• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf for a month.

I have been writing something up for a while to express what I think of the game so far. Might surprise some of you, I suppose.

That was the mystery game I've been hinting at for a while in the Whatcha Been Playin' thread.

PKrockin

I just did City Escape in Sonic Generations and I would be a liar if I said that that level is not one of my favorite levels in any platformer ever. And that I am not cool enough to deny that its partially cuz of that song.

Such an awesome level. Almost makes me want to know if the SA version was any good.

SPOILERS: I have never played Sonic Adventure 1 and it has been YEARS since I fumbled through SA2.

Act 1, Act 2, or both? I like Act 2 a lot but half the level is just running from the truck, and while the new rockets and buzzsaws it got for Generations are pretty cool the first time, it gets old on replays.

As for the SA2 version I'd say it's one of the highlights. I have way too much nostalgia for it than is healthy though.

qq more

I just did City Escape in Sonic Generations and I would be a liar if I said that that level is not one of my favorite levels in any platformer ever. And that I am not cool enough to deny that its partially cuz of that song.

Such an awesome level. Almost makes me want to know if the SA version was any good.

SPOILERS: I have never played Sonic Adventure 1 and it has been YEARS since I fumbled through SA2.

SA2 version is great.

Generations' Act 2 version is basically that but extended and much crazier with the chase.

I have been writing something up for a while to express what I think of the game so far. Might surprise some of you, I suppose.

That was the mystery game I've been hinting at for a while in the Whatcha Been Playin' thread.

I beat The Last of Us earlier so we can have us a week of write ups.
I still need to whip up something for Pikmin 3 as well.

For some reason I just thought that with your previous hinting at a write up, the reveal of what the game is here and eventually the actual write up itself is very much like the announcement of announcement stuff this industry is so fond of,
oh man, it actually works, I've been awaiting a mystery tome!

CorvoSol

I just hope we're not talking about modern City Escape here, that was like the weakest modern stage in the game.
Classic is perfectly legit however.

Both, really, but mostly the Classic section. It just kinda feels like pure, plain, and simple fun.

I been playing ACNL, too! Basically I'm still up to my ears in debt to Nook and I can never get my hands on the sets I want in that game. Mermaid set is going to take forever to get.

Act 1, Act 2, or both? I like Act 2 a lot but half the level is just running from the truck, and while the new rockets and buzzsaws it got for Generations are pretty cool the first time, it gets old on replays.

As for the SA2 version I'd say it's one of the highlights. I have way too much nostalgia for it than is healthy though.

Classic Act, but I really enjoy both.

SA2 version is great.

Generations' Act 2 version is basically that but extended and much crazier with the chase.

Are the SA games worth playing in this day and age? I haven't honestly played many Modern Sonic games. Just Rush, and Colors DS.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
For some reason I just thought that with your previous hinting at a write up, the reveal of what the game is here and eventually the actual write up itself is very much like the announcement of announcement stuff this industry is so fond of,
oh man, it actually works, I've been awaiting a mystery tome!
I can assure you that it is about two pages in Word at the moment. I have many things to say about it. Probably might not post it tonight because I am feeling kind of tired.

Who knows, I might post it tonight (perhaps when you go to sleep since I know it's late there) if I actually get off my butt and continue writing it.

I'm surprised that the guess I got in that thread was a VN because I'd said: "On that note, I've been spending an extraordinary amount of time with a mystery game. I haven't revealed the nature of said mystery game to many people yet because it's not something I'd usually play." And I'd posted about VNs in that thread before. >.>

qq more

Are the SA games worth playing in this day and age? I haven't honestly played many Modern Sonic games. Just Rush, and Colors DS.

They're both still fun, but really flawed IMHO. SA1 suffers from a really unstable engine while SA2 suffers from questionable design decisions. But they're still really worth checking out. Despite the weaker engine, I prefer SA1 over 2.

Whatever you do, AVOID the Steam rerelease of SADX. It's shit. It even lags on my comp that can run Sonic Generations at 60fps just fine. SA2's steam release is fine I heard though.

Regiruler

That reminds me that I actually need to finish generations. Not sure whether to do it on my PC version where I'm not even a 3rd through or my PS3 version which I can't be bothered to turn on.

You guys should Dive into the mellow instead.

Both, really, but mostly the Classic section. It just kinda feels like pure, plain, and simple fun.
Righto, it's not that I think the modern stage is outright bad or anything, it's decent but it clings far too much to the format of the original SA2 stage only extending the less playable sections (board and truck chase which are more flash than substance) and being incredibly light on platforming in between these sections as well as overly linear.

I can assure you that it is about two pages in Word at the moment. I have many things to say about it. Probably might not post it tonight because I am feeling kind of tired.

Who knows, I might post it tonight (perhaps when you go to sleep since I know it's late there) if I actually get off my butt and continue writing it.

I'm surprised that the guess I got in that thread was a VN because I'd said: "On that note, I've been spending an extraordinary amount of time with a mystery game. I haven't revealed the nature of said mystery game to many people yet because it's not something I'd usually play." And I'd posted about VNs in that thread before. >.>
Well maybe it'll be my morning reading because it is indeed late here, but there's no need to rush. I haven't really said much about New Leaf myself but I figure that's because I just don't have much to really say about it.

Village

I personally thought that while the story was engaging , the non story parts were just, bleh. It was really stealthy weighty uncharted. It just made me want to get to the cutscenes, so I could stop the madness.

CorvoSol

You guys should Dive into the mellow instead.

Righto, it's not that I think the modern stage is outright bad or anything, it's decent but it clings far too much to the format of the original SA2 stage only extending the less playable sections (board and truck chase which are more flash than substance) and being incredibly light on platforming in between these sections as well as overly linear.

Well, maybe it is just that I haven't played the SA2 levels in ages and all I really remember is that Shadow was awesome and that playing as Dr. Robotnik and Tails was horrible, or maybe it is just that my last Sonic experience was playing through Sonic 2006 where the board literally did not work, but I don't know, it was pretty, it was fun, it wasn't ball bustingly difficult, and the music was catchy.

It's just that, outside of Sonic Rush and Colors DS, its been years since I've played a good Sonic game, let alone had a ton of fun playing one. Generations is just such a good game for me. It sort of feels like its washing away all the bad that Sonic 2k6 did to me.

DeVeAn

Sonic Archives is the main full-color reprint line starting from #1. Sonic Saga is equivalent, but starts from #162 since Archives is still years away from getting that far. Sonic Selects reprints the various special issues that they used to do back in the day. Sonic Legacy is a cheaper black and white trade paperback line that also starts from the beginning, but contains four times as many issues per volume as the others.
I see thanks. So for going digital what's the best way? Should I go singles or wait out archives?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well maybe it'll be my morning reading because it is indeed late here, but there's no need to rush. I haven't really said much about New Leaf myself but I figure that's because I just don't have much to really say about it.
Well, the precedent behind the thing I've been working on for a few days is that I never had an incentive to play the game before. I have a few things to note and I'd like to write it in a cohesive post.

With that said, I'm way too tired to actually think and form cohesive sentences at the moment, so maybe late tomorrow/Friday it'll go up. It's best that I go to bed anyway since I have to be up super-early.

TheOGB

Banned
Girls.png

Sciz

I see thanks. So for going digital what's the best way? Should I go singles or wait out archives?

Archives if they're available, but the release pace is glacial so don't hold your breath waiting. There isn't much overlap between what's available individually and in collected volumes anyway.

Village

After Ultra comes out if the next street fighter goes FTP but the greedy capcom version. Then I wil be in the screw capcom camp too.

All the franchises I buy from them are either dead or fighting games.

Did they actually give any details about what kind of game it'd be? Because I see no reason why a new BoF automatically sucks just because it's on tablets.

Noi

Did they actually give any details about what kind of game it'd be? Because I see no reason why a new BoF automatically sucks just because it's on tablets.

Simple Touch RPG for PC (Browser) and Smartphones, main BoF artist not working on the game.

Onimusha... whaaaaat...

This is weird. The good news is, it's the beginning of Capcom just exiting the console game business all together, which is probably good news, because they're full of unworthy hacks now.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom