• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mg86leshI61rw2x8eo1_500.gif

Regiruler

I got my weekly reminder today as to why I stay out of off-topic GAF.

Anyway, what (Sonic) game do you think had the best bosses? I personally think Rush Adventure had some really good ones.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yes...the board is rife with negativity, it's nice to hear just positive comments instead.
I'm not as negative as a ton of people, though.

Either way, I'm going back to what I said in another thread. I am not going to sugarcoat shit I find disagreeable. If I have to say something about something, I'll say it somewhere. If I have to rip something apart, I will. If I don't, I'm just not being honest with myself, and I'm not being honest to other people either.

Pacific Rim is so good. I downplayed it in front of my friends, but bah gawd I was marking out.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I should've went to see that insteaaaad. Wolverine felt like it had weird pacing, and the last third was pretty bad.

I'm not as negative as a ton of people, though.

Either way, I'm going back to what I said in another thread. I am not going to sugarcoat shit I find disagreeable. If I have to say something about something, I'll say it somewhere. If I have to rip something apart, I will. If I don't, I'm just not being honest with myself, and I'm not being honest to other people either.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck, I should've went to see that insteaaaad. Wolverine felt like it had weird pacing, and the last third was pretty bad.

Agree to disagree.

BlackJace

I finally held a Wii U controller today at Gamestop. That shit is light. Also, the screen wasn't as bad as I thought, what with some people claiming it makes them gag or something.

The section they had dedicated to the games was pathetically small though lol. Do work, Ninty.

...so Capcom can reprint gold editions of the DuckTales NES game, bit they can't print Ace Attorney 5 at retail. What.

I finally held a Wii U controller today at Gamestop. That shit is light. Also, the screen wasn't as bad as I thought, what with some people claiming it makes them gag or something.

The section they had dedicated to the games was pathetically small though lol. Do work, Ninty.
I'm still miffed they have the same three demos at the kiosk.

BHZ Mayor

I'd honestly take a most of the hyperbolic negative Nintendo opinions with a grain of salt. These are probably some of the same people that said motion controls ruined Mario Galaxy or made Skyward Sword unplayable.

I'd honestly take a most of the hyperbolic negative Nintendo opinions with a grain of salt. These are probably some of the same people that said motion controls ruined Mario Galaxy or made Skyward Sword unplayable.

Well I wouldn't say they *ruined* Galaxy. But I honestly would've enjoyed it more if I could've used a regular controller. Still a good enough game though.

qq more

I don't think I can get into Amazing Mirror. It's too convoluted for a Kirby game. I really appreciate how smooth it controls though. Not to mention the super nice animations.

Gonna be an unbelievable hypocrite for a moment here: I'm kinda getting an overwhelming urge to get Ducktales HD just because of some issues I've had with seeing footage of the game. Mainly involving tone and the juxtaposition of two very distinct branches of nostalgia the game seems to be bad at juggling. Anyway, I kinda want to see if I'm right about that.

Game looks fun itself, but yeah.

Edit: Aw Blackjace, not this way dammit!
I'm sure he'll be back for similar reasons to what Coldman said, hopefully it's one of those brief bans.

I don't think I can get into Amazing Mirror. It's too convoluted for a Kirby game. I really appreciate how smooth it controls though. Not to mention the super nice animations.
It was my first Kirby game but I do have trouble going back to it now, the map is very poor at conveying information and will often have you treading over the same ground over and over trying to find the one door that leads in the right direction as opposed to the one that leads to a goal that just throws you back to the hub. Maybe a Kirby game in the Metroidvania style would've benefited more from a Milky Way Wishes kind of setup where you earn your copy powers as you go and in turn could use them to open up new paths. It's still a decent enough game however and there's an odd joy in calling in the Kirby's to join in on boss battles, unfortunately calling them any other time feels pointless. Oh and Emerald Spray Paint on my Kirby all the time, that feature needs to be in every game though Mouse Attack Squeak Squad is the only other one I know of that reused this concept.

Gonna be an unbelievable hypocrite for a moment here: I'm kinda getting an overwhelming urge to get Ducktales HD just because of some issues I've had with seeing footage of the game. Mainly involving tone and the juxtaposition of two very distinct branches of nostalgia the game seems to be bad at juggling. Anyway, I kinda want to see if I'm right about that.

Game looks fun itself, but yeah.

So we can look forward to Coldman complaints? time to join the party of grouches.
I'm on the fence regarding Duck Tales, my time spent with the original game was brief so I remember very little. The main thing that bugs me is the idea of the platforming flow being interrupted by dialogue, of course you can skip it but even so it's a bit of a flow breaker regardless.

Noi

I've got Ducktales preordered thanks to the PSN Play promotion. Don't have much nostalgia for the original cause I never played it, but it's a Wayforward title so it must be good.

Heavy sarcasm at the end there.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I preordered DuckTales anyhow, even if I'm not a huge fan of WayForward.

I really wonder how that game's going to turn out when all is said and done. I have a DuckTales cart lying around here somewhere, but I haven't played the original game in a very long time. I know that the music's going to be good, though. That's an assured thing.

By the way, late this morning, just before I woke up, I had a dream where Aang was fighting Perfect Chaos, who was attached to the ceiling of the interior of a remarkably white and brightly-lit TARDIS.

It made just as much sense in context.

BHZ Mayor

By the way, late this morning, just before I woke up, I had a dream where Aang was fighting Perfect Chaos, who was attached to the ceiling of the interior of a remarkably white and brightly-lit TARDIS.

It made just as much sense in context.

Sounds like someone's been watching too much Saltybet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom