• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario ff

Banned
People who are listed as contributing to the mod are generally considered staff. That's the simple truth. They worked on the mod. Maybe not as much as others, but they still did.
They're volunteers, they're not staff. I don't pay them a salary, nor do I have to answer for what they say in public; certainly not after 5 months that everybody's working on their own thing. They don't go through any "application process" so that I verify if I want them to be associated or not. They simply provide their help with the work already done and go their own way.

I've associated most of the stuff regarding the mod to link back to me, so it's only natural that I get annoyed at stuff like this. It is plain misinformation to start a controversy. The additional text on your post that I quoted before made me react even worse. People that read that won't think that some unrelated person did that... they'll think I did it unless they ask. At least that's what I assume in my head.

I accept the apology, but please be more careful around social media next time. Sharing your stuff on a link is one thing, sharing it with the additional of "They started insulting me because I did this" without some fact-checking completely spins the discussion into something else.

Early 2013 can eat a dick.

2013 right now...it's been promoted to sleeping on the couch.
Early 2013 was filled with work for me, but I've felt that the rest of the year has pretty much flew by without me noticing... I'm looking forward to the end of the year tho, because I can finally complete some of the hardest (AKA Boring) subjects I've had so far in my career and look forward to the 3rd / 4th year which are far more interesting (and practical instead of all theory for once). :)

2013 gave us Kane again, too.

It just won't stop...

Shush Beefers, if I encountered Kane tomorrow the man would put me over like a champ and finally i'd get a push to break through that glass ceiling of life.
Unfortunately i'm far more likely to come across Sin Cara and get caught in the gravity of his botching aura.

Man, I feel like an asshole here, because 2013 has been great for me. I'm getting my grades in check, I'm in the best shape of my life, relationships going well, I'm actually saving money that can get me out of this damn town, AND Prof Beef is still free as hell in SF4.

Can't complain too much.

2013 started out okay for me, went quickly downhill, but I did some things to change myself for the better and it's been on one hell of an upswing ever since. Hope it shapes up well for everyone who's had a not so great year so far, though.

Man, I feel like an asshole here, because 2013 has been great for me. I'm getting my grades in check, I'm in the best shape of my life, relationships going well, I'm actually saving money that can get me out of this damn town, AND Prof Beef is still free as hell in SF4.

Can't complain too much.

2013 also taught you how to finally drift properly in All-Stars Racing Transformed!

TheOGB

Banned

Can't complain too much.
Eh, one thing I learned this year is that you shouldn't feel bad for feeling good. Unless you're feeling good as a result of doing something bad/wrong or whatever, but yeah. Enjoy your happiness, because you deserve it.

I didn't get to enjoy that for too long, but that's definitely something I'll keep in mind from here on out.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Today's supposed to be my 10th anniversary with my bf.

...there really isn't much to celebrate at all, and I don't think we're even going to celebrate it given that he seems to be busy at work lately. Or... busy at work for most of the year. Or too busy in general for a lot of stuff.

...Sorry. I won't bring it up anymore.

Can't complain too much.

also we got that Gucci Mane breakdown, so yeah, 2013 is great

My 2013 so far has SUCKED FUCKING DICK, but it's a tumultuous year for sure. Kinda appreciate the opportunity for real change.

Today's supposed to be my 10th anniversary with my bf.

...there really isn't much to celebrate at all, and I don't think we're even going to celebrate it given that he seems to be busy at work lately. Or... busy at work for most of the year. Or too busy in general for a lot of stuff.

...Sorry. I won't bring it up anymore.

There isn't anything you two could do to celebrate? Even something small? It seems like something worth celebrating, in any way possible.

BHZ Mayor

I'm in JC's shoes. My 2013's been pretty swell. Now 2012 and 11? That shit right there? Total shit sandwich.

Shalla, if all else fails, there's always dinner and/or a movie.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
He's busy with work as usual.

And to be honest, we've been distant with each other all year. I've talked to you guys more than I've talked to him this year and that says something.

There are other things about it too, but I wish to keep that to myself since it's rather personal.

Edit: ...Jesus Christ, I hate being personal like that. I edited all the detailed stuff out because it makes me feel guilty any time I talk about this kind of stuff in the open. I'll edit it out. I don't really want to talk about it.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm sorry. If anyone wishes to approach me about it in a PM, that's okay. I'll probably still be kind of not super-forthcoming because of the shyness thing I'd brought up before I edited, but ...yeah.

I don't really know what to do and I'm feeling kind of down today for obvious reasons so I won't say much.

BHZ Mayor

Yikes. Well since you edited everything, I'll just say take some time and decide what you think is best for you. Maybe try and see what the root cause is. You could be letting your shyness and nervousness making you think something's your fault when it might not be. And don't feel guilty for talking about it. At least you vented, even though you may feel it's none of our business. That's cool too.

Hope none of this come out wrong or offensive.

Doesn't want to talk about it, giant tomes from nowhere, heh

In semi-related news, looking at this Nights Into Dreams thing for Lost World...is anybody else just freaked the fuck out by that game? I swear to God when you entered the Wizeman's realm in Sonic Transformed I almost had a heart attack.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Because NiGHTS was concocted by Takashi Iizuka, remember? Do you expect something like that to be in-line with something that isn't scary?

He wants you remember his work in any way possible.

Yikes. Well since you edited everything, I'll just say take some time and decide what you think is best for you. Maybe try and see what the root cause is. You could be letting your shyness and nervousness making you think something's your fault when it might not be. And don't feel guilty for talking about it. At least you vented, even though you may feel it's none of our business. That's cool too.

Hope none of this come out wrong or offensive.
No, everything you said is fine.

I will. That's what my dad said to me, anyway. I'm not sure why it happened, to be honest with you. Maybe it's just me. *shrug* But you're right; I shouldn't let my shyness overpower everything I do with respect to this.

And nah, whenever I feel like I should vent or talk about stuff in the open, I feel guilty because I think to myself that maybe someone might construe it as attention-whoring when that really isn't the case. There are times when I can't control myself (ex: that one time in April when I was completely having a mental breakdown in real-time until one of our lurkers had to step in, take me aside, and calm me down), but usually I try to keep it to myself because I do feel bad about discussing personal stuff. This ain't the place and I probably shouldn't do it.

...I do admittedly feel better after venting, though. I had my cry. I'll have another later on, but I do feel a little better.

Thank you.

Doesn't want to talk about it, giant tomes from nowhere, heh
Sorry. I got carried away. I shouldn't have said anything.

Speaking of Lost World, put it on pre-order. Gotta have my NiGHTS shit.

Speaking of crying, visiting my old neighborhood made me really teary-eyed. Frustrating, because I don't like crying.

I woke up this morning midday, saw this gloomy weather outside, saw the gloom in here and I by some extension I damn near choked up myself, so I decided that I was going to go out of my way to ENJOY myself today, dammit this isn't the time for playing crap games Sonic GAF, this is the time to go back to that comfort food discussion from a few months back and play what feels good and forget about the bad things.
The Simpsons quote in here is timely as watching some classic Simpsons was the first step on my list, then watching The Rock have his cranium walloped by a steel chair....there's good explanation for that last one.

Speaking of crying, visiting my old neighborhood made me really teary-eyed. Frustrating, because I don't like crying.

You should've opened the floodgates for that one, unless the frustration was like dredging up horrible memories.

Really I think Okami should've ended around Oni Island, though this would mean that i'd miss out on
CLOCKWORK OWLS WITH CANES AND TOPHATS!
So maybe having Okami 3 there isn't so bad after all.

Really I think Okami should've ended around Oni Island, though this would mean that i'd miss out on
CLOCKWORK OWLS WITH CANES AND TOPHATS!
So maybe having Okami 3 there isn't so bad after all.

Okami 3 gives us Yami, though! And having Yami gives us the Tatsunoko vs Capcom final boss! Which was fucking awesome!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Courtesy of DJmizuhara for Puppeteer:

807684386couln.jpg

"The credits have been added to Act 7! Lots of hard-working folks helped make Puppeteer, and now you can pretend to care about them anytime you like!"

Oh yeah. That's her job. Her job. Repetitiveness is her job!
I'm gonna go out there and give the best performance of my life!

If you don't mind a new guy saying this, I think an FF7 stream would be awesome. Seeing someone who knows RPGs inside out play it would be really cool, as it's one of the few I've played to completion.
We got sick and tired of watching me play bad games so I decided to stream FF7 for a bit (I don't talk during my streams unless they're super-private). I decided to hold off on continuing my stream of FF7 until Shadow Hog got his internet back, so we're still pre-Shinra Tower. I do feel bad about gaining levels/stealing while people are watching so I usually would do that off-stream.

We've had good times. qq more got captured by Shinra, one of our lurkers dressed up as a girl...

OL1ZSP2.png

Would playing some bad games help you feel better, Schaly? SONICGAF is here.
Possibly. Not yet.

Depends on if I want to have my evening to myself or not. I don't usually play consoles on weekdays when school starts.

qq more

HEY. I WOULD LIKE TO BE RESCUED SOMETIME.

THEY FEED ME NOTHING BUT BREAD AND WATER. MOLDED BREAD AND DIRTY WATER THAT IS.

ITS HORRIBLE.

BEAN, HEY HEY, SCHALA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okami 3 gives us Yami, though! And having Yami gives us the Tatsunoko vs Capcom final boss! Which was fucking awesome!

As a concept to fight against Yami is pretty fun but as the games final boss it seemed kind of anticlimactic being a big characterless (I think?) ball. Outside of that Tatsunoko boss Yami also has two "expys" elsewhere which make for fun opponents in those other games which is cool.
Even so i'm not much of a fan of the final chapter of Okami, I recall it feeling like the game was running on fumes by that point and could've wrapped up a lot sooner, though Kamui has awesome music so yeah there's that, bleaker winter themes are a bit underused in games.

Red XIII gotta eat, man.

Schala, what's up with OBS? That better than Xsplit? Now I'm back in an environment where I should be able to stream again, I need to know whether I'm using the right stuff still.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Red XIII gotta eat, man.

Schala, what's up with OBS? That better than Xsplit? Now I'm back in an environment where I should be able to stream again, I need to know whether I'm using the right stuff still.
I feel like it's better than Xsplit now. The reason why I switched was because Xsplit did not encode my audio in mp3/AAC format, and that's something that Twitch actually wants now. But OBS is so much better simply because you can adjust your settings accordingly. And it's less resource-intensive than Xsplit is. Just remember to disable the Aero theme whenever you start it up and stream, simply because it slows down your stream by sooooo much.

You can use this page to estimate your stream settings, so that it's not automatically set by something else.

Relevant Thread.

Noted. Sounds much better, since I'm not exactly using the beefiest computer.

Actually, I guess "beefy" is an inappropriate word for describing powerful hardware, in this thread.

I have a relatively high-end
for 2010
computer.

Gets rather hot in this new place, though. I should probably remove (or tone down) the overclock.

BHZ Mayor

I woke up this morning midday, saw this gloomy weather outside, saw the gloom in here and I by some extension I damn near choked up myself, so I decided that I was going to go out of my way to ENJOY myself today, dammit this isn't the time for playing crap games Sonic GAF, this is the time to go back to that comfort food discussion from a few months back and play what feels good and forget about the bad things.
The Simpsons quote in here is timely as watching some classic Simpsons was the first step on my list, then watching The Rock have his cranium walloped by a steel chair....there's good explanation for that last one.

You should've opened the floodgates for that one, unless the frustration was like dredging up horrible memories.

Explanation: You're bad and you should feel bad, unless you're a Mankind fan.

BHZ Mayor

So I got Rayman Legends (PC) last night. So far, so good. The Murfy stuff isn't bothering me like I thought it would, although it, among other things (like the ticket scratching), were clearly made with the Wii U in mind. The only real negative I have at the mome is that some of the secret areas are in plain sight and it's been pretty easy to get 100% on the first try of most of the levels so far. Granted, I'm only just now beating the first world as I spent about an hour on the endless pit challenge, so maybe they'll be better hidden as the game progresses.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
...I'll text him. Or something. I'll see. I don't feel like doing much right now.

Though someone cheered me up a little just now, and I'm glad for that. Bean being silly (read: acting like himself) was refreshing.

Edit: Bf said he was busy and that he'd talk another time.

I don't even know what to say to that.

The best performance of your life?
The best performance of my life.

So I got Rayman Legends (PC) last night. So far, so good. The Murfy stuff isn't bothering me like I thought it would, although it, among other things (like the ticket scratching), were clearly made with the Wii U in mind. The only real negative I have at the mome is that some of the secret areas are in plain sight and it's been pretty easy to get 100% on the first try of most of the levels so far. Granted, I'm only just now beating the first world as I spent about an hour on the endless pit challenge, so maybe they'll be better hidden as the game progresses.
Yeah, exactly. Even then, Bean said he'd finished the game off today and he played the Wii U version in multiplayer. He found that it was ultimately disappointing at the end of it. While it gets harder towards the end, it's generally an easy game with seemingly a lot of handouts. I mean, he wasn't really looking forward to it as much as I was, but he still kinda felt let down by it.

I definitely noticed the ease of finding secret areas when I played it, myself. I really wonder if I'll feel differently by the end.

Even playing the Vita version made it clear that the game was supposed to be for Wii U.

qq more

I find it weird the announcement of BoF6 (aka let's fuck over fans with a number sequel for iOS that looks nothing like the franchise) was what lead me into trying out the BoF series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom