• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

Can you get Archie's stuff digitally? I haven't read the Sonic comics in like 15 years but I'm sort of interested in the Sonic Mega Man crossover.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
But... but... that new book smell!

You're going to miss it if you get it digitally (tbh, I have no clue; you'd think they'd be available digitally, eh?). iirc, I remember the Sonic comics being available digitally.

Well the whole Knuckles, Krudzu & Thrash story has finally ended, and we are now 1 step away from the major crossover in the Archie comics X3. Oh and it looks like we'll FINALLY learn who the traitor is @_@.
This gave me a chuckle-
ExaoGAk.jpg
I haven't read it yet, but man, I like Flynn's writing a whoooooooole lot more than Penders. At least, like in that example, he seems to have fun with it.

You already forgot our discussion on how bad the stage was when I streamed it? :(
But if I didn't remember how crap the stage was from when he streamed it, how could I have had the discussion with you about how crap the stage was? :p

Both streams were great~ I hadn't played 8 in a looooong time, so they were great refresher courses. I ended up fixing a few things that I usually did wrong in that game in the past because of them (ie: being more efficient at it).

BlackJace

I would do, but I've never played it. I thought I saw a lot of complaints about reusing content.

Oooh yes. Yes, yes, yes.
The game has 5 main areas and 5 main bosses, all of which are played through twice with slightly different routes.

Actually, Nero has to fight all of the bosses in a gauntlet near the end of the game, so that's fighting the same bosses 3 times.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ya think they're putting these in one of those books like they did for the Genesis issues? Because then that way I might have all the covers without having to run all over the place for them.

Shit, I'm psyched for this! IT'S SO CUTE.

*cough*

Tizoc

Once I've read the next Megaman and SU issues I'll have a Discussion thread up for the crossover~

Also Rockman 8 was my 2nd entry into the series, and I really like it. A shame Megaman fans are so into the 8-bit games it prevents them from playing 7, 8 and R&F as they are.

qq more

Once I've read the next Megaman and SU issues I'll have a Discussion thread up for the crossover~

Also Rockman 8 was my 2nd entry into the series, and I really like it. A shame Megaman fans are so into the 8-bit games it prevents them from playing 7, 8 and R&F as they are.

I like 7 and Bass. I did not like 8 because of the level design. Except for a few like Tengu Man's stage... that one is really awesome!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tizoc, if you need help with the thread, you could probably ask some of us, but I think you've got a grip on making OTs.

As for MM8... I'm playing it! D:

I truly am quite positive that I'm not fond of the stage design. I don't mind Jump Jump Slide Slide, so that's a good! I like how it looks and sounds (outside of the voice acting). As for the game overall, I'm pretty indifferent to it right now. Major step up from dislike, though. I do like how the weapons actually matter and are generally flexible/do lots of stuff for you. As I said in the other thread:

A few people have urged me to do Mega Man 8. So I'm doing Mega Man 8.

Prior to Playing Post

I am not very fond of Mega Man 8. I like how it looks and sounds, but I am not terribly fond of its design (or level design), nor do I like the voice acting. Oddly, I remember not minding the jump jump slide slide parts which should probably irk me. Some of the bosses and character animations are pretty nice, though.

I do like the FC versions of 7&8 quite a bit, and it's been years since I've played the original games. So maybe I'll like the original MM8 more when I play through it soon.

The music's really awesome, though; for example, Frost Man -- freaking awesome bass, and nice instrument progression.

Man, I hope I like this game a little more than I did before. Let's do this.

Better idea is to play it in chunks. At least remembering Noi's playthrough and talking to Bean about it taught me that. Too used to playing a lot of these older platformers in one sitting, I guess.

7's not too bad, though again, it's been a while since I've played it. MM&B, I have some issues with.

Tizoc

@Schala- I'll write up a quick draft then just check with you guys in this thread =)

EDIT: Say Schala, this may be me being one-sided, but you should get Darkstalkers Resurrection, which has Darkstalkers' Revenge and 3. They are among Capcom's best animated games, and with them being very close ot arcade perfect, one can appreciate the magnificent work done to the game's visuals.

So I can start reading the comics again?

Yes...
start from Sonic the hedgehog #160, then read Sonic Universe. Also read the Megaman comic which is an excellent adaptation of the games.

Tizoc

160 is where Scourge shows up right?

Yup, although technically speaking, it's when Evil Sonic started being awesome.

Actually I stopped reading them a little after Naugus was crowned.

There was some good stuff going on since then.
This reminds me of when
Geoffery tells both Naugus and Mogul he sucker punched Sonic all casual like and they get a good laugh out of it
One of my fav. moments from the comic.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My copy of Mega Man X4 shipped. Yaaaaaaaay.

I also picked up the new Sonic issues today, so I can get through them Friday night or this weekend and post stuff.

No one told me they were releasing Sonic Digests now (much like the Archie Digests). I was about to pick one up until I realized that I had a bunch of the issues in that. Also picked up the SSSM. I totally remember some of these issues, so it looks like they're digging deeper into the back-catalogue.

EDIT: ALSO: Justin Timberlake's new album is amazing, yo. I loved FutureSex/LoveSounds so I am psyched. We used to blast Sexyback waaaay back in my chem labs when I was in undergrad because our TA was awesome.

@Schala- I'll write up a quick draft then just check with you guys in this thread =)
Sorry, was in lab this morning and took the afternoon to study so I didn't get to respond to this until now.

But it all sounds good! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with~ :)

EDIT: Say Schala, this may be me being one-sided, but you should get Darkstalkers Resurrection, which has Darkstalkers' Revenge and 3. They are among Capcom's best animated games, and with them being very close ot arcade perfect, one can appreciate the magnificent work done to the game's visuals.
Might think about it! You know I love animations and great artstyles, so that's why you suggested it, eh? Thanks. I'm not super-great at fighters, but I'll definitely look into it. Might need to buy a PSN card soon to renew my PS+ anyway.

If there's one thing I like about fighters, it's how good the animations and backgrounds are.

RIP SNK. :(

Also read the Megaman comic which is an excellent adaptation of the games.
This. I'm surprised with how good they tend to be. I still have to catch up on Gigamix (bought 'em but didn't get a chance to read 'em yet).

Sciz

Like all good things, covers come in threes:

megasonic02.jpg

“When Worlds Collide”: Part Eight of Twelve
The hunt for the Roboticized Masters comes to its explosive end! As the gripping second act of the Sonic/Mega Man crossover event comes to a close, Proto Man and the Chaotix make a crucial discovery in the battle to restore BOTH worlds! The tension is fraying the bromance of Drs. Eggman and Wily! Bass and Metal Sonic prepare to lead an army-but an army of what? Featuring new cover art from Sonic/Mega Man art legend Patrick Spaziante, and a special “E.F.F. (aka Evil Friends Forever) Variant” featuring Dr.’s Eggman and Wily gaming on their EGGSbox!
Mega-Man-27.jpg

“When Worlds Collide”: Part Ten of Twelve
The most anticipated crossover event of 2013 rolls on with “When Worlds Collide” Part Ten of Twelve! We enter the final assault as Sonic, Tails, Mega Man and Rush storm the Wily Egg to end the dastardly duo of doctors’ plans! Speaking of “duos,” what’s that entering Earth’s atmosphere? Can it help Sonic and Mega Man fend off the Mega Man Killers? How about a Chaos Devil? Featuring more new cover art from the legendary Patrick “SPAZ” Spaziante and a special look at the cover process with a super special “pencil, ink, color” sketch variant!

is it April yet guys :(

BTW, for lack of anywhere better to put this, Strife posted this in Retro. Apparently he commissioned a Japanese artist to draw it? It came out remarkably well, I think.

417704_613266255354521_1306704760_n.jpg

TheOGB

Banned
BTW, for lack of anywhere better to put this, Strife posted this in Retro. Apparently he commissioned a Japanese artist to draw it? It came out remarkably well, I think.

417704_613266255354521_1306704760_n.jpg
Heh, that's neat--

Like all good things, covers come in threes:

Chaos Devil
EGGsbox

is it April yet guys :(
jjjjjfffffghfghfghjbuilzdrftkblmn JEEZUS

I don't know why that's got me so hyped, but I WANT IT NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom