• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
O8V4M3W.png

:D
"Alas, poor Cubot! I knew him, Robotnik; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rims at it."

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yay, Cubot and Orbot! Get hype. :O

I put my preorder down for both versions today. Along with some other preorders. And I was just telling Noi he was crazy about preordering so many things yesterday. :lol

Ehm, off the top of my head:
Thanks so much, fellas. I appreciate it a lot.

Seems kinda not noteworthy outside of a few stuff.

Luigi in Smash Bros. Get hype.
Schala don't care.

Lightning should be in Smash Bros. :V

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Speaking of, the newest Retsutalk has a lengthy discussion on what the two goons think of several entries of the series. You might enjoy that.
Oh, good! Thank you very much for this.

Schala is broken
I ripped Time & Eternity apart last night. Of course I'm broken.

Thou art... eh, you know.
Yeah, yeah. :p

Speaking of you, I'll be very interested in seeing the sales of Dragon's Crown. Both versions. Some people are actually buying both versions of the game. And I've heard so much buzz about the game from people who don't play games that often. This is obviously due to some of the controversy surrounding the game, but hearing people say that the game's really fun and reminiscent of games they've played in arcades, on the Genesis and other Beat-Em-Ups is kind of interesting.

It's generally talk I don't hear very often, that's all. I'm a little surprised.

Noi

Speaking of you, I'll be very interested in seeing the sales of Dragon's Crown. Both versions. Some people are actually buying both versions of the game. And I've heard so much buzz about the game from people who don't play games that often. This is obviously due to some of the controversy surrounding the game, but hearing people say that the game's really fun and reminiscent of games they've played in arcades, on the Genesis and other Beat-Em-Ups is kind of interesting.

It's generally talk I don't hear very often, that's all. I'm a little surprised.

I certainly hope it does well! Would be nice for Vanillaware to finally have their breakout title to put them in the spotlight for a longer time. It's really surprising to hear that the game only cost $1M to make, seeing how it's available on two different platforms.

Really with them drawn to that size it's a missed opportunity for the Sorceress' knockers to be used as a hard hitting attack on the occasion when even magic can do no good.

Apparently EU doesn't get the game until October or something, I can't say i'm that interested in it but had it dropped around now instead of within the late year frenzy I might have ended up giving it a shake....okay maybe that's a poor choice of words there.
But it's nice to hear that it's potentially got some kind of success going for it seeing as its arguably a pretty niche game as well as the being in the middle of all that controversy.

I certainly hope it does well! Would be nice for Vanillaware to finally have their breakout title to put them in the spotlight for a longer time. It's really surprising to hear that the game only cost $1M to make, seeing how it's available on two different platforms.

Really?

You would think all that gorgeous artwork wouldn't be cheap.

Noi

Really?

You would think all that gorgeous artwork wouldn't be cheap.

That's what Kamitani's said! The game already paid for itself with the Japanese release, so 'murica + Yurop sales are icing on the cake.

Dragon's Crown is $50!? I thought it was $20. Holy fuck, I ain't paying for that.

...What makes a feature complete 2D Beat'em up with tons of replay value not worth $50? This isn't some shallow 2 hour game like Scott Pilgrim or that awful Double Dragon remake.

Eh, I personally don't mind putting down $50 for it, though granted, I haven't really bought many console games this year. That reminds me, I should put in my pre-order for that physical version of Chronicles of Mystara.

There's a physical version of that? I had no idea!

Yeah, but it's JP PS3 release only, like Okami and the HD Resident Evil ports.

Weird thing is that the disc release isn't being worked on by Iron Galaxy, but Japanese Capcom staff that actually worked on the original arcade games. Has a bunch of features not in the digital release, either (New Game+, Every player can choose the same character, etc.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Wii U owners: does the sensor bar that came with the Wii also work with the Wii U? I really don't want to take things out of the box that I don't need.

Like, if the same plugs work and stuff, I certainly won't mind leaving them in the box, too.

It's more of a case of me saving space. Like, I have this cord spaghetti to deal with, and if I have to sort out issues with this other stuff, then it's like... I'll have to remove something. And I don't want to remove my Wii because I use it as a GameCube sometimes.

Yeah, but it's JP PS3 release only, like Okami and the HD Resident Evil ports.

Weird thing is that the disc release isn't being worked on by Iron Galaxy, but Japanese Capcom staff that actually worked on the original arcade games. Has a bunch of features not in the digital release, either (New Game+, Every player can choose the same character, etc.)
I had no idea! Hmmm. I kinda want to put that on a list and file it away. That sounds really neat! Thanks for the info.

Tizoc

BTW Schala, could you check your PM please?

...and if anyone's not feeling like dropping $50 for Dragon's Crown, there's Red Star for PS2, for $10 and is only 500 MB bigger than DC!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nintendo, pls.

Yeah, just orient it in another direction so I have to have two bricks on my desk.

dsc008603rofr.jpg

Let's all pray for my power bar. Because oh man I dunno how much it can hold.

EDIT: Oh man, the power bar is full! Well, shit. Gonna have to hook the SNES up in an alternative setting. Changing up wires in this room. I fully blame qq more for this.
Also, I really don't like how you have to charge the gamepad with yet another power brick. I get it, but it's just too bad you can't charge it with a USB cable like you could with the pro controller apparently. I have that charging where I usually charge my portables, but I don't like that aspect.

BTW Schala, could you check your PM please?
I did. I'll work on it in a moment. I actually started working on it, and then I got distracted since I remembered "Oh yeah, people are bugging me to set up my Wii U."

qq more

weeeeeeee uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I think the console itself is finally getting good. The holidays sounds pretty dang good for it now.

Shame it's still selling poorly.

EDIT: ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! ! ! ! . !!! '-' .-.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I see the weirdest things on the way to work.
LMAO

what the hell?

EDIT: ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! ! ! ! . !!! '-' .-.
You've been buggin' me for the last two days, kid.

I had to move my SNES AC adapter for thisssss. And my landline phone's adapter. I hope you're happy.

Additionally, I've been kneeling on the floor for too long while trying to sort this cord nonsense out. My knees hurt because the ground is carpeted.

Spinluck

He was holding up a sign in front of a local gaming store lol.

Not to long before I took this, a jogger running passed him gave him an epic high five. It was pretty damn funny. We laughed our asses off.

Poor dude though it's over 90 degrees here.

PKrockin

Schala I've heard a few people are using USB cables to charge their gamepad with the Wii U's USB port. That might save you some clutter by not having to use the gamepad's own power brick/plug.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Schala I've heard a few people are using USB cables to charge their gamepad with the Wii U's USB port. That might save you some clutter by not having to use the gamepad's own power brick/plug.
Oh, they're probably using the Nyko thing. Or is it a regular ol' USB cable?

Not to long before I took this, a jogger running passed him gave him an epic high five. It was pretty damn funny. We laughed our asses off.
Ahahaha, that's amazing.

Echidona, that's what I'm representing,
Never seen a mic-hog spit like a menace.
Wild Canyon fun, I gotta chase a bat, huh,
Yeah, Rouge, she's sexy and smooth.
A double cross spy thief that's out for my jewels, uh!
I'm feelin' her in mysterious ways.
That's why I stay on point like every single day,
I gotta protect this place, I do it for my race, uh, uh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom