• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Shadow's my fav. Sonic video game series character too~
Luigi, Waliugi & Fawful are my fav. Mario series characters.

Ugh. Tired. No. I'm exhausted.
Oh come on, kid, I could sleep for less than 6 hours and still have enough energy to get a 9-10 hours day work done.

A lot of what I'm writing is aimed at neutralizing that sort of comment before it happens (though there will always be a few would-be funny men, yes). To that end, the big bright red disclaimer has to go. The last thing you want to do is establish an argumentative tone straight off the bat, because all you're really going to do is incite shitposting from the peanut gallery and set neutral people on edge. This is a fun thing. We're happy about it. That should come through in the OP, and if people really want to piss on a parade, then at that point that's their own problem.

Anyway, yeah, I suspect that the thread will mirror the announcement thread for the first page or so and it'll die down. Disclaimer can be removed because by the time the comics actually come out, the people who don't give a shit won't shitpost in the thread.

Hmm, I'm remove it then, but what should the thread title be?

Good point (I probably did say that somewhere, but I'm too tired and stressed to remember if I did or not). So... this is going over in Gaming side, right? I don't think people will want to catch up that much, and it's not exactly crucial to understanding the whole Worlds Collide plot.

Though it's your thread and it's prerogative. It's truly up to you when you want to post it.

That's another thing I've been wanting to ask; should it be in Off-topic or Gaming forums? If you guys think Gaming is where it should be I'll make it there.

It's in my amazon cart as we speak

Funny enough I ordered the TPB a few minutes before your post myself lol.

I'm working on a list of what Megaman panels and pages to show in the discussion thread now @_@

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, best to PM a mod about that. You can go either/or with it.

I like Shadow Hog's title. I don't think alliteration would completely fit since the only synonyms for "to meet" I can think of en anglais that start with "b" are: brush and bump. If you need synonyms that don't start with "b", I can think of a bunch.

Oh come on, kid, I could sleep for less than 6 hours and still have enough energy to get a 9-10 hours day work done.
Aha, I actually get stern talking-tos from GAF members and GAF lurkers alike about my sleep schedule. That's code for: "I get 1-4 hours of sleep most of the time or I barely sleep at all". These past two weeks have been brutal on my schedule. I think I got 2 hours in last night. Gonna probably get 3 in tonight at this rate.

Tizoc

^Testing thread title.

Kagari said I should post it in Gaming, so gaming it is. GET YOUR DEFENSES READY!

Yeah, best to PM a mod about that. You can go either/or with it.

I like Shadow Hog's title. I don't think alliteration would completely fit since the only synonyms for "to meet" I can think of en anglais that start with "b" are: brush and bump. If you need synonyms that don't start with "b", I can think of a bunch.

Hmm I'd say adding in crossover would work fine-
Sonic and Mega Man "Worlds Collide" Comic Crossover |OT| Blue Blur meets Blue Bomber
It fits as a thread title, so I guess I'll go with it. I'm fine with the subtitle actually, it was the first part that I was having trouble, myself, figuring it out =3

Aha, I actually get stern talking-tos from GAF members and GAF lurkers alike about my sleep schedule. That's code for: "I get 1-4 hours of sleep most of the time or I barely sleep at all". These past two weeks have been brutal on my schedule. I think I got 2 hours in last night. Gonna probably get 3 in tonight at this rate.

Daayum...I really need to make it so I sleep 7-8 hours tops, but sadly due to my personal schedule which involves gaming, going to the gym/excersing and other stuff like hanging out with friends, net chatting, etc. and that work takes up to 10-10:30 hours of my life...I gotta compensate to not go loco.

For today though I get home by 6:30 then I have work tomorrow and gotta wake up by 6:30 AM, and I wanna get 7-8 hours of sleep ;.; I should settle for 7-ish at this point...

Sciz

Okay, so this ended up being less of an edit/rewrite and more of a complete overhaul. I can never go halfway on these things.
Will dig up quotes, photoshop art later.

------------------------

Title:
"Worlds Collide" |OT| Sonic X Mega Man on the printed page
Sonic and Mega Man "Worlds Collide" Comic |OT| Blue Blur meets Blue Bomber
etc., make more suggestions

- Find an appropriate promotional splash pages; Archie's got some nice ones, but the resolution is crap

Introduction:

"Relevant quote from Ian or Paul"

“Worlds Collide” is a 12-part comic book crossover event between Archie’s Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man comic series.

Okay, for those of you still with us, this is really exciting, and I say that without a trace of sarcasm. Fans have drawn parallels between the two series for years: Both feature evil roboticists trying to take over the world, both have similarly cliche supporting casts (the loyal canine companion, the dark double, the sometimes friendly rival, the requisite supportive girl), both have a legacy of great music and wildly variable quality, and the heroes both share some color of the spectrum or something. In recent years, they also both have series coming out of Archie Comics, the independent publisher that just won't die.

But that'd all be so much cruft if the comics were rubbish. No, what makes this exciting is that it represents a crossover between not just the two franchises, but between three of the best comic books running today (Sonic has two). They're nonstop character-driven fun, full of color and lighthearted comedy even as they weave in action and drama. And like all great kid-friendly media, they're littered with gags for the older fans while never talking down to the actual target audience. Being sourced from beloved video game franchises just makes them that much better.

Here's the rundown on what you're getting into:​

The Blue Blur

- Grab representative panels from several issues, StH logo top-center, SU logo bottom-center

"Another quote specifically about Sonic"

Nope. I distinctly remember the Sonic comic being as bad as the games. Worse.

And there was a time when you were dead right, when the series' standards let plots through like "Sonic goes to high school no really" and "Knuckles' extended family goes through vaguely sociopolitical relationship drama" and "let's spend a year showing off the future where everyone has kids and nothing of interest happens because the writer forgot that plots require conflict". Then that writer got canned, ironically right around the time Sega was busy releasing Sonic '06, and Our Lord and Savior Ian Flynn was brought in and promptly spent the next two years cleaning up the last guy's mess. Ian's an ascended fan (as is most of the art staff these days), and while he's not without his own foibles, he understands what makes the series tick and what makes for good storytelling in general. It also helps that he revels in dredging up stuff like the Battle Bird Armada and the scrapped band from Sonic 1's sound test as opposed to inventing loads of new faces.

These days the comic is the fun and engaging series described earlier, where the setting occasionally hits up places from the games and even Shadow and Silver are genuinely good characters. No, seriously. That's why the Sonic Universe spinoff book even exists. All the shitty friends that everyone hates in the games got their own book where Sonic barely even shows up because they're written well enough to carry it on their own.

But isn't it still based on the old cartoon with freedom fighters and stuff?

Sort of. At this point it's an amalgam of characters, ideas, and locations from the cartoon, the stuff worth salvaging from prior years of the comic, and just about anyone and anything you can think of from the games. It's weird, but it works.

And for the purpose of Worlds Collide, it doesn't matter, because the crossover features game characters only. You don't have to care what a Mobotropolis is or why the creepy chimera wizard-king is evil (It makes sense in context).​

The Blue Bomber

- Similar to the Sonic banner; Wily in his bathrobe and Flash Man wanting hair are musts

"Another quote specifically about Mega Man"

There's a Mega Man comic?

There is! It's only got two years behind it compared to Sonic's twenty, but it's the only place where the franchise is still alive with its dignity intact. Ian Flynn pulls writing duties here as well, and consequently the series has a lot in common with his work on Sonic with regards to tone and humor. Unlike Sonic, Mega Man is religiously devoted to the games as source material. That isn't to say that it's a slave to the numbered titles; Ian happily pulls in characters from Battle & Chase and Rockman Gold Empire while adapting elements of Super Adventure Rockman in the background. But the original characters and concepts introduced thus far supplement the games rather than supplanting them.

After a breakneck first year that tore through MM1, Powered Up, and MM2 in succession, the series has since slowed down and started really digging into the characters and narrative that start cropping up around MM3. It's spent the second year casually juggling heartrending tales (Proto Man's tragic origins) with goofy side stories (the budding rivalry between Guts Man and Concrete Man) and high action (a terrorist attack at a robotics convention), all while slowly building a serious conversation about the role of advanced robotics in society. Really, truly excellent stuff.

It's strictly a Classic series so far, but the creative staff have repeatedly said they'd love to take on some of the other subseries if there's enough fan support.​

"Another quote about the crazy stuff planned for the crossover"

And so we come back to the main event, a four-month crossover extravaganza from April to August that spans Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man. Sonic's about to meet a whole bunch of robots he can't just bop, Drs. Wily and Robotnik are about to discover the joy of having a B.F.F., and somehow the first two are going to have to get along long enough to deal with the machinations of the latter two before both worlds fall to their robot army. SonicGAF's been looking forward to it for months, as has MegaGAF (disclaimer: MegaGAF is mostly comprised of SonicGAF), and we hope you'll be along for the ride.

The schedule is as follows (all dates represent comic shop availability):​

Prologue:

Part 0 - Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2013 (May 4th; contains pages from Sonic #247 & Mega Man #23, though neither issue has much to do with the crossover.)​

Act One: Kindred Spirits:

Part 1 - Mega Man #24 - April 10th
Part 2 - Sonic Universe #51 - April 17th
Part 3 - Sonic the Hedgehog #248 - May 1st
Part 4 - Mega Man #25 - May 8th​

Arc Two: Into the Warzone

Part 5 - Sonic Universe #52 - May 15th
Part 6 - Sonic the Hedgehog #249 - May 29th
Part 7 - Mega Man #26 - June 12th
Part 8 - Sonic Universe #53 - June 19th​

Arc Three: Chaos Clash

Part 9 - Sonic the Hedgehog #250 - July 3rd
Part 10 - Mega Man #27 - July 10th
Part 11 - Sonic Universe #54 - July XXth
Part 12 - Sonic the Hedgehog #251 - August XXth​

The crossover arc issues can be purchased digitally from websites such as Comixology, or if you prefer mobile, Archie's own iOS/Android comics app. If you're old enough to remember what print is, hit up your local comic shop or check out any surviving newsstands and major bookstores. If you're after variant covers, comic shops are the way to go.

If you want to catch up on the series in general (ie: not as part of this comic crossover) and be up to date with it, you've also got options:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Back issue availability is a bit scattershot, to say the least. Ian's run begins with #160, but the trade paperback reprints are only up to #82. A more recent reprint line, "Sonic Saga", picks up at #162, but the two available volumes only run through #172. Most everything from #211 on is available digitally, however.
  • Sonic Universe: TPB volumes only cover up to #16 at the moment, but the whole series is available digitally.
  • Mega Man: Issue #1-16 are available across four TPB volumes, with volume 5 due out in May. Again, the whole series is available digitally.

Covers:

Variant Covers:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, shit. Hahaha. I say we go with that. And you guys say I'm the most verbose member of SonicGAF.

Mind if I edit it down a bit, though? Some comma/prose issues here and there.

(I'm studying, I swear. Sheesh.)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
no you aren't

you liaarrrrrr
Ya. I have 4 pages of summary notes down. 3 sets of slides done and over with.

'Sides, editing this is fun and won't take too long because Sciz's style is rather nice.

Oy, Sciz, you know how you list the similarities between the two series? I think it'd be better to put that in actual list code format as opposed to the paragraph you have, just because it's easier to read; going by your capitalization, you seemed to have wanted to start doing that and quit while you were ahead.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
liar liar plants for hire!!

i'm kidding but you know that, good luck on the exams!
Thanks~

It truly is some boring as heck stuff. Lots of machinery specs and chemical crap. At least editing this is kinda fun and won't take up too much time anyway.

Sciz

Well, shit. Hahaha. I say we go with that. And you guys say I'm the most verbose member of SonicGAF.
My natural tendency to be concise clashes terribly with my natural desire to be long-winded. It took me the better part of a year to write thirty-thousand words
of MLP fanfic.

Mind if I edit it down a bit, though? Some comma/prose issues here and there.
Feel free. You wouldn't be the first to tell me I do bad things to commas, and I haven't aggressively reread it to catch glaring structural issues yet.

Oy, Sciz, you know how you list the similarities between the two series? I think it'd be better to put that in actual list code format as opposed to the paragraph you have, just because it's easier to read; going by your capitalization, you seemed to have wanted to start doing that and quit while you were ahead.

Eh, that bit's just out to make a point, not to actually be a comprehensive overview of the parallels. The parenthetical is probably unnecessary.

Tizoc

Well that's a big departure from how I would write an OT haha.
I think Sciz should post the OT/Discussion thread in this case if he's OK with that?

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well that's a big departure from how I would write an OT haha.
I think Sciz should post the OT/Discussion thread in this case if he's OK with that?
It was always your OP. Keep it.

My natural tendency to be concise clashes terribly with my natural desire to be long-winded. It took me the better part of a year to write thirty-thousand words
of MLP fanfic.
I... ok.

Feel free. You wouldn't be the first to tell me I do bad things to commas, and I haven't aggressively reread it to catch glaring structural issues yet.
Lots of things that are commas should've been semi-colons/colons, for example. I'm honestly not changing much. For the most part, it's basically the same as what you posted outside of some flow changes and some modification to punctuation.

But yeah, your comma use is... uh... haha. I tend to abuse the comma as well.

And man, it's so hard to bring myself to not fix your "humor", "color", etc. words.

Eh, that bit's just out to make a point, not to actually be a comprehensive overview of the parallels. The parenthetical is probably unnecessary.
Actually, I think the list format would be neat for people looking to make connections between the two series and to further rationalize why Worlds Collide is essentially a dream come true for fans of both series. It's also a case of easier readability, since, well, not a lot of people read OPs filled with paragraphs, you see.

You and Tizoc are doing the images, yes?

Tizoc

It was always your OP. Keep it.
Thing is if I post the OT, it'd be the stuff I wrote, and you guys helped with editing. I would not be able to have written it in the way Sciz did. So if I make the OT, it'd be in the way I wrote it and would not contain (most of) what Sciz wrote ^_^; No offense to Sciz BTW, his is very well written IMO.

I wish I could write 3000 Word ANYTHING, my English writing skills have deteriorated, and thus I am unable to write stuff that would be more than 100-200 words (even in exams that require 1000 words minimum, mainly as I prefer to write stuff more 'abrdiged' and straight to the point like).

Also nothing wrong with MLP fanfics~
You and Tizoc are doing the images, yes?

I can't photoshop for the life of me, but I'll collect the images I feel good for the thread and confirm with you guys later~

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Thing is if I post the OT, it'd be the stuff I wrote, and you guys helped with editing. I would not be able to have written it in the way Sciz did. So if I make the OT, it'd be in the way I wrote it ^_^; No offense to Sciz BTW, his is very well written I gotta say.
I think the perfect compromise is going to be--and because you wanted to do the OP in the first place so this is only fair--if you take stuff from what you wrote, stuff from what I wrote, stuff from what Sciz wrote, and stuff from Bean and amalgamate them into one singular post.

All of us have something to bring to the table here, so you can go ahead and cut bits and pieces from each post and stack 'em into one thing. If you do that, I, Sciz, or anyone else in the thread can give it a final look-over for proper cohesion and proper syntax/punctuation.

I wish I could write 3000 Word ANYTHING, my English writing skills have deteriorated, and thus I am unable to write stuff that would be more than 100-200 words (even in exams that require 1000 words minimum, mainly as I prefer to write stuff more 'abrdiged' and straight to the point like).

Also nothing wrong with MLP fanfics~
I wrote a thesis longer than that. It was big. Though to be fair, it was about something I genuinely liked, and I enjoyed collecting my data.

Actually, I think a couple of my posts on GAF might have been more than 3000 words... I should check some of my docs to see which posts they are but I'm pretty sure they're SotY/GotY stuff. I had to fight against the 24000 character limit for a few of those posts, so it's most likely those.

My secret: I love to waffle/sugarcoat for the sake of ameliorating my writing tone.

Sciz

wait what

Everyone's a critic.

Probably the nerdiest thing I'll ever do, but I'm fairly proud of it all the same, if only because it's by far the largest creative work I've ever seen to completion. If nothing else, I now have a deep-rooted appreciation for the hard work that goes into quality writing and a deep-rooted jealousy of those lucky few who can write both well and quickly.

Lots of things that are commas should've been semi-colons/colons, for example. I'm honestly not changing much. For the most part, it's basically the same as what you posted outside of some flow changes and some modification to punctuation.

I dabble in the odd colon here and there, but they're disruptive to the conversational tone I like to take with my OPs (which is also why I invariably have fake Q&A).

And man, it's so hard to bring myself to not fix your "humor", "color", etc. words.

Cast off superfluous u's, cast off the shackles of the French.

Thing is if I post the OT, it'd be the stuff I wrote, and you guys helped with editing. I would not be able to have written it in the way Sciz did. So if I make the OT, it'd be in the way I wrote it and would not contain (most of) what Sciz wrote ^_^; No offense to Sciz BTW, his is very well written IMO.

I certainly didn't set out to hijack the OP, but it struck me as having a lot of voids to fill and one thing led to another (specifically, procrastinating with regards to studying for this physics midterm). We've already got most of the covers and release dates so I certainly don't object to being its caretaker, if you don't mind.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Tizoc and Sciz said they'd be digging up images anyway, but I've added the covers and variant covers, regardless. Tizoc also said he'd be adding in Bean's preview pages stuff as well.

Oh, we're not doing this anymore? Sheesh. It's really up to you guys in the end. I'll be blunt. I'm kinda disappointed with how this ended up turning out just because I think it's a little unfair. In the end, we should've divvied up portions of the OP and put it together like we did for the Sonic thread. Oh well. Again, it's really up to you guys. I'll just edit whatever.

Regardless.

I also found the Worlds Collide banner. However, does anyone have a higher-res of that? I haven't been able to find one at all.

We also have the teaser images if anyone feels it's appropriate:

If anyone can fix the Worlds Collide double-cover smaller images to make 'em size up with the 131x200 images of the other ones, that'd be great. The idea is to click on the image to get a bigger version of it like kayos and I did for the Tales of Graces f OP.

--------------------

Title:
"Worlds Collide" |OT| Sonic X Mega Man on the printed page
Sonic and Mega Man "Worlds Collide" Comic |OT| Blue Blur meets Blue Bomber
etc., make more suggestions

- Find an appropriate promotional splash pages; Archie's got some nice ones, but the resolution is crap

Introduction:

"Relevant quote from Ian or Paul"

“Worlds Collide” is a 12-part comic book crossover event between Archie’s Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man comic series.

Okay, for those of you still with us, this is really exciting, and I say that without a trace of sarcasm. Fans have drawn parallels between the two series for years:
  • Both feature evil roboticists trying to take over the world
  • Both have similarly clichéd supporting casts (the loyal canine companion, the dark double, the sometimes friendly rival, the requisite supportive girl)
  • Both have a legacy of great music and wildly variable quality
  • The heroes both share some color of the spectrum or something
  • In recent years, they also both have series coming out of Archie Comics, the independent publisher that just won't die.

But that'd all be so much cruft if the comics were rubbish. No, what makes this exciting is that it represents a crossover between not just the two franchises, but between three of the best comic books running today (Sonic has two). They're nonstop character-driven fun, full of color and lighthearted comedy even as they weave in action and drama. And like all great kid-friendly media, they're littered with gags for the older fans while never talking down to the actual target audience. Being sourced from beloved video game franchises just makes them that much better.

Here's the rundown on what you're getting into:​

The Blue Blur

- Grab representative panels from several issues, StH logo top-center, SU logo bottom-center

"Another quote specifically about Sonic"

Nope. I distinctly remember the Sonic comic being as bad as the games. Worse.

And there was a time when you were dead right, when the series' standards let plots through like "Sonic goes to high school, no really", "Knuckles' extended family goes through vaguely sociopolitical relationship drama", and "let's spend a year showing off the future where everyone has kids and nothing of interest happens because the writer forgot that plots require conflict". Then that writer got canned, ironically right around the time Sega was busy releasing Sonic '06; and Our Lord and Savior Ian Flynn was brought in and promptly spent the next two years cleaning up the last guy's mess. Ian's an ascended fan (as is most of the art staff these days), and while he's not without his own foibles, he understands what makes the series tick and what makes for good storytelling in general. It also helps that he revels in dredging up stuff like the Battle Bird Armada and the scrapped band from Sonic 1's sound test as opposed to inventing loads of new faces.

These days the comic is the fun and engaging series described earlier, where the setting occasionally hits up places from the games and even Shadow and Silver are genuinely good characters. No, seriously. That's why the Sonic Universe spinoff book even exists. All the shitty friends that everyone hates in the games got their own book where Sonic barely even shows up because they're written well enough to carry it on their own.

But isn't it still based on the old cartoon with Freedom Fighters and stuff?

Sort of. At this point it's an amalgam of characters, ideas, and locations from the cartoon, the stuff worth salvaging from prior years of the comic, and just about anyone and anything you can think of from the games. It's weird, but it works.

For the purpose of Worlds Collide, it doesn't matter, because the crossover features game characters only. You don't have to care what a “Mobotropolis” is or why the creepy chimera wizard-king is evil (It makes sense in context).​

The Blue Bomber

- Similar to the Sonic banner; Wily in his bathrobe and Flash Man wanting hair are musts

"Another quote specifically about Mega Man"

There's a Mega Man comic?

There is! It's only got two years behind it compared to Sonic's twenty, but it's the only place where the franchise is still alive with its dignity intact. Ian Flynn pulls writing duties here as well, and consequently the series has a lot in common with his work on Sonic with respect to tone and humor. Unlike Sonic, though, Mega Man is religiously devoted to the games as source material. That isn't to say that it's a slave to the numbered titles; Ian happily pulls in characters from Battle & Chase and Rockman Gold Empire while adapting elements of Super Adventure Rockman in the background. But the original characters and concepts introduced thus far supplement the games rather than supplanting them.

After a breakneck first year that tore through Mega Man 1, Powered Up, and Mega Man 2 in succession, the series has since slowed down and started really digging into the characters and narrative that begin to crop up around Mega Man 3. It's spent the second year casually juggling heartrending tales (Proto Man's tragic origins) with goofy side stories (the budding rivalry between Guts Man and Concrete Man) and high action (a terrorist attack at a robotics convention); all while slowly building a serious conversation about the role of advanced robotics and artificial intelligence in society. It’s really truly excellent stuff.

It's strictly a Classic series affair so far, but the creative staff have repeatedly said they'd love to take on some of the other subseries if there's enough fan support.​

"Another quote about the crazy stuff planned for the crossover"

And so we return to the main event: a four-month crossover extravaganza from April to August that spans across Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man. Sonic's about to meet a whole bunch of robots he can't just bop, Drs. Wily and Robotnik are about to discover the joy of having a B.F.F., and somehow our azure heroes are going to have to get along long enough to deal with the machinations of the newly-minted Evil Friends Forever before both worlds fall to their robot army.

SonicGAF's been looking forward to it for months, as has MegaGAF (disclaimer: MegaGAF is mostly comprised of SonicGAF), and we hope you'll be along for the ride.

The schedule is as follows (all dates represent comic shop availability):​

Prologue:

Part 0 - Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2013 (May 4th; contains pages from Sonic #247 & Mega Man #23, though neither issue has much to do with the crossover.)​

Act One: Kindred Spirits:

Part 1 - Mega Man #24 - April 10th
Part 2 - Sonic Universe #51 - April 17th
Part 3 - Sonic the Hedgehog #248 - May 1st
Part 4 - Mega Man #25 - May 8th​

Arc Two: Into the Warzone

Part 5 - Sonic Universe #52 - May 15th
Part 6 - Sonic the Hedgehog #249 - May 29th
Part 7 - Mega Man #26 - June 12th
Part 8 - Sonic Universe #53 - June 19th​

Arc Three: Chaos Clash

Part 9 - Sonic the Hedgehog #250 - July 3rd
Part 10 - Mega Man #27 - July 10th
Part 11 - Sonic Universe #54 - July XXth
Part 12 - Sonic the Hedgehog #251 - August XXth​

The crossover arc issues can be purchased digitally from websites such as Comixology, or if you prefer mobile, Archie's own iOS/Android comics app. If you're old enough to remember what print is, hit up your local comic shop or check out any surviving newsstands and major bookstores. If you're after variant covers, comic shops are the way to go.

If you want to catch up on the series in general (ie: not as part of this comic crossover) and be up to date with it, you've also got options:
  • Sonic the Hedgehog: Back issue availability is a bit scattershot, to say the least. Ian's run begins with #160, but the trade paperback reprints are only up to #82. A more recent reprint line, "Sonic Saga", picks up at #162, but the two available volumes only run through #172. Most everything from #211 on is available digitally, however.
  • Sonic Universe: TPB volumes only cover up to #16 at the moment, but the whole series is available digitally.
  • Mega Man: Issue #1-16 are available across four TPB volumes, with volume 5 due out in May. Again, the whole series is available digitally.

Covers:

Variant Covers:

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well, like I said, it's up to you boys. Talk it out. I'll edit the final product if need-be since this is my final midterm of the semester before finals.

Cast off superfluous u's, cast off the shackles of the French.
Never! I'll spell colours, honour, and humour the way I want to!

(specifically, procrastinating with regards to studying for this physics midterm).
I'm totally procrastinating on my biochem midterm but I don't caaaaarrrrre (I care).

I listened to Mega Man 8's stage select theme on repeat for that entire thing and I'm ready to move onto somethin' else.

Sciz

In the end, we should've divvied up portions of the OP and put it together like we did for the Sonic thread. Oh well.

The bones of the original text are still there, albeit thoroughly mixed up and seasoned.

I also found the Worlds Collide banner. However, does anyone have a higher-res of that? I haven't been able to find one at all.

That's the one I'm griping about in the notes. I might go PM Kaminski or Dubs over on Bumbleking and see if there's a decent version sitting around.

Thanks for tracking down all the covers, though, that's tedious work. I'll get the double spreads sorted tomorrow.

Tizoc

I like Blaze's design and outfit...actually I think there should be a future Sonic Universe arc starring Blaze.

EDIT: For my future reference-
Megaman #3
Megaman #5
Megaman #9
Megaman #10
Megaman #11
Megaman #17
Megaman #19

Village

Yeah because if there's one thing racing transformed was lacking in, it was sonic characters.

Yes, they needed one more, especially when someone thought it would be a wonderful idea to put big the effing cat in the last one.

actually the 3 main people i want as dlc are ladies.

blaze
miku
bayonetta

I like Blaze's design and outfit...actually I think there should be a future Sonic Universe arc starring Blaze.

EDIT: For my future reference-
Megaman #3

I want more sonic universes with her and shadow, the dynamic is interesting, and it always ends up funny.

I also want more tails stories. I would say knuckles...but... you know why.

I'm back, baby. What'd I miss?
Yaay

I was worried that duckroll was ignoring the issue when he never PM'd me back. Guess it worked out in the end!

I was gonna suggest "befriends", but with "Crossover" in the title, I can only type in "befrie". :<

Changing "Sonic and Mega Man" to "Sonic X Mega Man" lets me get up to "befriend"... I suppose we could say "Megaman", although I always liked it as two words.

Oh, I know! "Bolsters"!

qq more

Yes, they needed one more, especially when someone thought it would be a wonderful idea to put big the effing cat in the last one.

actually the 3 main people i want as dlc are ladies.

blaze
miku
bayonetta

I have nothing against Blaze (she's a decent character, which says a lot because I don't like 90% of the post-genesis era characters) but I do feel that they have more than enough Sonic characters in that game. There's already 7 Sonic characters while every other Sega franchise has 1 or 2 characters. I think it would be far more fair if they put focus on under represented franchises like Shenmue and whatnot. (Ryo was in the first one, odd he's not in the sequel). I won't be annoyed or anything if Blaze is added in the roster but I just prefer Sega giving more attention to other deserved franchises.

Bayonetta is a good choice though since she's owned by Sega and has a fanbase. Miku on the other hand... I don't think we need another non-Sega character, I think we have more than enough of that but that's just me.

What does the Spanish (Portuguese?) word 'Rapido' mean in English?[/url]
In Spanish, "fast".
In Latin, "rapid".
In Italian,
  1. quick
  2. rapid
  3. fast
  4. swift
  5. speedy
  6. express
  7. expeditious
  8. cursory
  9. hasty
  10. smart
  11. sweeping
  12. flying
In Portuguese, it's not a word, evidently.

Village

I have nothing against Blaze (she's a decent character, which says a lot because I don't like 90% of the post-genesis era characters) but I do feel that they have more than enough Sonic characters in that game. There's already 7 Sonic characters while every other Sega franchise has 1 or 2 characters. I think it would be far more fair if they put focus on under represented franchises like Shenmue and whatnot. (Ryo was in the first one, odd he's not in the sequel). I won't be annoyed or anything if Blaze is added in the roster but I just prefer Sega giving more attention to other deserved franchises.

Bayonetta is a good choice though since she's owned by Sega and has a fanbase. Miku on the other hand... I don't think we need another non-Sega character, I think we have more than enough of that but that's just me.

Sega.. owns miku.. and publishes her games...( well sega owns the company that owns miku, but my point is still there )

Also Its sega, also Sonic is in the top billing of the title, i would suggest more sonic characters.

Admittedly I don't speak any Romance languages, but going by similar-looking English words (which I almost mangled into "Enlighs" somehow) and what little I know of foreign languages, probably something like "the fast blue".

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Well. I think my body reached its limit this morning, lol. I feel all sick now. I'll get better by the end of the day, but oy. A fortnight is too much and I'm not that young anymore, evidently.

Hope y'all get the OT thing settled.

In Portuguese, it's not a word, evidently.
Yes it is. He just didn't add the accent to it.

Rápido.

Aha so what would El Rapido Azule translate to as an English sentence? (apologies for any typos)
Rápido - adjective - fast
Rápido - adverb - doing something with speed

Because Portuguese is a Romance language, there are a lot of words that look similar to it in English (because of the Norman Conquest with the French, etc.). Rápido looks similar to "rapid"/"rapidly" in English, so it'd make sense.

So... (Portuguese is one of those Romance languages I picked things up from being a lot of Portuguese people a lot but I don't know the language construction myself, but it seems awfully similar to Latin) = the fast blue, if we were going to translate literally. I'd go with "The Quick Blue" or the "The Speedy Blue", since that's obviously being used in the adjectival sense.

qq more

Sega.. owns miku.. and publishes her games...( well sega owns the company that owns miku, but my point is still there )

Sega just has the license to make her games. They don't own Vocaloid.

Also Its sega, also Sonic is in the top billing of the title, i would suggest more sonic characters.
As long as they introduce along side more non-Sonic Sega characters then I'm fine with it.

Your body wasn't ready

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Village

Sega just has the license to make her games. They don't own Vocaloid.

As long as they introduce along side more non-Sonic Sega characters then I'm fine with it.

¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

fine,
i would also want cream and vanilla in one car
choatix in one car

and one more i am afraid to mention.

There are no Sonic characters not included in ASR Transformed that would have been a big selling point had they been included.

That said, I would play as Vector or Mighty constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom