saturn Bomberman
Mega Bomberman/Bomberman '94
Bomberman 64
Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
Bomberman Hero
Bomberman Tournament

...and check out Bombermine: www.bombermine.com

Woah this is bigger series than I thought.

My first bomberman game was the one with Wario in it. It rocked

Actually, yeah this might have been my first as well, Wario Blast Featuring Bomberman, an odd title since it was a straight up Bomberman game just with Wario in it, should've been billed the other way around.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
You probably haven't seen that many children's movies/TV shows/children's live-action lately, then. And I'm not referring to movies/shows released recently, but older stuff, too.

Not everything has to be completely saccharine, and I honestly preferred it as a child when cartoons didn't treat me like an idiot that had to be protected through the use of euphemisms.

I find them oddly enduringly, like how badass of the X-men Wolverine uses "flamin" back in those 1980s Comics Code Approved books

"This isn't our flamin' problem, I'm outta here!"

I always mentally replace it with "fuckin" and it never refuses to make me laugh. Yes, I'm 13-years old why do you ask

Was watching Batman TAS a few days ago, and it never fails to impress me that while the show is mostly geared towards children, there's never any sense of the viewer being talked down to. They assume the viewers aren't completely braindead and script the episodes as such.

Was watching Batman TAS a few days ago, and it never fails to impress me that while the show is mostly geared towards children, there's never any sense of the viewer being talked down to. They assume the viewers aren't completely braindead and script the episodes as such.

Batman TAS has better writing then most "mature" video games these days and that's just..well that's just prime.

Every time I see that show i'm trying to figure out who the target audience actually is.

Twenty somethings that still watch cartoons.

Like me.

Batgirl's "death" in Over the Edge shocked the shit out of me as a kid. They animated her crashing through the windshield and everything.

Let's not even get started with Roxy Rocket.

And in Batman Beyond Terry kills more peopls than he ever arrests.

God I fucking love that show, I found the futuristic setting weird at first but man its a really good cyberpunk show.

Village

To get really weird Fosters home , a lot of it was just about how Craig McCracken wanted to do his wife.

And The grim adventures of Billy and mandy along with the kids next door had strait up race humor.

Batgirl's "death" in Over the Edge shocked the shit out of me as a kid. They animated her crashing through the windshield and everything.

Let's not even get started with Roxy Rocket.

That first person shot from the car is KILLER. I think that might actually be my favorite episode. Death, honor, loyalty, responsibility: each of these elements is presented and worked out with rigorous care and clarity of purpose. A serious and adult animated show that doesn't falling into the trap of thinking that mature themes require a "Mature Audiences" treatment.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wow Chaos is looking alot less liquidy then I remember. Turning a boss battle into a mini-levels pretty weird to! Me meeting a watery grave multiple times to him is nothing new though x.x

Thunder Shield challenge was pretty painfully unfun! Same goes for those super speedy baddies/platforms ones. I was getting sick just trying to get by platforms spinning and going up and down! Espio spotlight one was okay at least.

Anyways all the levels beyond here are brand new to me! For better or for worse.

You're suppose to make the hand hit the active bombs in that Death Egg boss fight.
I may have been trying to do that at one point but getting the timing down was ridiculously hard for me so I gave up an just blundered through the fight!

Seaside Hill Act 2 is the best level in the game by a wiiiiiiide margin, especially if you liked Sky Sanctuary's design. Don't give up on it too easily.
Heroes can only be the best at being the worst an my 1 time experience with both Acts is that they stink! Act 1 was nothing but crushers, drowning, an surprise spikes ~_~ The only good thing outta the level so far is the trick ring challenge though that just reminded me how much Rush's style of doing tricks is better then Generations.

Seaside Hill gave me a lot of trouble when I'd originally played the game too. Keep at it. And remember to save your boost for water segments since that's what I kept forgetting to do the first time around.
I dun remember any water segments that needed to be boosted through? Maybe some alternate paths I missed idk. I did encounter alot of water in the Rogue "wiles" challenge (were they being sarcastic with that description?) in which I fell through or slid off a ton of platforms into the water >_<

Tizoc

Saying the new Sonic LW game is gonna be 'dark' just sounds like PR nonsense.

Also It hink the 3rd Sonic game for Nintendo is gonna be an RPG game like the Mario and Luigi games.

Ok, I was kinda hoping for more of Columbia, but alternate universe Film Noir Bioshock, I'll take it

1375186790-burial-at-sea-episode-one-key-art.jpg

Noi

Still glad that I don't buy season passes without knowing what I'm getting beforehand.

Do regret buying Infinite digitally though.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team is getting released. Let's compare what different branches of Nintendo do to commemorate:

NCL: "Let's release a Luigi-braned 3DS LL! It's mostly white, but it has green Luigis of various shades all over it! (And one Mario, as a cute little detail for those paying close attention.) Clearly, this is the best way to celebrate one of our greenest Mario characters."

NoA: "Black 3DS XL. Because Luigi's black, right? I mean, he was totally black with Mr. L."

NoE: ""

u9fvpsimjkqg.gif

My wait for a green 3DS XL continues. Thanks, region-locking.

PKrockin

I really don't understand why people get so hung up on color that they delay their purchase for years. You know they're the exact same model, right?

Ok, I was kinda hoping for more of Columbia, but alternate universe Film Noir Bioshock, I'll take it

Hopefully this isn't gonna just be the various alternate timeline Booker/Elizabeths. I mean, it will be that, but I hope it's that and more.

I wouldn't mean them changing the original ending, to be honest. I like that ending, but the timey-wimey nature of what happened means it's ripe for tearing about too. Plus it'd send the guys who spent weeks figuring out the chain of events into a meltdown, aha.

I should point out that you might want to spoiler that whole deal there Coldman.

edit: good man, not that I expect many people who are yet to play Infinite but want to play it are going to roll in here but it's better to be safe.

I should point out that you might want to spoiler that whole deal there Coldman.

Yeah, I probably should. People who don't know what happens in Infinite yet should probably sort that out, though. Especially now they're openly talking about the Rapture DLC! :p

Oh, Nocturnowl, you fancy coming to the London meet-up? EviLore will be there! Me too. Plus a bunch of other cool duders.

Probably the closest any of us will get to a SonicGAF meet-up. Lol.

Well I appreciate the thought Coldman but let it be known that i'm pretty awful with meeting new people, I wouldn't mind going to one of these meet ups one day but I don't think it's really good for me right now.

I really don't understand why people get so hung up on color that they delay their purchase for years. You know they're the exact same model, right?
Well, I already have a launch original-model 3DS. I kind of want an XL so I don't cramp my hands playing it all the time, but for the time being, if I want to play something 3DS, I have the ability to. So, really, I'm not losing too much by just waiting until a color I want comes around... and I don't want to just jump straight to an XL now and then find out a color I'd been waiting for (green, specifically) showed up out of the blue like it did with the DSi.

Well I appreciate the thought Coldman but let it be known that i'm pretty awful with meeting new people, I wouldn't mind going to one of these meet ups one day but I don't think it's really good for me right now.

Fair enough. Felt it was worth a mention, I don't think many people check the OT in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom