• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
personally the KH3 footage looked super in beta to me, i dont even think all the animation is there, most noticeably when he jumps on the swarm

It's going to be at least two years, but I don't think it'll be much more than three. Osaka team have show that they're capable of actually getting games out.

TheOGB

Banned
PS4 purchase is a ways out for me. Vita price drop es bueno, but I'm still keeping my eye open for a deal so I don't have to spend 80 fucking dollars for a 32GB memory card :V

I'm gonna let everyone else be my guinea pigs for the launch PS4s. Can't wait to hear about NEON yellow lights and hard drives literally escaping the system and hitchhiking away from your house.

In other news, Saints Row 4 is fun as hell and everyone should play it if you like fun. Which means nobody here except me will play it.
Hopefully picking that up this weekend. Playing SR3 for now to keep the hype alive.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Auuuuugh, I'm in this mindset where I just don't want to play a console game right now. Yesterday I said that I'll try to finish off Xillia 2. Can't even get motivation to do that. Even some of the downloadable games, I don't feel motivated to play, really. I don't even feel motivated to play 428 like I'd wanted to. I have a Wii U sitting here with NSMBU to play but I don't want to start that one until I finish Luigi's Mansion. And I want to be done with Luigi's Mansion before I go back to school in September.

I guess I felt so burned out on Final Fantasy last year because I did those playthroughs that I can't get motivated to finish my FF5 run. Next year I'll know to just register + random + berserker risk. Natural Crystal's kinda boring because I don't get to play around as much, which is what I value out of FF3 FC, FF5, and FF10-2.

Now I just feel like playing some portable games here and there. A little bit of Innocence R here, a bit of Luigi's Mansion there, a bit of Dream Team here, and a bit of Shin Megami Tensei IV there.

I suppose what I'm asking is... what happened to me?

TheOGB

Banned
Terrible games happened?

That UI demo during the conference definitely sold me on a PS4. Being able to watch a stream, hit "Join" and be playing with the streamer (in a fully loaded multiplayer game and skipping all the bootup ads) in about 6 seconds? Fucking SOLD.
Holy cow, just watched the not-shitty video of this and that shit cray in the best kind of way

edit: Ugh, playing Saints Row The Third reminds me how badly I need a wardrobe upgrade (in the game and IRL). I dress way too fucking casual

Spinluck

I've gone through those phases of not wanting to touch a home console.

That happened to me when I got FE: Awakening. There's just something about handhelds that make you feel as if too much of your time isn't being spent. Whenever work or school stresses me the fuck out, I'm on my portables.

I suppose what I'm asking is... what happened to me?

I've been going through this phase currently. Lately all I've wanted to do is play games on handhelds. I tried playing a bit of Bayonetta the other night and stopped after going through a single chapter. Lately, it's been nothing but Fire Emblem: Awakening for me, although I just had to restart on chapter 16 due to stupid reinforcements which annoys me to no end.

...But yeah, this is kinda why I wanted to hold out on getting Persona 4 until I get a Vita, because I know I'll be more likely to stick with it on a handheld than on a console.

Terrible games happened?

This is most likely the correct answer.

Well, I have decided that I am going to be taking a break from GAF, and things like instant messenger and IRC in general. Lately I have been doing a lot of self-reflecting and most of it has been making me feel unbelievably depressed, so I have decided that it would be better to get away from the hectic life of the internet for a bit, especially since I am already paid to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. On top of that I just feel that I have a lot of priorities IRL that need to be straightened out before they become too big of an issue to fix.

So that's about it for me, just wanting to say my farewells for now. I can't say how long I will be gone, exactly--most likely a month, to coincide with TW101 getting a release date
because if I read one more post about how the game will bomb I swear to God heads will roll
, but I may be back sooner or even later. Preferably later. You guys may catch me playing Animal Crossing or something but uhhh, considering I haven't even played the game that much lately I wouldn't count on it. Actually, that just reminded me I bought like 3000 turnips this week. Oh well.

Anyway, I'll see you guys in about a month or so! Peace out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c4RbALodi8
I really wanna hear Grant Kirkhope's rendition of this theme...
Woah hold the phone, Kirkhope is on this? well at least the soundtrack has me intrigued.
That boss theme needs some Kirkhope xylophone antics.

At least Beef will never leave us
Love him or hate him the controversial Professor Beef is here day in and day out for the Sonic Gaf universe.

That snowball stage looked kind of clumsy, hopefully they were just playing it badly.
Each new bit of Lost world footage fills me with both excitement and doubt, it's an odd feeling.

Sciz

That snowball stage looked kind of clumsy, hopefully they were just playing it badly.
Each new bit of Lost world footage fills me with both excitement and doubt, it's an odd feeling.

There's definitely a lot of bumbling about in this footage, and yet he occasionally busts out a remarkably precise maneuver that'd be impossible in any former 3D game. I'm more and more convinced that the controls just have a rough learning curve.

There's definitely a lot of bumbling about in this footage, and yet he occasionally busts out a remarkably precise maneuver that'd be impossible in any former 3D game. I'm more and more convinced that the controls just have a rough learning curve.

That's what i'm hoping for, so far most demo footage involves people bumbling into walls and awkward movement in general as they grapple with the controls to limited success.
What we haven't really seen is extended footage of someone who has got to grips with how Sonic controls, it could be tricky to learn but with an interesting set of options available if mastered.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I forgot how much I love The Sound of Speed.
My favourite Sonic OCR album is always going to be Project Chaos. So much awesome work on that one.

That snow level um... makes me feel like I should stock up on Gravol. It gave me the same queasy feeling that Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 did (to be fair, I'm not feeling very well either, so my feelings of nausea are more exacerbated than normal). Oh, but it has those little cute blowy things from Mushroom Hill.

Other than that, it looks pretty good. I'll have to admit that I bought a Wii U for this game, specifically.

I'm with you, though. Hope the controls have a learning curve as well, as opposed to being inconsistent. The only thing that outright bothers me is the wisp selection on the touchscreen.

Anyway, I'll see you guys in about a month or so! Peace out.
Mmm. Disconnecting from the internet is within your best interests, and will likely make you feel better, really. Good luck, and I hope you get what you need to do done. If you find yourself struggling, request a temp ban or block the site from access. I usually block GAF whenever I'm doing research or work.

Well, see you back soon. You might miss a Neptunia Victory stream or two. :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Huh, they also did a lot of the Medarot games.

Almost finished SMT4 on the Chaos route. This game's been an awesome ride so far, and it's a shame that I put it down for T&E for a while. It's just too bad that I feel kind of unwell to proceed at times since some of the backgrounds are making me dizzy. I'm not sure why I've suddenly started feeling ill today (no, I do know, and it's silly that it usually happens in those circumstances).

I have to wonder which route is harder. Generally, Chaos is.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Finished Shin Megami Tensei IV.

Game of the Year-calibre.

It's nice to be playing shit I like for a change.

EDIT: someone tell Falk & James Landino that I think this is terrific, and that I think it sounds so much better than the original.

Tizoc

Wait, I can play this like... today?

Yup! I'm off to play it soon as I'm in World 3 now and want to play up til World 4 at least before going back to my Trophy hunting haha.
Just see if the webstore works for you, if it does, buy it off US PSN, go to your download list on PS3 and presto there's the Genesis ver.~

qq more

(ღ˘‿˘ღ) Toejam & Earl is the best JRPG ever (ღ˘‿˘ღ)

When can I remove my avatar?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Eh, leave the kid alone. I think he's suffered enough based on how people constantly respond to the stupid thing.

Every time I see you write T&E I momentarily think you're playing ToeJam & Earl.
I'd be either fully spelling it out or writing TJ&E if that were the case!

I hope it won't be too hard to stay under contROLL in Frozen Factory Galaxy.

JlQRAS2.gif

Actually do we know if it uses the control stick or gyro yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom