• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokonoe

Banned
Music

KpT6CCX.gif

Quackula

Looking at the staff for Okage: Shadow King, it seems like most of these guys never worked on any other games. That's a shame, it has a really unique vibe and I would've liked to see some of these guys work on other stuff in the future.

According to the official Facebook page for the title, the head of the Saints has been elected President of the United States, leading the charge against an alien force in a struggle to save humanity. Players will "wield gargantuan superpowers" and have an "arsenal of alien weaponry and technology" at their disposal, as well as superpower abilities to leap buildings, outrun enemies and use telekinesis.

Yes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
At the risk of being replied with "No Fun Allowed", I would really appreciate if it that sort of stuff wasn't posted in the thread as a picture.

A link? Maybe. A picture? Hm.

Replace it with a link, please. Thanks. Quotes should probably be replaced with a link as well.

Emitan

According to the official Facebook page for the title, the head of the Saints has been elected President of the United States, leading the charge against an alien force in a struggle to save humanity. Players will "wield gargantuan superpowers" and have an "arsenal of alien weaponry and technology" at their disposal, as well as superpower abilities to leap buildings, outrun enemies and use telekinesis.

Yes.

GOTY

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This is the best music thread on GAF today.

In other news, here's an interview with Roger Craig Smith wherein he talks a lot about being the voice of Sonic.
I skimmed this earlier. I wonder if he plays the games where he voices Sonic if he ever gets time to do so.

But a voice actor not playing games that much makes sense.

Ezio Auditore da Firenze will always be one of my favorites, as well. That was such an incredible opportunity to play a character through so many stages of his life. I'll likely never get another chance like that in my career, so I really enjoyed getting to voice Ezio.
I like this bit a lot. I totally agree with it.

TheOGB

Banned

Yes.
esCmtfG.gif

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Sorry about earlier guys, especially to Shadow Hog. I get really antsy and turn into an asshole as part of pre-exam jitters (seriously, though--1.5 hours before an exam and I hate the class). I trust y'all to have some good judgement on your shoulders, and to be fair, it wasn't really bad. I think I overreacted.

So! NO MORE POSTING BEFORE EXAMS FOR ME. D:

Anyway...

Anybody else pledging their team allegiance in that Joakim interview thread? I for the life of me can't believe that's CGI.
I still can't believe that's CG.

It's incredible.

And hot on the heels of that one is the non-variant cover for StH #250, which was paired with this interview about Sonic and Mega Man and the crossover in general:
I went out and bought a buncha bags and boards to prepare for this. If they plan to have variant covers and stuff, I... well, I don't think I'm going to buy the issues twice. I might double-dip if they decide to publish an anthology for it and include both cover arts in there.

I am so freaking psyched, you guys. Just started reading the recent SU/MM/StH issues now that I'm home.

MM#23 makes it seem like Jampole is improving. Better proportions, anyway. I'm pretty pleased with it so far~

Flynn said:
So the post-"Genesis" story arc was meant to really shake things up. It took characters out of their comfort zones and really tested them to see what their limits were.
I think he's been doing a good job with it. Obviously the Penders shit kinda mucked things up for recent issues, but I like what he's done with a lot of the characters since the Genesis arc. Especially in SU (outside of Elias who, well, I don't think I ever liked).

Kaminski said:
Reading Ian's scripts with Dr. Wiley and Dr. Eggman...the way he wrote those two together with an epic bromance united by mustaches and general lab coats is a beautiful thing. I say that removing myself from being the editor on the book. With these I felt more like I was sitting back and giggling as I read the adventure, and I think the fans will get a really big kick out of this one.
This shit is like VGCW in comic form.

I can only predict how funny this relationship is going to be going by the covers.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Finished Mega Man 8. Will post thoughts in that other thread later, but I think I came out of it thinking it's just okay, which is a huge step up from disliking it (granted, there were some bits in the game that were pushing me towards indifference). There are certainly things I don't like about it, but there are some things I've come to like about it.

It's too damn cold to play Super Mario 64 right now and I wanna stay wrapped up in my blanket instead. I'll play it tomorrow.

I'm catching up! Really fun so far. Way better when watching it with another person too.

(Hope your exam went well)
Thank you! And kinda. I knew what I was talking about so I feel like it was solid. I just really hate the class and wanted to get it out of the way.

Speaking of disturbing imagery

Could've at least tried to line the faces up :V
Oh gawwwwd. How awkward.

what the fuck am I watching

why is Amy Pond there

why does this dude have access to that level of presentation for his furry shit

why the dialogue
Y'know, the second video would be... well, okay, I won't say good, but better if it didn't have that whole "soliloquy in black snowy void" bullshit. Most of the dialog in between characters was passable; it's just having that stupid foreshadowing bullshit that never went anywhere that really sucked. To say nothing of the awful CG quality, but that kinda goes without saying.

The third one was shit just because it was literally begging for views. Depressing that that guy's need for a fanbase got that bad, honestly, ouch.

Game Over!

tumblr_inline_mjkz0pwRA81qd0wxf.gif

I still need to see Wreck-it Ralph.
You really do.

I saw it a few hours ago. Oh so many references. Probably my favorite moment is a certain scene from the backstory of one of the main characters, in its sheer absurdity/drama.

Where was she hiding that gun o_O

Oh, and I would try out a game like Sugar Rush if it was defictionalized. Kart racers for all!

I got bored, so I asked Cleverbot some questions about Sonic:

Which do you prefer: Classic or Modern Sonic?

Modern.

How fast do you think Sonic runs?

Faster than your mind.

...do you think he runs faster than yours?

Yes.

What do you think of the Homing Attack?

I Don't Know. How About You?

I don't mind it, personally.

You're ill.

...what makes you say that?

Because I'm awesome.

So is Sonic.

You don't say.

Yes I do.

Guess Who

Banned

Reactions from the Sonic Retro IRC channel:
...Oh god
That model of Sonic
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

this
this is the weirdest fucking shit
is this a fever dream

what the flying FUCK

My brain is broken. This is officially weirder than that horrifying bizarreness I make up when I'm deranged on drugs.

a man sitting in a car with a 3D woman and a 3D furry
I am not prepared for this
I was never prepared for this

FUCK YOU GW FOR MAKING ME WATCH THIS

watching that blip thing
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Is that purple dog-thing voiced by Vegeta?

What came first, the awkward Sonic image or the fact he looks awkward in the first place?

On another note, I am starting to think Aquatic Ruin has the best music for a bloody water level.

Tizoc

Might think about it! You know I love animations and great artstyles, so that's why you suggested it, eh? Thanks. I'm not super-great at fighters, but I'll definitely look into it. Might need to buy a PSN card soon to renew my PS+ anyway.
Grab US PSN codes for $120: $50 to renew your Plus and get $10 back in April, another $60 for any other games you wanna get so you'll get ANOTHER $10 in April
and $10 for me since it'll help me get a clean $200 spendings by the end of April~

If there's one thing I like about fighters, it's how good the animations and backgrounds are.
Darkstalkers series is THE epitome of 2D fighting game animation of the 90s.
Default speeds in 3 are Normal and Turbo 3, in Revenge its Normal and Turbo 1.
I recommend you spend as much time as you want just SEEING how the game animates and all the magnificent animations that take place when an opponent gets electrocuted, transformed, burned or DECAPITATED.

The only SNK games that have had great animation during the Neo Geo era are, IMO:
Metal Slug series
Art of Fighting 3
Garou
Last Blade
Ninja Masters has some good animation
Real Bout series has good animation as well
Windjammers just for the heck of it
Waku Waku 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom