• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOGB

Banned
sleeping_Beauty.jpg

welp

qq more

I just woke up with a huge headache ow

I still don't get why Nintendo does region lock. Everyone has realized how dumb it is. Stop being so backwards, Nintendo!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
It amazes me how with the Wii's drought on the last few years of its life, they didn't even prepare enough for HD gaming. WTF were they thinking
That drought shouldn't have been and it's entirely on NoA's (Reggie's) head, imo. Even if they weren't going to be million-sellers, there are certainly games that were exclusive in Europe and/or JP that really should have been brought over here to minimize the effects of a drought and making people forget that the console was not merely a party console.

Lots of stuff they published in Japan, for instance.

I'm still a bit sore about Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen, Another Code: R, Captain Rainbow, Zangeki no Reginleiv, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Takt of Magic, etc.

And when convinced to bring over Xenoblade finally, they do so in limited quantities and at a single retailer.

Nintendo, I love you, but sometimes I have to ask myself why

Spinluck

I like FFXIII ever more the more I play it ._.

Yea, I have no shame in admitting I enjoyed FFXIII.

FFXII is the best in the series to me, biiiiiiiiiiiitch! The biggest gripes I had with that game was the the license boards ended up the being the same across the board, and that the Gambit system took forever to get truly useful. Besides that, I loved that game, loved.

I enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII for the most part. The battle system was fun, the linearity didn't bother me, Sazh is a bro, Fang and Vanille are awesome and some of the story/lore stuff is kinda cool but the arse falls out of it at the end at the part where it opens up and becomes a monster hunt/"just go finish the damn game" thing.

Not the best game in the series but not the abomination it's made out to be either. Better than Final Fantasy IV

Spinluck

I can see why people hated FFXIII, it has its problems, and it was a bit of a chore for me to finish. FF is one of the series where it's really easy to understand peoples opinions on any of the games, since they're usually pretty different.

Although some fans flip when I say I didn't like FFX. :p

EDIT: My favs are, FFIV----FFVI----FFIX----FFXII, and I sorta liked FFXIII.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is Spelunky worth all of the accolades it got last year? In terms of how it feels as opposed to the stuff you do in it.

How difficult is it? I keep thinking of Spelunker whenever I think of Spelunky.

I can see why people hated FFXIII, it has its problems, and it was a bit of a chore for me to finish. FF is one of the series where it's really easy to understand peoples opinions on any of the games, since they're usually pretty different.

Although some fans flip when I say I didn't like FFX. :p
Well, of course. There's an FF for everyone since the games are so different from each other. Some people like certain things over others. I mean, I like FFII, FFIII FC, FFV, FFIX, FFX-2, and FFXII the most. I love FFVII a lot, too (and I'm very affectionate towards that game because it's one of the very few RPGs I could talk to almost anyone who plays games casually or people who don't play RPGs that often with; Say FF7 to many people and they'll recall at least something about the FF7 compilation). So... tastes are always going to vary.

I don't think I'll ever get the whole "my FF is better than your FF" thing. I tease people about FFIV all the time (and I get teased back), but whatever. I don't care that people like it or not.

Tizoc

Schala, do you mind if I PM you an OT I'm writing just to check on the editting, etc. please?

Anyone know where to find the full image of this cover?
tumblr_mg4maqXfTq1qzj5ggo1_500.jpg
?

FFXII is the best in the series to me, biiiiiiiiiiiitch! The biggest gripes I had with that game was the the license boards ended up the being the same across the board, and that the Gambit system took forever to get truly useful. Besides that, I loved that game, loved.

I hope that if FFX|X-2 HD do well enough we get an HD release of FFXII International. The varied license boards sounds like music to my ears, and imagining the game in HD is gggggggggggg

I don't think I'll ever get the whole "my FF is better than your FF" thing. I tease people about FFIV all the time (and I get teased back), but whatever. I don't care that people like it or not.

But, Schala... my FF is better than your FF. :eek:

qq more

An update from the August backlog thread:

Kirby's Dream Land (replay)
Kirby Adventure (replay)
Kirby's Dream Land 2
Kirby Super Star
Kirby's Dream Land 3
Kirby 64 (replay)
Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland

Kirby Canvas Curse
Kirby Squeak Squad (replay)
Kirby Epic Yarn
Kirby Mass Attack
Metal Gear Solid 4
Metal Gear Rising
Borderlands 2

Added Metal Gear Rising since I've decided to play that right after MGS4. I heard it's kind of short for a MGS game so I'm sure I'll finish it in about a few days. I'm not really sure if I'll be able to finish BL2 by the end of the month, so I might just remove it from my list depending on the situation later.

Finished MGS4, absolutely fantastic game for sure. Loved nearly every moment of it. Also Nightmare in Dreamland is a very good remake, I love how it controls especially. I'm pretty far with Canvas Curse. At the seventh world already but I'm going to collect a bunch of medal to unlock things that will help such as health boost.

8 games down. 6 to go!

guys remember the days when I never beat games....

Despite the delay, Frost still thinks that Xbox One is worth the wait. It would probably also be strange if a Microsoft employee would not back up on its own console. But he believes that there are good reasons to wait for the new Xbox.

"I think that it's quite clear that you should wait, because the Xbox is the only real eight-generation console. The PlayStation 4 is, and I'm sad to say but this is how it looks to me, only a more powerful PlayStation 3. On the other hand I think the Xbox One is a paradigm shift in the console world: A whole entertainment system."

I love European PR guys, they're so far down the chain they just go balls out.

qq more

I had a nightmare last night where I was actually somewhat interested in Pokemon X/Y.

The horror.

It could've been worse.

Bababadalgharaghtakamminarronnkonnbronntonnerronn tuonnthunntrovarrhounawns kawntoohoohoordenenthurnuk is the best game name ever (yes, it exists)

Hey, it's a game from Terry Cavanagh (VVVVVV/Super Hexagon guy). Nice!

EDIT: Oh my God. This game has an RPG launcher. When you shoot your rocket-propelled grenade at somebody, the game suddenly stops and a role-playing game launches. That's insane.

Sciz

Is Spelunky worth all of the accolades it got last year? In terms of how it feels as opposed to the stuff you do in it.

How difficult is it? I keep thinking of Spelunker whenever I think of Spelunky.

Spelunker is one of Spelunky's direct inspirations; the basic theme's the same, you can see where some of its mechanics were carried over, and you have to be very methodical in both games or you're a dead man. But they couldn't be more different once you get down to how they actually play. Spelunky's lightning fast, and it's a roguelike to the core even with all the platforming elements. This means that it will kill you, but also that you will know exactly why you died and that it was entirely your fault. None of the basic mechanics are individually complex, but they all interact, and much of the learning curve involves figuring out the many ways you can play the game against itself just so. There's technically a timer, so you're encouraged to move quickly even as doing so raises your risk of death immensely, but even the timer can be circumvented with the right tools and knowledge. Or you can move as fast as possible and time attack the game instead, which has its own leaderboards. And when you do die, whether that took four seconds or forty minutes, you're just one button press away from starting over with an all new set of maps, and you'll want to because you know this time you won't make the same mistake. You'll make a completely different one instead, and you'll press restart, and so on.

It's impeccably balanced, has the precise controls (and general mentality) of Super Meat Boy, plenty of secrets, and a ton of music from the guy who composed for Super Crate Box. I can't recommend it enough (especially as an antidote to really crappy JRPGs). It's fun to play and fun to learn and doesn't hold your hand in the slightest.

PKrockin

Coincidentally, Psychedelic Eyeball just uploaded a Spelunky stream to his Youtube channel.

I can't get enough of Eyeball and co. playing these hard as nails death-a-minute types of games. He has so much fun and his enthusiasm is infectious.

qq more

I wish people would stop giving a shit about C&D on every fucking topic about fangames. Fangames rarely ever get C&D. Like rarely as in there's a 0.01% chance of it happening, especially when it's not for profit.

Not every company is SE... :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom