• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really have to give that another shot. I love Shaun of the Dead, The World's End, Scott Pilgrim, how can I not even finish Hot Fuzz? Of all the genre conventions, buddy cop movies is totally my thing! What the hell, Edgar Wright?

IDK, Hot Fuzz takes an overlong 90 minutes before shit gets wild, Shaun of the Dead and The World's End is like, 20 if that.

The World's End was awesome, screw Nocturnowl!

(actually not sure if he hated on that movie or not, but I assume he did, stuffy Brit that he is and all)

I saw it like last month and
it was pretty good
Face it JC, you'll always be a month behind me now when things release.

...wait, you don't like Hot Fuzz?! no wonder you tried to cast me as a villain up there in a vain attempt to redirect the hate deservedly hurled at you, fortunately Coldman has like Brit sense or something.

Huh. I had you pegged as being the kind to fucking loathe Scott Pilgrim. Well, good, because that movie is a fucking masterpiece, ya hear

I do agree that Hot Fuzz could maybe be a bit shorter, but I couldn't tell you where to start cutting shit, because that movie is rammed full of gags (visual and spoken) and I wouldn't want to throw away any of it. It's probably the most "grower" film ever, given the amount you pick up on rewatches. (Noticed for first time during my most recent viewing: the spitroast gag at the village fete)

Can't enjoy the film anywhere near as much as the old graphic novels on that one, Cera just didn't click for me as Scott.
Still good mind you.

I actually think Scott Pilgrim is Wright's masterpiece, and I'm deathly afraid he'll never be that good again. I love that thing to pieces.

I pray that he gets to spread his wings again for Ant-Man. The World's End just proved once again that Edgar Wright is the greatest fight scene director working in the West today, and working with Marvel is a prime opportunity to cement that reputation in everyone's eyes.

Plus the test footage looked great.

mzl.soimwzvm.175x175-mouns.jpg

A Hedgehog Dash HD – Super Quick Multiplayer Racing Adventure
Jiffy the hedgehog needs your help racing across the forest with his buddies! Compete with your friends and the clock in this super fun multiplayer adventure. Fun for the kids and the entire family!

FEATURES
  • 35 challenging levels racing the hills through the forest
  • Compete against friends and the clock
  • 5 awesome air tricks for extra points
  • Collect rings to boost your score
  • Unlockable characters and power boosts
  • Level skips for those un-passable levels
Having problems or want to leave us some feedback? We would love to hear from you! You can shoot us an email at [snip].

screen1_480x480wnusd.jpeg
screen2_480x480y6uzi.jpeg
screen3_480x4804wutr.jpeg
screen4_480x4802nuk9.jpeg
screen5_480x480xuunu.jpeg

...rehosted for posterity, 'cause I don't see Sega not C&Ding the hell out of this.

The Super Sonic inspired guy is the best one, he's just so happy to exist being a botched clone and all.

Gamers are the worst at neglecting sleep out of any other group I know.
I was actually quite alarmed to see the colossal bags that had formed under my eyes when I glanced in the mirror earlier.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Schala's favorite music threads are the ones where they provide no examples in the OP and don't recognize anything past a certain date.
It's not nice to lie, Beef. >:O

(In all seriousness, I don't like list threads for anything where no explanations for your selections are discussed because no one ends up discussing anything. Especially VGM threads. There's a reason why the only VGM threads I've liked in the past are the SotY threads, this 90s Square RPGs music thread, this introduce someone to VGM thread, this foreign vocal themes thread, this Pokemon music appreciation thread, post your favourite element of video game music, Sciz's Sonic music appreciation thread, and Speedpop's VGM + commentary thread. These threads have actual discussion as opposed to mere track listing.) Not even the rate the track above you thread suffices because people don't put much thought into their rating at all.

The VGM threads were part of the reasons that drove me to apply to GAF. I've said my piece on this before in various VGM threads, but there are only a handful of us who feel that way with respect to talking about tracks you like. Shame.

It's not that you don't know how to describe. Just say how you feel about it. How it makes you feel. What feelings are evoked. What memories they evoke. Fucking something to create a discussion.

Regiruler

He should have just called it blonic for how obvious it is.

I would have payed for that.
No I would't have
It's not nice to lie, Beef. >:O

(In all seriousness, I don't like list threads for anything where no explanations for your selections are discussed because no one ends up discussing anything. Especially VGM threads. There's a reason why the only VGM threads I've liked in the past are the SotY threads, this 90s Square RPGs music thread, this introduce someone to VGM thread, this foreign vocal themes thread, this Pokemon music appreciation thread, post your favourite element of video game music, Sciz's Sonic music appreciation thread, and Speedpop's VGM + commentary thread. These threads have actual discussion as opposed to mere track listing.) Not even the rate the track above you thread suffices because people don't put much thought into their rating at all.

The VGM threads were part of the reasons that drove me to apply to GAF. I've said my piece on this before in various VGM threads, but there are only a handful of us who feel that way with respect to talking about tracks you like. Shame.

It's not that you don't know how to describe. Just say how you feel about it. How it makes you feel. What feelings are evoked. What memories they evoke. Fucking something to create a discussion.
I find it a little funny you posted that because another pokemon music thread just opened up not to long ago.

I don't know how to talk about music. I can talk your head off about the little animations in Dream Team, or the editing gags in Arrested Development, or the thematic underpinnings and symbolism in Jaws, or how brilliant this 16-panel comic book page of East of West is, but I'm Joe Sixpack when it comes to music. "Durr I like the way it sounds and it makes me smile"

Regiruler

But what part of it makes you :)

Is it because you fought the magic toaster from mars in a battle that was way past cool and you associate the track with that awesome memory? Because that would certainly suffice.

Let's get technical then on this track: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xZh3NF-S8&feature=youtu.be (the globotron/rotatatron & drillinator/refreshinator theme).

I enjoy it for two main reasons: the tempo done so that no matter at what speed you are actually playing, it feels reasonably paced but not too fast-paced. Naturally, in the DS version the tempo increases at half health which is appropriate for such situations as the bosses are balanced to get harder after the half life threshold.

The second reason is the fact that the main riff gives a nice exotic feel to it, and it alternates between being the main focus of the piece and being supplementary.

I know you were joking but I felt like being serious for once.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom