• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, this job thing is the best thing to happen to me in years. Happiest I've ever been.

Did that ever get resolved? I can't believe Sega would do such a thing... makes me wonder if it's just a disgruntled employee behind that.

Yeah, they backpedaled on it a few months back. It was pretty stupid in the first place, but at least they changed their tune on it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think we'd had this discussion a long time ago and we found that Coldman, Beef, (presumably JC), and I were the only ones who didn't do this stuff.

The only fanfiction I ever wrote was for Resident Evil.

It was about zombies and shooting.

I would like to think I remained faithful to the series.

How else do you think some people get beta readers? Lure them in with something they know and then once they've proved themselves, then show off the original stuff.

qq more

I think we'd had this discussion a long time ago and we found that Coldman, Beef, (presumably JC), and I were the only ones who didn't do this stuff.
I never wrote anything myself :V

How else do you think some people get beta readers? Lure them in with something they know and then once they've proved themselves, then show off the original stuff.

...That's how it kind of went with me for fan games. I started making games when I was 10 and I'd usually just attempt at fan games. Learned so much from it until I felt ready to work on something original many years later.

TIL that the guy who's gonna play the fat otaku guy in the official Dangan Ronpa translation also played Zack in Time and Eternity... and Dust from, well, Dust: An Elysian Tail.

Dust is Zack. This is depressing information to have.

At least his role as Dust was actually pretty good, and not as annoyingly puerile as Zack ever was.

Noi

T&E also had Cristina Vee, who is a great voice actress herself. Everything about that game was just phoned it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Japanese Zack was also voiced by the guy who voices Jude in the Japanese version of Tales of Xillia/Tales of Xillia 2 (Tsubasa Yonaga).

He also voiced Kensuke Kurosaki in Corpse Party: Book of Shadows if anyone other than Noi and me have played that in this thread.

Let's see...

Toki:
Kira Buckland: MaMop (Dust)
Kana Hanazawa: Sophie (Tales of Graces), Marie (Persona 4: Golden), Deuce (Final Fantasy Type-0)

Towa:
Eri Kitamura: Juri Han (PXZ, SF4, SFxT), Tatsunoko vs Capcom (Gan-chan aka Yatterman No. 1), Yuka Mochida (Corpse Party), Uni (neptunia mk2/neptunia victory)
Cristina Valenzuela: Noel Vermillion (BlazBlue), Sigroon (Ys Seven), Trails in the Sky (Kloe), Lian Shi (Dynasty Warriors 7/8)

Enda:
Aoi Yuuki: Platinum the Trinity (BlazBlue), Iris (Pokemon Best Wishes)
Stephanie Sheh: She's in effing EVERYTHING. I mean, uh... Eureka (Eureka Seven), Cereza (Bayonetta), Hinata Hyuga (Naruto), Rebecca Chambers (Resident Evil 5 and on), Natalia (Tales of the Abyss), Julia Chang (Tekken 6/TTT2), Estelle (Trails in the Sky), Silmeria (VP2), Tomoe Tachibana (Trauma Team)

Reijo:
Yukana Nogami: Miho Nosaka (YuGiOh), Testarossa (Full Metal Panic), Tear Grants (Tales of the Abyss)
Her English VA is unknown.

Wedi:
Mamiko Noto: Fuuka (Persona 3), Merlina (Sonic and the Black Knight), Manamia (The Last Story), Ceres (Pandora's Tower), Jeane (No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise), Luna (Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward)
Christine Marie Cabanos: Nepgear (Neptunia mk2/Neptunia Victory), Squid Girl (Squid Girl), Filia (Skullgirls)

Ricardo was Tomokazu Sugita in Japanese...

qq more

That conference Sony had is pretty much a love letter for indies. I'm really hopeful for the indie devs' future on Sony systems.

That Rise game sure looked interesting, in a non-AAA blockbuster industry way.

image_rime-22866-2798_0002.jpg

Also, when did they start making Ratchet and Clank games again? BHZ Mayor halp

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Noi and I are buying a PS4 at launch. Buuuut I'd already paid it off because I was saving up anyway. Scot-free for that one now. That Rime game really did look pretty neat. I love the art direction for it. Also twitch integration. :)

Now all's left is get the JP 3DS. The yen went back up. Drat.

Pietepiet being all excited about indies on the platforms made me excited for 'em. There are a lot of great indie games out there, imo.

qq more

I really want to become a Vita dev and get access to the Vita run-time for Multimedia Fusion 2. Shame Vita isn't selling well at all...

I'm gonna let everyone else be my guinea pigs for the launch PS4s. Can't wait to hear about NEON yellow lights and hard drives literally escaping the system and hitchhiking away from your house.

In other news, Saints Row 4 is fun as hell and everyone should play it if you like fun. Which means nobody here except me will play it.

I'm only just now playing The Third so I'll be waiting for a complete edition of Saints Row 4 before I pick it up.

Who's buying a PS4 at launch?

I'm gonna be waiting. The only announced games I really want it for so far are KH3 and FFXV and they're both a ways off. Still plenty of stuff between 3DS, Wii U and the backlog to keep me busy.

I'll get around to SR4.

Really enjoying the shit out of DuckTales Remastered. I feel like a five year old all over again. It's a great feeling.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ah, I'll pick up my DuckTales on Thursday. I've been feeling so tired today and didn't bother going out to pick it up.

I'm putting Dream Team aside for now and might platinum Steins;Gate tonight. I dunno yet. I'm still enjoying Dream Team, though. I genuinely like that game, and I haven't played an RPG that I've loved in so long. With that said, it has some issues like bosses being longer than they should be, some other stuff I can't think of right now... but it's a good game.

In other news, Saints Row 4 is fun as hell and everyone should play it if you like fun. Which means nobody here except me will play it.
Beef's so mean. :(

You couldn't pay me to play Saints Row 4.

I might be receptive to the first three, but the direction 4 went - one plot point in particular - rubs me so far the wrong way that it's just not happening, no matter how good the game surrounding it is.

It's funny. SR4 wasn't on my radar at all. Then there was a Jimquisition that made me realize it was a completely different game from what I thought it was... and then the same day, Lowtax posted a video that spoiled that plot point that immediately turned me off. I think that's the fastest I've gone from not caring about a game to being slightly interested by a game to totally put off by a game.

I love how in Saints Row 4 you have one mission to go and upgrade your car

and then the very next you're given super powers so fuck driving

And the super powers feels so good to control. I'm not sure where this plot is going, but the powers have already justified themselves for me.

Noi

That UI demo during the conference definitely sold me on a PS4. Being able to watch a stream, hit "Join" and be playing with the streamer (in a fully loaded multiplayer game and skipping all the bootup ads) in about 6 seconds? Fucking SOLD.

qq more

I love how in Saints Row 4 you have one mission to go and upgrade your car

and then the very next you're given super powers so fuck driving

And the super powers feels so good to control. I'm not sure where this plot is going, but the powers have already justified themselves for me.

One of SR3's DLC has super powers, I was really sad at how temporary it was. I'm super happy SR4 brought it back and it looks even more awesome than before.

I don't even think that KH3 footage was actually real-time. We all know how much Squenix loves it some CGI.

I still need to finish Birth by Sleep. Hell, just finishing one of the three stories would be a start.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
LOL, I'm just surprised they announced that game so early.

It's like a FNC situation where the game's released way before its release date, so I wouldn't count on it to be out yet any time soon at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom