• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean??
iupD832ZYzWMO.gif

qq more

I'm gonna play Wind Waker HD

on Dolphin

(thank god my brother never sold his copy of WW)

EDIT: nevermind, the game keeps locking up after a cutscene :/

Nintendo secret nightmare fuel man...first they fuck you up with Giygas in a lighthearted-lookin' game, then they got Andross ol' giant scary ass head showing up in SF64, then this monstrous ass game where parents watch all their children killed by these big scary things.

My opinion of Dream Team is like my opinion of Skyward Sword, in that has some of the highest video game highs you'll find this year, that je ne sais quoi Nintendo magic high, but it goes on for like 40 fuckin' hours and you cut like half of them and the game would be better. Including all the slow tutorial-esque stuff.

doom still shits all over the majority of modern fps

8)
Amen.

Actually, while I still rather like Serious Sam (admittedly I've not tried Second Encounter or 3 yet), something I've noticed about it is that it goes for absurdly large arenas with little to no cover, and large hordes of enemies, many of which spawn the instant you pick up any kind of power-up. I dunno, it's fun, but it gets tiresome kinda quickly. Sam runs slower than the Doom guy, too (IIRC?), so bobbing and weaving isn't quite as good, either.

But, y'know, porque no los dos

My opinion of Dream Team is like my opinion of Skyward Sword, in that has some of the highest video game highs you'll find this year, that je ne sais quoi Nintendo magic high, but it goes on for like 40 fuckin' hours and you cut like half of them and the game would be better. Including all the slow tutorial-esque stuff.

I can't seem to tackle this post without me feeling the urge to drag Dream Team over the hot coals once more, so I get exactly where you're coming from but also manage to disagree at the same time.

Dream Team never actually reaches the Nintendo magic high /screw Nocturnowl

PKrockin

Playing with some Gecko codes to speed up the text and remove the redundant notifications definitely makes a difference in SS.

I can't seem to tackle this post without me feeling the urge to drag Dream Team over the hot coals once more, so I get exactly where you're coming from but also manage to disagree at the same time.

Well you know what Owl!?

I agree. Superstar Saga still da bes

Sciz

Amen.

Actually, while I still rather like Serious Sam (admittedly I've not tried Second Encounter or 3 yet), something I've noticed about it is that it goes for absurdly large arenas with little to no cover, and large hordes of enemies, many of which spawn the instant you pick up any kind of power-up. I dunno, it's fun, but it gets tiresome kinda quickly. Sam runs slower than the Doom guy, too (IIRC?), so bobbing and weaving isn't quite as good, either.

That's what makes the game. If you could outrun everything DOOM style, there wouldn't be any challenge. Instead it's a risk assessment game: what needs to die now, what can I afford to ignore and dodge for a bit, and what's the best weapon for the job. Repeat every three seconds or so while you turn the arena into the world's deadliest dance floor.

TSE does a better job of mixing the environments up, admittedly.

Whoa, come on now... I wouldn't do anything as silly as reading the Sonic Community thread... ;)

We'll try and talk about Sonic once in a while, just for you.

Actually, what does SoA do these days? After all the changes in the last couple years, I'm honestly not sure any more.

It's the lack of owls, isn't it? You take the one positive and turn it into a negative!
Whoa, come on now... I wouldn't do anything as silly as reading the Sonic Community thread... ;)

Hey, we keep it clean in here, pal!

RubyEclipse

Sega of America
wait... this is a Sonic thread?!

(kidding. Welcome, Ruby!)

Thanks! Don't worry, we don't need to chat Sonic... I can tell you guys about my horrible addiction to Steam Sales (Buy 50 games, then never play half of them) or how Last of Us has been staring at me for weeks and I still haven't touched it yet...

Actually, what does SoA do these days? After all the changes in the last couple years, I'm honestly not sure any more.

Beyond the titles that you're familiar with from SEGA (Sonic, Total War, etc), this year I was able to work on a game you might not normally see SEGA release in the West. (Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F on PS3.) That was a good chunk of my time, but well worth it. We also work on top secret projects, but they'll take a finger off if I say any more.

Sciz

Beyond the titles that you're familiar with from SEGA (Sonic, Total War, etc), this year I was able to work on a game you might not normally see SEGA release in the West. (Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F on PS3.) That was a good chunk of my time, but well worth it. We also work on top secret projects, but they'll take a finger off if I say any more.
Sega Europe hasn't yet absorbed all of your localization and publishing duties, then. Just wondering, what you guys still handle yourselves was a bit of a talking point in the recent Atlus threads (and I'll just assume you don't know or can't say anything about that yet).

Sonic: Lost World's main theme has steel drums. Steel drums. I swear, it's not helping the "this isn't inspired by Mario honest"; the way they're used make them sound like they came out of Super Mario Sunshine or Galaxy's tropical stages or similar.

It's pretty good, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom