• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Even if you could do that, you still can't take out files from the Wii U discs because nobody has decrypted the new form of Nintendo's paranoia layers of DRM again. (All the Wii hacking has got them doing some ridiculous stuff that even makes development more complicated)

Rayman was the only thing that gave me a mild interest in attempting to get a Wii U (and it only felt like getting dragged to it rather than wanting one) regardless of the ridiculous hoops/prices I have to jump through, but hey, thanks Ubi!
That's true. And man, it's stuff like that which makes me disappointed with respect to the unlikely odds of Wii U / 3DS homebrew being a thing (because region-free is better for me). Rayman was the game I'd wanted for Wii U too! But then they said it'd be releasing on other systems, and I've decided to get the Vita version, so...

You're not planning on getting a Wii U for Lost World, Dario? Or at least down the line?

Tizoc

I rather like how Crash 2 did its secret exits/pathways, like the Nitro boxes that don't 'bounce', the lone enemy on a ledge, etc. The one with the Giant Polar Bear falling is interesting if you recall that in previous stages the boulder or beat would still follow you up to the checkpoint or room.
Of course the way me and bros found them was via GameFAQs, but even then I liked how they did it =P

A Crash 1 remake would be interesting though...

BlackJace

I've kind of lost interest in the series, really. It's through no fault of it's own or anything, I just... find myself caring less and less about the series these days.

I see, I was burnt out after Soul Silver. I took a long break by skipping Black and White, and their sequels.

Now I'm fuckin pumped and ready to get back in. I totally respect your choice though, sometimes a break is necessary.

Dario ff

Banned
You're not planning on getting a Wii U for Lost World, Dario? Or at least down the line?

Nintendo just seems to have completely ignored us in the last years. They still haven't started selling the 3DS at all, let alone the Wii U. It's kind of silly when even the PS4 is getting marketing here... Thing needs a price cut ASAP to even consider importing it, the $350 price tag gets even more ridiculous when going through 100% importation taxes, and it ends up being actually more expensive than my current PC. (Taxes included!)

Lost World has lost my interest so far, so I'll just wait until the game comes out. I have no idea what the focus of this game is so far, it really seems all over the place and very inconsistent. That could just be Sega's marketing tho.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I haven't played a Pokemon game since White/SoulSilver and it's probably going to stay that way. I've realized that the series is just no longer for me, particularly because I don't get excited about anything about it. Shame. It's a good beginner monster-catching RPG.

Man, I am sleepy.

I don't know how it's possible, but the English version of Tales of Xillia has some sort of slowdown/framerate drops that didn't exist in the Japanese version. So weird. There's this weird pause before you open up the menu, and some frames drop in places where frames didn't drop before. What did they do? And the whole "audio production in this game is really bad" thing has been beaten to death...

Nintendo just seems to have completely ignored us in the last years. They still haven't started selling the 3DS at all, let alone the Wii U. It's kind of silly when even the PS4 is getting marketing here... Thing needs a price cut ASAP to even consider importing it, the $350 price tag gets even more ridiculous when going through 100% importation taxes, and it ends up being actually more expensive than my current PC. (Taxes included!)

Lost World has lost my interest so far, so I'll just wait until the game comes out. I have no idea what the focus of this game is so far, it really seems all over the place and very inconsistent. That could just be Sega's marketing tho.
That's how I feel about its level design and makeup of the game, and it makes me feel kind of uneasy about it. I've already said stuff about the controls, too. There's little cohesive flow to the game to me so far. Maybe it's because of the levels Sega picked out, or if it's because a lot of the footage seems all over the place in terms of what Sonic's doing, momentum, flow, etc.

That's so weird. The 3DS has been out for a while now, so I would've expected for them to start selling it in South America by now. I'm almost not surprised that PS4 has been getting more media there than the Wii U, but lordy, I didn't expect to hear that about the 3DS at all. Disappointing. I can understand your reservations about getting one, especially since having a PC would be more cost-effective (and you've already demonstrated time and time again and you get way more out of it than you would a console, typically).

BlackJace

Only three more days of Backloggery until I go into Dream Team. I suppose I can use my $30 credit for it.

That sounds like a terrible situation for importing, where do you live?

PKrockin

I don't know how it's possible, but the English version of Tales of Xillia has some sort of slowdown/framerate drops that didn't exist in the Japanese version. So weird. There's this weird pause before you open up the menu, and some frames drop in places where frames didn't drop before. What did they do? And the whole "audio production in this game is really bad" thing has been beaten to death...
I guess not only the development of the game was rushed but also the localization.

wait, what'd I miss

oh wow
I don't really put much stock into it. It's only about as bad as the official Pokédex app that's on iOS, really; inconsequential fluff that's irrelevant to the greater scope of the franchises in question.

Although putting it as "Sony going iOS before Nintendo" is highly amusing, I'll grant you.

Sciz

Although putting it as "Sony going iOS before Nintendo" is highly amusing, I'll grant you.

That, and the sheer shamelessness of the Coke promotional tie-in, and the out of the blue resurrection of the PSAS name.

edit: In other news, SMB1 is indeed a better designed game than SMB3. Not necessarily the better game as a whole, but it made a lot of smart decisions that SMB3 moved away from, to the detriment of how satisfying the core gameplay is.

qq more

I see, I was burnt out after Soul Silver. I took a long break by skipping Black and White, and their sequels.

Now I'm fuckin pumped and ready to get back in. I totally respect your choice though, sometimes a break is necessary.

BW2 is the first Pokemon game I've skipped. I wasn't very at all impressed with BW1 because it felt rather boring and too samey... as in it's just a slightly refined Gen 4. I never got the crazy praise for it *shrugs* It was an okay game itself I guess

qq more

joZRsoUeUOOoe.png

*dead*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I woke up at 7PM, ha!

ha...
It doesn't surprise me anymore.

But shit. I hate sleeping so long like that. It's honestly the worst. Not only am I not active, but I lose so many hours out of the day that I could use to do other things. I needed the sleep, but I didn't need that much of it. Anyway, I need to play a game I promised to play with someone else.

And I'm hopefully going to enjoy it.

Spinluck

These things usually don't bother me.

But I figured that if you're a person who enjoys Sonic games, you'd have a Wii U... or get one eventually.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
What did I say about yammering on about people? Say it to their faces in the thread.

And I know way too much about ET for the Atari 2600 for my own good.

These things usually don't bother me.

But I figured that if you're a person who enjoys Sonic games, you'd have a Wii U... or get one eventually.
Pretty much. That's where Sonic typically sells the most so it's no surprise to see Sega going for that platform again.

Animal Crossing?
Luigi's Mansion 2, actually. One of our GAF lurkers and I decided to play it together when he finished his Mega Man and Bass project.

My work hours are 12:30 PM to 9:30 PM.

Therefore I get out of bed at noon and go to sleep at four in the morning.
Eek, those hours are pretty nuts.

This used to be me. Well... it kinda still is. People tease that I don't get enough sleep, and that's kind of true to an extent. Regardless, I don't go to bed until the wee hours of the morning at the moment. I suspect that might cha... that isn't going to change next month when my schedule's different.

qq more

I forgot to mention I've beaten Dream Land 3. ...Okay game, some of the levels takes too long, Kirby feels slow and the star missions are annoying.

Also wasn't a fan how every world has 6 levels and a boss stage. It would've been acceptable if the last few worlds didn't have lengthy stages.

Started on Kirby 64 this morning, I'm really enjoying it so far. Still as great as I remember it! Finite flying is kind of weird though. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom