• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Runner2 is good stuff, yo. Not stupid ass hard like the first one was, but it's challenging and engaging like few other games. Play it on Rather Hard, go for all the Gold, have fun.

Runner2 is good stuff, yo. Not stupid ass hard like the first one was, but it's challenging and engaging like few other games. Play it on Rather Hard, go for all the Gold, have fun.

I want to believe this, it looks nice but I can't forgive that turd of a UFO dropping crystal patterns right in front of my face requiring split second reactions or else you repeat the previous 3 minutes all over again, and again, and again. To think that was but the first world.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Here's the draft I wrote for the disccusion thread, let me know what other stuff I need to add or correct:
Editing as we speak. I want to know what Sciz has to add to it, though, because I'm adding a few things as well. I fixed grammar, punctuation, some style, and some formatting already. I also added in some tags. I also added that the Mega Man comics included some nods to Super Adventure Rockman.

Overall, good idea to put the disclaimer in there considering how the announcement thread went. I think it's pretty decent so far. Just fixed some of the formatting, spacing, style, morphology, etc. Might either PM or post some stuff here when I'm done. I had to fix the FCBD thing, though, because some people mightn't know what Free Comic Book Day is, so I extended it instead of leaving it as an acronym.

Are you planning on putting in the cover pictures for most of the issues? Including the variants?

Hey you know the funny thing? The European release of Persona 4 Arena is only in English. They said they aren't translating it into any other European languages to speed up the release.

Yo put me down as Pandemona I guess because aero is the wind spell in Final Fantasy. Also because Pandemonium on the PS1 was fucking awesome.
WTF. That's stupid. Should've just released it in the west simultaneously, unless they're fixing stuff like "realize"/"realise", etc. Silly.

And this is you.

Well I guess i'm prepared, i've got my Kojima Productions badge, a flippin' MGR balloon and the oversized MGR shirt that would make me look like a walking billboard, and now after hitting the sweet spot of price dropping goodness I can finally get my one man Rising party underway.

I'm actually trying to keep my expectations low because you guys have hyped this up to biblical proportions, you know like pure second coming levels of salvation and all that.
Hahaha, don't feel hyped up too much. But it's awwwwwweeeesommmmmme.

The soundtrack, at least. ;)

Neat. Will listen to it as I'm working on some stuff.

JC can be Carbuncle.

Rinoa = Rinoia
Angelo = Bean
Griever = Gravijah
Quetz = TheOGB
Shiva =
Ifrit = Sega1991
Siren = qq more
Brothers = HotColdmen
Diablos = Diablowl
Carbuncle = VJCarbuncle
Leviathan = Quackula
Pandemona = OMG Aero
Cerberus = Tizoc
Alexander = Meccanical
Doomtrain = Emitrain
Bahamut = S.Force
Cactuar = BlackJace
Tonberry = kayos90
Eden = Schala

owl

when have I ever lied to you
I once felt that your opinion on SMW by comparison to SMB3 was a filthy lie yet curse your wretched tongue, some of what you said rang true as I'd discover when replaying it last year, i've never been able to decide on a favourite 2D Mario ever since.
Your truth broke me.

Hahaha, don't feel hyped up too much. But it's awwwwwweeeesommmmmme.

The soundtrack, at least. ;)
Well I just beat Mistral and, well it's fun, yes that thing, fun.
Raiden needs to make up his mind whether he wants to talk normally or stick with that occasionally cropping up Bale Batman style gravely voice thing he has going.

I like the S2HD music. Hill Top Zone still sucks though
It's like the best remix there, ya'll just hill top haters.
Meanwhile Mystic Cave comes with 50% more Scooby Doo in a carnival vibe, it's Foul Play in Funland Zone

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I had totally meant to post this:

@Tizoc, I had help with coming up with ideas for some parts of it, so if you’re going to credit people, I’d politely ask that you credit Bean as well.

I might add some stuff in later.

Busier than I thought I would be today, haven't gotten to it yet. Post or PM whatever you end up with and I'll run with it from there.
Yeah, run with it. Here ya go.

----

Disclaimer: Please do not post comments such as “Mega Man: Cancelled”, “I never asked for this”, etc. If you have no interest in reading this crossover series, please don’t bother posting.

Introduction:

“Worlds Collide” is a 12-part comic book crossover event between Archie’s Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man comic book series. According to Archie editor Paul Kaminski, Sega and Capcom signed off on the crossover event prior to 2011’s New York Comic Con. It was only natural that the Blue Bomber and the Blue Blur would meet in one lengthy and exciting crossover.

The entire story arc will take place across 3 comic book series: Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe and Mega Man. It will span 4 months from April until August with a total of 12-13 issues, and will be written primarily by Ian Flynn, the main writer for all 3 comic series. It will also feature cover art by Patrick “Spaz” Spaziante, longtime artist for the Sonic comic book series and for the earlier Mega Man issues.

The schedule is as follows:

Prologue:

Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 0 - Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2013

(The Free Comic Book Day 2013 issue from Archie will contain pages from Sonic 247 & Megaman 23, and counts as issue #0, though it may not be necessary to read.)​

Act One: Kindred Spirits:
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 1 - Mega Man Issue 24
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 2 - Sonic Universe Issue 51
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 3 - Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 248
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 4 - Mega Man Issue 25​

Arc Two: Into the Warzone

Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 5 - Sonic Universe Issue 52
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 6 - Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 249
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 7 - Mega Man Issue 26
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 8 - Sonic Universe Issue 53​

Arc Three: Chaos Clash

Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 9 - Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 250
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 10 - Mega Man Issue 27
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 11 - Sonic Universe Issue 54
Sonic & Mega Man: Worlds Collide Part 12 - Sonic the Hedgehog Issue 251​

The crossover arc issues can be purchased either digitally from websites such as comixology, or you may purchase them from their Local Comic Shop.

If you want to catch up on the series in general (ie: not as part of this comic crossover) and be up to date with it, here’s the essential reading order:
  • Sonic series: Start with Sonic the Hedgehog #160, then begin reading the Sonic Universe issues when the main book mentions it.
  • Mega Man series: Volumes 1-4 are now available in TPB format and comprise of the events that take place from Mega Man 1, Powered-Up!, Super Adventure Rockman, and Mega Man 2. Prior to the crossover arc, the comics began to foreshadow events for Mega Man 3.

Both series are available digitally or by purchasing from local retailers.

A few things to keep in mind when trying to read the Sonic comic: This series has featured many characters and settings (ex: Mobius, Knothole, Robotropolis, etc) introduced exclusively in the comic, and to newcomers reading it they will notice it referencing events and stories from past issues. I strongly suggest not worrying about them since they, for the most part, don’t get brought up again. Just focus on the current story and characters, and you’ll end up not caring for past events too much. The writing since issue #160 has become much stronger and the narrative and subplots have become more engaging to readers.

The Mega Man comic is a must read for anyone who has ever enjoyed the main Mega Man series, as it is a wonderful adaptation of many of the games. It also makes references to real issues in terms of modern robotics while still making some pop culture references. Besides the intelligent and well-researched writing, the artwork for all of the arcs can be considered a major asset. Archie typically rotates their artists for different arcs in order to allow multiple artists to improve and adapt their skills throughout the story arc. Some may view this as an inconsistency, but overall, it keeps the art fresh, and it’s interesting to see different people’s takes on Mega Man’s art while sticking to specifications in terms of proportions and inks. Anyone who’s a fan of Mega Man for its narrative arcs, the video games, or the art should strongly consider giving the comic series a chance.​

Cover art from certain issues:

(And I’m guessing this is all cover arts, right?)

I'd probably mention that the setting for the comics is totally different, too. I mean, Sonic Generations didn't feature no dang Mobius or nuttin'. I'd bring up Knothole, Robotropolis and so on, but I'm pretty sure the former was destroyed by Eggman and the latter nuked, so I have no friggin' clue what the setting is anymore.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'd probably mention that the setting for the comics is totally different, too. I mean, Sonic Generations didn't feature no dang Mobius or nuttin'. I'd bring up Knothole, Robotropolis and so on, but I'm pretty sure the former was destroyed by Eggman and the latter nuked, so I have no friggin' clue what the setting is anymore.
Yeah, I wasn't sure what to say about that either (how the plot setting is in disarray). I was sure Sciz would take care of it since he knows the Sonic comics far better than I do.

Sciz

The present hub of operations is New Mobotropolis, a hijacked city of nanomachines that Eggman lost to a rogue AI. The AI got itself killed, prompting Nicole to move in and reshape it into paradise.
They have since discovered that there are downsides to being surrounded by AI-controlled nanites.

This was probably what qq more tested wasn't it

(Well, okay, it was pretty damn obvious, but still)

The present hub of operations is New Mobitropolis, a hijacked city of nanomachines that Eggman lost to a rogue AI. The AI got itself killed, prompting Nicole to move in and reshape it into paradise.
They have since discovered that there are downsides to being surrounded by AI-controlled nanites.
They should've consulted Solid Snake before surrounding themselves with nanomachines nanomachines nanomachines nanomachines

People asking for Eggmanland?

That's like those dudes who was asking for the final Xen levels in Half-Life 1's remake/mod, Black Mesa. Ya'll really want more confusing first-person platforming puzzles!?

as much as I appreciated a challenge, the execution and length it took to complete it (without glitching) made me not want to play Eggmanland after I went through it...twice(not counting the Wii version).

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
i never got far in unleashed so i have no idea how bad eggmanland is
I thought the music was really good.

Eggmanland Day
Eggmanland Night

I absolutely love the instrumentation in there. From the synth to the heavy beats, to the bass, to the piano bits. It's nicely put together, and I really liked how each theme was used in-game. Load times are a shame because I would've been interested in the BGMs being seamless.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Fuck, I want to go back to Unleashed now. Hahahaha.

But then I remember... I have hot dog missions to finish off. And I don't wanna finish those off. :/

---------------------------

EDIT: Happy Anniversary FF5! Hope you enjoy a shitty new aesthetic!

-_-

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I don't remember, it's been nearly 3 years since I've played the game. I've been meaning to go back to it.
Aw, that's a shame. Maybe it was a medal hunting thing.

Is Square ever planning to go back to the 3D remakes they were doing on the DS? I'd be interested in seeing 5 and 6 on 3DS.
Like they care about FF5 that much.

They released another version of FF4 for FF5's anniversary a few months ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom