• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Oscar Worthy Choices That Have A Big And Meaningful Impact On The Story

tumblr_mobnx7utc81qijc81o1_500.png

oh gosh everything depends on this moment can I pull both triggers at the same time
Bwahahahahaha!

Ohhhh lordy. I need to see more of SR4, just because I'm curious as to how batshit it's going to be.

Edit: New page, need quote.

TheOGB

Banned
The Mario & Luigi Dream Team tutorial complaints seem kind of unfounded so far on the basis that you can skip them or A your way through them? Like, select "No" and you don't have to go through the tutorial? I can see some people getting irritated that you have to say "no" a lot, but this is a lot like Bowser's Inside Story so far, and I really don't see a problem here given that the tutorials are tailored for newcomers.

I have to say that I love the NPC dialogue, too. "Visiting person!" and a few others got a chuckle out of me.

This is so much better than Sticker Star so far.
Somewhere deep inside us, we're all a little bit Egoraptor

Oscar Worthy Choices That Have A Big And Meaningful Impact On The Story

tumblr_mobnx7utc81qijc81o1_500.png

oh gosh everything depends on this moment can I pull both triggers at the same time
Where's the option for "Fuck that, fund more whorephenages"?

Leaning toward "nobody goes hungry", myself. Curing cancer would only exacerbate food shortage issues.

Although my Dad had prostate cancer (might still, but I think the surgery was successful in general)... I dunno.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Saints Row sucks, GTA will be better, SR1/2 was better, this looks boring, this looks too crazy, this looks like SR3.5/glorified DLC, dildo bats, farts in jars, shit-spraying, etc.
That's exactly what a friend of mine said, JC. Hence waiting and seeing.

Wasn't it originally supposed to be SR3 DLC?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How the hell do you go from San Andreas to GTA4?

Phone calls to go bowling, bad checkpointing, poor mission design (and they lacked variety), weird controls, story that falls off the rails after 1/4 of the way in, poor game design structure . Niko was also a strange character, who was completely dissonant with what the character stood for and what his actions were (ie: the game's tone and the gameplay continuously clashed--get away from a life of crime, but kill tons of people). Cars didn't handle very nicely. It just ended up not being fun to play by virtue of just feeling repetitive or not fun to play. The city itself was just there to give off the illusion of scale. Couldn't talk to a lot of people, couldn't go into a lot of buildings, yet you could watch TV/go on the internet which should have really been relegated to side stuff as opposed to core gameplay mechanics. Additionally, make the relationship system worth working on or don't include it at all. The game, overall, was just boring and it felt lacking in substantial and varied content.

Also, button-mashing to sprint is a stupid decision.

At least Gay Tony and The Lost and the Damned were decent, I guess.

Emitan

Haven't been keeping up with Sonic discussion on GAF at all...

Am I the only one not excited for Lost World? The more I see of it the less excited I am and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just done with Sonic games? I loved Colors and Generations but nothing about LW excites me :(

I actually don't care for either GTA or Saints Row.

But at least Saints Row had that boss fight that took place on a giant floating airship, which looked pretty kickass.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Haven't been keeping up with Sonic discussion on GAF at all...

Am I the only one not excited for Lost World? The more I see of it the less excited I am and I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm just done with Sonic games? I loved Colors and Generations but nothing about LW excites me :(
A lot of people here feel the same way, actually. Lots of the footage doesn't seem to strike people's fancy in terms of feeling odd about the level design, the lack of speed, not being able to try out how it controls at all, etc.

The game looks good, mind, but it's just a question of whether or not the gameplay is smooth or if everything is cohesive. It doesn't seem to be at the moment.

Emitan

And the way Sonic is dispatching enemies reminds me too much of Bubble chains from Sonic 4. Look at all these enemies right next to each other where you just spam A to win!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
People simply couldn't identify with CJ in San Andreas. Meanwhile, GTA4 had Niko, a Russian former military man who everyone can relate to!
Identifying with someone from SoCal is soooo hard. :(

And the way Sonic is dispatching enemies reminds me too much of Bubble chains from Sonic 4. Look at all these enemies right next to each other where you just spam A to win!
His momentum actually seems to hit 0 whenever he attacks enemies as opposed to flowing back into running or still having a sense of speed. It's kinda weird to look at.

Tizoc

but the gif from Awkward Sonic Pics:
tumblr_mri3adpEW61s201hzo2_400.gif

Hey that's how I felt about Knuckles in 3!

That image of SR4, has already sold me on it, gonna get it, Kira is Dead, OP Musou 2 and Tales of Xillia by the end of the month, sucks I don't have many games to trade off to trim down their price though @_@

The Mario & Luigi Dream Team tutorial complaints seem kind of unfounded so far on the basis that you can skip them or A your way through them? Like, select "No" and you don't have to go through the tutorial? I can see some people getting irritated that you have to say "no" a lot, but this is a lot like Bowser's Inside Story so far, and I really don't see a problem here given that the tutorials are tailored for newcomers.

I have to say that I love the NPC dialogue, too. "Visiting person!" and a few others got a chuckle out of me.

This is so much better than Sticker Star so far.
Unfounded my arse.
A lot of people seems to be passing judgement on the tutorial complaints after playing the opening segments, usually this would make sense right because tutorials only appear at the start of most games but rest assured that Dream Team will be watching over you, 10 hours, 15 hours in, 20 hours in, and there's nary a skip option in sight, unless of course NoA spent the last month adding more skipping options to your Bro-less copies of the game in which case being told that I can just skip the unskippable would make a hell of a lot more sense than it currently does.

YEAH I'M MAD!

Tizoc

The M&L: Dream Team tutorials weren't an issue for me *shrugs*

What do you think of the game's music so far Schala?

EDIT: What late game tutorials are you guys talking about?

qq more

Double post but who cares

I've just finished Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland last night. Excellent remake, even though it's somewhat easier than Adventure, the neat visual update and the lack of slowdowns made me enjoy this more. And is it me or does Kirby control generally smoother? Nothing wrong with the controls in the NES version, but in the remake it feels improved somehow. Also, I like that you can now start flying with the A button.

I also like that they added Kirby 64's mini boss theme and the Fountain of Dreams (Melee) remix in this game.

I'm on my way to 100% Extra Mode. I might take a break from it and begin Squeak Squad once I unlock Metaknight so I won't get burned out.

I think Kirby is smoother to control, being able to initiate flight with the jump button is in fact a big difference to how much more fluid the game feels. Meta Knightmare is nothing special really, it's just like running through the game with the sword power and nothing else, unlike say Return to Dreamland MK lacks extra diveristy in his moveset so it probably would be best to jump ahead to Squeak Squad.
Squeak Squad isn't an inspired outing but as a basic Kirby game it's still pretty fun even if it isn't really ambitious.

A quick response to Tizoc's query up there, I did have a whole post ready but have withheld it for REASONS, in turn i've let qq perform the great sin of double posting. But anyway, late game tutorials tend to come in the form of Luiginary works or what you could call field moves (like Spin Jump or even ones used with specific Luiginary works like the multiple Luigi stuff).
Unlike the few early battle tutorials which can be skipped these are always required, after so many hours it really begins to grate, especially because they make you perform the video game equivalent of a sober man taking a sobriety test for most of these.

qq more

I think Kirby is smoother to control, being able to initiate flight with the jump button is in fact a big difference to how much more fluid the game feels. Meta Knightmare is nothing special really, it's just like running through the game with the sword power and nothing else, unlike say Return to Dreamland MK lacks extra diveristy in his moveset so it probably would be best to jump ahead to Squeak Squad.
Squeak Squad isn't an inspired outing but as a basic Kirby game it's still pretty fun even if it isn't really ambitious.
I'm playing both Adventure and Nightmare in Dreamland now to compare the controls. NiD wins by a landslide.

I like that when you're flying, you can give yourself a neat speed boost by inhaling and exhaling rapidly. (spam the B button while holding up) In Adventure, that isn't possible because Kirby loses momentum whenever he spits out air. So this is a very welcome change.

Also, is it me or is Kirby a bit faster in the remake? It might be just the resolution giving an illusion, but I'm not entirely sure.

I've aware about all of Meta Knightmare. I'll still play it eventually, but yeah I'll play Squeak Squad before that so I won't get burned out.

In speaking of, I've already beaten Squeak Squad (twice). But I'm going to replay it again for the sake of the marathon. The game is good, but I agree that it doesn't feel as ambitious as most of the other games. I might enjoy it more this time, especially that I'm in a big Kirby mood now.

TimmiT

Yeah, sadly the cutscenes are pretty bad and break the flow of the game. Otherwise it's pretty good.

Also, woop:
vkz8DHE.jpg

Also my real name really is TimmiT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom