• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Anything new about the upcoming Sonic cartoon, and on the iOS port of Sonic 2 by CW?

I'm still debating on DuckTales Remastered but I think I'll wait a while...

Buy it so Wayforward can remake whatever NES disney game you want next.

Also get SEGA's Castle of Illusion remake so it'd be 1+ sale for World of Illusion re-release =V

So this is how it feels to be out of the loop a bit because of work, heh.

But yeah, I'm waiting for the "boxed" release of DuckTales Remastered since I really, really want that box art.

Hopefully the Castle of Illusion remake turns out to be good. My impressions of what's been shown so far have actually grown slightly positive as more media's been shown. (The fact that the PSN version is apparently getting the Genesis game along with it is nice, too.)

Buy it so Wayforward can remake whatever NES disney game you want next.

I really, really hope that they get the chance to do more of these remakes provided that DuckTales performs well. I would kill for a Rescue Rangers remake.
And it has the infinitely superior theme song to boot.

something something OMG SQUARE I BELIEVE AGAIN something USED GAMES $400 SONY WINS E3 something something oh dem yank blokes at M$ are in bloody trouble, eh mates

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm having tons of fun with Luigi's Mansion 2 and Dream Team so far.

i am having fun with video games someone check to see if i have a fever or if im sick or something help

I wonder if people who lurk this thread often react the same way to many of our conversations.
No one lurks this thread.

...I think.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/08/17/review-ducktales-remastered/

I wonder how long it's gonna take before somebody leaves a comment with "What does this have to do with Sonic?"

Happens on every review I post on TSSZ that isn't... well, you know.
Ooooh, danke. I keep wondering if I should keep my preorder for it, but I think I'll give it a shot. I know you had a lot of reservations about it being kind of stilted or something, but going by your review so far, you seem to think it's pretty good by virtue of giving the levels a specific goal in mind to go for.

And scrolling down to the comments section, wow, someone actually said it. :lol :lol

It doesn't bother me that Xillia is missing a few things that have been in most Tales games before it, despite being an "anniversary game." I don't think it was even marketed as such outside Japan.

And the Gigantos almost are in the game as part of the Fell Arms quest... I mean, they aren't the size of a mansion, but they're ridiculously hard optional monster bosses. Works for me.
Yes, I think that was a good idea, actually. Not marketing the game as a 15th anniversary game like Vesperia was marketed as a 10th anniversary game. To be honest, I think it would've been a faux-pas if they did considering the west didn't get a lot of the Tales games in general. But I have to admit that it does bother me. Especially coming off of Graces, Narikiri Dungeon X, and Radiant Mythology 3, which felt like anniversary games in their own right. Xillia being more barren and not

Oh, I think I used the Gigantos as an example of hidden bosses as opposed to just being Gigantos for the sake of Gigantos. They do exist in Xillia 2, and you can farm one of them for bonus XP, lol.

I'm not sure what happens in Chapter 4 that throws the game for a loop balance-wise or story-wise, but Abyss and Vesperia both had very exploitable mechanics to cheese battles and they both lost steam in the last 1/3rd of the game so I was already expecting that.

For the most part I don't agree that these are examples of streamlining. Not when you compare them to the series as the West knows it. The Lillium Orb isn't simpler than EX-Gems in Symphonia, C.Cores in Abyss, or weapon skills in Vesperia. Having choice in what shops to invest in and how much isn't streamlined compared to each shop having a set inventory. The fields are pretty barren, but I get the impression that's due to a lack of time rather than intent. You've got some places like the beach area at the beginning and the deepwoods that are more interesting to navigate and then you've got some places that are just big fields you walk straight through. It's strange.

I don't see how the "cinematic cutscenes" really have anything to do with streamlining... they're just animated and directed better.
Well, for the most part, that's what people say about it when they compare it to FF13, and I can certainly see why they do. The Lillial Orb is rather simple, and I kind of like the extension of Capacity Cores that Xillia 2 takes because one of the criticisms that Xilila got was that the levelling system was too simple in terms of giving the player of the illusion of choice. People wanted more complexity, or at least more feedback in terms of getting stronger post-battles/arte usage. With the Lillial Orb system, you don't necessarily have to put much thought into which orbs you get unless you're working on getting a specific skill or you're working on expansion. By the end, you're going to get them all anyway, so your choices end up lacking any sort of importance by the end.

And the problem with Chapters 3/4 is that they're much shorter than the rest of the game. And what I meant by more cinematic cutscenes, I mean that the game's development blueprint and design was designed such that it's more narratively focused as opposed to being cohesive and enveloping everything like Destiny and Symphonia were. Even Graces had that problem where the systems had more of a focus than the narrative.

And now that I think about it, I guess in the end, what many people had issues with were the lack of diversity/variety in terms of what the player could do, adequate battle balancing, and general incoherence that the game had to offer.

(Sorry qq more)

something something OMG SQUARE I BELIEVE AGAIN something USED GAMES $400 SONY WINS E3 something something oh dem yank blokes at M$ are in bloody trouble, eh mates

Look, I'm excited for Gamescom and I need to know what hype looks like, OK?! ;_;

I'm having tons of fun with Luigi's Mansion 2 and Dream Team so far.

i am having fun with video games someone check to see if i have a fever or if im sick or something help

Great to hear! It is the Year of Luigi after all, of course you'd enjoy those games.
*cue Iwata laughter from afar*

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I wish we had video or archive or something of our IRC during Sony's E3.
I actually do think I have the log, lol.

...Now it's accurate.

Actually, I don't think anyone proclaimed that Sorny won E3, either, because people were down on some of the games announced for the PS4.

No one lurks this thread.

...I think.

14k posts vs. 277k views. I'd say we have plenty of lurkers.

i8Mx8Ghhy6cC2.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Look, I'm excited for Gamescom and I need to know what hype looks like, OK?! ;_;

Great to hear! It is the Year of Luigi after all, of course you'd enjoy those games.
*cue Iwata laughter from afar*
The best thing to do is to not get hyped. At all. Hype kills everything.

And lol. Maybe that's the case. Ahahahahaha. I even have the hard copy for Super Luigi U preordered. >.>

Luigi's Mansion 2 did surprise me, though. My expectations for that one were admittedly low. The bosses are pretty inconsistent, and upon learning why that is the case, it makes sense for that part of the game to feel slightly incoherent.

14k posts vs. 277k views. I'd say we have plenty of lurkers.

*runs and hides*

Just when you thought your more controversial opinions were safe from the masses.

Aw Beef, I miss when Sin Cara was a weekly feature of botching entertainment.

qq more

I can't wait for making another stupid avatar bet about Cena!

No, just kidding. I don't know what the fuck I was thinking doing a bet about something I don't even care about. I'm stupid.

Don't mind me: Trying to keep up with the thread.

I was kind of like that. Except replace the square part with "Wow, a modern FF that actually looks appealing" and "Yay! Indie games!"

But nothing compared to my reactions about Mega Man in Smash Bros from Nintendo's E3. I spammed the chat to death. :)

Please kill more of them? Well ok, since you asked!

NO!!!!!!!

(Sorry qq more)
:mad:((((((((((((((((((((

Hahahahaha what the

Alphadream, why are you teaching me about Badges 9.5 hours into the game

How did you enjoy your "prize"?

Seriously that's got to be the most sick and twisted tutorial insertion in video game history, like an informative suckerpunch, I thought I was safe having told that one badge guy to cram it like 5 hours earlier but nope, there's no escape.

I'm actually really enjoying it(although not as much as BiS), but some of the tutorial placements are just...goddamn bizarre. Like "oh we forgot to put this handholding badge guide in, you think the player can figure out for themselves!? ....Naaaah, better cram in there somewhere, better safe than sorry!"

But I am enjoying this JRPG town complete with fetchquests for humorous NPCs! I haven't done it in so long the novelty works, and the music/aesthetics of the town are quite lovely.

I never made any headway in that trading quest, I couldn't find the second person for the chain to get going.
Wakeport is a nice place, it's relatively unique in how it progresses compared to most areas and doesn't come across as formulaic as some others.
I think my brother described the music there as Super Mario shopping mall.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
There are more badge tutorials than the one that was like 1.5 hours in? Hm.

Also, I beat Time & Eternity's true ending supremely underlevelled, (I'm sorry, Bean. I know you said not to play the game today, but I really wanted to get it out of my hair.) It was incredibly lucky, actually, because the Boss AI did the thing where it never gave me a reprieve to do anything.

So I don't know if I'm going to stream it now. It's something that you'd have to pay me to do again, I think. The true ending kinda sucked, too. It was really short, surprisingly. Basically, what happens is that
Toki and Towa have this bipolar crisis where Toki/Towa start asking each other advice with respect to whether or not they say yes to Zack's proposal and then you get a gallery picture with the two girls in wedding dresses holding Drake
. It's pretty dumb and I can't believe that that is what they had people work towards.

It was reaaaaaaaally annoying, and did a lot of things wrong in terms of battles. Having played the game incredibly underlevelled (ie: being Level 12 in an area where I should've been Lv. 52, pushing me to level up to Lv. 20 so I could stand to fight the Chapter 3 end boss) made me look at how fucking stupid the enemy AI is, and how I could still exploit the game while being incredibly underlevelled just by playing the darn thing regularly, not even using buffs.

qq more

I've only played the first two M&L games. I love SSS and hated PiT. PiT was so boring and annoying... I was thinking of getting BiS but I had so many games to go through first so I completely forgot about it.

Shall we test that theory further?

Errrr... uhhh.. maybe some other time? <:D

I got stuck in WooHooniversity or something like that in SSS and I was never able to find my way out...is that place normally that tough to get out of?

Though I found Dream Team underwhelming rest assured it's a lot better than Partners in Time which is one of the most disappointing sequels I ever endured.

I got stuck in WooHooniversity or something like that in SSS and I was never able to find my way out...is that place normally that tough to get out of?
Its map was a little bit more open than most though still not too bad since the series doesn't really go for large complex layouts, the area is general is what i'd consider the games halfway point endurance run, which is to say it has noticeably tougher enemies than previous areas and an important boss fight, in fact it has two of them in rather short succession.

Though I found Dream Team underwhelming rest assured it's a lot better than Partners in Time which is one of the most disappointing sequels I ever endured.

Its map was a little bit more open than most though still not too bad since the series doesn't really go for large complex layouts, the area is general is what i'd consider the games halfway point endurance run, which is to say it has noticeably tougher enemies than previous areas and an important boss fight, in fact it has two of them in rather short succession.

It did seem like the difficulty jumped quite a bit there...I'd have to replay the game again, perhaps I'll get by that part again.

qq more

Vamp is the worst Metal Gear character to ever exist. FUCK VAMP.

The only thing I hate about MGS4 so far is that asshole. Other than that I love this game. So far it's my favorite MGS game [/controversial opinion?]

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I... don't think I want to play Neptunia Victory for a while. -_-

But hey, we got to play, um, FF13. I guess. qq more was kinda digging it.

qq more

I... don't think I want to play Neptunia Victory for a while. -_-

But hey, we got to play, um, FF13. I guess. qq more was kinda digging it.

Why must you spread such lies? It looked lame but it sure looked a fuckton better than Neptunia and T&E, which is probably why I wasn't too hard on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom