• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah, I can find you guys via Steam ID in the Steam client just fine, but can't do it online. (Well, I probably could, if I had the relevant URL on hand. This one, specifically.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Are you doing Siren? I was gonna stream a little Shadow Hearts tonight as well.

We're not really getting a lot of kids tonight, but I think that may be a consequence of everyone around here being older (though when I was in high school, people were -still- going trick-or-treating).

Heels always lose in the end, the last kid who turns up on your doorstep will trick you good and in your bewildered state they'll steal treats from your kitchen.

Triple H is winning, though.

ioOcsaPwe0OwI.gif

"It's not personal, kids. Its just business"

TheOGB

Banned
We never gave out candy. Still don't. Hell, it's more of a tradition for us to just turn off all the lights and act like we're not home.
My parents were those "Halloween is a demonic holiday" types. I say "were" because they don't act like it now, but they simply don't give a fuck.

I think we had just one group of people knock on our door, didn't even have to go full on "pretend we're not at home" mode like usual, truly this is a brand new era and now the leftover treats are mine for the taking.
The only trick that I got through my door on this most frightening of days was another job rejection letter, now that's SPOOKY!

Giving out candy to a bunch of kids just isn't good for business.

You're going to leave the Big Show of your neighbourhood kids weeping on your doorstep.

Every year kids knock and every year I ignore them.

I don't even have the decency to pretend I'm not home or open the door to say I don't have candy.

Y'all bunch of grinches, I tells ya. I got off of work and then handed out candy for 2 1/2 hours. And it was raining like nobodies business, yet there were still tons of people out.

Edit: And a big thumbs up to Noi for the new avatar!

Are you doing Siren? I was gonna stream a little Shadow Hearts tonight as well.

We're not really getting a lot of kids tonight, but I think that may be a consequence of everyone around here being older (though when I was in high school, people were -still- going trick-or-treating).

Where do you stream Schala?

I just made mine. D:

Oh, I was just on Steam a little while ago. Next time I get on I'll be sure to add you, as well.

Speaking of Steam, I've been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum for the first time on PC. Figured it would be a good game for the holiday. I really am enjoying it thus far. Being able to sneak around and pick off enemies one-by-one, while the rest get slowly thrown into a panic is awesome.

I swear Ace Attorney 5 is eating battery away faster than any other 3DS game I've played. I don't quite get how. Am I just playing it more than other games and losing track of time, or is it really a power hog?

Speaking of Steam, I've been playing Batman: Arkham Asylum for the first time on PC. Figured it would be a good game for the holiday. I really am enjoying it thus far. Being able to sneak around and pick off enemies one-by-one, while the rest get slowly thrown into a panic is awesome.
The Arkham games are really awesome like that. The non-stealth fighting flows surprisingly smoothly, and the stealth segments themselves are incredibly fun to watch - especially since getting caught is incredibly easy to get out of.

Actually, getting caught tends to be an issue I have with Metal Gear... It's not as easy as just flying to a gargoyle and hopping around, you actually have to hide. I wonder if killing enemies is a better option in a pinch... I've been trying to play those games non-lethal, which I've noticed tends to make things harder than needbe.

Been looking up stuff about Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. So much yes.

Yes to the art direction.

Yes to the combat shown thus far.

Yes to character designs shown thus far.

Yes to the voice acting so far.

Just, yes.

AniHawk

target b2g1f on all games!

w101 + gta v + asscreed iv
batman ao + mlb 13 + into the nexus

i think that should cover it. the only games i'm still picking up this year after that are tearaway, mario, zelda, and ys. ys will probably have to wait until next year, as will mlb, asscreed, and maybe even w101. i'm not that interested in a lot of those though, so i might just do w101 + gta v + batman.

fake edit: i'd have to be able to find the wii u batman in stores first, i think.

Sciz

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #38

Song: Death Yard Zone ~ BOSS
Game: Sonic Rivals
Composer: Chris Rezanson

Feliz día de los muertos, amigos! La serie es muy deficiente en las canciones que se adapten al día, por lo que sugiero escuchar la banda sonora de Grim Fandango lugar.

Okay that's enough abusing Google Translate. Sonic Rivals was a Backbone game, and it's got the music to fit. They're short, they're mixed too loudly, and they're loaded with riffs that even Senoue wouldn't touch. But most frustrating of all is that most of them actually do have the grains of potential to become something good, but Rezanson failed to capitalize on them every single time. This one's got the guitar squeals at 0:14, the strings immediately thereafter, and the brass picking up the pace immediately after that. But they're all so basic. They sound good in isolation but don't develop into anything, and don't flow into one another well either. It's a song begging for a good guitar solo to fill in all the empty space.

Been looking up stuff about Castlevania Lords of Shadows 2. So much yes.

Yes to the art direction.

Yes to the combat shown thus far.

Yes to character designs shown thus far.

Yes to the voice acting so far.

Just, yes.

It looks okay, but as someone that was pretty indifferent to LoS and MoF I'll be waiting for a price drop. I'm sure it'll be alright for whatever I end up paying for it, but I'll be happy to see the back of this subseries.

I still can't believe Nintendo shut down Swapnote so suddenly.

The reasoning is kinda weird too. Like "we realised people were using the internet to add each other's friend codes and then send stuff that might be inappropriate." The first bit is a complete "no shit" like what, they thought people were only giving their friend codes to people they know IRL? I don't need to be online to multiplay with people I know IRL Nintendo. Hell, the only drawings of dicks I've gotten on Swapnote were from people I do know in person.

RIP in peace Nikki

SonicGAF's Song of the Day - #38

Song: Death Yard Zone ~ BOSS
Game: Sonic Rivals
Composer: Chris Rezanson

I've only played the second Rivals game, so my first response is I ALWAYS RACE TO WIN. After that, I'm not sure if it's just the Youtube reaching the point where the track's supposed to loop and just cutting or what but, apart from being a bit of a cacophony, it seems to end rather abruptly.

TheOGB

Banned
Rivals 2's soundtrack was better than the first.
Just like Shadow the Hedgehog is better than 06... :p

Goodness gracious I am really rusty at Generations now

qq more

I've been keeping count on how many games I've beaten this year so far.

Now I'm tied with my last year's record which was 41. My 41st game this year was Dark Void Zero, neat little DSiWare game.

EDIT: I want to vent here for a bit because it's been driving me fucking insane, but holy shit @ the defense force on Swapnote's removal. Fucking sad shit I'm reading. Now you have people telling you "use your phone instead!" Uh yeah because both are totally comparable at all. Jesus.

Pietepiet

Now I'm tied with my last year's record which was 41. My 41st game this year was Dark Void Zero, neat little DSiWare game.

Holy crap, dude. I think I finished like 5 or something...

BHZ Mayor

EDIT: I want to vent here for a bit because it's been driving me fucking insane, but holy shit @ the defense force on Swapnote's removal. Fucking sad shit I'm reading. Now you have people telling you "use your phone instead!" Uh yeah because both are totally comparable at all. Jesus.

After that Tearaway thread, I wouldn't be surprised. That thread showed me why people rag on Nintendo fans so hard, but I'll stop there since this is borderline sneakdissing posters.

More on topic, make #42 Sonic 2.

It looks okay, but as someone that was pretty indifferent to LoS and MoF I'll be waiting for a price drop. I'm sure it'll be alright for whatever I end up paying for it, but I'll be happy to see the back of this subseries.

Maybe it's because I've never been a big fan of Castlevania (I've only played Super Castlevania 4 and Symphony of the Night) and because I didn't play the first iteration. I'll be giving it a rent before I buy though (there are very few games that I just go out and buy for 60 smackeroos).

In other news...

Devil May Cry 4: 2.8 million

Devil May Cry 3 (vanilla + SE) : 2.3 million

Devil May Cry: 2.16 million

Devil May Cry 2: 1.7 million

DmC Devil may Cry: 1.2 million

Well done, Capcom. In an effort to expand the fanbase (with exception to #2 it was already going up with each entry, all things considered) and reach that "90's metacritic score"... you failed to meet sales expectations by 40% (1.2 million shipped instead of 2 million shipped), made an entry that sold less than every other game in the franchise (even DMC 2), failed to get a 90 or above for a metacritic score (85/100 was what it got), trashed what momentum the franchise had, and alienated the fanbase. And now that everything is said and done, the franchise may or may not be dead/shelved. Brilliant.

Capcom gonna Capcom.

Sciz

I've only played the second Rivals game, so my first response is I ALWAYS RACE TO WIN. After that, I'm not sure if it's just the Youtube reaching the point where the track's supposed to loop and just cutting or what but, apart from being a bit of a cacophony, it seems to end rather abruptly.

The rip floating around isn't looped properly, no.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Lightning Lord, isn't it your birthday today? My records indicate that it's your birthday today. >.>

--------------

You know, after pondering it around a little bit, the controversial thing to say about Sonic Lost World is perhaps that it tried to add stuff to appease or address things that people who don't like Sonic games typically don't like... but it doesn't do it very well (this is a broad generalization, do not take it as fact--because it does address stuff that some Sonic fans take issue with, too).

I've been saying to myself that it doesn't necessarily feel like a Sonic game, and experimentation certainly doesn't hurt in the slightest, but the game lacks consistency and its own identity that the experimentation truly hurt it. I have to wonder how the divisive reaction with respect to the game itself is like with respect to Sonic fans as opposed to general platformer fans.

I still haven't gone back to the 3DS version. I... dread to. :/

qq more

Holy crap, dude. I think I finished like 5 or something...
5?! get workin' on beating them games, son!

After that Tearaway thread, I wouldn't be surprised. That thread showed me why people rag on Nintendo fans so hard, but I'll stop there since this is borderline sneakdissing posters.

More on topic, make #42 Sonic 2.
I'll stop too since I only posted that to really let that out. I was absolutely pissed off at the defense.

Sonic 2 won't be #42 but it will certainly be one of the games this year!

Lightning Lord, isn't it your birthday today? My records indicate that it's your birthday today. >.>

--------------

You know, after pondering it around a little bit, the controversial thing to say about Sonic Lost World is perhaps that it tried to add stuff to appease or address things that people who don't like Sonic games typically don't like... but it doesn't do it very well (this is a broad generalization, do not take it as fact--because it does address stuff that some Sonic fans take issue with, too).

I've been saying to myself that it doesn't necessarily feel like a Sonic game, and experimentation certainly doesn't hurt in the slightest, but the game lacks consistency and its own identity that the experimentation truly hurt it. I have to wonder how the divisive reaction with respect to the game itself is like with respect to Sonic fans as opposed to general platformer fans.

You're right, it is his birthday. Happy Birthday Lightning Lord!

Don't go back to the 3DS version... not just yet. Take a break from awful games pls

BHZ Mayor

--------------

I have no idea what Lightning Lord likes so I don't know what kind of cake to post, but happy birthday anyway.

I haven't played it but it seems like it's trying to cater to classic fans, modern fans, and Mario fans all in one go. Sega needs to commit to one focus and make the best game they can from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom