• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah, I'm supposed to be doing some stuff. D:

Actually I've done a bit already but I got distracted, being back at uni plus Eurogamer plus other stuff. Got day off tomorrow and I've got an awful cold so I'll crack on then

Sonic: Lost World |OT| Obama chuckled "You mean the Chaos Emeralds?"

Speaking of Obama, since the federal govt has shut down, its time to move on up to Schala-land

Sciz

It's been a whole week! I'm really happy with the response this has been getting, so thanks, guys. Let's celebrate with a popular song from a belov- naw, I'm kidding, we're listening to Sonic Shuffle.

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #7

Song: Sunny Side
Game: Sonic Shuffle
Composer: Akihiro Sato, Hidenobu Otsuki, or Ryo Fukuda

Sonic tracks don't get much more obscure than Shuffle tunes (they still do, but that's for some other day). It was developed by Hudson (RIP), and as such, the music isn't by any of the series regulars. Still good stuff, though, full of catchy tunes like this bouncy little thing. It certainly won't win any awards for sophistication, but I can't say no to a combination of brass, electric organ, and harpsichord. It's the sort of tune the shopping channel would run if it were way more awesome. Kind of reminiscent of Billy Hatcher's music, too, which is always a good sign.

Honestly, there are enough games coming out through the rest of the year, combined with stuff I've still gotta play in my library, that I'm not really hurting that bad to play Donkey Kong Country. The problem, for me, is more in what the delay says for the rest of the Wii U's library going in to next year.

qq more

Windy Hill from Sonic Lost World confirmed as new Smash Bros stage

and yet we still haven't seen more of the assumed Mario Galaxy stage... lol

TheOGB

Banned

I like this one, certainly upbeat, and almost sounds like it could be a Mario Kart song. At the same time, I think Sonic Shuffle has some better (or at least, more interesting) tracks than this.

...I'd link to them but I'm on mobile right now, so I'll come back to this post in a few minutes.

FYC

Banned
Bring on the OST
XvbgHjE.gif

Sciz

At the same time, I think Sonic Shuffle has some better (or at least, more interesting) tracks than this.

It does, but random is as random does. I've skipped over a lot of stuff that's just plain bland, but I'm not trying to put together a Greatest Hits list here either.

Razzer

It's been a whole week! I'm really happy with the response this has been getting, so thanks, guys. Let's celebrate with a popular song from a belov- naw, I'm kidding, we're listening to Sonic Shuffle.

Honestly, this is pretty average to me. It has some nice quirks to it, but in the great genre of potential elevator music, I've heard better. The melody is pretty repetitive, and nothing really stands out to me. It's inoffensive but not all that interesting.

dangerously high sodium levels right now

they didn't even throw a bone with a new trailer or screenshot or the fourth character or SOMETHING

It's 9/11 all over again...

Razzer

At least you have access to consoles right now, unlike me. Even if the most hyped game has been delayed there are still other things that look good, I saw you praising Super Mario 3D World in the Nintendo Direct thread.

Razzer

I don't mean itt like that, I just find that if you try to take a positive attitude toward it you'll feel better. That's all.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Poor JC. :(

He should be tested for all that salt.

And if you all are going to be like that about the thread title, I'll take the most popular ones and put 'em in a poll.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze got delayed into 2014 and JC's losing it. :p

Recount! [Close 2nd place title] was robbed!
CZKiNEx.png
The last time I checked, my name wasn't Professor Beef.

We still need to have that second election for President of SonicGAF since Beef stole the vote and we haven't impeached him over that scandal yet.

Finally managed to actually get on gaf today after failing get on for the longest. With all the server errors I was getting, you'd have thought HL3 or some shit got con- WHAT IN THEEEE FUCKKKK

Nice to hear Sonic made it back in Smash. (As if there was any doubt.)

Gotta download that english AA5 demo, too. Wonder how Sam Riegel's going to sound as Phoenix when he's not in a fighting game.

Darryl

Banned
Honestly, there are enough games coming out through the rest of the year, combined with stuff I've still gotta play in my library, that I'm not really hurting that bad to play Donkey Kong Country. The problem, for me, is more in what the delay says for the rest of the Wii U's library going in to next year.

that's the worst part. unless they're absolutely packed with games next year they're probably going to push back everything across the board to give it space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom