• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKrockin

I can play them, but I honestly get tired of fighting games where you have to do circle motions or the down forward motions or anything where you have to rotate a joystick. I like knowing a move is going to come out no matter what as long as I press the right button.

When the controls are intentionally difficult to use as part of the "challenge", that's when I lose my patience.

Tactical/Strategy RPGs bore the ever loving shit out of me, so I avoid them like the plague.

It's the opposite for me. RTS are too "intense" for my taste. I get frustrated easily because I constantly feel rushed. I like turn-based strategy games that I can play in bed with a more relaxed mindset.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
The Poochie episode of the Simpsons is on the channel that shows Simpsons reruns tonight.

I love this episode so much. It's so applicable to everything.

I have figured out how to rejuvenate the _________. It's so simple, you egghead writers would've never thought of it! What we need now is a new character! One that today's kids can relate to!

The Poochie episode of the Simpsons is on the channel that shows Simpsons reruns tonight.

I love this episode so much. It's so applicable to everything.

I have figured out how to rejuvenate the _________. It's so simple, you egghead writers would've never thought of it! What we need now is a new character! One that today's kids can relate to!

Are you absolutely sure that's wise, Schala? I mean, I don't want to sound pretentious here, but _________ & _________ comprise a dramaturgical dyad.

Tizoc

For whatever reason I was never able to quite grasp how I should be playing FF Tactics and its similar counterpart Tactics Ogre, i'm still not entirely sure what throws me for a loop in these two but my journeys through both on the PSP ended pretty quickly as I just couldn't shake the feeling that I was playing it all wrong.

I'm in the same boat, it's even worse with Fire Emblem as I feel that in every battle the odds are against me and I have a high chance of losing my units =_=

So I just bought the Ultimate Dreamcast Collection for Steam from a fellow Gaffer for $9.00, but now I have an extra Steam key for Sonic Generations.

Geez, I wonder what I should do with it...

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
So I just bought the Ultimate Dreamcast Collection for Steam from a fellow Gaffer for $9.00, but now I have an extra Steam key for Sonic Generations.

Geez, I wonder what I should do with it...
I wonder if everyone who has Steam has Sonic Generations in this thread at this point. If that's so, it's probably best to maybe give it away in one of the Steam threads.

No, no. The ______ chain of command goes _____, ___, ___.

_-_-_.
Uh, a ____? Isn't that a tad predictable?

I swear I'm browsing Neo"Database Error" today.
Same. I was wondering why I kept getting that all the time even when checking my PMs/trying to send PMs.

Ah well.

Falk

that puzzling face
Music is a trickier subject for a lot of people including myself, if you don't have much knowledge of music as a whole then you're basically going by how you feel which is kind of tricky to articulate, sometimes i'll think like"oh I like that instrument" but haven't the foggiest clue what name the instrument has leading to wishy washy statements like "the flute thing is good stuff".

Doesn't get much easier otherwise though. Just sayin'.

Doesn't get much easier otherwise though. Just sayin'.
Then I'm doomed to the use of vague descriptors for the rest of my days.
...I'm okay with this.

I like "Crazy Bus" and "Nocturne" and "MansionI Basement (DualShock Edition)" playing at the same time

Mansion Basement never fails to make me laugh, that jumble of disorganised sound is a treasure I tell you.
The fact that it's used in a survival horror game is the icing on the cake.

Kokonoe

Banned
05yekdk.jpg

Is it just me, out is SEGA really pushing Sonic Lost World in Japan a lot? It's like they actually want the game to sell there!

qq more has not played The Wind Waker.

Begin the demeaning comments.
The only Zelda games I've played are Minish Cap and Link to the Past, and I never got that far into either of them.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Still not feeling well (seriously, I woke up and then napped right after), but here:

Hip Tanaka remixes Super Mario Land and Metroid in memory of Hiroshi Yamauchi:
https://soundcloud.com/hip_tanaka/dedicated-to-hiroshi-yamauchi
https://soundcloud.com/hip_tanaka/dedicated-to-hiroshi

Is it just me, out is SEGA really pushing Sonic Lost World in Japan a lot? It's like they actually want the game to sell there!
I do think so, yes. Moreso than with other Sonic games recently from what I can see. I think it's a good thing, even if Sonic isn't popular over there.

Just found out Itsuno's, director of Devil May Cry 3 and 4, big reveal was an Iphone version of Dragon's Dogma.

Am coming to the accept that Devil May Cry is shelved for the forseeable future. Just like Mega Man and Onimusha.

Am not liking this acceptance.

Wish to keep holding onto to hope like a fool.

Am finding nothing to hope for.

Because Capcom.

Okay, little brother's birthday present bought. He's getting a Wind Waker Wii U. I'll worry about splitting the payments with the parents later.

As for myself, I'll probably stick with my GameCube copy for now.

We have our new SonicGAF anthem.
I wouldn't object.

This summoned a demon into my home.

What have you done?
Apparently performed black magic with Audacity during downtime at the office?

I think I had a nightmare like this before
Haven't we all?

Just found out Itsuno's, director of Devil May Cry 3 and 4, big reveal was an Iphone version of Dragon's Dogma.

Am coming to the accept that Devil May Cry is shelved for the forseeable future. Just like Mega Man and Onimusha.

Because Capcom.
Welcome to Capcpom, the $152M company.

Incidentally, you don't sound like you've accepted anything :V

TheOGB

Banned

Because Capcom.
Wow, I wasn't looking forward to that announcement at all and I'm disappointed.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess

Because Capcom.
Welcome to the club. Take a seat.

Capcpom did things to several things I like. Devil May Cry, Mega Man, Breath of Fire, Onimusha, Sengoku Basara, etc. They don't care.

But... but nothing's as bad as what Konami did. Nothing ever is. And I don't mean the Hudson stuff, either. They're the Metal Gear factory now. :|

I can stream Streets of Rage Remake with very little problems and no frame drops. Suck it, y'all.

In your dreams. We're talking the original ___ from hell.
Most disappointing stream yet. :(

You mean _____?

Man, let's just say that this applies very well to both Shadow and a bit to Silver, lol

It's sad that a Mario/Sonic crossover gets so little hype, quite indicative of the series really. Not that it's a terrible series or anything, it's just something that no one asked for.
Haha, it kind of reminds me of when I went into EB once and was being asked to buy the game. The thing about it is that Sochi isn't until February, so the Olympic hype for it isn't there yet. And these games do make bank, so I guess some people are looking for it, especially when the Olympics are going on.

I can't recall, but they're the official licensed Olympic games, right?

Also, the games have snazzy music. And apparently they're fun. I'm not sure. I've never played one. >.>

Shadow's totally a Poochie, but Silver is just straight up future Trunks. The brainstorming on that one was probably less "what badicle shit do kids like now?" and more "what haven't we lifted from Dragon Ball yet?"

I haven't posted in this thread for months but were you guys still merely cautiously excited for Lost World or are we past that point now? Because I had my reservations due to the snappy looking controls but nearly every preview I've read has been glowingly positive so far (or at least says it's better than Generations/Colors, which is good enough praise in my book).

Also while not a huge Archie Sonic fan it was funny hearing Penders is supposedly already backtracking and saying Archie can use his characters if they follow a certain set of rules. After reading about how the reboot of the comic is going I honestly think Archie's better off without them. Anybody else who's big into the comic series (Sciz was if I remember right?) got a strong opinion on this?

Tizoc

EDIT: Anyone know how well the Phantasy Star games sold in the west? Read that they sold very poorly.

Other than that, SEGA's becoming more of a PC game company in the West. Crimson Dragon has the benefit of being $20 though, so it's prob. a short game, just wish they'd make more games within that same vein...

Also while not a huge Archie Sonic fan it was funny hearing Penders is supposedly already backtracking and saying Archie can use his characters if they follow a certain set of rules. After reading about how the reboot of the comic is going I honestly think Archie's better off without them. Anybody else who's big into the comic series (Sciz was if I remember right?) got a strong opinion on this?

Wait wha, when'd that happen? Well TBH there were only very few of Pender's characters that I liked, but I do hope that at least Geoffery comes back.

Sciz

It's sad that a Mario/Sonic crossover gets so little hype, quite indicative of the series really. Not that it's a terrible series or anything, it's just something that no one asked for.

Hey, I always look forward to Sega's biannual Mario arrangement album.

I can't recall, but they're the official licensed Olympic games, right?

Sega does a proper non-Mario game each time as well.

It's too late to bring them back. Only a few of them hurt to lose in the first place, and the soft reboot's already wiped out their ongoing storylines. The creative staff's already planned out how to move on without them, and in the end it's not going to amount to anything more than the capstone to the character culling Ian's been doing since he started on the series. And in any case, after the hell Penders put them through, Archie won't dare risk touching anything he's got any sort of legal claim to.

I haven't posted in this thread for months but were you guys still merely cautiously excited for Lost World or are we past that point now? Because I had my reservations due to the snappy looking controls but nearly every preview I've read has been glowingly positive so far (or at least says it's better than Generations/Colors, which is good enough praise in my book).
I'm still cautiously excited but if you have been stumbling across so called positive previews I'll raise my hype rating a tad.

Hey, I always look forward to Sega's biannual Mario arrangement album.

We'll be counting on you to find out which new original tracks are worth listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom