• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame in the end that I just didn't feel like I had the genre experience to make a good list so I went without, good on you for following through with it though.

All i'm going to say regarding those results is that Goldeneye casts too large a shadow over Perfect Dark which is a shame as to me PD does everything much better.
Oh damn, If i'd voted I could've edged Timesplitters 2 into the top 25, this is the price I must pay.
TimeSplitters 2 was in my top 10...

You blew it, owl!

Good list, but Prime is way too low.
This is true, though the whole is it an outright FPS or not angle probably wasn't doing it any favours in the voting.

I also hear Bitter Beef was sabotaging peoples Prime votes.

TimeSplitters 2 was in my top 10...

You blew it, owl!
I did, I really did.
Now the unenlightened of GAF will never know the joys of Virus mode before Future Perfect cocked it and many other things up, I just want to set up my GC and go through Notre Dame to repent.

jbzOD13anv2Uf6.png

Should be "Released on friggin' everything"

Pietepiet

Sonic music... can be... remixed... without... just simply taking... the mp3... and EQing it..?!

I think we all need to take a seat and relax.

It's a Modern Sonic Remix Medley! :D Got Rooftop Run, Reach for the Stars and Endless Possibilities in there. :3

Now that we're on remixes: after I get back from GDC in two weeks I'll finally release the Sonic remix album I've been trying to get together since summer. Falk especially helped me out a lot, and we've got 10 solid and very varied tracks from some really great artists :) I think I gave some of you guys a couple previews on IRC a while back. Anyway, just something to look forward to, and I'm too excited that it's finally getting done so I just had to share!

Pl511

Neo Member
Now that we're on remixes: after I get back from GDC in two weeks I'll finally release the Sonic remix album I've been trying to get together since summer. Falk especially helped me out a lot, and we've got 10 solid and very varied tracks from some really great artists :) I think I gave some of you guys a couple previews on IRC a while back. Anyway, just something to look forward to, and I'm too excited that it's finally getting done so I just had to share!

Sounds awesome! :D If you ever need a pianist to make a solo for a track, I'm your man. ^^ Just in terms of skill level, the solo in this track at about 1:29 onwards is my level (obviously everything else in the track is too, but that part was the most challenging for me). Looking forward to hearing your album! :3

It's amazing how fast I can get the GC set up compared to not only consoles from the present but also some of the ones before the Cube that require some extra tinkering (looking at you N64!), this is the first time i've actually used the console itself since I got the Wii.
Repenting time for my failure to elevate TS2, Notre Dame is still the bees knees, I forgot about this boss theme. I don't know what it is about the stage that allows me to replay it infinitely more than any other stage in the game, it just hits all the right notes.

To relate back to Sonic...well frantic multiplayer is one of the fastest things going, yeah, SPEED! especially when you're playing as Robofish and pick up the speed power up, Sonic's got some competition in that event.

Village

If I may say something sonic related, I got Sonic Transformed recently, and finally got to unlock shadow, excited having unlocked my favorite sonic character, i play his him.

I started using him....and then he talked. Forgot its not Griffith anymore. But Christ all i hear is Don Patch( or PaPa rocks for you manga enthusiasts ).

BlackJace

If I may say something sonic related, I got Sonic Transformed recently, and finally got to unlock shadow, excited having unlocked my favorite sonic character, i play his him.

I started using him....and then he talked. Forgot its not Griffith anymore. But Christ all i hear is Don Patch( or PaPa rocks for you manga enthusiasts ).

1050s.gif

Village

Yes, i like many like shadow. He is a popular guy, and I can see why. But to go into that, would just make people angry. Someone liking something you don't like with valid reasons tends to do that to people, especially when those valid reasons make whoever you like look worse. I have been to many a sonic thread, i have seen some shit brudda.

Malajax

It only took me until the unleashed mod to realize that you can actually get lower than a B rank in Generations. Mind. Blown.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm done that damned project. Now I need to study for my exam and stay up until 7 AM or some weird obnoxious time. Hooray. Or something. (I'm kinda cranky, tbh.)

God, I can't wait for this fortnight from hell to be over. It was awful. I haven't had time to relax at all.

Sonic music... can be... remixed... without... just simply taking... the mp3... and EQing it..?!

I think we all need to take a seat and relax.

It's a Modern Sonic Remix Medley! :D Got Rooftop Run, Reach for the Stars and Endless Possibilities in there. :3
Ah, it's your first time with drums? Yeah, sounds a little rough at some bits (ie: some bits don't match because I can hear the hi-hats more than the main melody and it's a bit distracting), but for a first try, it's alright. Good job.

I really wish I were more educated on the genre to have participated. It's a decent attempt at making a genre thread though, and I think it was pretty successful in the end.

Eventually, all hardware will just come programmed with Doom built in, like standard Calculator and Calender apps
I want to play it on my TI-84.

BlackJace

Yes, i like many like shadow. He is a popular guy, and I can see why. But to go into that, would just make people angry. Someone liking something you don't like with valid reasons tends to do that to people, especially when those valid reasons make whoever you like look worse. I have been to many a sonic thread, i have seen some shit brudda.

I don't have a problem with you liking Shadow, man. This is a Sonic thread after all, it was just a joke of sorts :)

Village

I don't have a problem with you liking Shadow, man. This is a Sonic thread after all, it was just a joke of sorts :)

Oh I am sorry , please forgive me.Sonic makes people hostile. I had to break out the pony/super hero argument in a sonic forum a while ago. The argument was about Sonic himself.

Pray you never have to see the pony/super hero argument.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
This thread doesn't get hostile because half of the time we joke around.

If someone says something mean, it's generally because they're pulling your leg in a jokingly way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom