• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHZ Mayor

Has it ever been explained why Sonic is pointing backwards in the Sonic 2 title screen?

tumblr_lrui6jo3jv1qbw92mo1_500.jpg

Most people go to coffee shops alone. That's a thing.

I dunno, restaurants are clearly a social experience in my mind. I can't bend it any other way,

Village

It depends on the type of restaurant, and how much I want the food in there,

I am not going to go to Olive Garden or something by myself, I do not feel like moving that much for that by myself

I will take my ass to an IHOP though, If I feel like moving.

I never got the social anxiety of going to the movies alone. You're in a pitch black room, if you're not an asshole you shut the fuck up, and you watch the screen for two hours. It's paradoxically one of the most social/anti-social things we regularly participate in. I usually find somebody to go with, but if there's a film I really want to see, who gives a fuck, I'll drive 5 minutes from my house and catch a matinee. It's like watching a blu-ray in my own house, I don't invite people over when I'm doing that, I'm watchin' the fuckin' movie.

Pretty much my view on it, too.

It's terrible for dates, too.

Co-signed.

No idea why people go to movies on first dates. First dates are job interviews, see if you can even stand being around this person for an undetermined amount of time...and you decide the best place for that is a big black room where you don't look or talk to each other for two hours?

Smart

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
No idea why people go to movies on first dates. First dates are job interviews, see if you can even stand being around this person for an undetermined amount of time...and you decide the best place for that is a big black room where you don't look or talk to each other for two hours?

Smart
Let's see...

My first bf, we went over to his place and played games for a bit. Though we were mostly friends than anything else.
Second bf, we went to the movies and I really would rather forget about this person because the relationship was pretty terrible.
Third / semi-current (we've been on a mutual break for a while) bf, we went out to eat and we explored his city a bit.

So, yeah, movies might not be the best idea, regardless of what TV tells you.

The one time I went to a movie with a date, we spent the whole time farting around and pissing off everyone around us rather than watching the damn film. And normally I'm the prick who wants to tell everyone to shut the fuck up.
and then we totally boned a few days after

So yeah. I'm right, JC's right, Schala's right.

Only did a movie first date once, and we both were getting bored, so we left like 30 minutes into the movie and chilled back at her place instead. To this day, I can't even remember what movie it was.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I remember that the movie that my ex and I saw was Pirates of the Caribbean and to this day, I cannot listen to the theme, watch any of the movies, or stand to hear anything from that franchise because my ex was just a complete asshole.

Thus first dates should never be movies.

Yeah, I was thinking that Bazza's use of it would get annoying for you. :lol

That sucks. The first PotC is great as well! But ah well. Strong associations like that are tough to get over. Finding Nemo is practically ruined for me for similar reasons.

That sucks. The first PotC is great as well! But ah well. Strong associations like that are tough to get over. Finding Nemo is practically ruined for me for similar reasons.

Was your wife also killed by a shark and it made you extra protective of your son?

Because yeah, that's kinda fucked up

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Chaos Emeralds fix gears and are giant sized now?

Plant Wisp: a factory for a final level seems about right! this had to be the most 2d Act 2 there is whats up with that? I got crushed at the roketto ceiling crush section right at the end x.x the all 2d version of it seems like it could have a buncha different paths thanks to the spike ball but its odd directional controls and me always falling to the bottom path anyway didn't help!

Random Challenges: I liked that shield trio one aside from constantly bumping into a shield container I didn't want! the Blaze putting out fires one was good to. I like the idea of having Sonic's shitty friends as powerups instead of playable! the music note tennis stage is broken right? sometimes I'd hit the note sometimes not, same for locking onto it so I gave up and did a switch puzzle! kinda outta place in a Sonic game~

Silver: boost & homing attack to win! that's new Sonic style right? nothing complicated about it so its okay with me!

Egg Dragoon: epic music, difficult fight! I couldn't dodge his attacks in 3d for the life of me! the 2d parts went on to long, wayyyy to much ice firing an way to little opportunities to attack. the freefall section was weird but it added another dimension to the battle so thats neat?

Time Eater: standard issue Super Sonic boss! it reminded me of SA & Rush's final bosses with the whole switching mechanic but how do you do damage with regular old Sonic?? beat it on my first try so I'd say it was pretty easy but that low ring alarm was nerve-wrecking!

Still got really mixed feelings on the gameplay but I oughta prolly replay the regular levels before judging. Beats Heroes at the very least!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

At first I was like, "Oh shit, that theme! D:" until I remembered that they use it on GCCX often. I can be a little forgiving in that instance, but man, I can't stand that theme at all in any capacity. Wound runs deep. Weird, though, because I can sometimes get over themes Baz likes to use often like Volcanic Rim and people like Bean can't. An audible groan whenever he hears it. :lol

Poor Finding Nemo. :(

It only worked with my first girlfriend because I paid for the both of us. Baller status baybee.
Pfft.

TheOGB

Banned
I like going to the movies with friends, but only if there's no one else but us. While I'm the kind of guy that likes to be able to focus on the movie and want to respect everyone else that wants to watch it, I'm also the guy that has a lot of fun making stupid commentary. :p

CorvoSol

Just fought the first boss in Sonic Generations.

What a terrible fight. Half the time I slipped off the side of his stupid fist. Arrrgh.

My first kiss was interrupted by a homeless dude jumping out behind a tree and yelling "Niggas ain't shiiiiiiiiit"

An awkward movie moment playing in the background seems a lot better in comparison from where I'm standing.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oh my god. I'm dying...

I'm sorry, Seven Force.

Chaos Emeralds fix gears and are giant sized now?

Plant Wisp: a factory for a final level seems about right! this had to be the most 2d Act 2 there is whats up with that? I got crushed at the roketto ceiling crush section right at the end x.x the all 2d version of it seems like it could have a buncha different paths thanks to the spike ball but its odd directional controls and me always falling to the bottom path anyway didn't help!

Time Eater: standard issue Super Sonic boss! it reminded me of SA & Rush's final bosses with the whole switching mechanic but how do you do damage with regular old Sonic?? beat it on my first try so I'd say it was pretty easy but that low ring alarm was nerve-wrecking!
Planet Wisp was originally mostly in 2D, that's why. I guess they took the level layout from the original Planet Wisp to heart and didn't include a lot of 3D sections. With that said, that's a small shame since drifting in Gens was better than it was in Colours.

And wow, you beat the Time Eater on your first time? That's awesome (because it's a poorly designed boss). For the most part, you're doing most damage with Modern Sonic. Classic Sonic's there to get rid of obstructions and stuff.

Just fought the first boss in Sonic Generations.

What a terrible fight. Half the time I slipped off the side of his stupid fist. Arrrgh.
You need to fight the final boss ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom