• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sonic the Hedgehog Community |OT2 Battle|

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've never actually played VJ2. But I love the first one, and I heard the sequel wasn't as good? So it might as well not be a thing to me.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Okay, I got a ton of votes for X4, so MMX4 is getting played tonight. I'll also make a post in the monthly gaming challenge thread.

Thanks, guys!

qq more – X4
Bean – X4
Professor Beef – X4
Hot Coldman – DmC
Nocturnowl – Asura’s Wrath X4
Tizoc – X4
OMG Aero – Asura’s Wrath.
Seven Force – X4

Probably missed some people, but X4 had such an overwhelming lead...

I don't care who they are, strap on them glasses!
But... but... D:

People get tired of Final Fantasy? Why I never!

It's one of the few FF games she tolerates so I know not to ask there.
I like more FF games than you realize. Even some of the ones that people typically complain about.

And yes, I truly think I got burned out by those playthroughs. I don't really feel like touching an FF game for a while.

When I asked a few people about the Neptunia series before, everyone always tells me the games are bad but they play it for other "reasons".

Although I was curious to see if they have any decent gameplay, I would never play one to begin with so I'm not overly curious.
When I played Neptunia 1, I really disliked the narrative, the characters, the voice acting, the "humour", etc. The game itself is really boring and terrible, so I stopped playing it because there wasn't anything keeping me around at all.

Neptunia mk2 is still embarrassing in terms of narrative features, fanservice, and characterization. I don't like the humour, I don't like the characters, I don't like the narrative, I don't like the music, I don't like the art very much, etc. But the game is oddly fun to play; it's solid. Character positioning matters, attacks depend on weapon length (so it's like Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits in some cases), you can't just brute-force enemies but you have to take out their armour before you hack away at them (and it's much easier in this game to do than it was in Neptunia 1, I feel), you can finally heal allies yourself (in Neptunia 1, you couldn't), the game industry share system is much easier to handle and it's much easier to manipulate compared to the first game's, and the enemy design still makes me chuckle.

The Inafune weapon is kinda funny the first time you see it, and it's ridiculously strong.

Otherwise, Koko, I really don't think you'd like them anyhow because of how fanservicey they can get. If I got embarrassed while playing some of it and ended up skipping through all of the cutscenes, dialogue, spoken dialogue, etc. then yeah, I doubt you'd like it.

I honestly just skip all the dialogue and cutscenes because I really don't give a shit about them. I can't stand it, personally.

QQ secretly plays visual novels and hentai games confirmed.

I like more FF games than you realize. Even some of the ones that people typically complain about.

And yes, I truly think I got burned out by those playthroughs. I don't really feel like touching an FF game for a while.

I'm sure you do but I'm the unapologetic FF fan in this thread. And I was just giving you a hard time.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I think it would be best if we included all of the covers that we've seen so far for the crossover thread. *still editing while playing X4*

You guys can suggest OT titles or vote on the ones that Shadow Hog or qq came up with.

He has a huge anime dvd collection, and it's all harem shows and magic/alien/robot girlfriend stuff. He's also got lots of pvc figures and body pillows.
I knew it.

tiggerkiddo said:
I'm sure you do but I'm the unapologetic FF fan in this thread. And I was just giving you a hard time.
Tsk.

Tenshi Muyo GXP is the best harem. Truth.

...was that the one where he went to space?

I loved that show (the normal Tenshi Muyo) but I was waaaay too young to be watching it. Why was that on at 4:30 in the afternoon? It's not explicit or anything but the themes are obviously... well, he has a fucking harem!

BlackJace

...was that the one where he went to space?

I loved that show (the normal Tenshi Muyo) but I was waaaay too young to be watching it. Why was that on at 4:30 in the afternoon? It's not explicit or anything but the themes are obviously... well, he has a fucking harem!

Lol yes he goes into space in GXP.

Village

Tenchi is one of the few harem shows that I actually like. I can't even make it through most of them usually, Love Hina seriously got on my nerves.

This is me watching Love Hina, or any harem anime.

"j...just have sex, I know you want to do it, just end all this. I don't even wanna see it, I... I just want the plot to progress"

Azumanga Daioh is the best harem anime
LjFw6Pn.png

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
so guys

knuckles rap

discuss
That's some good stuff and I wonder if we're going to get a new Knuckles rap in the next Sonic game.

Also, I posted some cool shit about X4 before I complete it.

I've decided to play something else for this thread. And it is the game I had intended to play!

Mega Man X4 is one of my favourite games of the forever.

Or at least it was when I was younger. I ended up rebuying a copy of it this week and it came to me today, which means I get to play it today. Because it is good, and the soundtrack's great. It's not often that I get to fangirl over a game, so let me have my time to do so.

Mega Man X4 is my favourite X game and it's where I think the X series truly peaked. I love how it stuck to sprites over the system leap, and I loved the animations. The backgrounds and foregrounds are absolutely beautiful. The game sticks to "beauty in simplicity" and doesn't try many things that are too elaborate in favour of trying to take advantage of the capabilities of newer hardware. To some that might be considered a flaw, but I like my games simple.

The levels are nicely designed as well, despite having that 2-area division that bugged me a lot in MM8. I think I liked the pacing and variety a lot. The bosses aren't perfect and they are kind of easy even with just the buster or the sword.

Zero finally becomes a fully-playable character. While this marks the beginning of where the series started being about Zero as opposed to X, I loved the idea of finally getting a shot to play as Zero because he uses some close-range combat skills rather than a buster. To that end, both characters were markedly different to play, and offered a variety of skills to the player to facilitate how the player felt when choosing either character for a playthrough. Some like long-range charge / learn different skills combat, while others like short-ranged combat / learn technique combat. Being able to play as Zero was refreshing.

I generally like my games to be quick and difficult, and X4... isn't really that difficult. In the past, I could've done no-hit runs with little issue. That's a bit of a flaw, I guess. I don't like the voice acting too much (shit, that goes without saying), but everything else about it is fantastic.

Also, the music is fucking awesome, but that goes without saying considering the series.

Let's see if I still think as positively as I begin this playthrough.

Man, I hope I still like MMX4 and still think of it as my favourite X game.

This will be my litmus test with respect to answering whether or not I still like video games. :V

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
My tomatoes got confiscated. :(
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. (Really?)

Editing notes:

I fixed some of the spelling/capitalization in the image quotes that Tizoc had. If you want the code and stuff straight-up, just tell me and I’ll PM it over.

I think it would be better to add all of the covers and variants since they made all of us drool. Not just a fraction. I think it’s better this way. Also, you can click on the covers to get larger versions of them! That's what took me so long the other night. I was resizing and uploading.

Sciz said he was making the banners so wait for him. He also said he’d think about resizing the double-spread covers to fix with the 131x200 covers. Once Sciz posts the banners, I'll give it a final look-over for code, proper spacing, and decent formatting. I assume that the first image is a WIP sorta thing, because I think Sciz wanted to use something else.

I genuinely dislike leaving links raw like that (it looks unprofessional, imo) so I ended up embedding the preview pages from Bean in a picture, and in text. Lemme know if you just want me to leave it as a raw link because I… well, it’s my personal pet peeve.

Edits as per April 4th.

Edited image sizes. Small formatting code changes. Sciz, you're free to hit me up.

-----

worldscollide_banner_3zqx0.png

Presented by Sciz, Tizoc, Dark Schala & Bean

Introduction:

“Worlds Collide” is a 12-part comic book crossover event between Archie’s Sonic the Hedgehog and Mega Man comic series.

Okay, for those of you still with us, this is really exciting, and we say that without a trace of sarcasm. Fans have drawn parallels between the two series for years:

• Both feature evil roboticists trying to take over the world
  • Both have similarly clichéd supporting casts (the loyal canine companion, the dark double, the sometimes friendly rival, the requisite supportive girl)
  • Both have a legacy of great music and wildly variable quality
  • The heroes both share some color of the spectrum or something
  • In recent years, they also both have series coming out of Archie Comics, the independent publisher that just won't die.

But that'd all be so much cruft if the comics were rubbish. No, what makes this exciting is that it represents a crossover between not just the two franchises, but between three of the best comic books running today (Sonic has two). They're nonstop character-driven fun, full of color and lighthearted comedy even as they weave in action and drama. And like all great kid-friendly media, they're littered with gags for the older fans while never talking down to the actual target audience. Being sourced from beloved video game franchises just makes them that much better.

Here's the rundown on what you're getting into:​

The Blue Blur

worldscollide_sonic_bkuym0.png

Nope. I distinctly remember the Sonic comic being as bad as the games. Worse.

And there was a time when you were right, when the series' standards let plots through like "Sonic goes to high school, no really", "Knuckles' extended family goes through vaguely sociopolitical relationship drama", and "let's spend a year showing off the future where everyone has kids and nothing of interest happens because the writer forgot that plots require conflict". Then that writer got canned, ironically right around the time Sega was busy releasing Sonic '06; and Our Lord and Savior Ian Flynn was brought in and promptly spent the next two years cleaning up the last guy's mess. Ian's an ascended fan (as is most of the art staff these days), and while he's not without his own foibles, he understands what makes the series tick and what makes for good storytelling in general. It also helps that he revels in dredging up stuff like the Battle Bird Armada and the scrapped band from Sonic 1's sound test as opposed to inventing loads of new faces.

These days the comic is the fun and engaging series described earlier, where the setting occasionally hits up places from the games and even Shadow and Silver are genuinely good characters. No, seriously. That's why the Sonic Universe spinoff book even exists. All the other characters that everyone hate in the games got their own book where Sonic barely even shows up because they're written well enough to carry it on their own.

But isn't it still based on the old cartoon with Freedom Fighters and stuff?

Sort of. At this point it's an amalgam of characters, ideas, and locations from the cartoon, the stuff worth salvaging from prior years of the comic, and just about anyone and anything you can think of from the games. It's weird, but it works.

For the purpose of Worlds Collide, it doesn't matter, because the crossover features game characters only. You don't have to care what a “Mobotropolis” is or why the creepy chimera wizard-king is evil (It makes sense in context).​

The Blue Bomber

worldscollide_megamanixab2.png

There's a Mega Man comic?

There is! It's only got two years behind it compared to Sonic's twenty, but it's the only place where the franchise is still alive with its dignity intact. Ian Flynn pulls writing duties here as well, and consequently the series has a lot in common with his work on Sonic with respect to tone and humor. Unlike Sonic, though, Mega Man is religiously devoted to the games as source material. That isn't to say that it's a slave to the numbered titles; Ian happily pulls in characters from Battle & Chase and Rockman Gold Empire while adapting elements of Super Adventure Rockman in the background. But the original characters and concepts introduced thus far supplement the games rather than supplanting them.

After a breakneck first year that tore through Mega Man 1, Powered Up, and Mega Man 2 in succession, the series has since slowed down and started really digging into the characters and narrative that begin to crop up around Mega Man 3. It's spent the second year casually juggling heartrending tales (Proto Man's tragic origins) with goofy side stories (the budding rivalry between Guts Man and Concrete Man) and high action (a terrorist attack at a robotics convention); all while slowly building a serious conversation about the role of advanced robotics and artificial intelligence in society. It’s really truly excellent stuff.

It's strictly a Classic series affair so far, but the creative staff have repeatedly said they'd love to take on some of the other subseries if there's enough fan support.​

...and just to give a taste of what the comic features:

Video previews of each issue of Mega Man released so far (courtesy of Bean) are here. Check them out since they’re edited very well and offer an excellent insight into what the comics are like. Just click the picture! (or click here!)

More specifically, it has (click the pictures for a legible version):

• Nods to the fanbase
  • Bros
  • Woodman being a boss
  • Headshots
  • Hyadain
  • Scientific Mysteries
  • Green Biker Dude’s backstory

Now Finally, Worlds Collide

And so we return to the main event: a four-month crossover extravaganza from April to August that spans across Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Universe, and Mega Man. Sonic's about to meet a whole bunch of robots he can't just bop, Drs. Wily and Eggman are about to discover the joy of having a B.F.F., and somehow our azure heroes are going to have to get along long enough to deal with the machinations of the newly-minted Evil Friends Forever before both worlds fall to their robot army.

SonicGAF's been looking forward to it for months, as has MegaGAF (disclaimer: MegaGAF is mostly comprised of SonicGAF), and we hope you'll be along for the ride.

With Regards to Spoilers: Please use spoiler tags for the issue that is released in its own release week, you may stop using spoiler tags after two weeks have passed and the next part of the story has been released.

The schedule is as follows (all dates represent comic shop availability):​

Prologue:

Part 0 - Sonic/Mega Man Free Comic Book Day 2013 (May 4th; contains pages from Sonic #247 & Mega Man #23, though neither issue has much to do with the crossover.)​

Act One: Kindred Spirits:

• Part 1 - Mega Man #24 - April 10th
  • Part 2 - Sonic Universe #51 - April 17th
  • Part 3 - Sonic the Hedgehog #248 - May 1st
  • Part 4 - Mega Man #25 - May 8th

Arc Two: Into the Warzone

• Part 5 - Sonic Universe #52 - May 15th
  • Part 6 - Sonic the Hedgehog #249 - May 29th
  • Part 7 - Mega Man #26 - June 12th
  • Part 8 - Sonic Universe #53 - June 19th

Arc Three: Chaos Clash

• Part 9 - Sonic the Hedgehog #250 - July 3rd
  • Part 10 - Mega Man #27 - July 10th
  • Part 11 - Sonic Universe #54 - July XXth
  • Part 12 - Sonic the Hedgehog #251 - August XXth

The crossover arc issues can be purchased digitally from websites such as Comixology, or if you prefer mobile, Archie's own iOS/Android comics app. If you're old enough to remember what print is, hit up your local comic shop or check out any surviving newsstands and major bookstores. If you're after variant covers, comic shops are the way to go.

If you want to catch up on the series in general (ie: not as part of this comic crossover) and be up to date with it, you've also got options:

• Sonic the Hedgehog: Back issue availability is a bit scattershot, to say the least. Ian's run begins with #160, but the trade paperback reprints are only up to #82. A more recent reprint line, "Sonic Saga", picks up at #162, but the two available volumes only run through #172. Most everything from #211 on is available digitally, however.
  • Sonic Universe: TPB volumes only cover up to #16 at the moment, but the whole series is available digitally.
  • Mega Man: Issue #1-16 are available across four TPB volumes, with volume 5 due out in May. Again, the whole series is available digitally.

Covers:

Variant Covers:

Kokonoe

Banned
I don't think I could ever pick between X1 and X4, they are just so perfectly good. Well, X4's last boss is crazy, but still, the gameplay before all that is phenomenal, just like X1. Zero's gameplay was the best in X4 and better than any other Mega Man game.

so guys

knuckles rap

discuss

For those who like the genre of rap, they are actually extremely well done and unique.

When I played Neptunia 1, I really disliked the narrative, the characters, the voice acting, the "humour", etc. The game itself is really boring and terrible, so I stopped playing it because there wasn't anything keeping me around at all.

Neptunia mk2 is still embarrassing in terms of narrative features, fanservice, and characterization. I don't like the humour, I don't like the characters, I don't like the narrative, I don't like the music, I don't like the art very much, etc. But the game is oddly fun to play; it's solid. Character positioning matters, attacks depend on weapon length (so it's like Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits in some cases), you can't just brute-force enemies but you have to take out their armour before you hack away at them (and it's much easier in this game to do than it was in Neptunia 1, I feel), you can finally heal allies yourself (in Neptunia 1, you couldn't), the game industry share system is much easier to handle and it's much easier to manipulate compared to the first game's, and the enemy design still makes me chuckle.

The Inafune weapon is kinda funny the first time you see it, and it's ridiculously strong.

Otherwise, Koko, I really don't think you'd like them anyhow because of how fanservicey they can get. If I got embarrassed while playing some of it and ended up skipping through all of the cutscenes, dialogue, spoken dialogue, etc. then yeah, I doubt you'd like it.

I honestly just skip all the dialogue and cutscenes because I really don't give a shit about them. I can't stand it, personally.

You're right, I don't think I could play it for very long before being quite annoyed at how mindlessly stuff gets portrayed. Sometimes I'll experiment with these types games like I played Otomedius Excellent which wasn't as bad as Neptunia or anything, but the motives behind every inflatable balloon chest size, ripped clothing, and all the other perverted stuff in games like this just sometimes grosses me out due to how mindless it is. To be honest, if you're going to play something specifically for that part(the pervy stuff), I don't understand the appeal of playing fanservicey variant in a video game, I never understand why people want to mix normal with all this sexual content, but oh well I don't really care too much as that's how some people are, I only dislike it when people won't stop going on and on about their fetishes as if the world needs to know, or whatever else as if it's some kind of gold medal. (yes, I've seen a lot on GAF)

Then you get comments like:

"Stop censoring" (naked people)
"Stop talking about Pokemon" (when talking about 11-14 year old female children from the game/show sexualized with larger breasts in fanart and revealing clothing making lewd gestures or laying ontop of other characters.)

I cannot comprehend how some people cannot comprehend I guess you could say.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Potto to cut a check to Sonicgaf for advertising!
I could go for some cash, sure.

I don't think I could ever pick between X1 and X4, they are just so perfectly good. Well, X4's last boss is crazy, but still, the gameplay before all that is phenomenal, just like X1. Zero's gameplay was the best in X4 and better than any other Mega Man game.
Yup. I have two masters and then the last bits left, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm still enjoying the game very much as X. I'll probably do Zero tomorrow. I think that might go a little better since I'll be way less rusty at the game. We'll see how the final boss goes, but I remember kinda... liking it? But that's because I like it hard.

Honestly, though?
X4 > X2 > X1 > X8 > X3 > nothing else comes after this, you guys

Sciz

I thought I fixed that before! Augh! Thanks for checking, btw. I should've tested them out beforehand.

Edited in and fixed.

More replacements, for the sole and exclusive purpose of murdering JPEG artifacts that only I will care about:

sonicuniverse52_thumbejzde.png
sonicuniverse53_thumbyrltc.png
sonicuniverse52v_thumhfykg.png
sonicuniverse52v2_thus4yfv.png

Did you get a hi-res version of the logo?

Nope.

worldscollide_bannersby6f.png

But Photoshop is a kind of magic. A bit blurrier than I'd like, but the sharpen filters do more harm than good.

(c.f. the original)

qq more

The OP looks great so far. Pretty excited for the crossover! The covers are fantastic too, so much references to the games. I cannot wait to see how the comic itself will turn out!

For those who like the genre of rap, they are actually extremely well done and unique.

For me it's actually between X1 and X2. I'm really leaning towards X2... but there was just something about X1, I think it may have been the presentation. X4 is pretty close though, it was the game that really got me into the series. MMBN3 was my first but it didn't do all that much for me (even though it's a great game, and still is). All 3 of those games are very fantastic, I wouldn't mind replaying them!

I've only ever really paid attention to video game music so I have very limited experience with rap but I really like the Knuckles raps.

HERE I COME, ROUGHER THAN THE REST OF THEM!
THE BEST OF THEM, TOUGHER THAN LEATHER!

YOU CAN CALL ME KNUCKLES
UNLIKE SONIC I DON'T CHUCKLE

X8 better than X3? Ehhhh, I found X8 wayy too masochistic to be any fun most of the times. Then again, it has better gameplay. I really wished the level design wasn't so awful though.

Kokonoe

Banned
Yup. I have two masters and then the last bits left, but I'll do that tomorrow. I'm still enjoying the game very much as X. I'll probably do Zero tomorrow. I think that might go a little better since I'll be way less rusty at the game. We'll see how the final boss goes, but I remember kinda... liking it? But that's because I like it hard.

Honestly, though?

I guess it's just the last form of the last boss that gets a little too crazy for me, but I guess it's when you play it as Zero is why as beating it with Zero is a lot harder than with X. The two forms before it I enjoy, and I can't say I outright dislike the last form, but it's not something I can really praise either.

My favorite of the X games (I still haven't played X6 X7 X8) are X and and X4
Classic: 7 (favorite) and 8

And I like 10 more than 9 as I felt 9 was too much trial and error, keep dying to progress for my tastes. Although 9's OST is great, especially Splash Woman and Concrete Man. Although even though it got on my nerves a bit, still enjoyed MM9.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
More replacements, for the sole and exclusive purpose of murdering JPEG artifacts that only I will care about

(c.f. the original)
Replaced. Thanks!

Where would you like to put that Worlds Collide banner in the thread? At the top? Or are you using it as the Worlds Collide banner? I'll edit it in to where you want.

You're right, I don't think I could play it for very long before being quite annoyed at how mindlessly stuff gets portrayed. Sometimes I'll experiment with these types games like I played Otomedius Excellent which wasn't as bad as Neptunia or anything, but the motives behind every inflatable balloon chest size, ripped clothing, and all the other perverted stuff in games like this just sometimes grosses me out due to how mindless it is. To be honest, if you're going to play something specifically for that part(the pervy stuff), I don't understand the appeal of playing fanservicey variant in a video game, I never understand why people want to mix normal with all this sexual content, but oh well I don't really care too much as that's how some people are, I only dislike it when people won't stop going on and on about their fetishes as if the world needs to know, or whatever else as if it's some kind of gold medal. (yes, I've seen a lot on GAF)

Then you get comments like:

"Stop censoring" (naked people)
"Stop talking about Pokemon" (when talking about 11-14 year old female children from the game/show sexualized with larger breasts in fanart and revealing clothing making lewd gestures or laying ontop of other characters.)

I cannot comprehend how some people cannot comprehend I guess you could say.
Yeah, I doubt you'd have the patience for a lot of the CGs and the character interaction/design at all. I wouldn't play it, really. I can grin and bear it if it's a game where I'm enjoying the game part of the game, but not when it's overwhelmingly affecting my enjoyment of the game at all (like the first Neptunia). I like to joke that this is what video games have become like in Japan, but sometimes I wonder. I don't really appreciate it, tbh. And I don't really appreciate that it seems to be taking a main precedence or focus in game dev / art design in some games I'd like to play either.

Ah yes... I heard about that nonsense. It's really disappointing and I definitely empathize because it annoys the shit out of me too. :/

X8 better than X3? Ehhhh, I found X8 wayy too masochistic to be any fun most of the times. Then again, it has better gameplay. I really wished the level design wasn't so awful though.
You know my feelings about this. Don't make me repeat myself.

OMG Aero said:
Asura's Wrath is the best anime.
Might start it tomorrow. I tried DmC a little bit tonight and realized I didn't want to play it anymore.

Tizoc

X4, X8, MHX/X1 & Command Mission are my fav. games in the X series.

8 and 2 are my fav. of the classic series. I mostly like 2 a lot because it seems easy for me *shrugs*

X8 is certainly several steps above the two games that precede it but I could never in good conscious put it above any of the first five games in the series while a quarter of its Maverick stages are naff vehicle levels.

Sciz

Replaced. Thanks!

Where would you like to put that Worlds Collide banner in the thread? At the top? Or are you using it as the Worlds Collide banner? I'll edit it in to where you want.

Stick it up top, I'm not sure what I'm doing with the second one yet.

More nitpicky tweaks:

megaman24_thumb8vafv.png
megaman27_thumbn8ley.png

I don't know why the original art for these two is so desaturated, but they stuck out in a bad way. More color!

Also the first question in the Sonic section got cut off somewhere along the line.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Stick it up top, I'm not sure what I'm doing with the second one yet.

I don't know why the original art for these two is so desaturated, but they stuck out in a bad way. More color!

Also the first question in the Sonic section got cut off somewhere along the line.
Thanks! Fixed.

Yeah, I was wondering about where it went in the draft, but I edited it back in. Should be good now. Anything else?

I guess it's just the last form of the last boss that gets a little too crazy for me, but I guess it's when you play it as Zero is why as beating it with Zero is a lot harder than with X. The two forms before it I enjoy, and I can't say I outright dislike the last form, but it's not something I can really praise either.

My favorite of the X games (I still haven't played X6 X7 X8) are X and and X4
Classic: 7 (favorite) and 8

And I like 10 more than 9 as I felt 9 was too much trial and error, keep dying to progress for my tastes. Although 9's OST is great, especially Splash Woman and Concrete Man. Although even though it got on my nerves a bit, still enjoyed MM9.
Granted, because I haven't played X4 in a while, I'm sure the final boss will give me a run for my money because of how rusty I am. I could no-hit this game no problem before. Now I can just do it for a few bits. The game itself is still easy, though.

Ah, you missed when I went back through 10 in an attempt for a no death run and I got pissed that I died at the last possible place I could die! Ahaha. And then I lost my entire composure, decided to keep a save before the Wily stages and just progressed to the end. Really sucks because I reset a lot and I was actually going to get it done too. At the end, though, I came out of 10 liking the level design more than 9. I'm still fond of both games, and I think of them on equal terms. Noi replayed 9 the other day and I don't think he likes it as much now, lol.

As for classic, I'm biased, so 2, 3, and 5 are my mains. I like 9&10 as well. But I've come to like 4 and 8 a little more now than I did before. 4 Complete Works was fun and I think I might give it another playthrough a little later on to see if it'll make it a main. 8, well, I wrote a post about 8. I ended up thinking it was okay.

Koko, don't play X6 and X7. They aren't worth it.

Tizoc

Play more games.

I have played lots of games, I still don't find it to be as bad as people say it is (I'd agree the Werehog stages could've been better though)
Then again I find that people just say that because they subconsciously need to trash talk a Sonic game, poor blokes the lot of them *sigh*

So who do you guys 'main' in Sonic Fighters? I mostly use Bean, cuz he's my fav. comic character =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom